PDA

View Full Version : Curious 'bout this one...

sack316
02-11-2010, 01:27 AM
Believe it is Obama to the DNC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2utB1DcEIw&feature=player_embedded#

Now, I've seen this portion be jumped on for his continual use of "I", "me", etc... and jumped on for not knowing her name. Personally, I give a pass on that.

But what does strike me is two things:

a) She worked on his campaign.

b) She died from lack of insurance.

If healthcare is so important to him, why wouldn't HE have provided it to campaign workers?

Now secondly, and this part I don't know... but supposedly a fact check found that she, in fact, did have insurance. And other personal information on her, but since I cannot verify it as fact I will leave that out.

But again, we are down to two things here:

1) She worked for his campaign, but he didn't provide her insurance or

2) She had insurance, but he chose to use her death as a lie to push his agenda.

Also of note, she was cremated, not buried. But she was wearing her Obama T-shirt.

Sack

p.s. Why the laughter from the peanut gallery when he tells this story?

Gayle in MD
02-11-2010, 07:01 AM
<span style="color: #000066">Wow sack, what an obvious stretch this one is. ARe you the new Glen Beck??? Talk about nit picking and unfair editing.

Here's a bit more about Beck's outrageous statementsm and what the President actually stated....</span>

http://whitenoiseinsanity.com/2010/02/10...comment-page-1/ (http://whitenoiseinsanity.com/2010/02/10/glenn-beck-lied-about-president-obama-and-melanie-shouse-who-died-of-breast-cancer/comment-page-1/)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Glenn Beck is a dangerous man. He has two national microphones a day to rally the right wing fringe of this country and he uses those microphones to spout lies, deceits, and distortions against our first African American President. Van Jones on the other hand didn’t have two national microphones to rally people to his cause, which was to proclaim himself a Commie after the unjustice of the Rodney King trial years ago! That’s right. Out of these two men, Glenn Beck is the dangerous one. Fascism is rearing it’s ugly head again after 8 years of George Bushitler and knowing that Glenn Beck has The Plan to put forth this year….visions of Hitler are dancing in their heads!

Anyway…

Yesterday on Beck’s show he started it out with the story of Melanie Shouse, who died of breast cancer a few days ago after a few years of battling this disease and who worked tirelessly for President Obama’s historic presidential campaign in St. Louis, Missouri despite her ill health. Glenn Beck couldn’t wait to use this story against our president. It was disgusting to listen to! First he started out with the audio of President Obama talking about Shouse’s death. Here’s part of the transcript of what President Obama said (sorry! don’t have the video at this time!):

"“I got a letter — I got a note today from one of my staff — they forwarded it to me — from a woman in St. Louis who had been part of our campaign, very active, who had passed away from breast cancer.

She didn’t have insurance. She couldn’t afford it, so she had put off having the kind of exams that she needed. And she had fought a tough battle for four years. All through the campaign she was fighting it, but finally she succumbed to it. And she insisted she’s going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt.

“But think about this: She was fighting that whole time not just to get me elected, not even to get herself health insurance, but because she understood that there were others coming behind her who were going to find themselves in the same situation and she didn’t want somebody else going through that same thing.

“How can I say to her, “You know what? We’re giving up”? How can I say to her family, “This is too hard”?

“How can Democrats on the Hill say, “This is politically too risky”? How can Republicans on the Hill say, “We’re better off just blocking anything from happening”?

Beck concentrated on the reaction of the audience to Obama’s statement that Shouse wanted to buried in an Obama t-shirt. A couple people had laughed for a second, but then there was a lot of ‘awwwwwwing’ coming from the audience, because they realized they were hearing the last wishes of a woman who had died. A normal reaction. Beck tried to convince his worshipers yesterday that this reaction is “proof” that our president is a liar and not liked too much.

What an ass Beck is!

BECK’S LIES ABOUT PRESIDENT OBAMA AND MELANIE SHOUSE:

Melanie’s whole story is untrue. (GLENN BECK SAYS HE AND HIS SHILLS ARE THE BEST RESEARCHERS OF ALL TIME. HAD HE DONE A GOOGLE SEARCH OF MELANIE HE WOULD HAVE FOUND HER STORY TO BE TRUE!)

