PDA

View Full Version : Off hand shooting eye placement?

Soflasnapper
02-12-2010, 06:20 PM
When players go for a shot with their off hand, does the eye placement over the cue stick just go by the board?

Or is the line of the shot more sideways to the body, to allow getting the cue under the normal eye positioning used with the on hand?

I've never seen this addressed, so wondering what you've observed.

cushioncrawler
02-14-2010, 04:51 AM
In my snooker team, Ron, our No1 player, haz never missed a shot with hiz off (left) hand -- at least not when i woz looking -- and he goze for many -- i might ask him how he duzz it next week.
When i myself play left'handed, i think i dont think about eye placement -- Hmmmmmmmmm -- aktually, when playing right'handed i dont ever think about eye placement neither.
madMac.

BCA Master Instr
02-14-2010, 06:39 AM
Maybe eye dominance just isn't that important????

02-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Personally, I am right eye dominant. When I shoot wtih my left hand, I shift over more so that my right eye is sighting down the cue.

Fran Crimi
02-18-2010, 03:41 PM
When I shoot off-handed I have to adjust my stance to accommodate my dominant eye which wants to go naturally over the cue. Off-handed it becomes a cross-dominant eye, so I stand a bit more sideways to the cue to allow my arm to stroke through without colliding with my torso.

But hey, that's just me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Fran

KellyStick
02-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Mostly my off hand shots tend to be short easy ones. Seems they are usually in the corners. Sometimes a bit of endrail. I am not shooting snooker on a 12 footer tho. I don't find precision to be as critical when I shoot them. I shoot them somewhat often. At least way more often than anyone I see playing in my APA league. My stroke is usually very abreviated. I find creative body position and creative bridging with my right hand can get me most everywhere else.