PDA

View Full Version : Maryland to outlaw their first cousin marriages

Deeman3
02-20-2010, 09:14 AM
<span style="color: #FF0000">Maryland boldly steps into the brave new world of no kissing cousins. Who would have thought they had become so progressive. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

According to a Maryland state legislator, it is time to ban marriages between first cousins. Henry Heller, a Democratic delegate, wants people to stop playing what he calls "genetic roulette" with their offspring.

Heller says he would like to bring Maryland "into the enlightened world of other states such as West Virginia and Arkansas" that have already banned unions of first cousins.

pooltchr
02-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Which means we must now change the old joke "If a man and woman from Maryland get married, are the still legally cousins?"

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

eg8r
02-20-2010, 01:25 PM
LOL, very funny. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

cushioncrawler
02-21-2010, 07:26 AM
What the Bible says about Incest

.................Lot was a just and righteous man. And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;) 2 Peter 2:7-8

He was the only man that God saved from the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah.

.........the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city. Genesis 19:15

He got drunk and impregnated his virgin daughters.
..................Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father. Genesis 19:32-36

Yet elsewhere incest is condemned.
...................None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness. Leviticus 18:6

And, at least in some cases, is punishable by death.
.....................And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:11

.................And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:12

...................And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you. -- Leviticus 20:14

wolfdancer
02-21-2010, 01:23 PM
While at first glance this appears to be a good idea, hook noses and buck teeth could eventually disappear, from the gene pool....have they considered the economic impact?
It could lead to the end of NASCAR, Country music, pig farming and
even.. Walmart... plus those states would be forced to open High Schools.
What would happen to those "Big Tent" revival meetings?
Wasn't there an old saying that "the family that lays together, prays together"

Stretch
02-21-2010, 04:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While at first glance this appears to be a good idea, hook noses and buck teeth could eventually disappear, from the gene pool....have they considered the economic impact?
Wasn't there an old saying that "the family that lays together, prays together" </div></div>

.....stand by for Johnny's scathing reply now!

pooltchr
02-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Reading the quote in your last post (I keep him on ignore so I rarely read what he has to say) I see that, while our friend has made a weak attempt at humor, I believe it reveals a serious elitist attitude, and a strong bias against everyone from a particular geographic region of the country.

When the big quake hits, and the left coast falls into the Pacific, there will be a lot of people who wish they lived here.

Maybe we don't buy into all the sophistocated liberal agenda crap that some seem to find facinating, but we do have a way of accomplishing quite a bit, and do it while remaining loyal to some pretty basic core values.

Most of us now even have indoor plumbing!

Git 'er Done!!!!!!!!

Steve

Steve

Qtec
02-22-2010, 08:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to a Maryland state legislator, it is time to ban marriages between first cousins. </div></div>

Much too late methinks.

Q

eg8r
02-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Good for you. I just wish you were reading the Bible for a different purpose but either way, as long as you reading it I am sure some of it will seep into your mind and you will see the error of your ways.

eg8r

Deeman3
02-22-2010, 09:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to a Maryland state legislator, it is time to ban marriages between first cousins. </div></div>

Much too late methinks.

Q </div></div>

Q, speaking of married first cousins, I see where the Dutch won a couple of skating events at the Olympics. I am not sure what type event it was, I didn't see any jumping of partner twirling in the highlights but I did see they won. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif It appeared to be like NASCAR where they go in circles two at a time and whomever is fastest wins. Did you see that? The costumes were kind of odd, but better than the Russian Aboridginal thingys. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
02-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Ed writes if you read the Bible....you will see the error of your ways....is that because even though you are from a different country...you lean a little to the port side?
I really don't see God taking sides re: politics, therefore...it would be useless to debate "how would God vote?"

Deeman3
02-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Hey, If people from Manyland get a divorce, are they still cousins? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

cushioncrawler
02-22-2010, 03:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good for you. I just wish you were reading the Bible for a different purpose but either way, as long as you reading it I am sure some of it will seep into your mind and you will see the error of your ways. eg8r</div></div>It iz interesting that none of the 10 or 15 or 5 commandments mentions incest -- except praps that it aint good on saturdays.
madMac.

JohnnyD
02-22-2010, 08:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While at first glance this appears to be a good idea, hook noses and buck teeth could eventually disappear, from the gene pool....have they considered the economic impact?
Wasn't there an old saying that "the family that lays together, prays together" </div></div>

.....stand by for Johnny's scathing reply now! </div></div> Jesus loves you stretch and you know it.At least he did not curse.A scotch toast to you sir and may you run five consecutive balls in the game of straight pool.