Melanie did not ask to be buried (she was cremated) in an Obama t-shirt. Beck insisted this was a lie and a way for Obama to prop himself up to talk about the desire to reform our health care system. (HER FAMILY SAYS SHE WAS CREMATED WEARING AN OBAMA T-SHIRT AND THEY HONORED HER LAST WISH)

Beck made the claim that President Obama knew Melanie personally and he was at fault for not getting this woman insurance when she worked on his campaign. (COMPLETELY UNTRUE BECAUSE THERE WERE MILLIONS WORKING ON HIS CAMPAIGN AND MOST WERE UNPAID VOLUNTEERS WHO DIDN’T QUALIFY FOR INSURANCE! HE DID NOT KNOW MELANIE PERSONALLY AND ONLY FIRST HEARD ABOUT HER WHEN SOMEONE ON HIS STAFF FORWARDED HER STORY TO HIM)

Even Gather doesn’t believe the Melanie Shouse story! What is wrong with these people? Are they jealous because no one wants to be buried with their name or mug on a t-shirt or something? Seriously, the fact that a 16 year old girl called Beck the other day to say that she worships him and gets all of her history lessons from him and refuses to listen to her public school history teachers is a sign that this young woman would most likely want Beck’s picture on her shirt! I’m sure many Nazis felt the same way about Hitler. Anyway…

Glenn Beck has a child with disabilities. Should we not believe him? Maybe he is just making that up to gain sympathy for his cause? Hey, could be. If Beck doesn’t give us the truth and the proof about his daughter in the next 10 minutes after this post hits the front page, then we can automatically assume he’s lying about her to benefit his career financially! See?
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>
By the way, Melanie did have insurance when she died, but as explained by her Mother and family, the insurance company would not pay for an expensive treatment that has been known to be “experimental” but has a very good track record. </span>Her mother also pointed out that the insurance company had paid for another “experimental” treatment early on, but that treatment didn’t have a very good track record. At the end of Melanie’s life, she didn’t have the money. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>She died with insurance of a disease that many women live through today. See? President Obama said she didnt’ have insurance and Beck questioned his “truthiness”. Well, she had insurance but it sure didn’t feel like it to her!</span>
Rest in peace, Melanie. Those of us with compassion in our hearts know that our health insurance system sucks ass and we will work hard to make sure your story is not forgotten! You represent tens of thousands of people in this country who are spending a lot of money a month for insurance with high deductibles only to find out you’re under-insured or your insurance company refuses to pay for lifesaving treatments just to save themselves some money! Now that is a cancer we will rid our nation of!

</div></div>

FOUR YEARS she had fought this disease????

I read the following on your link.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does not sound like any of you know the woman who died, I did and heard her speak many times. The insurance reform that Obama originally proposed would have gotten her the treatment she needed that the insurance company rejected and she would be still alive. </div></div>

As for your targeted concerns:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But what does strike me is two things:

a) She worked on his campaign.

b) She died from lack of insurance.

<span style="color: #000066">Where does it state that? Lack of coverage due to rejection of coverage by the insurance company, or lack of insurance????? </span>

If healthcare is so important to him, why wouldn't HE have provided it to campaign workers?

<span style="color: #000066">What was her status within the campaign? Was she one of hundreds of thousands of volunteers? Was she a hired employee of the campaign? </span>
</div></div>

Having Health Care, and being rejected by your Health Care Provider, is the entire point of Health Care Reform, is it not? That WAS the president's point, was it not?

IOW, the question should not be did he provide HC Insurance for this woman, <span style='font-size: 11pt'>the reasonable question,</span> (if one wasn't just nit picking around for a reason to blame Obama for her death) should be, did her Health Insurance provider reject treatment which could have saved her life, should it not?

