PDA

View Full Version : Hobbies

hondo
02-24-2010, 07:42 PM
We haven't done this in a while.

Other than pool, guys, what are your other interests and hobbies?

Please, this question is for non-skinheads only.

I really don't want to hear about burning down Black churches
and synogogues and terrorizing minorities.

I have been a collector for many years:
stamps
comic books
coins
steins
cues
women !!!

but I have preety much stopped.

I read a lot, watch movies, cook, have certain shows I like.
I still party more than a man my age should.
I go to church regularly, but, no, I don't teach Sunday School.
I feel I'm just a little too ornery to represent my church by
teaching the Gospel, but I do love my Sunday School class.

I spent a little too much time arguing with the neo-cons on AZ
but, alas, no more.
To tell the truth, it wasn't much fun anymore.

So, what's going on in your lives these days?

JohnnyD
02-24-2010, 07:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We haven't done this in a while.

stamps
comic books
coins
steins
cues
women !!!

but, alas, no more.

So, what's going on in your lives these days? </div></div>Wonderful post just wonderful.It is not hard to be a good person.
I collect fine bottles of scotch from my trips.
Always inspiring to hear the truth.I toast a fine glass of scotch in your honor.

JohnnyD
02-24-2010, 08:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We haven't done this in a while.

stamps
comic books
coins
steins
cues
women !!!

but, alas, no more.

So, what's going on in your lives these days? </div></div>I remembered while conversing with you months ago that you love a fine sip of scotch once in awhile.This is a wonderful step in setting yourself free and to find the truth.
Cheers to you for taking that step.

Qtec
02-24-2010, 10:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am a black person united against these politicians without GOD. </div></div>

Naw, you are a trol and F.O.S.
Q

pooltchr
02-24-2010, 10:25 PM
When I'm not working, teaching pool, or just out shooting or playing league, I'm pretty much a home body usually watching some sports on tv, or playing with our dogs. I also spend a lot of time working with a couple of animal rescue groups. I do animal transports for the Animal Adoption League and a couple of other rescue organizations to get animals out of the shelters that frequently put animals in the gas chamber! My wife is on the board of the North Carolina Rotweiller Rescue group, http://www.ncrottierescue.net/ so I help with their funndraisers, and do whatever I can to help save homeless dogs from being put to death.
Once in a while, I sleep! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Steve

sack316
02-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Nice idea Hondo, good to see something useful posted on here, thanks!

My main hobbies of recent years have been pool and poker. Though I've toned down a lot on both the last year or so. Slowly picking the pool game back up, need a quick tune of from Steve sometime considering I got talked into a tournament next month... and my game is currently WAY off!

Hand in hand with the poker and gambling aspects is a fascination with math. I love studying finance and economics. Currently spend most of my time as a student (does that count as a hobby?) finishing the degree I should have done a decade ago. So while I love learning some new things in it, I also love tweaking theories and formulas found in textbooks and correcting or improving them (professor told me the other day that I'd be better at teaching linear programming than he is lol).

I watch a lot of TV... probably way too much. But oddly, don't see many movies.

I have a fantastic baseball card collection, but stopped really collecting many years ago. But every once in a while I love going back through them. Most of them are getting to the 20-25 year old mark now, so hoping eventually it will begin to become more valuable.

Also into electronics, mainly computers. I like tearing stuff up and putting it back together just to see if I can (I've even installed viruses just to see if I can figure 'em out and 'beat them').

I go off and on with working out. I love it, but sometimes hit lazy stretches. When I am into it, I also love to create training programs for other people.

Toss in some video games and surfing the net, and we pretty well sum up my life /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Good topic Hondo, hope we get to see plenty of replies!

Sack

cushioncrawler
02-24-2010, 11:49 PM
I like watching TV -- but havnt got cable -- and listening to radio.
I like googling etc atheist and skeptik stuff etc -- and ebay.
I collect billiards books.
I write (will write) about 10 books on english billiards stuff.
I am back into playing and praktising a bit of golf -- a good break from billiards.

I work on our bush block.
Last month a new gravel driveway down to the road -- and a new front gate and entrance -- and a new side fence (300m) with neighbour.
Next month a new wood stove for the billiards room.

Eating (not at restaurants) -- and drinking (red wine mostly).
madMac.

ugotda7
02-25-2010, 01:06 AM

stamps
comic books
coins
steins
cues
women !!!

but, alas, no more.

So, what's going on in your lives these days? </div></div>

See......you can't even make an innocent post without trying to instigate. One can only wonder why AZ doesn't want you.

sack316
02-25-2010, 02:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

See......you can't even make an innocent post without trying to instigate. One can only wonder why AZ doesn't want you.
</div></div>

Unless one were a skinhead, burns down black churches or synagogues, or terrorizes minorities... there's nothing in that comment to take offense to or be instigated by. Truth be told, I wouldn't wanna hear what any of them had to say in this thread either.

Sack

hondo
02-25-2010, 06:27 AM
Thanks, Steve. I recently saved a dog from being put
down by animal control. ( Yesterday, actually)

If I get some time I'll tell what happened this afternoon.

hondo
02-25-2010, 06:29 AM
Thanks, Sack. Any '57 Mantles?

I had one as a kid and my grandmother gave away my baseball
card collection when I went off to college. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

hondo
02-25-2010, 06:31 AM
Thanks, CC.

hondo
02-25-2010, 06:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Unless one were a skinhead, burns down black churches or synagogues, or terrorizes minorities... there's nothing in that comment to take offense to or be instigated by. Truth be told, I wouldn't wanna hear what any of them had to say in this thread either.

Sack </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
02-25-2010, 07:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, Steve. I recently saved a dog from being put
down by animal control. ( Yesterday, actually)

If I get some time I'll tell what happened this afternoon. </div></div>

Good for you! My wife is driving about 3 counties away this morning to pull a dog from a shelter. I'm pulling one leg (about 100 miles) of a transport on Saturday to take 3 dogs to new homes. Every animal in our house is a rescue animal. It's the only way to go.

It's kinda nice to see that when we get beyond politics, we can all find common ground somewhere.

Steve

Wolf J Flywheel
02-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Actually there is. I have been lurking at this other site as well and I have seen nobody discuss doing any of this. The closest I have seen is hondo cheering on others for accusing people of being with the Klan combined with hondo showing blind support for politicians who are Klansman as long as they vote democrat. So if anyone on the other site supports these atrocious activities it is hondo. I have been perusing his old posts here and there and he is a perpetual pot stirrer. To cover the topic though I like to play pool and I have a modest collection of cues and I like to play chess and play poker.

ugotda7
02-25-2010, 09:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

</div></div>

Sack </div></div>

Whoooooosh - the sound of the point flying right over your head.

JohnnyD
02-25-2010, 01:44 PM

</div></div>

</div></div>

Sack </div></div>Since all of that was made up in the OP's head could you elaborate further? That is total fabrication.Go back thru all the threads on each site before you repeat vile lies about skinheads and such.

sack316
02-25-2010, 02:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, Sack. Any '57 Mantles?

I had one as a kid and my grandmother gave away my baseball
card collection when I went off to college. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif </div></div>

Nah Hondo, unfortunately classics like that are not in my collection. I do remember as a kid getting very angry at my Dad and my grandmother when I learned of all the valuable cards that he and his brother had... that either wound up being used to make their bikes sound cool or were thrown out during spring cleanings. Grrrrr!!!

My favorite that I have is a '71 Reggie Jackson with an authenticated autograph. Most of my collection covers the 80's. Still have several full boxed sets in wrapping, among thousands of others in binders etc. Now I'll just hope for some neat freak Moms to throw out my peer's old collections, increase the rarity of a lot of them... and watch my future retirement grow /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

sack316
02-25-2010, 02:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolf J Flywheel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually there is. I have been lurking at this other site as well and I have seen nobody discuss doing any of this. The closest I have seen is hondo cheering on others for accusing people of being with the Klan combined with hondo showing blind support for politicians who are Klansman as long as they vote democrat. So if anyone on the other site supports these atrocious activities it is hondo. I have been perusing his old posts here and there and he is a perpetual pot stirrer. To cover the topic though I like to play pool and I have a modest collection of cues and I like to play chess and play poker. </div></div>

Sorry, I don't visit the other site (though many here have wished my right leaning butt to be over there instead over the years here). So I couldn't give opinion on any actions you described in that regard. All I can comment on is from all the years over here... in which time Hondo and I are not often on the same side of political leanings... but never have any discussions been anything other than gentlemanly.

Sorry for any ill feelings y'all and Hondo may have from whatever goes on at AZ. But among those here that have any cred over all these years on CCB, Hondo is a well respected and well liked poster.

Sack

JohnnyD
02-25-2010, 02:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolf J Flywheel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually there is. I have been lurking at this other site as well and I have seen nobody discuss doing any of this. The closest I have seen is hondo cheering on others for accusing people of being with the Klan combined with hondo showing blind support for politicians who are Klansman as long as they vote democrat. So if anyone on the other site supports these atrocious activities it is hondo. I have been perusing his old posts here and there and he is a perpetual pot stirrer. To cover the topic though I like to play pool and I have a modest collection of cues and I like to play chess and play poker. </div></div>I did as you said and reviewed old posts by him and you were right.He seems to be a poop pot stirrer.The truth will set him free of all of this.Please excuse me for using a foul word.

sack316
02-25-2010, 02:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

</div></div>

Sack </div></div>

</div></div>

Nah, I got the point just fine... only didn't think it was a very good one.

Of course this thread would have been A-OK without the extra commentary thrown in by Hondo that you referred to. But fact still remains that unless one is part of one of those mentioned groups, one has nothing to be offended by. And, generally speaking, if one is then they are probably a little over-sensitive or carrying a guilty conscience.

And of course, given that out of your 22 posts here thus far, all but 5 are responses directly to Hondo... and even those 5 are in response to others about Hondo (batting a thou there my friend), it doesn't take much thought to see whose purpose here is to instigate.

There's plenty to read and discuss on this board if you'd care to partake and enjoy the CCB besides Hondo (though I realize he is an interesting man). If you wouldn't care to do that, maybe we can contact the admin and see about creating a "Hondo Section" for the enjoyment of our new friends.

Sack

hondo
02-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks, Sack. You do realize that Flytrap is actually LWW and is
just trying to stir up hate?

I would hope that all the regulars on here totally ignore
Johnny, ugot, punter and dub(flytrap).

sack316
02-25-2010, 02:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since all of that was made up in the OP's head could you elaborate further? That is total fabrication.Go back thru all the threads on each site before you repeat vile lies about skinheads and such. </div></div>

What "vile lies" did I repeat?

And I've been on this site for over 7 years. I need not go back and read, as I know each longtime member here very well. I know who is what and who says what. I also see no need to read "threads on <u>each</u> site" since I am on the CCB. If I was worried about what went on at AZ I'd spend some time over there too. And I'd keep my AZ discussions on AZ, and my CCB discussions here.

Sack

p.s. FWIW, I'm not fond of it when Hondo comes over here to talk about goings on from AZ either.

JohnnyD
02-25-2010, 02:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, Sack. You do realize that Flytrap is actually LWW and is

Johnny, ugot, punter and dub(flytrap). </div></div>And hondo.How about hondo telling the truth.The TRUTH will set you free hondo.

JohnnyD
02-25-2010, 02:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since all of that was made up in the OP's head could you elaborate further? That is total fabrication.Go back thru all the threads on each site before you repeat vile lies about skinheads and such. </div></div>

What "vile lies" did I repeat?

And I've been on this site for over 7 years. I need not go back and read, as I know each longtime member here very well. I know who is what and who says what. I also see no need to read "threads on <u>each</u> site" since I am on the CCB. If I was worried about what went on at AZ I'd spend some time over there too. And I'd keep my AZ discussions on AZ, and my CCB discussions here.

Sack

p.s. FWIW, I'm not fond of it when Hondo comes over here to talk about goings on from AZ either. </div></div> That's right hondo MUST speak the truth.But will he?

Wolf J Flywheel
02-25-2010, 02:58 PM
My replies to hondo are simply replies to the many lies he spreads.

hondo
02-25-2010, 02:59 PM
WADR, Sack, he is not worthy of any response to.

He is playing the idiot or possibly is an idiot and nothing you
say will have any effect on him.

He is on here to stir hate, nothing more.

sack316
02-25-2010, 03:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolf J Flywheel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My replies to hondo are simply replies to the many lies he spreads. </div></div>

If that's your bag then have at it and enjoy. There's also plenty of other things to do and discuss on here as well. I happen to think accusations of "instigating" probably shouldn't come from one whose soul purpose of being on this board is to follow one person around.

I'm not gonna say who is right or wrong here... as I said, I have no idea what goes on at AZ. But for the purposes of this board we have a) a few newbies tailing and discussing Hondo nonstop and b) a poster who has been a member and friend with little or no problems over the course of his 6+ years here.

Surely you could see where the non-dual board observer will see option "a" as being the instigators.

Sack

wolfdancer
02-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Wish I had thought of collecting back then....Bill,a guy that I worked with, had known the "A"'s pitcher Ron Perranowski, from minor league baseball. And another co-worker, a total baseball nut, had once been a sports columnist for an Alaska newspaper, where a lot of the A's team had played while on their way up. Between the two of them I went to a lot of the Oakland games, while living across the Bay...and free, box seats a few rows behind 1st base....(priceless)
The A's had a favorite bar they went to, and I tagged along with Bill...I even bought a round for the players....me, struggling to make ends meet, and them getting $175 per diem at that time, for incidental expenses, plus free clubhouse dinners....
That A's team is up there on my favorites list....just behind 3 or 4 Red Sox teams.....
Bill had been a Navy Pilot, then flew third seat for American Airlines...and had been laid off in that era's oil shortage problems. He was high on the list to be appointed to the SFPD, after training....when he got a job with Fed-Ex...flying second seat. I don't know if they had stewardesses, but next to baseball,they were Bill's other form of recreation.

JohnnyD
02-25-2010, 03:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WADR, Sack, he is not worthy of any response to.

He is playing the idiot or possibly is an idiot and nothing you
say will have any effect on him.

He is on here to stir hate, nothing more. </div></div>He is not on here to stir hate and you know it.He wants the truth be told by you hondo.You know you have besmirched reputations.I speak the truth.I see that Sir Flywheel speaks the truth and many others that are trying to get the truth out of YOU.Tell the truth it will set you free.

wolfdancer
02-25-2010, 03:33 PM
There you go again...speaking in the third person about yourself.
The proper form is "I", not "he", although in your case ...dipsh*t would cover all the bases.
If you only could realize that not only do you come across as a fool in print, but Sir is playing you like a fool to cause trouble here, which he then uses to earn rep points over there.
Grow up....be your own man!!....tell him:
"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore."
then slam the window down on his ******* head.
Checking on the wording of that quote from "Network", and reading some of the script.....if they remake that movie, that could rename it "Fox News"

eg8r
02-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Right now my most time consuming hobby is my children. I love them to death and cannot get enough of them. My daughter is reading up a storm and we are having trouble keep up with this voracious habit. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif She is also starting to drive us nuts when walking through a store and she starts calling out all the prices. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif My son is into any superhero known to man and if I have to watch "The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl" one more time I might throw up.

I have also been racing slot cars lately, 1/24 scale. That is a blast and it is something that my kids can do with me (albeit the power on the track is reduced to limit the amount of time their car goes flying off the track).

The other hobby consuming time right now is my fish tanks. I came home from church about 2 weeks ago and found about 30 gallons of water on my floor with more seeping out of the tank. I had to rush about 18 fish over to my bro-in-laws house so I did not lose them and then tear down the tank. Since then I have been building a new tank stand for my new 220 gallon tank. I am switching over from African mbuna cichlids to a Frontosa colony. These fish are pretty awesome and will love the huge tank.

Other than that there is not much extra time for anything else. This past weekend I was able to go play pool for a few hours. I thought I was going to leave early due to the obnoxiously loud music. When the UFC fights started they turned off the music which was a blessing. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Hard to concentrate on pool but easier than fighting the loud music.

eg8r

JohnnyD
02-25-2010, 04:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There you go again...speaking in the third person about yourself.
The proper form is "I", not "he", although in your case ...dipsh*t would cover all the bases.
If you only could realize that not only do you come across as a fool in print, but Sir is playing you like a fool to cause trouble here, which he then uses to earn rep points over there.
Checking on the wording of that quote from "Network", and reading some of the script.....if they remake that movie, that could rename it "Fox News" </div></div>You don't impress anyone by cursing.You cut and paste.I'm not going to take this anymore i want the truth from hondo.There is that better?

eg8r
02-25-2010, 04:12 PM
JohnnyD what is the lie that was stated? Man up and answer the question.

eg8r

JohnnyD
02-25-2010, 04:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There you go again...speaking in the third person about yourself.
Checking on the wording of that quote from "Network", and reading some of the script.....if they remake that movie, that could rename it "Fox News" </div></div> Sir Flywheel is not LWW.The truth will set you free.

hondo
02-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Sounds good, Eg. Thanks.

BTW, I would love to have some tropical fish but my house is so cold in the winter, the water in the tank would freeze!

( Only a slight exaggeration /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif)

hondo
02-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Eg, he has no idea.

He claims to be a black, Christian, retired engineer.

In reality he is probably a barely literate, white, sh*t stirring young punk who has never seen the inside of a church.

At least that's the way he comes across.

He is either goofing on us or he is slightly retarded.
There are no other options.

hondo
02-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Your bad. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
02-25-2010, 07:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, Sack. You do realize that Flytrap is actually LWW and is

Johnny, ugot, punter and dub(flytrap). </div></div>

Who else might I be oh wise one from the hills?

LWW

LWW
02-25-2010, 07:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eg, he has no idea.

He claims to be a black, Christian, retired engineer.

In reality he is probably a barely literate, white, sh*t stirring young punk who has never seen the inside of a church.

At least that's the way he comes across.

He is either goofing on us or he is slightly retarded.
There are no other options. </div></div>

You being banned on AZB for being the center of problems obviously didn't teach you a thing.

LWW

JohnnyD
02-25-2010, 08:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds good, Eg. Thanks.

BTW, I would love to have some tropical fish but my house is so cold in the winter, the water in the tank would freeze!

( Only a slight exaggeration /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif) </div></div>Turn the heat on .The truth will set you free.

JohnnyD
02-25-2010, 08:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JohnnyD what is the lie that was stated? Man up and answer the question.

eg8r </div></div>Ask hondo.The racist comments and the militia comments are just a start.The truth will set him free.He knows the truth.The truth he has not told.

hondo
02-26-2010, 05:49 AM
DUB'S BACK!!!

Last seen on this forum on Feb. 14.

I can't wait for the conversation between Dub and Venis Flytrap.

Shades of Fast Larry Guninger!!!!!

LWW
02-26-2010, 08:37 AM
I had lost interest in this place until word got back to me from another joint member that you were spreading lies over here again.

I've told wolfie and yourself many times that to have peace all you need do is want peace. You don't want peace,

BTW ...I see your English skills haven't improved either.

LWW

pooltchr
02-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Thanks to all who have taken an actual potentially interesting thread for people to discuss hobbies and drag it down into the mud.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Steve

eg8r
02-26-2010, 09:17 AM
LOL, they make heaters you know. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
02-26-2010, 09:18 AM
I am asking you.

eg8r

ugotda7
02-26-2010, 12:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

</div></div>

Sack </div></div>

</div></div>

Of course this thread would have been A-OK without the extra commentary thrown in by Hondo that you referred to. But fact still remains that unless one is part of one of those mentioned groups, one has nothing to be offended by. And, generally speaking, if one is then they are probably a little over-sensitive or carrying a guilty conscience.

And of course, given that out of your 22 posts here thus far, all but 5 are responses directly to Hondo... and even those 5 are in response to others about Hondo (batting a thou there my friend), it doesn't take much thought to see whose purpose here is to instigate.

There's plenty to read and discuss on this board if you'd care to partake and enjoy the CCB besides Hondo (though I realize he is an interesting man). If you wouldn't care to do that, maybe we can contact the admin and see about creating a "Hondo Section" for the enjoyment of our new friends.

Sack </div></div>

The point is that Hondo can't help but instigate and even does so in what should otherwise be a nice and innocent thread.

You see - Hondo needs to antagonize, he must have the attention it brings, he lives for it, without it he would be lost.

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 01:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DUB'S BACK!!!

Shades of Fast Larry Guninger!!!!! </div></div>Hondo are you going to tell the truth now? The truth will set you free.

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 01:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had lost interest in this place until word got back to me from another joint member that you were spreading lies over here again.

I've told wolfie and yourself many times that to have peace all you need do is want peace. You don't want peace,

BTW ...I see your English skills haven't improved either.

LWW </div></div>LWW you have seen the lies.You are the myth slayer.Everyone respects you.If only he would tell the truth.The truth will set hondo free.

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 01:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DUB'S BACK!!!

Shades of Fast Larry Guninger!!!!! </div></div>He's back to find the truth.The truth hondo,it will set you free.

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 01:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

</div></div>

Sack </div></div>

</div></div>

Sack </div></div>

The point is that Hondo can't help but instigate and even does so in what should otherwise be a nice and innocent thread.

You see - Hondo needs to antagonize, he must have the attention it brings, he lives for it, without it he would be lost.
</div></div>All people have to do is to read his posts.They will see who needs to tell the truth.The truth will set him free.

wolfdancer
02-26-2010, 02:19 PM
your "truth" ain't done sh*t for you. You are still a camp follower, and apparently you have traded in your self-respect, for a pat on the head, from your hero.

wolfdancer
02-26-2010, 02:32 PM
I couldn't write such fawning crap like that, and look at myself in the mirror. Somewhere along the line, you have lost your dignity.
Rather then this fawning subservience to larry...which never, by the way, earns any respect for anybody doing that,from the other party.....instead of just swooning over his posts, and adding "rose petal" compliments about what he dun writ....why not tell us instead, what's happening in, what's occupying, them frontal lobes of yours....any cogent thoughts?

Gayle in MD
02-26-2010, 02:38 PM

stamps
comic books
coins
steins
cues
women !!!

but, alas, no more.

So, what's going on in your lives these days? </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Good post, friend.

I am very involved in playing classical piano. I am currently, also, giving dance instructions, and teaching pool lessons here at home.

I love gardening, boating, and cooking, all of which take up a good deal of my time, in the spring, summer and fall of the year, and nature, always there to enjoy, and on my list of things to take time to enjoy.

We do a lot of entertaining here at home, and some traveling, although not as much since it has become such a hassle.

I am just getting back into a regular writing schedule, and reading, is always on my list of things I love to do, along with going to lectures and book signings, when I have the time.

My most favorite hobby, though, is spoiling my husband, and spending time with my family!

Love,
Gayle</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 02:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">your "truth" ain't done sh*t for you. You are still a camp follower, and apparently you have traded in your self-respect, for a pat on the head, from your hero. </div></div>No cursing allowed here.

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 02:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I couldn't write such fawning crap like that, and look at myself in the mirror. Somewhere along the line, you have lost your dignity.
Rather then this fawning subservience to larry...which never, by the way, earns any respect for anybody doing that,from the other party.....instead of just swooning over his posts, and adding "rose petal" compliments about what he dun writ....who not tell us instead, what's happening in, what's occupying, them frontal lobes of yours....any cogent thoughts? </div></div>His posts are beyond your comprehension.That is very apparent.Please stay in school and read the good book.Jesus loves you.

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 02:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I couldn't write such fawning crap like that, and look at myself in the mirror. Somewhere along the line, you have lost your dignity.
Rather then this fawning subservience to larry...which never, by the way, earns any respect for anybody doing that,from the other party.....instead of just swooning over his posts, and adding "rose petal" compliments about what he dun writ....who not tell us instead, what's happening in, what's occupying, them frontal lobes of yours....any cogent thoughts? </div></div>Read your posts before you hit submit.It's easy to do.Stay in school and make something of yourself.

eg8r
02-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Did you ever decide on whether to try the Kindle? Quite opposite of you, my mother-in-law used to never read anything. All the kids bought her a Kindle and she has been reading one book a month. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif It is still early but she has read two more books in the past two months than the previous 30 years of her life. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
02-26-2010, 03:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you ever decide on whether to try the Kindle? Quite opposite of you, my mother-in-law used to never read anything. All the kids bought her a Kindle and she has been reading one book a month. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif It is still early but she has read two more books in the past two months than the previous 30 years of her life. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

So far I haven't bought one, Ed, but I may do so when the weather gets better. I think it would be great for when I am on the boat, or sitting on the beach.

Like I told you, I think, I have such a love for books, you know? The actual book, the smell of it, the whole process, it's like a drug addict going through the ritual, I guess. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Although, this medication I have to take these days, has caused a lot of arthritic aches in my hands, and when I'm reading a big book, it really kicks in, so I will probably get one eventually.

Any recomendations on which one is the best?

Thanks,
Gayle

eg8r
02-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Well, there are way too many choices now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Remember back when going to buy a TV was just a decision about size? Now try and go buy one. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif EReaders are the same way. Apple just came out with the iPad and it has a book reader built in so you can add that to a list of companies hocking an eReader. The one advantage of the iPad is that for a little more money you get an iPod and much much more.

eg8r

wolfdancer
02-26-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm going to wait until they come out with the Maxi-ipad before I buy one....

Gayle in MD
02-26-2010, 03:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to wait until they come out with the Maxi-ipad before I buy one.... </div></div> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
02-26-2010, 03:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, there are way too many choices now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Remember back when going to buy a TV was just a decision about size? Now try and go buy one. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif EReaders are the same way. Apple just came out with the iPad and it has a book reader built in so you can add that to a list of companies hocking an eReader. The one advantage of the iPad is that for a little more money you get an iPod and much much more.

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Oh, woe is me, technology is leaving me in the dust! I am electronically declined! It seems like whatever I get ready to buy, lately, it ends up sounding like I need to take a course to learn how to run the damn thing.

Maybe I'll just stick with the books! It's kind of nice to be adding to my library when I purchse a book, you know?</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 04:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to wait until they come out with the Maxi-ipad before I buy one.... </div></div>This is uncalled for.

hondo
02-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Right on , Steve.

hondo
02-26-2010, 05:24 PM
We have a circulating heater in the foyer, and a big space heater in the kitchen with fan. No furnace.

hondo
02-26-2010, 05:27 PM
You responded. He wins.

hondo
02-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks, sweetie. Great to see you back.

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 05:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, sweetie. Great to see you back. </div></div>
Thank you hondo i just seek the truth from you.That is all.

hondo
02-26-2010, 05:31 PM
You sick rascal. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
02-26-2010, 05:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks to all who have taken an actual potentially interesting thread for people to discuss hobbies and drag it down into the mud.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Steve </div></div>

Tap! Tap! TAP!

hondo
02-26-2010, 05:41 PM
The winner? Johnny D. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

wolfdancer
02-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Gayle, re: collecting comic books.....I screwed up so badly, when I was 10,11 years old. My stepdad's brother worked in a comic book factory.....they did the printing/binding, etc for all the major comic books of those days, esp DC comics.
Every month Uncle Joe would give me 20 or more comic books, before they hit the newsstands. I'd read them all in one night, then give them away.
I got sick a few years ago when I looked at the prices they were fetching.
My favorite hobby is arguing with Bubbas from Hicksville....it isn't an argument per se ...as all you have to do is get them to reply, and eventually they trip all over themselves.

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 06:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The winner? Johnny D. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif </div></div> No reason to stir the pot hondo.Please stop.

wolfdancer
02-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Hey, i was just hoping, as the Australians would say....that it would hold more bloody songs then the regular ipad.
(never could pass up as pun, even a bad one....sorry)

JohnnyD
02-26-2010, 06:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, i was just hoping, as the Australians would say....that it would hold more bloody songs then the regular ipad.
(never could pass up as pun, even a bad one....sorry) </div></div>
You silly guy.Are you really Groucho Marks ?