PDA

View Full Version : CAT Tour and Keychain update

MikeM
08-17-2002, 10:03 PM
Just returned from the beach via Arnold, MD where I watched much of the first round of the latest CAT Tour stop at Bill and Billie's Q Club. Had a great time watching and playing pool. Handed out the first CCB keychains to Lester, Dr. D, Lorri, HarryDC, Nostroke, RichR, Holly, and CarolNYC (three GREAT hugs for one keychain!). nineballbitch, yours is with Nostroke. They look great hanging on a cue case! I sent some back to the NY/NJ Metro with Lorri and Carol.

Saw some great pool played by the CAT ladies. Our own Carol is in the money! She won a tight match against Ellie Chang to move into Sunday's play. Carol missed a late nine ball that would have caused others to throw in the towel, but she hung tough and closed out the match in style. Lorri payed very well, knocking out Karen Armstrong before dropping an exciting hill-hill match to Holly Ryan, who was eventually knocked out by Carol. Dr. D had a tough time with the heat (it was VERY hot in there) and bowed out early.

Played some not so great pool with Rich and Nostroke. Guys, are we awesome or what?!? We have decided to have our own division of the CCB Tourney, because we don't think anyone can keep up with us! Rich won a cue for his lovely wife Kathy in the raffle.

As always it was a blast hangin' with the CCB crowd!

MM...GO CAROL!!!

Tom_In_Cincy
08-17-2002, 10:09 PM
Once again.. geography is keeping us non-east coast players/CCBr's from having any fun..

Sounds like a great time was had by all..

Kato
08-18-2002, 01:05 AM
I live too far away. Anyone got a really easy job for me that pays a lot of money so I can hang out with all you'z folks?

Kato~~~the sun and fun isn't what it's cracked up to be sometimes.

9 Ball Girl
08-18-2002, 06:55 AM
That's my Carol. Taking names and kicking a$$! Hey Carol, do you think you can spare 2 keychains for me? If you can, I can go to Corner on Monday (that is if you're still playing in the straight pool league) or whenever and I can pick 'em up. Thanks!

Wendy~~MikeM, I'll still buy you a drink when we meet /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

cuechick
08-18-2002, 08:59 AM
who else made it to Sunday?

MikeM
08-18-2002, 09:06 AM
Linda Shea will play Jennifer Baretta for the hot seat. Carol, Amanda (don't know the last name) and Liz Swartzreich are on the one loss side. The winner between Sueyen Rhee and Renee Salvi will also be alive with one loss.

MM

Doctor_D
08-18-2002, 11:07 AM
Good afternoon Mike:

Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you for the fabulous Key Chains. They are way kewl!

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

CarolNYC
08-18-2002, 06:00 PM
Mike,
Your a better hugger than me! Your the best!
Hope to see you very soon!
Carol~enjoyed every moment with Mike-watchout GIRLS!

CarolNYC
08-18-2002, 06:04 PM
Hey Wendy,
Mike gave me three-they're all spoken for-Im sorry-but Im sure Mike will find a way to get them to you! He's a sweetheart!Thanks for the boost of confidence girl! I appreciate it! And, no, Im at Corner Thursdays!
Carol~miss ya!

Rich R.
08-18-2002, 07:01 PM
Yeah, we're awesome alright!!! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif
But the truth is, I had fun playing a few games with you and Nostroke. I don't know if the CCB tournament is ready for us???
The key chains are great and I appreciate all of your time and energy to make them a reality. Mine was on my case within a minute after receiving it.
Others beat me to the gun to give you the results of the CAT tournament, but I will tell you that there was some great pool.
My wife Cathy allowed me to hit a few balls with the Pechauer cue and it has a very solid hit and plays very nice. It is a great cue for the cost. Of course it is an outstanding cue for what I paid. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Hope to see you soon.
Rich R.

Ralph S.
08-18-2002, 07:02 PM
I agree Tom. I am only about 4 hours northwest of you in Ft.Wayne IN. It just seems like they won't let us in on all the action LOL.
Ralph S.

08-18-2002, 07:47 PM
Hey Girl!! got ya covered, I've got plenty of keychains left. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Let me know what's a good way to get one to you by PM. (Probably snail mail?) I owe ya one, I feel bad that I forgot about your alternator in Binghampton!!! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Nostroke
08-18-2002, 08:13 PM
Yes-Not too many sponsors were huddling around looking to sign up Rich, Mike or myself. The best i can say is i dont think any of us missed a shot with ball in hand.

Anyway, Its down to Linda and Renee in the finals. Linda is undefeated.

Liz and Jen both lost late to Renee getting third and fourth. Both had chances to win, meaning a roll here or a roll there. Liz jumped out to a couple of game lead vs Renee but Renee came storming back and closed her out 7-5. Jen went to the Hill with her.

SPetty
08-18-2002, 09:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Kato~~~the sun and fun isn't what it's cracked up to be sometimes. <hr></blockquote>hahaha - say that again when January comes around...

SPetty~~~ often has to remind myself of that in Texas in August...

