PDA

View Full Version : Know what a quant is?

Qtec
02-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Watch this video if you want to know whats wrong with banks and Wall St. Amazing, this will blow you mind.

Go here and click on video to the right of the page.

Mathemeticians explain the the last crash and why it will happen again.

be scared (http://www.vpro.nl/programma/tegenlicht/afleveringen/42792484/) ..after the intro, most of it is in English. Very watchable.

Q............the real terrorists are the bankers............that's MO.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>You REALLY REALLY want to watch this doc..........believe me.</span>

cushioncrawler
02-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Q -- I didnt watch -- koz most of it will be bull anyhow -- and i know the real problems with Krappynomix etc anyhow.
Yes, the bankers and other financial goons are crooks.
madMac.

wolfdancer
02-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Q, very interesting read !!! Thanks for the link.
I even found a related article....in English...
quants (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/10/science/10quant.html)

Qtec
02-24-2010, 01:05 AM
LOL

Watch the video.[ top right where is says, 'Bekijk online: Quants. de alchemisten van Wall Street
Tegenlicht 8 februari 2010]

Its 45 mins long and in English!
Q

Qtec
02-24-2010, 01:07 AM
You should watch it, its not bull. The main guy in the doc is an ex-Quant. He quit in 2000 and now farms oysters for a living.

Q

cushioncrawler
02-24-2010, 11:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should watch it, its not bull. The main guy in the doc is an ex-Quant. He quit in 2000 and now farms oysters for a living.Q</div></div>Q -- Yes, i am sure it would be very interesting -- and i would learn a lot -- especially about dirty tricks of financial crooks and goons.
But i doubt that i would see (learn) anything about the stupid western system -- especially the stupidest system, the usofa system.
And, stupidiy (krappynomix) iz worse than dirtyness -- and even the good guys (whistle'blowers) dont understand the stupidity of krappynomix.

Lets see -- there are lots of types of wrong (not important).
..... wrong.
..... false.
..... non'korrekt.
..... bad.
..... non'legal.
..... corrupt.
..... non'fair.
..... erroneous.
..... mistaken.
..... non'moral.
..... stupid.
..... dirty.
madMac.

Gayle in MD
03-02-2010, 08:04 PM
WOW! Thanks...

Chopstick
03-03-2010, 08:27 AM
I know what Quants are. Mr Sack could be one if he chose to. I didn't get to finish the Doc. I have been busy but from what I saw, I think the picture they are painting is a bit slanted. They are not telling the whole story. I'll watch the rest of it.

sack316
03-03-2010, 09:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know what Quants are. Mr Sack could be one if he chose to. </div></div>

Thanks for the vote of confidence! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

How's your entry into becoming a trader going?

Sack