As a breast cancer survivor, I have met and spoken with many, many women on this subject, and I can assure you, women ARE dying, either because they are being dropped by their HCIC, rejected by Health Insurance Co.'s for coverage, or because they cannot afford the HCIC & co-pays for the necessary preventive proceedures to identify the cancer early enough to save thier own lives, or to properly treat it after identification, AFTER THEY ARE DROPPED.

I think that was the President's point, but then, I'm not trying to dig around for a reason to bash him. Also, I don't find it reasonable at all for one to presume that the President is, or should be, up on the physical health, insurance needs, and health issues of every single person who campaigned for him.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

A shame as well, IMO, that anyone WOULD presume, that President Obama, is such a heartless man that he would not have cared about a campaign worker's plight, or to presume that had he known, in advance of her diagnosis, that he would not, or did not, try to help her, since we do not know when exactly she discovered the cancer, or at what point her medical needs were refused. We do know she had fought it for FOUR YEARS!

So, dear friend, this appears to me to be another stretch on your part, another exercize in nit-picking, a Beck-like jump to conclusions about a complex issue, while ignoring the crux of the problem, reasonable coverage from insurance companies for the ill, the insured and the uninsured.

In order to rush to judgement and condemn the President, by immediately insinuating wrong doing, without first trying to source the necessary factual information needed to make a judgement, or to even make such a vast insinuation, you are clearly trying to place the blame for her death on the President.....

Awe Sack, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif shame on you.

But, maybe we should launch one of those expensive Congressional investigations....ie., "What did the president know, and when did he know it???!!!"

Or how about, "Whom did the President fail to DO, and when did he decide not to DO her????"

Pahleeeze!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LWW
02-11-2010, 09:58 AM
It is simply the hypocrisy of the left showing.

We have a member here who brags about how little he pays his employee ... while lamenting how little other pay theirs, how he doesn't pay for her health care ... while bemoaning that other employers don't provide it for their employees, how he doesn't tip blue collar workers ... while he complains about how uncaring others are, how unamerican it is to use imports ... while he drives in a top tier Japanese car in a nation where many must still walk, and complains that future generations aren't being enslaved in debt a sufficient amount to support his ever more lavish lifestyle. Meanwhile he complains that the IRS wants any of his money while he demands that others pay their fair share so that the efforts of the working class can be redistributed to him so he can continue to expand his collection of expensive wooden baubles.

LWW

LWW

sack316
02-11-2010, 01:02 PM
So the answer was #2.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> you are clearly trying to place the blame for her death on the President.....
</div></div>

Now that's a stretch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the reasonable question, (if one wasn't just nit picking around for a reason to blame Obama for her death) should be, did her Health Insurance provider reject treatment which could have saved her life, should it not?</div></div>

Also included in refusal of certain treatment: medicaid.

And through her own accounts, she spent quite some time in denial when she first realized something was wrong. By the time she finally came to terms of acceptance that there was a problem and sough treatment, she was already stage 4.

Sack

wolfdancer
02-11-2010, 05:11 PM
I don't bother reading Sack anymore...but it was obvious from the heading of his post where it was heading....(sorry about the bad pun)
I wonder how many volunteers, or even paid staff, that the dogsled lady provided HC for?
" On King! On, you huskies"
(uh, that was the call of Sergeant Preston of the RCMP, and old time radio show....I wasn't suggesting any beastiality here)

sack316
02-11-2010, 10:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't bother reading Sack anymore... </div></div>

And why is that?

And if so, how did you wind up on this thread?

Sorry, but with Brown it was apparently a big deal that no healthcare was provided. Guess not so much now?

And if she did have healthcare (which she did) then Obama was tugging at heartstrings with a lie "she didn't have insurance, she couldn't afford it...". He didn't say "she had an outrageous deductible" or "her insurance refused her service"... he said "she didn't have insurance".

What's so bad about that post? That I hold him to the same standards you would hold a republican to in terms of "truthyness"?