Stretch
02-23-2010, 02:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While at first glance this appears to be a good idea, hook noses and buck teeth could eventually disappear, from the gene pool....have they considered the economic impact?

.....stand by for Johnny's scathing reply now! </div></div> Jesus loves you stretch and you know it.At least he did not curse.A scotch toast to you sir and may you run five consecutive balls in the game of straight pool. </div></div>

LMFAO! Have another drink Johnny, on me.St.

Wolf J Flywheel
02-23-2010, 09:31 AM
What is so funny? Surely a member of a billiards forum can run at least 5 balls in a row.

Stretch
02-23-2010, 12:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolf J Flywheel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is so funny? Surely a member of a billiards forum can run at least 5 balls in a row. </div></div>

Exactly! Thankyou for grasping the absurdity of that statement. The fact that you don't find that funny speeks to your own lack of skill perhaps? Kudos for answering for Johnny though. Nice of you to take him under your wing, the poor lad is very slow so he could use a man of your razor sharp perception. St.

wolfdancer
02-24-2010, 02:24 AM
I thought the answer would be obvious.....yes, they are still related, but are no longer "kissing cousins"

Wolf J Flywheel
02-24-2010, 04:35 PM
That whole Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia area is pretty strange if you ask me.

JohnnyD
02-24-2010, 07:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolf J Flywheel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That whole Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia area is pretty strange if you ask me. </div></div>
Very strange and scary.They frighten me.Be careful of them in the hollow.

JohnnyD
02-24-2010, 07:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought the answer would be obvious.....yes, they are still related, but are no longer "kissing cousins" </div></div>There is a saying there Beware the Ides of March !

Gayle in MD
02-26-2010, 11:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #FF0000">Maryland boldly steps into the brave new world of no kissing cousins. Who would have thought they had become so progressive. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

According to a Maryland state legislator, it is time to ban marriages between first cousins. Henry Heller, a Democratic delegate, wants people to stop playing what he calls "genetic roulette" with their offspring.

Heller says he would like to bring Maryland "into the enlightened world of other states such as West Virginia and Arkansas" that have already banned unions of first cousins.
</div></div>

Apparently, there are a number of states which allow this, surprisingly so, including, Alabama, AND North Carolina.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriagelicenses/a/cousin.htm

pooltchr
02-26-2010, 01:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #FF0000">Maryland boldly steps into the brave new world of no kissing cousins. Who would have thought they had become so progressive. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

</div></div>

Apparently, there are a number of states which allow this, surprisingly so, including, Alabama, AND North Carolina.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriagelicenses/a/cousin.htm </div></div>

Are you saying that Maryland is just as "backward" as Alabama and North Carolina???????

Steve

wolfdancer
02-26-2010, 01:21 PM
They "were", but pending legislation will allow them to:
boldly go, where no "backwards" state has ever gone before.

Gayle in MD
02-26-2010, 01:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #FF0000">Maryland boldly steps into the brave new world of no kissing cousins. Who would have thought they had become so progressive. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

</div></div>

Are you saying that Maryland is just as "backward" as Alabama and North Carolina???????

Steve </div></div>

Once again I am requesting politely that you refrain from posting to me, or about me.

I realize that the moderator on this forum allows you to break the rules consistantly, without any repercussions. In the past, you have stalked my posts relentlessly.

You revealed personal, private information about me, which had never been on the internet. Against the forum rules.

You insinuated that you had met someone who knew me, and had "Embarrassing" information about me, clearly an attempt to intimidate me, and hold something over my head. AGainst the forum rules.

You consistantly advertize you pool lessons, asking others to come to NC for lessons from you, also, against the rules of the forum.

It is clear, that your relationship with the moderator allows you to do whatever you please, regardless of the rules of the forum which you break non stop.

You know also what you wrote here, which offended me, and which you never apologized for.

After all of this, and the many requests I have made that you stay away from me on this forum, you stalk me, my every post, until I get fed up enough with your name under every one of my posts, to fight back, and then you notify the moderator, who apparently is a friend of yours, and he abliges you, and again bans me.

Both you and LWW do the same thing around here, and I, for one, am sick and tired of it.

For the last time, STAY AWAY FROM ME! I make it a habbit to avoid you completely, and I ask that you do the same.

END THE CYBERSTALKING!

Leave me alone. Do not post to me, or about me. I want absolutely NOTHING to do with you. I don't advise that you continue to ignore my request.

