PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl half time entertainment ??

wolfdancer
02-07-2010, 07:16 PM
I had to double check to make sure this wasn't the Senior Bowl, not the Super Bowl....
Decades ago (eons ago?) when I was in the Navy, we went to open night of a new "Road House". At the last moment, the R&R band they had scheduled to perform...canceled out on them, and true story....with nowhere else to turn to, they ended up with a group from the local "Old Age Home"....the piano player was 91, as I remember. Their fastest beat was the two step. After a half dozen drinks,we didn't care how bad they were....we danced to our own beat.
Wonder if this geriatric group came from the same rest home?

hondo
02-07-2010, 09:08 PM
I liked it. But then, I've always been a Who fan.

sack316
02-07-2010, 10:16 PM
I've never really like The Who too much... but they did much better tonight than I thought they would. My guess is that the super bowl was on CBS... them playing was good promotion for all the CSI's I guess (?) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Really, though... thought they did great.

Sack

hondo
02-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Yep, I thought they were pretty good for geezers.

dg-in-centralpa
02-08-2010, 12:27 PM
I like The Who but was not impressed with the show. I think Pete had a wardrobe malfunction. Every time he did his trademark windmill strum on the guitar, his shirtcame out of his pants and exposed his big stomach. YUK! Not sure what's worse, Petes' stomach or Janets' saggy boob.

DG

eg8r
02-08-2010, 03:21 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

LWW
02-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Who was the half time band?

LWW

pooltchr
02-08-2010, 03:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who was the half time band?

LWW </div></div>

Yes!

Steve

sack316
02-08-2010, 03:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who was the half time band?

LWW </div></div>

I thought Who was on first?

Sack

pooltchr
02-08-2010, 04:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who was the half time band?

LWW </div></div>

I thought Who was on first?

Sack </div></div>

What???

Steve

sack316
02-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Abbott and Costello

Sack

pooltchr
02-08-2010, 05:10 PM
They're on the radio!
Who's on second?

Steve

LWW
02-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Who's on first ... Watt's on second.

LWW

wolfdancer
02-08-2010, 06:07 PM
no,that's not true. James Watt invented the steam engine

pooltchr
02-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Mel Watt is in congress.....much to my dismay!!!

I don't know who's on third

Steve

hondo
02-08-2010, 06:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no,that's not true. James Watt invented the steam engine </div></div>

He was Lightweight champion of the world at one time.

wolfdancer
02-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Watt's that you say...the former Sec. of the interior was a prize fighter?
speaking of lightweights....I see johnnyD is once again gracing the board with his religious comedy act

hondo
02-08-2010, 10:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watt's that you say...the former Sec. of the interior was a prize fighter?
speaking of lightweights....I see johnnyD is once again gracing the board with his religious comedy act </div></div>

Praise the Lord! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

hondo
02-08-2010, 10:41 PM
I believe he lost his title to Hilmer Kenty who then lost to Sean O'Grady.

LWW
02-09-2010, 08:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watt's that you say...the former Sec. of the interior was a prize fighter?
speaking of lightweights....I see johnnyD is once again gracing the board with his religious comedy act </div></div>

Praise the Lord! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

Bless you for being thankful for JohnnyD's safe return.

LWW

Deeman3
02-09-2010, 08:21 AM
I was sort of embarrassed for the band and thought they were trying too hard to look likethe Who of 1970's.

I was never their biggest fan but liked some of their music. Some rock stars continue to hold up well but some don't. I know it is a matter of opinion but I would have preferred perhaps several other band instead or even Michael Jackson as I am sure his family would have dug him up for the right price. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Even though I hate modern music for the most part, it might have been better to have more recent performers as long as they stay away from the wardrobe malfunctions and that guy kissing his male dancers. Heck, they could even wheel Madonna out of the home for a night, maybe. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Wonder what Don Hendley and his crew were doing on Sunday night?

pooltchr
02-09-2010, 08:31 AM
When it comes to geezer rock, nobody can touch Santana. 4 decades and still on top of his game!

Steve

dg-in-centralpa
02-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Besides looking like The Who of old, the lip syncing was terrible. Instead of these lame productions with fake singing, and washed up acts, bring back the college marching bands and live music.

DG

hondo
02-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Why not invite him over to AZ, Dub? Give him a letter of introduction. Tell your buds what great friends you are.

I feel that he and Cuejoey have a lot in common.

You're not ashamed of Johnny, are you?

hondo
02-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Oye como va, Brother.

LWW
02-10-2010, 02:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not invite him over to AZ, Dub? Give him a letter of introduction. Tell your buds what great friends you are.

You're not ashamed of Johnny, are you? </div></div>

I am not ashamed of any of God's creations.

LWW

hondo
02-10-2010, 07:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not invite him over to AZ, Dub? Give him a letter of introduction. Tell your buds what great friends you are.

You're not ashamed of Johnny, are you? </div></div>

I am not ashamed of any of God's creations.

LWW </div></div>

So YOU say. The proof is in the letter of introduction.

You'll love it, Johnny.

Your hero is like a God over there.
Watch out for those wascally neo-cons, however.
As you have pointed out, those are bad people!!!

LWW
02-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Hondo, please do not refer to me as God.

I know that my physique thrills some of y'all ... but I assure you that I'm quite mortal.

I am already concerned for you after your stated belief that then shroud of Turin contains the image of Barack Hussein Obama Jr.

LWW

hondo
02-10-2010, 12:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hondo, please do not refer to me as God.

I know that my physique thrills some of y'all ... but I assure you that I'm quite mortal.

I am already concerned for you after your stated belief that then shroud of Turin contains the image of Barack Hussein Obama Jr.

LWW </div></div>

Please show me where I used a metaphor.
I used a simile. Learn the difference, friend.

Also, it appears that my rapier-sharp humor is a little too sophisticated for you.

As Boronut once pointed out, we shouldn't have to use emoticons
just so dumb asses can figure out whether we are kidding or not.

LWW
02-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Explain how you believe someone can be like a God without being a God?

Please, do not attempt to excuse blasphemy.

LWW

wolfdancer
02-10-2010, 02:08 PM
I believe Hondo has scored another "gotcha", and your attempted rejoinder, while it might have scored rep points over on the XYZ site.....falls short of the mark here.

LWW
02-10-2010, 02:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe Hondo has scored another "gotcha", and your attempted rejoinder, while it might have scored rep points over on the XYZ site.....falls short of the mark here.
</div></div>

You are truly blessed to be so easily entertained brother wolf.

LWW

hondo
02-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Lord, I'm glad I never had you as a student.
Still have your original dunce cap?

Do you keep it over "their"? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
02-10-2010, 07:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, it appears that my rapier-sharp humor is a little too sophisticated for you.

</div></div>

Dear friend,
YOU are too sophisticated for him, by far!

Love,
Gayle

wolfdancer
02-13-2010, 01:05 PM
I thought el dub,dub brought his retarded half brother over here from "area 9"????
Where did he find him then...on some street corner preaching the Bible?

hondo
02-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Perhaps it was an immaculate conception?

Stretch
02-13-2010, 06:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps it was an immaculate conception? </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif LOL