Sack

wolfdancer
02-11-2010, 10:26 PM
nothing is wrong with your posts.....you came on a little strong a while back...and I am trying to avoid having any conversation with you....simple as that.
you have your beliefs, and I have mine

sack316
02-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Fair enough I suppose, but JMHO, your "GFY" is a little harsher than my offering you a cookie and you mistakenly thinking I called you cookie. And even had I called you cookie, I still say "GFY" wins in the "came on a little strong" rankings. But oh well, will respect your decision (as I always have with you), but will miss our sports discussions.

Sack

Gayle in MD
02-26-2010, 01:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the answer was #2.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> you are clearly trying to place the blame for her death on the President.....
</div></div>

Now that's a stretch. <span style="color: #000066">Not at all, clearly, it was exactly what you were driving at in the first place. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1) She worked for his campaign, but he didn't provide her insurance or

2) She had insurance, but he chose to use her death as a lie to push his agenda.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the reasonable question, (if one wasn't just nit picking around for a reason to blame Obama for her death) should be, did her Health Insurance provider reject treatment which could have saved her life, should it not?</div></div>
<span style="color: #000066">No answer to this question? </span>
Also included in refusal of certain treatment: medicaid.

And through her own accounts, she spent quite some time in denial when she first realized something was wrong. By the time she finally came to terms of acceptance that there was a problem and sough treatment, she was already stage 4.

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Again, I think this was an effort on your part to demonize the President. </span>

Deeman3
02-26-2010, 01:13 PM
[quote=Gayle in MD <span style="color: #000066">Again, I think this was an effort on your part to demonize the President. </span> [/quote]

<span style="color: #FF0000"> </span> Respectfully, I don't really think he needs anyone's help with that right now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Welcome back!

wolfdancer
02-26-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm sure that Obama should have provided free health care for the thousands of volunteers that worked in support of his campaign, as did McCain/Palin.
Just another hatchet job....

pooltchr
02-26-2010, 01:35 PM
I a person suffers symptoms of a disease, yet refuses to take any action until it has reached near fatal levels, wouldn't the majority of blame fall on the individual for not taking responsible action, rather on an insurance company for not being aware of the problem in the beginning?

Steve

Gayle in MD
02-26-2010, 02:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure that Obama should have provided free health care for the thousands of volunteers that worked in support of his campaign, as did McCain/Palin.
Just another hatchet job.... </div></div> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Obviously, just another hatchet job. Amazing, after eight years of ignoring the Bush Regime's complete destruction of this country, the amount of relentless nit picking and lying that continues to spew from the righties on here.

This post was presented as a slam against the President, and this woman wasn't even a paid employee of the campaign!

Ridiculous!

However, the intent will be denied, as we can already see.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
02-26-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't know, but think you should try to get help before it's too late.

Gayle in MD
02-26-2010, 02:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Welcome back!

Respectfully, The slimey Republicans on The HIll, never need any help when it comes to demonizing anyone from the left, and particularly the Democratic Presidents who win, when their guy loses.

Obviously, Republicans spend multi millions in that effort, and since they have their own propaganda station, they manage to spread all sorts of lies.

However, I continue to find it amusing when some who claim to be non partisan, or write smirkey accusations aimed to infer that only the left is partisan, yet they are always so obviously nit picking every move by President Obama, seeking to blame him for things he didn't even know about, or have anything to do with. Particularly funny after we had to watch a total duntz, George Bush, destroy the country, for eight years, and yet, we heard little noise from the same characters during that entire time.

Of course, this history has already been re-written by the right on here, both their own, and Bush's. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Now, this may come as a surprise to you, but still, to this day, most Americans, are in favor of this president. Also, many who are against the HC bill, are against it because we want the president to stick it to the Republicans, go for the public options, or for single payers, and jam it through using reconciliation, same way Bush managed to borrow more money than all previous administrations, combined, and put forth the biggest tax cut for the wealthy, in history, also, using reconciliation.

Hence, when you factor in those who are not supporting this health care bill, consider this, REagan was far lower in the polls at this point in his presidency, than Obama has ever been.

Also, more people are now aware of the damaging policies of the right.

Some of us recall how we got into this mess! Some of us recall who was running the show, when the ditch was being dug~!

You won't hear about that on FUX, nor from any polls by Rasmeusen.