G.

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 01:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #FF0000">Maryland boldly steps into the brave new world of no kissing cousins. Who would have thought they had become so progressive. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

</div></div>

Steve </div></div>

Once again I am requesting politely that you refrain from posting to me, or about me.

I realize that the moderator on this forum allows you to break the rules consistantly, without any repercussions. In the past, you have stalked my posts relentlessly.

You revealed personal, private information about me, which had never been on the internet. Against the forum rules.

You insinuated that you had met someone who knew me, and had "Embarrassing" information about me, clearly an attempt to intimidate me, and hold something over my head. AGainst the forum rules.

You consistantly advertize you pool lessons, asking others to come to NC for lessons from you, also, against the rules of the forum.

It is clear, that your relationship with the moderator allows you to do whatever you please, regardless of the rules of the forum which you break non stop.

You know also what you wrote here, which offended me, and which you never apologized for.

After all of this, and the many requests I have made that you stay away from me on this forum, you stalk me, my every post, until I get fed up enough with your name under every one of my posts, to fight back, and then you notify the moderator, who apparently is a friend of yours, and he abliges you, and again bans me.

Both you and LWW do the same thing around here, and I, for one, am sick and tired of it.

For the last time, STAY AWAY FROM ME! I make it a habbit to avoid you completely, and I ask that you do the same.

END THE CYBERSTALKING!

Leave me alone. Do not post to me, or about me. I want absolutely NOTHING to do with you. I don't advise that you continue to ignore my request.

G. </div></div>Looks like someone needs some medication.

wolfdancer
02-26-2010, 02:06 PM
so, you choose to ignore all of her complaints re: Steve, and claim that she is the one in need of help?
What kind of person goes around doing what she says he has done, to another person?
If you are condoning that type of sick behavior, while claiming that you are spreading the teachings of Christ...perhaps it's you that needs some medication besides scotch?

pooltchr
02-26-2010, 02:48 PM
wolfie,
The content in that post is primarily a figment of her own imagination. Ifr she got banned from here, I wasn't aware of it. Since she takes long vacations from time to time, I would have just assumed that was why she wasn't posting. How many times has she been banned? I have no idea.

And the "polite" request posted on the forum is a far cry from the threatening "this is your last warning" PM I also got from her.

So if you want to defend her, go ahead. Just know that everything she posts is not factual, including much of what was just posted in her last rant.

If her recent absense from the forum was a result of being banned, I had nothing to do with it. She seems to think I have it in for her. Apparently, she has been looking in the wrong direction.

Steve

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 03:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so, you choose to ignore all of her complaints re: Steve, and claim that she is the one in need of help?
What kind of person goes around doing what she says he has done, to another person?
If you are condoning that type of sick behavior, while claiming that you are spreading the teachings of Christ...perhaps it's you that needs some medication besides scotch?
</div></div>The truth will set you free.Jesus loves you.

Gayle in MD
02-26-2010, 03:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wolfie,
The content in that post is primarily a figment of her own imagination. Ifr she got banned from here, I wasn't aware of it. Since she takes long vacations from time to time, I would have just assumed that was why she wasn't posting. How many times has she been banned? I have no idea.

And the "polite" request posted on the forum is a far cry from the threatening "this is your last warning" PM I also got from her.

So if you want to defend her, go ahead. Just know that everything she posts is not factual, including much of what was just posted in her last rant.

If her recent absense from the forum was a result of being banned, I had nothing to do with it. She seems to think I have it in for her. Apparently, she has been looking in the wrong direction.

Steve </div></div>

You exposed private information about me on this forum.

You insinuated that you had met someone who gave you information about me that would "embarrass" me. I told you then, put it out there. You didn't, calling yourself too much of a gentleman, but the intent was clearly intimidation, or so you thought.

You made a big deal over my quoting your own words, and I know for a fact, that you notified the moderator, and had me banned for it.

If there is a liar around here, it surely isn't me.

Regardless, just stay away from me. I have made no threats, Stop lying about me, and stop stalking me.

No need to reply, as I will not be reading anything you write in the future.

I asked you to to stay away from me, in a private message, in order to spare the rest of this forum more BS from either of us, about our mutual dislike of one another.

I should have known, someone like you could not respect a private message. Nevertheless, it is obvious that you take pleasure in stalking my posts. Everyone here can see that.

Just stay away.

G.

pooltchr
02-26-2010, 03:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ I have made no threats, </div></div>

That is a lie and you know it. You have made more than one direct threat to me right here on this forum.

