PDA

View Full Version : The GW nuts are really losing it!

pooltchr
02-10-2010, 12:51 PM
They are actually wanting us to believe that the record blizzards hitting the noreheast are the result of global warming!

Is there no limit to their fantasy world???

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100210/hl_time/08599196229400

Steve

LWW
02-10-2010, 01:59 PM
That's old news brother steve.

The claim from the party of deception is that global warming causes global cooling which causes global warming.

They have closed their eyes to the magnificent self regulating world we have been blessed with and have cast their lot with the idolaters.

We can only forgive them and try to be their for them.

LWW

Qtec
02-10-2010, 07:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Global warming theory predicts that global precipitation will increase, and that heavy precipitation events--the ones most likely to cause flash flooding--will also increase.</span> This occurs because as the climate warms, evaporation of moisture from the oceans increases, resulting in more water vapor in the air. According to the 2007 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report, <u>water vapor in the global atmosphere has increased by about 5% over the 20th century, and 4% since 1970. This extra moisture in the air will tend to produce heavier snowstorms, assuming it is cold enough to snow. </u>Groisman et al. (2004) found a 14% increase in heavy (top 5%) and 20% increase in very heavy (top 1%) precipitation events in the U.S. over the past 100 years, though mainly in spring and summer. However, the authors did find a significant increase in winter heavy precipitation events have occurred in the Northeast U.S. </div></div>

link (http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1427)

Q

Gayle in MD
02-10-2010, 07:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Global warming theory predicts that global precipitation will increase, and that heavy precipitation events--the ones most likely to cause flash flooding--will also increase.</span> This occurs because as the climate warms, evaporation of moisture from the oceans increases, resulting in more water vapor in the air. According to the 2007 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report, <u>water vapor in the global atmosphere has increased by about 5% over the 20th century, and 4% since 1970. This extra moisture in the air will tend to produce heavier snowstorms, assuming it is cold enough to snow. </u>Groisman et al. (2004) found a 14% increase in heavy (top 5%) and 20% increase in very heavy (top 1%) precipitation events in the U.S. over the past 100 years, though mainly in spring and summer. However, the authors did find a significant increase in winter heavy precipitation events have occurred in the Northeast U.S. </div></div>

link (http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1427)

Q </div></div>

Hey!!!! How dare you present factual information that blows away the wishful, politicallly motivated, desperate thinking of the sheep!!!!

Don't we already know that Sara is the expert on these matters!!!

Unbelievable!!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
02-10-2010, 08:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[

Unbelievable!!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

But nobody could come close to matching your knowledge on the subject, at least in your own opinion of yourself.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

Gayle in MD
02-10-2010, 08:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[

Unbelievable!!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

But nobody could come close to matching your knowledge on the subject, at least in your own opinion of yourself.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve </div></div>

Go take a flying F., you retard!

I have plans for your sarcastic lying, gross, insulting BS. I own property in Charlotte, right on a main artery, and you're going to faint when you see my Billboard!

Freedom of speech, remember, Sherlock????

G.

cushioncrawler
02-10-2010, 09:07 PM
wiki
Some scientists now consider that the effects of global dimming have masked the effect of global warming to some extent and that resolving global dimming may therefore lead to increases in predictions of future temperature rise.[43] According to Beate Liepert, "We lived in a global warming plus a global dimming world and now we are taking out global dimming. So we end up with the global warming world, which will be much worse than we thought it will be, much hotter."[44] The magnitude of this masking effect is one of the central problems in climate change with significant implications for future climate changes and policy responses to global warming.[43]

Interactions between the two theories for climate modification have also been studied, as global warming and global dimming are neither mutually exclusive nor contradictory. In a paper published on March 8, 2005 in the American Geophysical Union's Geophysical Research Letters, a research team led by Anastasia Romanou of Columbia University's Department of Applied Physics and Mathematics, New York, also showed that the apparently opposing forces of global warming and global dimming can occur at the same time.[45] Global dimming interacts with global warming by blocking sunlight that would otherwise cause evaporation and the particulates bind to water droplets. Water vapor is the major greenhouse gas. On the other hand, global dimming is affected by evaporation and rain. Rain has the effect of clearing out polluted skies.

Brown clouds have been found to amplify global warming according to Veerabhadran Ramanathan, an atmospheric chemist at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography in La Jolla, CA. "The conventional thinking is that brown clouds have masked as much as 50 percent of global warming by greenhouse gases through so-called global dimming... While this is true globally, this study reveals that over southern and eastern Asia, the soot particles in the brown clouds are in fact amplifying the atmospheric warming trend caused by greenhouse gases by as much as 50 percent."[46]

cushioncrawler
02-10-2010, 09:09 PM
wiki
Pollution produced by humans may be seriously weakening the Earth's water cycle reducing rainfall and threatening fresh water supplies. A 2001 study by researchers at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography suggests that tiny particles of soot and other pollutants have a significant effect on the hydrological cycle. According to Veerabhadran Ramanathan, "the energy for the hydrological cycle comes from sunlight. As sunlight heats the ocean, water escapes into the atmosphere and falls out as rain. So as aerosols cut down sunlight by large amounts, they may be spinning down the hydrological cycle of the planet."[38]

Large scale changes in weather patterns may also have been caused by global dimming. Climate modelers speculatively suggest that this reduction in solar radiation at the surface may have led to the failure of the monsoon in sub-Saharan Africa during the 1970s and 1980s, together with the associated famines such as the Sahel drought, caused by Northern hemisphere pollution cooling the Atlantic.[39] Because of this, the Tropical rain belt may not have risen to its northern latitudes, thus causing an absence of seasonal rains. This claim is not universally accepted and is very difficult to test. However a 2009 Chinese study of 50 years of continuous data found that though most parts of eastern China saw no significant change in the amount of water held by the atmosphere but light rains had decreased.[4] In addition, where the atmosphere transported water vapor didn't coincide with light rain frequency. The researchers then modeled the effect of aerosols and also concluded the overall effect was that water drops in polluted cases are up to 50 percent smaller than in pristine skies. They concluded smaller size impedes the formation of rain clouds and the falling of light rain beneficial for agriculture; a different effect than reducing solar irradiance, but still a direct result from the presence of aerosols.

The 2001 study by researchers at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography concluded that the imbalance between global dimming and global warming at the surface leads to weaker turbulent heat fluxes to the atmosphere. This means globally reduced evaporation and hence precipitation occur in a dimmer and warmer world, which could ultimately lead to a more humid atmosphere in which it rains less.[40]

A natural form of large scale environmental shading/dimming has been identified that affected the 2006 northern hemisphere hurricane season. The NASA study found that several major dust storms in June and July in the Sahara desert sent dust drifting over the Atlantic Ocean and through several effects caused cooling of the waters and thus dampening the development of hurricanes.[41][42]

pooltchr
02-11-2010, 08:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[
I have plans for your sarcastic lying, gross, insulting BS. I own property in Charlotte, right on a main artery, and you're going to faint when you see my Billboard!

G. </div></div>

Impressive that you would actually spend your own money to publically attack someone you repeatedly claim is irrelivent, and who you ignore. Even more impressive is that you would actually admit to owning property in "Bubba land".
However, if that is what you want to do, feel free. If you would like to use my logo in your advertisement, let me know, so I can get you a good proof. You probably want to clear it with your attorney first, just to make sure what you are doing is legal.
Also, most of us down here in the ignorant south probably can't read, so you might want to use pictures. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Steve

Steve

Gayle in MD
02-11-2010, 08:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[

G. </div></div>

Impressive that you would actually spend your own money to publically attack someone you repeatedly claim is irrelivent, and who you ignore. Even more impressive is that you would actually admit to owning property in "Bubba land".
However, if that is what you want to do, feel free. If you would like to use my logo in your advertisement, let me know, so I can get you a good proof. You probably want to clear it with your attorney first, just to make sure what you are doing is legal.
Also, most of us down here in the ignorant south probably can't read, so you might want to use pictures. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Steve

Steve </div></div>

The word is, irrelevant, Bubba.

eg8r
02-11-2010, 02:27 PM
LOL, it is hilarious to see you hanging on by the last thread.

eg8r