9 Ball Girl
08-18-2002, 09:41 PM
Cool! I'm going to need about 4. If and when you see Carol again, then you can give them to her and I'll meet her at Corner on a Thursday and get them. Or, I'll see you at the US Open. I guess whichever comes first. Or, we can do the snail mail thing. PM me if that's what you prefer and I'll send my address. Thanks!!!

MikeM
08-18-2002, 10:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> Mike,
Your a better hugger than me! Your the best!
Hope to see you very soon!
Carol~enjoyed every moment with Mike-watchout GIRLS! <hr></blockquote>

That'll be the day! I don't mind practicing with the master any chance I can get though! (BTW How does Jim feel about all this?!?)

MM

Rich R.
08-19-2002, 04:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Nostroke:</font><hr> Yes-Not too many sponsors were huddling around looking to sign up Rich, Mike or myself. The best i can say is i dont think any of us missed a shot with ball in hand. <hr></blockquote>
Are you saying that we are not the favorites for the CCB tournament? /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
It was a pleasure meeting you and playing (I use the term loosely) a few games.
Rich R.

CarolNYC
08-19-2002, 04:22 AM
Mike,
You never have to worry about that! Jim and I are not only husband/wife but he's my bestfriend and confidante!We have respect for eachother and I would stand by him NO MATTER WHAT and never hurt him!Thats all I have to say about that!
Your a GENTLEMAN-I appreciate the concern,but we have a bond that will NEVER be broken!
Carol~had a GREAT time with Mike and loving my keychain!:)

CarolNYC
08-19-2002, 04:35 AM
Kato,
You dont know how close you are at all times! Right in our hearts!:)
Carol

Lester
08-19-2002, 05:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> &lt;
That'll be the day! I don't mind practicing with the master any chance I can get though! (BTW How does Jim feel about all this?!?)

MM <hr></blockquote>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Okay, let me wade into this fray by saying that Carol wouldn't let me leave Saturday without a hug. Talk about a lasting impression. It's like a "thug-hug" except that it's done with emotion. I can still feel it. Now to be completely honest, I didn't hug Mike so I can't compare them. I wish I had known you guys were gonna practice for the CCB tournament. Nostroke, it was great to meet you. Lorri, I didn't get a chance to say hi, but I did keep an eye on one of your matches. Dr. D, you were playing as well. ***Lester***

Rich R.
08-19-2002, 05:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> Mike,
You never have to worry about that! Jim and I are not only husband/wife but he's my bestfriend and confidante!We have respect for eachother and I would stand by him NO MATTER WHAT and never hurt him!Thats all I have to say about that!
Your a GENTLEMAN-I appreciate the concern,but we have a bond that will NEVER be broken!
Carol~had a GREAT time with Mike and loving my keychain!:) <hr></blockquote>
And beside all of that, Jim knows that you are undeniably, certifiably, unquestionably CRAZY. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Rich R.

CarolNYC
08-19-2002, 05:49 AM
Truly from the heart,Lester,truly from the heart! I just wanted to add that my match with Ellie was a good one-I was seeing things and doing things that were beyond me-I was scaring myself,ha ha ha ha-I can only attribute it to the words "moving your game up a notch!"BUT then, on Sunday,playing Liz-Im up on the wins,miss a pretty hard cut on a 9-ball and THAT WAS IT! From jumping up, to poking,to missing,it was like I didnt know how to play at all! Oh, the horror,the horror,ha ha ha ha!Thanks Lester for sweating the matches-I know with my matches, you never know whats going to happen-ANTICIPATION!ha ha ha
Take care!
Carol

Doctor_D
08-19-2002, 05:58 AM
Good morning Lester:

Thank-you and sorry that I missed you. As it turned out, not being helped any by the environmental conditions of the room, I ended up suffering from heat stroke on Saturday! Not a good condition under which to compete in a tournament.

/ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Dr. D.

Lester
08-19-2002, 07:19 AM
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I thought it was "overly warm" in there, and I wasn't moving around. I hope your feeling better. ****Lester****

CarolNYC
08-19-2002, 11:41 AM
ABSOLUTELY RICH!
I think everyone should ask "Hows Jim doing?"ha ha ha ha-I am a handful and I thank God he's willing to stand by me and keep me in line,ha ha ha-I may be full of life,but ALWAYS with a loving heart!:)
love ya,Rich!
Carol~misses Rich and Cathy already!:(

08-19-2002, 12:05 PM

Kato
08-19-2002, 12:10 PM
I was talking to Chris Cass last night about bar tables. I never play on them. I suppose as long as I don't have to play with one of those 16lb bowling balls I'll be ok.

Kato

Rich R.
08-19-2002, 12:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Heh Rich, have you heard what size tables are we going to use in the CCB tournament? Were you playing are bar boxes LOL? <hr></blockquote>
I don't know for sure. I was assuming the CCB tournament would be on 9' tables. Although they would probably help my game, because they are smaller, I really don't like to play on bar boxes.
Rich R.