As for your getting banned, it wasn't me, but you don't care about the truth if it doesn't fit with what you think you knnow, so there is no point in addressing it. But if you are concerned about getting banned again, you may want to look in another direction.

Steve

Gayle in MD
02-26-2010, 03:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ I have made no threats, </div></div>

That is a lie and you know it.

<span style="color: #000066">No, it isn't a lie. You continue to spread it around, though. </span>
You have made more than one direct threat to me right here on this forum.

<span style="color: #000066">LMAO! You're a piece of work, for sure. Look, I have no intention of going out of my way to inform others of my knowledge of how you think. You know what you wrote here, and you made it clear right then, yourself. </span>

As for your getting banned, it wasn't me, but you don't care about the truth if it doesn't fit with what you think you knnow, so there is no point in addressing it. But if you are concerned about getting banned again, you may want to look in another direction.

Steve </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Nice try, just stay away from my posts, and from me. You've stalked me on here for years, and everyone knows it, a lot of credibility you have around here to deny what everyone has seen.

Stay away. I don't like you, and you don't like me, there is no need to subject everyone else here to our mutual dislike. For once, act like an adult!</span>

pooltchr
02-26-2010, 04:42 PM
We both know the truth.

Steve

wolfdancer
02-26-2010, 06:43 PM
The truth is apparent to all....you are a cyber-bully stalking a 62 yr old grandmother, because she votes differently then you do, thinks differently then you do, and has more facts, and empirical data to back up those differences then you do.
But then....you can blame your lack of ??? on the water....

http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2010/02/24/16/siers02_25.embedded.prod_affiliate.138.jpg

pooltchr
02-26-2010, 07:21 PM
And you can't resist throwing in you half a penny (It ain't even close to being worth 2 cents) into every thread I post in. You are obsessed with responding to my every post, yet you claim you don't like reading them.
I don't understand. You posted in another thread that you would rather be praying for an occasional birdie on the golf course than being here. If you really hate it that much, why are you here? If you really hate my posts so much, why do you read and comment on every one, whether or not it is addressed to you.
You and granny accuse me of stalking, yet you just can't let any of my posts go withot sticking your nose into it.

You are a sick little puppy.

Steve

wolfdancer
02-26-2010, 08:37 PM
it's like that line from the Godfather "keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer"
Besides, I'm an avid student, and you have claimed that you are educating people here with your insider's stuff....
youth wants to know.....
But, truth is most of your posts that i respond to are of the WTF did he just write? kind...or to some banal insults that you have added to anything that Gayle or myself writes.

pooltchr
02-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Don't lie, wolfie. You only want to impress everyone with your quick wit and sense of humor, at least in your own mind. The truth is you are in the top two on this forum when it comes to being closed minded.

Don't need your BS. At least be man enough to be honest.

Steve

Gayle in MD
02-28-2010, 01:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's like that line from the Godfather "keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer"
Besides, I'm an avid student, and you have claimed that you are educating people here with your insider's stuff....
youth wants to know.....
But, truth is most of your posts that i respond to are of the WTF did he just write? kind...or to some banal insults that you have added to anything that Gayle or myself writes. </div></div>

Reading this forum is proof that all Republikooks are out of touch with their own actions, statements, behavior and lack of intellect.

One lie after another, just like their repiglican representatives.

Just put them on ignore, don't read anything they write. The ONLY reason why they post is to irritate every person who doesn't buy into the gross Repiglican Lies, propaganda and distortions.

I'll be sending you, and our informed friends from theis site, a new web address, very soon. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Hondo is right, we emotionally centered folks should all leave this RW cess pool to the Bubba nutcases from the fly over states...

G.

LWW
03-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Ms Marcino has spoken.

LWW

pooltchr
03-02-2010, 12:56 PM
I gotta love the response of some who suggest ignoring the posters who disagree with them.
Reminds me on two of those little monkeys, one with his hands over his eyes, and one with his hands over his ears. Too bad they forgot there was a third monkey!!!

Steve

LWW
03-02-2010, 01:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I gotta love the response of some who suggest ignoring the posters who disagree with them.
Reminds me on two of those little monkeys, one with his hands over his eyes, and one with his hands over his ears. Too bad they forgot there was a third monkey!!!

Steve </div></div>

I'm not convinced they are all separate entities. Hippiepool, wolfie, and Mikey have all been known to have nearly infinite ID's ... and oddly they are among the first to cast accusations of anyone who doesn't agree with them of being a serial screen name.

LWW