Deeman3
02-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Gayle,

Are you saying you don't think a lot of our former President? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Well, no matter who does the polling now,all but the most liberal of the groups, and that includes independent and mderates outside the GOP, are now not buying that tired old "it was all bush" mantra. When Ted Kennedy's seat can't be held in Mass. it is not a good day for the home team, even you gotta admit that. All the laughing at Palin and trying to tie the tea party folks to Nazi's is only working on MSNBC and only a few dozen are even watching anymore.

What will this all mean next week? The health care bill will be embraced, forced through the senate and then we will see how much clout Nancy has in the House.If you really think the message is let's load this turkey up with more left wng pork and pass it through Congress, even the nutty republicans will have an easy time with you guys next fall.

"Yes, we voted against the HCR bill and elected a male stripper just to show we want more money dumped into the health care pork pie!" I'll wait to see how many that fools!

They will pass an expensive bill that does nothng and claim victory, everyone now knows that. I heard a stat today that said if you take all the profits and bonueses of all the American Health Insurance Companies for a year, it will buy two (2) days of insurance for the 35 million uninsured! I have not confirmed that but was surprised not to hear Obama bring that up, if true. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Your still crazy but it's good to have you back... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
02-26-2010, 03:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle,

Are you saying you don't think a lot of our former President? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Well, no matter who does the polling now,all but the most liberal of the groups, and that includes independent and mderates outside the GOP, are now not buying that tired old "it was all bush" mantra. When Ted Kennedy's seat can't be held in Mass. it is not a good day for the home team, even you gotta admit that. All the laughing at Palin and trying to tie the tea party folks to Nazi's is only working on MSNBC and only a few dozen are even watching anymore.

<span style="color: #000066">LOL, well, you obviously haven't read the alarming reports coming from our national seucrity agencies, about the nutty Tea partiers. I know, also, that the right is blowing winning that Mass. seat way out of proportion, given the reasons why the repub won, and that's good!

I can only hope that the right continues to stay tuned into FUX Noise, so that they will continue to think they have things aced! Most Americans, still really like President Obama! Like I stated, he's done far better than REagan, at this stage, and in a much worse legacy than the one Reagan had to plow out of!</span>

What will this all mean next week? The health care bill will be embraced, forced through the senate and then we will see how much clout Nancy has in the House.If you really think the message is let's load this turkey up with more left wng pork and pass it through Congress, even the nutty republicans will have an easy time with you guys next fall.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif <span style="color: #000066">I just love when Republicans count their chickens before they hatch! </span>

"Yes, we voted against the HCR bill and elected a male stripper just to show we want more money dumped into the health care pork pie!" I'll wait to see how many that fools!

<span style="color: #000066">I'll wait to see what the bill ends up looking like, before I make any broad sweeping statements, but then, I'm a lef wing conservative. You know the kind...right? People who don't believe in torturing human beings? People who are not so paranoid that they have to fill their houses up with assault weapons. People who think that f-ing up the economy, and then being the Party of NO, when it's time to correct all the problems they left, takes a lot of nerve.

</span>

They will pass an expensive bill that does nothng and claim victory, everyone now knows that. I heard a stat today that said if you take all the profits and bonueses of all the American Health Insurance Companies for a year, it will buy two (2) days of insurance for the 35 million uninsured! I have not confirmed that but was surprised not to hear Obama bring that up, if true. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #000066">LOL, no nedd to reveal where you heard that stat.... </span>
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Your still crazy but it's good to have you back... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Well thanks, I think. </span>

Well, Dee, we see things from a different prespective, but IMO, for our country to have over 35 million people, unable to afford health insurance, and insurance costs expanding at three times the rate of inflation, predicted to go to five times in a few years, while people are being dropped and denied inusrance because of being ill, and most of the foreclosures caused by health costs for people who were working every day, paying their bills, losing their health insurance because they became ill, I have a feeling that many Americans will appreciate knowing that insurance companies will not be able to drop them when they become ill, nor deny them, because they are ill.

As far as Palin goes, I just hope she wins the nomination!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif