PDA

View Full Version : Funny how they changed their tune

pooltchr
02-24-2010, 10:52 AM
I guess it's only true when they were in the minority!

http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-in-20...ounders-intent/ (http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-in-2005-51-vote-nuclear-option-is-arrogant-power-grab-against-the-founders-intent/)

Any lefties care to explain?????????????????

Steve

wolfdancer
02-24-2010, 01:27 PM
The silence that follows your posts is deafening!!!. What is wrong with these people....don't they want to be "educated", by reading your amazing insight, and spot-on analysis of current events?
Have you taken over the #1 spot on azb, from "Monty" yet?
AS for your post itself, and your cry for help to try and figger things out:
answers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo)

pooltchr
02-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Yes, the silence following this post is quite deafening. Even your own post fails to address the issue the video presents. But since there is no way you could possibly defend the actions of the Dems in the face of their previous statements, I would expect nothing more than an empty post from you.

I was, however, hoping that perhaps some of the left leaning posters would be willing to talk about the facts.

I should have known better! It's tough to try and defend something that is so obviously wrong, isn't it???

Steve

wolfdancer
02-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Perhaps no one is interested in replying to another of your usual smear jobs.
Here's the thing ....like it or not....we are all Americans, both Democrats and Republicans, and neither side can be judged and labeled as "good" or "evil"...except by know-it-all bigots, such as yourself.
We have differences, that's a given; but in times of crisis we have come together, and defended the great principles that this country was built upon. It's people like you,llotter,lww....that want to foster hatred, by focusing on, and exaggerating upon those differences, and to ignore the commonalities that we share.
You may feel smarter then others,who have advanced degrees,but lean a little to the port side, just because you vote the big, blue ticket....I'd like to see a bit more of your credentials then that before I decide to give your posts any weight.Right now I have them at the 7th grade level....but that's just my opinion...someone else may move them up a grade or two.
In the end, all you accomplish is to give strength to our enemies, as you attempt to divide this great nation, along political lines, and continue to claim that the other party is the enemy. That same philosophy , that he, like you, is so much smarter then the average bear, led GWB to ignore the "RSVP" warnings re: 9/11
There are Democrats and liberals fighting alongside of Republicans....fighting to save democracy for your bigoted ***
I know that doesn't fit into your version of the war, but then most things differ from what your perceptions are.
You have a news item, or "insiders" video that you want to extol....great...post it up with your own laudatory comments supporting it....but just because it's so meaningful to you....others might find it boring,childish, moronic, juvenile, or just plain rw crap, and sticking Rush/Ann/Glenn/Bill's name on them might make them even less worthy of a reply.
When they let you take over and establish your own set of rules here...then I might be inclined to tell you what I think of your
posts....in the meantime though....I have this important exfoliation coming up.

Wolf J Flywheel
02-24-2010, 04:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The silence that follows your posts is deafening!!!. What is wrong with these people....don't they want to be "educated", by reading your amazing insight, and spot-on analysis of current events?

</div></div>

It was until you chimed in with a sophomoric response.

Wolf J Flywheel
02-24-2010, 04:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps no one is interested in replying to another of your usual smear jobs.</div></div>

Obviously you were. It is beginning to become apparent that some members are interested in adult conversation of current events while you are interested in stopping that from happening. Are you old enough to be on a forum unattended?

wolfdancer
02-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Perhaps you don't understand my role here...I offer opposition to the posts of our leading political, and economic educators/commentators here, in order to draw out their best thoughts and reasoning behind their edicts, so that others, who might question the original proclamations can open their minds and their hearts, and accept these as guiding truisms.
I should be quietly thanked for turning these blase statements of theirs into something that resembles a Buckley/Vidal debate

pooltchr
02-24-2010, 05:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps no one is interested in replying to another of your usual smear jobs.
</div></div>

Please enlighten us as to how posting a video of actual people making actual statements to the public can be considered a "smear job". Seems to me that would be about the fairest thing to do. No editing involved....these were their words. Now that they have a majority, they are doing the exact same thing they were crying about a few years ago.

That isn't a smear job at all...it's simply illustrating their hypocracy. But I guess you wouldn't recognize that.
No surprise here.

Steve

wolfdancer
02-24-2010, 05:51 PM
And I merely told you that what you consider important, and your demand that others have to reply to it...jes might not be.
I think you have turned off so many here with your futile attempts to speak down to others, and insinuate that you know more then everybody here.....
You see,.... conversation between two adults is not just one idiot trying to educate another.
I think it amusing when you get carried away with your own teaching credentials, and try to put Hondo down for his.....

JohnnyD
02-24-2010, 06:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps you don't understand my role here...I offer opposition to the posts of our leading political, and economic educators/commentators here, in order to draw out their best thoughts and reasoning behind their edicts, so that others, who might question the original proclamations can open their minds and their hearts, and accept these as guiding truisms.
I should be quietly thanked for turning these blase statements of theirs into something that resembles a Buckley/Vidal debate
</div></div>If only you had something of substance to add.Jesus loves you.

pooltchr
02-24-2010, 06:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it amusing when you get carried away with your own teaching credentials, and try to put Hondo down for his.....
</div></div>

You can't even keep different posters straight in you own mind. I have never said anything about Hondo's teaching. I have the utmost admiration for anyone who can stand up in front of a classroom.

Now, since yor determined that the video I posted wasn't worthy of an intelligent comment, why did you even bother to post in this thread at all????????

maybe even more interesting...since you believe nobody should respond to anything I post, why are you always the first to respond??????????????????????????????????????

Get a life!!!

Steve

JohnnyD
02-24-2010, 06:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The silence that follows your posts is deafening!!!. What is wrong with these people....don't they want to be "educated", by reading your amazing insight, and spot-on analysis of current events?

</div></div>There is no call to write this hatred for all to see what you are really about.Your parents need to take your computer away,NOW.

wolfdancer
02-24-2010, 07:55 PM
geez, I was jes trying to be helpful...and begin a discussion on the merits of your post, as I was afraid no one else would bother reading it, unless they saw that someone else had replied....
I thought you might even appreciate the gesture....but some folks are hard to please.

wolfdancer
02-24-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm actually old enough that i might need to be attended.

wolfdancer
02-24-2010, 07:57 PM
are you still here?....why?

JohnnyD
02-24-2010, 08:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are you still here?....why?
</div></div> Learning about the game of billiards.

JohnnyD
02-24-2010, 08:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolf J Flywheel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps no one is interested in replying to another of your usual smear jobs.</div></div>

Obviously you were. It is beginning to become apparent that some members are interested in adult conversation of current events while you are interested in stopping that from happening. Are you old enough to be on a forum unattended? </div></div>An excellent question and i personally demand a truthful answer.No cursing or racist remarks just let the truth be told.

Qtec
02-24-2010, 09:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any lefties care to explain?????????????????

link (http://www.breitbart.tv/reid-to-gop-stop-crying-about-reconciliation/)

Steve </div></div>

I could but you would just ignore it.

Why don't you check out what happened in 2005 and the gang of 14.

the truth (http://www.breitbart.tv/dem-every-republican-a-wholly-owned-subsidiary-of-the-insurance-industry/)

Q

Flashback

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Background

The Democrats had been using the filibuster to prevent the confirmation of conservative appellate court candidates nominated by President George W. Bush. In the Republican-controlled 108th Congress, ten Bush judicial nominees had been filibustered by the minority Democrats. The ten Bush appellate nominees who were filibustered were Miguel Estrada, Priscilla Owen, Charles W. Pickering, Carolyn Kuhl, David W. McKeague, Henry Saad, Richard Allen Griffin, William H. Pryor, William Gerry Myers III and Janice Rogers Brown.

As a result of these ten filibusters, Senate Republicans began to threaten to change the existing Senate rules by using what Senator Trent Lott termed the "nuclear option" and which Republicans tended to call the "constitutional option." This change in rules would eliminate the use of the filibuster to prevent judicial confirmation votes.

The theory behind the "nuclear option" was that the Senate had the right to determine its own rules and that those rules could be determined on the basis of a majority vote. Democrats objected, arguing that the Senate's rules could not be changed without a 2/3 vote as stated in the Senate Rules themselves. Republicans countered that the Senate's power to govern itself was founded in the Constitution itself and that internal Senate Rules could not deny that power. [2]

Republicans had only a two vote majority in the 108th Congress, so they were in a weak position to implement this procedural maneuver. Things changed in 2005 due to the 2004 elections. With President Bush winning re-election by a clear margin and the Republicans picking up further Senate seats (55-45) in the 109th Congress, the "nuclear option" became a more viable strategy to ensure confirmation.

Because of the political split in the Senate at the time (55 Republicans, 44 Democrats and 1 Independent), if six Senators from each party could reach an agreement, it was realized that these twelve could both forestall the "nuclear option" and force cloture on nominees. With a cloture vote scheduled on the nomination of Priscilla Owen – the opening move in firing the nuclear option – for Tuesday, May 24, 2005, and with Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist and Minority Leader Harry Reid having evidently given up all pretense of finding a compromise (each have been accused of having desired the showdown for their own political ends), some members in both parties were focused on finding some alternative way out. In the end, seven Senators from each party got behind a compromise which stated, in essence, that Democratic filibusters would come to an end in "all but extraordinary circumstances," and the GOP would not use the nuclear option.

The Gang of 14 signed an agreement, pertaining only to the 109th Congress, whereby the seven Senate Democrats would no longer vote along with their party on filibustering judicial nominees (except in "extraordinary circumstances," as defined by each individual senator), and in turn the seven Senate Republicans would break with Bill Frist and the Republican leadership on voting for the "nuclear option." As the Republicans held a five vote Senate majority (55-45) in the 109th Congress, the agreement of these Senators in practical terms prevented the Republicans from winning a simple majority to uphold a change in the interpretation of Senate rules, and prevented the Democrats from mustering the 41 votes necessary to sustain a filibuster. While thwarting the goals of their respective party leaderships [1] the group members were hailed as moderates who put aside severe partisanship to do what was best for the Senate. At the same time, some of the Republican members of the Gang of 14 faced political firestorms from the conservative base due to their participation in this agreement. </div></div>

Qtec
02-24-2010, 10:08 PM
In context.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like lots of news outlets, the AP is using the retirement announcement from Sen. Evan Bayh to do lots of hand-wringing about he absence of Congressional moderates and to bemoan the lack of bipartisanship cooperation inside the Beltway.

But oh my gosh, look at the all the things the AP article forgets to mention in it's sad tale about lack of across-the-isle cooperation, as the article leaves the unmistakable impression that both sides are equally to blame for the stalemate. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>The AP forgets to mention that in last year's key White House legislative initiatives, the Republican Party has essentially voted en mass against the Obama administration.

Unlike when the new Republican president, Reagan, Bush and Bush arrived in the White House and were able to find scores of Democrats willing to hlep them pass bills, Obama has been met with a virtual stonewall; <u>an obstructionist stonewall that has no precedent in modern American politics. </u>
</span>
But oops, the AP forgets to mention any of that context and history in its sad tale about Dems and GOP not working together.

<u>And oh yeah, the AP forgets to mention the run-away (and historic) number of cloture votes that Republicans have forced upon the Congress last year; <u>more cloture votes to break filibusters than Congress faced during the entire 1950's and 1960's combined. </u>
</u>
The Beltway press corps loves to whine the lack of bipartisan cooperation. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>It also loves to play dumb about why that is. </span></div></div>

Q

Qtec
02-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Front page article in todays Huff Post.

Read it. link (http://www.rollcall.com/news/43524-1.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is now widely assumed that Democrats have lost their capacity to govern — even though they hold an 18-seat advantage over Republicans in the Senate and a 78-seat majority in the House and a Democrat occupies 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Although for many in Washington, D.C., this now seems like nothing more than business as usual, <u>it represents a fundamental shift in the character of the Senate. </u>In the last year, the Senate cast more votes to invoke cloture or break filibusters than <u>at any other time in history.</u></span>

The problem is this: <span style='font-size: 20pt'>The indiscriminate use of the filibuster is unsustainable. If it is only possible to govern when one party has 60 seats, then the Senate will not be able to govern very often; until last year, neither party had reached that level <u>since 1978.</u> </span> </div></div>

Q

pooltchr
02-24-2010, 10:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">geez, I was jes trying to be helpful...and begin a discussion on the merits of your post, as I was afraid no one else would bother reading it, unless they saw that someone else had replied....
I thought you might even appreciate the gesture....but some folks are hard to please. </div></div>

I would almost buy into that, had you said anything revelvent to the topic....but you didn't!

Steve

pooltchr
02-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Q.

When the Republicans held the majority, the dems, as evidenced in the video, were all crying that the rules of the senate were there for a reason, and should be followed. (I happen to agree with them. Our founding fathers made these rules for a very good reason, to prevent a majority party from steamrolling their agendas through legislation)
Those are the same rules they are trying to bypass now that they have a majority.
As for the Reps blocking healthcare, it is a bill that a large majority of Americans are opposed to. The radical left in this country are trying to ram through their agenda against the wishes of the MAJORITY of American's wishes. I, for one, and glad that someone is doing what they can to stop the steamroller.

Steve

sack316
02-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Heard a lot of this on a radio program today. They just played audio clips for what had to be a good 20 minutes straight. I'm not sure I've laughed that hard in quite some time.

The hypocrisy is absolutely astounding! (and I'll even admit, it goes for both sides).

But how hilarious to hear Reid, Biden when he was in Senate, Pelosi, and the whole lot whining about the very things they are doing now. And I'm sure eventually, we'll see another power swing, and the shoe will be on the other foot once again. Sun rise, sun set.

Sack

pooltchr
02-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Exactly. There is a reason the rules exist, and the same rules apply to both sides.
What really gets to me, is they are trying to do this with a bill that is so obviously against the wishes of the American people. The latest poll I saw this morning shows 56% against the bill, and only 41% in favor. That's an even greater majority than Obama had in the election!!!!! Why would they put their careers on the line for something that nobody wants??

The whole Rep vs Dem thing has gotten completely out of control in Washington. They are all concerned with keeping their own party in power, and winning their own elections, that they no longer seem to care about the public they are supposed to represent. We went through this same thing when Bush was in office and they tried to force the amnesty bill through. Fortunately, there was enough backlash to bring it to a stop. I think we need the same kind of grass roots showing of disapproval that we had back then.

Steve

JohnnyD
02-25-2010, 02:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps no one is interested in replying to another of your usual smear jobs.
Here's the thing ....like it or not....we are all Americans, both Democrats and Republicans, and neither side can be judged and labeled as "good" or "evil"...except by know-it-all bigots, such as yourself.
We have differences, that's a given; but in times of crisis we have come together, and defended the great principles that this country was built upon. It's people like you,llotter,lww....that want to foster hatred, by focusing on, and exaggerating upon those differences, and to ignore the commonalities that we share.
You may feel smarter then others,who have advanced degrees,but lean a little to the port side, just because you vote the big, blue ticket....I'd like to see a bit more of your credentials then that before I decide to give your posts any weight.Right now I have them at the 7th grade level....but that's just my opinion...someone else may move them up a grade or two.
In the end, all you accomplish is to give strength to our enemies, as you attempt to divide this great nation, along political lines, and continue to claim that the other party is the enemy. That same philosophy , that he, like you, is so much smarter then the average bear, led GWB to ignore the "RSVP" warnings re: 9/11
There are Democrats and liberals fighting alongside of Republicans....fighting to save democracy for your bigoted ***
I know that doesn't fit into your version of the war, but then most things differ from what your perceptions are.
You have a news item, or "insiders" video that you want to extol....great...post it up with your own laudatory comments supporting it....but just because it's so meaningful to you....others might find it boring,childish, moronic, juvenile, or just plain rw crap, and sticking Rush/Ann/Glenn/Bill's name on them might make them even less worthy of a reply.
When they let you take over and establish your own set of rules here...then I might be inclined to tell you what I think of your
posts....in the meantime though....I have this important exfoliation coming up. </div></div>Can't you act adult like for just one day.

pooltchr
02-25-2010, 02:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[]Can't you act adult like for just one day. </div></div>

He has claimed to be an adult in the past, but the more he posts, the more I start to wonder if he isn't just a frustrated 16 year old.
He has shown no interest in discussing actual issues, but continues to respond with his deragatory, insulting attacks. Not that he rarely speaks to an actual issue. I wonder if he even knows what the issues are.

Be nice. He may grow up to be a responsible adult one day.

Steve

wolfdancer
02-25-2010, 02:41 PM
While you may think it "adult" to insult a third party, while replying to someone....something you do constantly....to me it just is more proof that your sanctimonious claim....that you just "discuss issues", is total bs.

JohnnyD
02-25-2010, 02:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
While you may think it "adult" to insult a third party, while replying to someone....something you do constantly....to me it just is more proof that your sanctimonious claim....that you just "discuss issues", is total bs.

</div></div>Stiring the poop pot again.Your parents should take their computer away from you for a day.Please excuse me for using a foul word.

wolfdancer
02-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Say now, you remind me of that old joke....where a guy tells a girl, I'd like to get into your pants" and she replies "why, I've already got one a**hole in there, and I don't need another"
We already had our quota over here of a'holes...(that included me) before you came over here at "Sir's" behest.....and now one of us has to go......I flipped a coin and called it correctly, you lost, so...
take a hike, loser......get off my board.

pooltchr
02-25-2010, 05:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Wolfie, when it comes to posting insults, and failing to ever discuss actual issues, I give you the orange crush.

Steve

JohnnyD
02-25-2010, 05:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Say now, you remind me of that old joke....where a guy tells a girl, I'd like to get into your pants" and she replies "why, I've already got one a**hole in there, and I don't need another"
We already had our quota over here of a'holes...(that included me) before you came over here at "Sir's" behest.....and now one of us has to go......I flipped a coin and called it correctly, you lost, so...
take a hike, loser......get off my board. </div></div> All people have to do is read posts they can determine themselves.The truth will set you free.

wolfdancer
02-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Discussing actual issues...What do you think this is...a think tank? and that you are some kind of really knowledgeable person, that will bring us all up to speed?
You use politics as a means to insult others and to try to self promote yourself as a pundit....that isn't a discussion....it's a sermon, at best. I can have that same kins of "discussion" in any neighborhood bar, with the local "experts".
I'll get my info from TV, and the paper, not here, and definitely not from you

JohnnyD
02-25-2010, 11:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Discussing actual issues...What do you think this is...a think tank? and that you are some kind of really knowledgeable person, that will bring us all up to speed?
You use politics as a means to insult others and to try to self promote yourself as a pundit....that isn't a discussion....it's a sermon, at best. I can have that same kins of "discussion" in any neighborhood bar, with the local "experts".

</div></div>You don't have to be so ignorant all the time.

wolfdancer
02-26-2010, 01:43 AM
Johnny,I'm guessing that lww brought you over here to act like a jerk, and try to antagonize either Gayle, Hondo, or myself, into writing something in reply to your insults, strong enough to have us banned.
I do have a short leash on my temper, but it will take somebody smarter then you, whose posts I consider to be at the pre-teen level, to accomplish that.
I know the gang bang tactics worked against Hondo, too much of a gentleman, and a scholar for your crew to tolerate....and Gayle is just way too informed, so she has to go....
But I wonder what you will have accomplished when and if your crew can get her, Q, Hondo,Sonoma, et al, off this board?
"Real Americans", but you want to take away the right of others to dissent.

LWW
02-26-2010, 08:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Discussing actual issues...What do you think this is...a think tank? and that you are some kind of really knowledgeable person, that will bring us all up to speed?

</div></div>You don't have to be so ignorant all the time. </div></div>

You are correct JohnnyD ... but he chooses to be that way.

LWW

pooltchr
02-26-2010, 08:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Discussing actual issues...What do you think this is...?
</div></div>

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me! Actually, I thought it was a forum where pool players could get together to discuss things other than pool, hence the "non pool related" designation. I guess I didn't understand that it was a place for intollerant little people to play the big bad wolf, and just do an awful lot of huffing and puffing and blowing a lot of hot air, but not contributing anything of substance to the actual content.

Forgive me!

Steve

wolfdancer
02-26-2010, 10:29 AM
What you don't get,...is you have no clue about what a discussion is. You think calling anyone who doesn't think like you, and who doesn't totally agree with whatever it is you have written, stupid, and a target for your cheap insults.... a
"discussion"????????????????
No, your idea of a discussion is you teaching us your viewpoints, and everybody nodding in agreement, and marveling how one man,could be so, as Monty Python would say "brilliant"
What you should do is buy yourself a couple of dozen bobble head dolls, line them up on your shelf, and run your amazing spiel by them....
As for me, for the price of one beer at the local bar...I can listen in on a couple of "tchrs", solving all the world's problems.
Every one of your posts carries with it a negative connotation, along with your name calling.
I want no part of your "discussions" ....this is still a free speech site....you can go around claiming about how much smarter you are then Gayle, Dick, Hondo, myself....
I can still be free to think you are an *******.

pooltchr
02-26-2010, 11:08 AM
I can still be free to think you are an *******. </div></div>

Once again, you give another example to make my point.

This is your idea of not being insulting, and contributing to a discussion???

Steve

Qtec
02-26-2010, 12:28 PM
BTW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's going on here is a deliberate attempt on the part of Republicans to define nuclear down -- to conflate these two totally separate things to demonize the way that Democrats have to pass health reform right now. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>By calling it the nuclear option even though the nuclear option is a real thing in the Senate, and this isn't that -- it has nothing to do with that. <u>Perhaps the reason that Republicans are so unwilling to call this what it is, reconciliation is because they have a really long record of using reconciliation.</u> </span></div></div>

Q

pooltchr
02-26-2010, 01:17 PM
We have already determined what reconciliation is...now how does healthcare fall under the heading of a budget issue?

Steve

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 01:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What you don't get,...is you have no clue about what a discussion is. You think calling anyone who doesn't think like you, and who doesn't totally agree with whatever it is you have written, stupid, and a target for your cheap insults.... a
No, your idea of a discussion is you teaching us your viewpoints, and everybody nodding in agreement, and marveling how one man,could be so, as Monty Python would say "brilliant"
What you should do is buy yourself a couple of dozen bobble head dolls, line them up on your shelf, and run your amazing spiel by them....
As for me, for the price of one beer at the local bar...I can listen in on a couple of "tchrs", solving all the world's problems.
Every one of your posts carries with it a negative connotation, along with your name calling.
I want no part of your "discussions" ....this is still a free speech site....you can go around claiming about how much smarter you are then Gayle, Dick, Hondo, myself....
I can still be free to think you are an *******. </div></div>Everyone can see that you are mentally challenged.Your cursing does not make you a man like you think.

wolfdancer
02-26-2010, 01:43 PM
what part of "you don't discuss" don't you understand. I've had all I can take of your "discussions"....which are you preaching your bigoted bs, and mocking others.

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 01:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what part of "you don't discuss" don't you understand. I've had all I can take of your "discussions"....which are you preaching your bigoted bs, and mocking others.
</div></div>You should not be racist.You need help to stabilize your mental health.Just read your posts.The truth will set you free.

wolfdancer
02-26-2010, 01:58 PM
No, this is my idea of returning your insults, and telling you that
I don't know why anyone would want to have a "discussion" with you, as "there ain't nothin, there, thar"
You are just looking for an excuse to put down others.
Anyway...I'm done with you and your idiotic posts

pooltchr
02-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Anyway...I'm done with you and your idiotic posts </div></div>

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only it were true!

Steve

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 02:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What you don't get,...is you have no clue about what a discussion is. You think calling anyone who doesn't think like you, and who doesn't totally agree with whatever it is you have written, stupid, and a target for your cheap insults.... a
I can still be free to think you are an *******. </div></div>Can't you discuss wihout cursing.You are such a bigot.

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 02:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, this is my idea of returning your insults, and telling you that
I don't know why anyone would want to have a "discussion" with you, as "there ain't nothin, there, thar"
You are just looking for an excuse to put down others.
Anyway...I'm done with you and your idiotic posts </div></div>Because he is very interesting to engage in discussion.If you would listen to what he says you would learn something.Why be so insulting to everyone.No wonder why you are not a leader.Listen to people.The truth will set you free.Read the good book.Jesus loves you.

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 02:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Anyway...I'm done with you and your idiotic posts </div></div>

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only it were true!

Steve </div></div>A big AMEN.

wolfdancer
02-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Praise the Lord.....And pass the ammunition
you gotta be quick as a flash (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dryBNYaj1sA&feature=fvw)

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 10:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Praise the Lord.....And pass the ammunition
you gotta be quick as a flash (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dryBNYaj1sA&feature=fvw) </div></div>Excellent post i say absolutely excellent.Very good video.Thank you for sharing.I have toasted several ounces of JW scotch in your honor.This is a start to ease the tensions here on this wonderful site.Bravo i say bravo ! Jesus loves you.

Qtec
02-28-2010, 04:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama & Dems in ‘05: 51 Vote ‘Nuclear Option’ Is ‘Arrogant’ Power Grab Against the Founders’ Intent </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Nuclear Option" stupidity comes full circle

February 24, 2010 1:18 pm ET - by Ben Dimiero

Want to see a neat trick?

As we've documented extensively over the past year, conservatives have waged an ongoing campaign to re-brand the process of reconciliation as the "nuclear option." Feel free to read any of the hundred or so examples from our archives to get the full story, but to put it briefly: this is outrageously dishonest. <u>The "nuclear option" was a term coined by Sen. Trent Lott (R-MS) in reference to his proposed change to Senate rules that would have banned use of the filibuster for judicial nominations.

Reconciliation, on the other hand, requires no change to Senate rules since it has been used repeatedly over the years to pass major legislation - notably to pass major pieces of health care reform legislation. </u>Republicans themselves weren't quite so uncomfortable with the supposedly "dirty" process when they used it to pass President Bush's tax cuts. Multiple times.

To a cynic, the reason for this re-branding might have appeared to be that conservatives were concerned that Democrats would use reconciliation to pass portions of health care reform. And lo and behold, with reports surfacing in the past few days that Democrats are again considering using reconciliation for health care reform (which, as NPR noted today, is consistent with the long history of the use of reconciliation in health care bills,) conservatives are redoubling their efforts.

Here's how the trick works:

Today, conservative media are furiously promoting a video posted at Breitbart TV, titled:"Obama & Dems in 2005: 51 Vote 'Nuclear Option' Is 'Arrogant' Power Grab Against the Founder's Intent." You can probably guess where this is going.

Among others, the video has been picked up by Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, CPAC "Blogger of the Year" Ed Morrissey, Matt Drudge, and, of course, Fox Nation:

http://s3.mediamatters.org/static/images/item/20100224-fnhypocrisy.jpg

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>In a jaw-dropping display of audacity, the video runs several examples of Democrats railing against the "nuclear option" in 2005. The video attempts to juxtapose this with their current support for reconciliation to show their supposed hypocrisy.

This is absurd.</span>

The Democrats in the video are railing against the "nuclear option" as defined by Lott, not the new definition conservatives have decided to bestow upon the phrase. On his radio show, Beck called the video "laughable" and "unbelievable." I agree with those characterizations, but for slightly different reasons.

To prove a point, I propose we change the definition of "deficits" to mean "freedom," then put together a reel of conservatives attacking "freedom."

It would be about as honest. </div></div>

Q

Qtec
02-28-2010, 04:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have already determined what reconciliation is...now how does healthcare fall under the heading of a budget issue?

Steve </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congress previously used reconciliation to pass major changes to health care law

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Reconciliation has repeatedly been used to reform health care.</span> On February 24, NPR noted that many "major changes to health care laws" passed via reconciliation. Additionally, during a February 24 broadcast of NPR's Morning Edition, correspondent Julie Rovner quoted George Washington University health policy professor Sara Rosenbaum saying: "In fact, the way in which virtually all of health reform, with very, very limited exceptions, has happened over the past 30 years has been the reconciliation process."

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Congress used reconciliation to pass Medicare Advantage.</span> As part of the Balanced Budget Act of 1997, enacted through the reconciliation process, Congress -- which was controlled by the Republicans at the time -- created the "Medicare+Choice Program," currently known as Medicare Advantage or Medicare Part C. The program allows seniors to enroll in HMO-type plans rather than the traditional Medicare fee-for-service plan.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Congress used reconciliation to pass COBRA. </span>As stated on the Department of Labor website, as part of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985, Congress gave "workers and their families who lose their health benefits the right to choose to continue group health benefits provided by their group health plan for limited periods of time under certain circumstances."

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Congress used reconciliation to pass Patient Self-Determination Act.</span> As part of the Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 1990, Congress passed the Patient Self-Determination Act, which requires hospitals, nursing homes, HMOs, and other organizations that participate in Medicare or Medicaid to provide information about advance directives and patients' decision-making rights.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Republicans repeatedly attempted to use reconciliation to pass increase in Medicare eligibility age.</span> The version of the Balanced Budget Act of 1995 introduced by then-Senate Budget Committee Chairman Pete Domenici (R-NM) using the reconciliation procedure contained a section providing for raising the Medicare eligibility age. As the Congressional Research Service (CRS) reported, the provision was stricken from the bill during floor consideration on the basis of a point of order that the provision was "extraneous" to matters appropriate to reconciliation.

The Balanced Budget Act of 1997 -- also introduced through the reconciliation procedure -- also included a provision to raise the eligibility age. Fifty Republicans voted in favor of waiving a point of order against the provision that it was extraneous, allowing the provision to remain in the bill. The final version of the bill signed by Clinton did not contain this provision.
GOP used reconciliation to pass Bush tax cuts, welfare reform

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>GOP used reconciliation to pass Bush's tax cuts. Republicans used the reconciliation process to pass Bush's 2001 tax cut, the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001; Bush's 2003 tax cuts, the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003; and Bush's 2005 tax cuts, the Tax Increase Prevention and Reconciliation Act of 2005. </span>The Congressional Budget Office estimated that the 2001 tax cuts would "reduce projected total surpluses by approximately $1.35 trillion over the 2001-2011 period"; that the 2003 tax cuts would "reduce projected total surpluses by approximately $1.35 trillion over the 2001-2011 period"; and that the 2005 tax cuts would "reduce federal revenues ... by $69.1 billion over the 2006-2015 period."

Republicans repeatedly voted to use reconciliation to pass components of welfare reform. Congress employed the reconciliation process to pass welfare reform in 1996 as part of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996. Senate Republicans previously included welfare reform provisions in the Balanced Budget Act of 1995, which Clinton vetoed. As CRS reports, 46 provisions of the bill were deemed extraneous by the Senate's presiding officer. Fifty-three Republicans voted in favor of a motion to waive the point of order, but the motion -- which requires 60 votes -- failed on a 53-46 vote. </div></div>

Q

Gayle in MD
02-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks Q,
You are truly an expert at documenting Repiglican hypocracy!

I'll add these posts to my mass e-mail list.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Qtec
02-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks G.
People like Steve could find these things out for themselves, but no, they would rather believe the lies that fit in with their preconcieved bias than look for the truth.

Q

LWW
03-01-2010, 05:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The silence that follows your posts is deafening!!!</div></div>

And you have 14 replies in this thread.

That was just precious.

LWW

hondo
05-13-2010, 10:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What you don't get,...is you have no clue about what a discussion is. You think calling anyone who doesn't think like you, and who doesn't totally agree with whatever it is you have written, stupid, and a target for your cheap insults.... a
I can still be free to think you are an *******. </div></div>Can't you discuss wihout cursing.You are such a bigot. </div></div>

Bless you JohnnyD.

LWW

LWW
05-14-2010, 03:16 AM
And he said that after a string of cursing and bigoted statements. And?

LWW

hondo
05-14-2010, 04:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And he said that after a string of cursing and bigoted statements. And?

LWW </div></div>

That whizz you hear is the point flying over your head.

And you're doing an excellent job of making my point.

Thanks, dud. I knew that you would.