PDA

View Full Version : U S Open

08-17-2002, 10:46 PM
Who is your pick for the Open this year to win it all. Johnny Archer seems to be hitting them pretty good right now.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-17-2002, 11:12 PM
Johnny Archer has been hitting them pretty good for about 15 years now.. he just got married.. and has been finishing high in all the major tournaments he's been playing in.

I look for him to be in the top 10.. for a long time..

New wife.. new sponser.... out to prove he's still a force.. I like his chances..

Cueless Joey
08-17-2002, 11:18 PM
Mika!

Harold Acosta
08-17-2002, 11:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Henry B:</font><hr> Who is your pick for the Open this year to win it all. Johnny Archer seems to be hitting them pretty good right now. <hr></blockquote>

It will be between Reyes, Mika, Strickland or Bustamante. Cory and Archer are out of the picture.

Cueless Joey
08-17-2002, 11:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Henry B:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Who is your pick for the Open this year to win it all. Johnny Archer seems to be hitting them pretty good right now. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

It will be between Reyes, Mika, Strickland or Bustamante. Cory and Archer are out of the picture. <hr></blockquote>
Harold, I believe Efren and Busta are not playing. Off to the Asian Games.

Harold Acosta
08-17-2002, 11:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr>

Harold, I believe Efren and Busta are not playing. Off to the Asian Games. <hr></blockquote>

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to factor-in Cory and Archer....

9 Ball Girl
08-18-2002, 06:59 AM
I think the Pearl might be in the top 10. He's just won in Cardiff and to win the Open all in the same year would be a hell of an accomplishment for him.

jjinfla
08-18-2002, 12:23 PM
Are they going to give bye's to the top 16? LOL Jake

Ralph S.
08-18-2002, 12:38 PM
I hope people dont start beating me over the haed with their cues, but I have to say Earl is going to be a heavy favorite and he is my pick.
Ralph S.

08-18-2002, 01:40 PM
Efren Reyes or Francisco Bustamente

08-18-2002, 01:45 PM
I also heard about some new guy that is playing this year, I'm not sure what his real name is but I don know that they call him "The Filipino Heat".

Nostroke
08-18-2002, 08:19 PM
That might be Ronnie Alcano- He finished 8th in Hampton-losing to Parica either on the hill or by 2 games. He could be top 10 but i dont think he can win it. Im picking Mika if Efren and Bustamente arent there.

08-18-2002, 10:18 PM
No, I know Ronnie Alcado, this guy, "The Filipino Heat" supposedly shoots as strong as Efren.

TomBrooklyn
08-19-2002, 06:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr>I believe Efren and Busta are not playing. Off to the Asian Games. <hr></blockquote>What are the Asian Games?

Brady_Behrman
08-19-2002, 06:41 AM
Efren didnt come last year because f the "Asian " Games. I believe its in the beginning of the month this year

Thanks

Kato
08-19-2002, 06:45 AM
That is totally lame. I don't know what the Asian Games are but I can assure you that it is not nearly as important as the U.S. Open to me.

Kato

08-19-2002, 11:41 AM
I'd like to see Mika Immomen win it. It would be the perfect redemption for last year's shut out. Not to sound mean or anything, but I remember my friends and I being happy to see him in the finals and then disappointed not to see him play. Much respect to Corey Deuel who played a flawless game. What can I say, he got the niche of the rack and ran away with the win.

--Well, that's my opinion. I might have a few more un-mentioned favorites.

Snooky

PQQLK9
08-19-2002, 12:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> That is totally lame. I don't know what the Asian Games are but I can assure you that it is not nearly as important as the U.S. Open to me.

Kato <hr></blockquote>
I think "Me" is the operative word Kato...I would think that about 27 million Asians could give a care about you (or me for that matter) /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Vagabond
08-19-2002, 07:46 PM
Howdy folks,
We have 5 continents in the world.Each continent holds games every 4 years.More or less it includes all the events like in olympics.Main attraction is track and field.These sports are very prestigious.Winners,usually,put on pedestal in their respective countries.Commonwealth games are those conducted among the countries ruled by the Queen of England.Cheers
Vagabond