PDA

View Full Version : Clinton telling it like it is....

Deeman3
02-15-2010, 02:02 PM
<span style="color: #FF0000"> Gotta give her credit for doing so on their own network. I think she, above anyone in Washington, understands the seriousness of this situation. </span>

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said Monday Iran is sliding into a military dictatorship, a new assessment suggesting a rockier road ahead for U.S.-led efforts to stop Tehran from obtaining a nuclear weapon.

As the first high-level Obama administration official to make such an accusation, Clinton was reflecting an ever-dimming outlook for persuading Iran to negotiate limits on its nuclear program, which it has insisted is intended only for peaceful purposes. The U.S. and others including the two Gulf countries Clinton visited Sunday and Monday believe Iran is headed for a nuclear bomb capability.

Clinton also was revealing the logic of the administration's plan to target the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps with a new round of international sanctions intended to compel Iran to curb its nuclear ambitions before it increases the likelihood of a military clash.

pooltchr
02-15-2010, 02:55 PM
I was quite impressed with her comments. She laid it all out there for everyone to see. Like her or not, it's hard to argue with the facts!

Bravo.

Steve

wolfdancer
02-15-2010, 09:42 PM
couldn't we have combined this with the "don't ask, don't tell" thread and saved some cyberspace?
Youth wants to know....

Deeman3
02-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Jack,

This is one case where I really do thik Hillary "gets it" better than the rest of the administration and is probably the right person to handle this in the press and in dealing with the leaders overseas. It is surprising how well the Saudis, for instance, treat her with respect when they normally don't even consider a woman in their world.

Yes, we could save the space. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif