PDA

View Full Version : Bayh leaving congress

pooltchr
02-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Another Dem announces he wants nothing to do with the partisan politics that have invaded Washington.
I thought this administration was going to end partisanship and bring everybody together.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100215/pl_afp/uspoliticsbayh

Steve

eg8r
02-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Definitely a surprise.

eg8r

pooltchr
02-16-2010, 01:08 PM
I don't think it's a big surprise. I would be surprised if we don't see more of the same in the coming months.

Steve

eg8r
02-16-2010, 01:21 PM
It is a surprise to me because the overwhelming majority of those politicians are out for themselves only. Bayh was one of the better ones and is proving to everyone he did not put himself first but rather the people he represented. I seriously doubt you will find too many other politicians doing the same.

eg8r

pooltchr
02-16-2010, 01:25 PM
their motivation may be different, more like self preservation. Think in terms of rats deserting a sinking ship.

Steve

pooltchr
02-16-2010, 10:23 PM
This morning's comments from Senator Bayh leave little doubt what he believes is wrong. I gotta admit, I have thought the same thing for quite some time!

In an interview on MSNBC this morning, newly retiring Sen. Evan Bayh declared the American political system "dysfunctional," riddled with "brain-dead partisanship" and permanent campaigning. Flatly denying any possibility that he'd seek the presidency or any other higher office, Bayh argued that the American people needed to deliver a "shock" to Congress by voting incumbents out en masse and replacing them with people interested in reforming the process and governing for the good of the people, rather than deep-pocketed special-interest groups.

Another Dem actually telling it like it is!!!!! Good for him!

Steve

cushioncrawler
02-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Haz (did) Bayh hav any good ideas on what to do???
Duz he disslike deep'pocketed groups?? -- which ones??
What reforms -- of what processes??
What good?? -- for which people??
Partisanship?? -- looks like Bayh beleevs there iz middle ground for everything!!!!
He kood be an idiot -- or he could be smart -- i karnt tell.
madMac.

Alfie
02-17-2010, 11:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Bayh argued that the American people needed to deliver a "shock" to Congress by voting incumbents out en masse and replacing them with people interested in reforming the process and governing for the good of the people, rather than deep-pocketed special-interest groups.

Another Dem actually telling it like it is!!!!! Good for him!
</div></div>I have been thinking this for a while ,too. Both sides of the aisle, out!

Revolution!!!