PDA

View Full Version : Stephan Cohen on BD's awards list!

Pask
02-27-2010, 05:58 AM
Hi fellows!

I'm posting this message with a little delay for two reasons : I just forgot to post it earlier, and I also receive BD magazine a bit late each month (after the 20th) because I'm outside the USA.

Well, I'll be kinda patriotic here, but I'm sure you'll understand that I am so proud because pool in France need such news!!! I've been so glad to see that Stephan Cohen is on the BD's Awards list in Feb issue, due to his straightpool world title he won last August, beating the Mika 'The Iceman' Immonen!!!!

BD's granted him the most outstanding performance award. I tell you what, this kind of award is very important and symbolic. As I've discussed in a previous thread of mine dealing with pool popularity, France needs players like him and such performance to see pool rise up. Stephan has always been French #1 since I started pool 15 years ago. He is way up in the skies compared to his runner-ups within French ranking. Regarding the game his technique is awsome, he's really understood what is pool. And about the man, he's very nice, modest and never shows off like sunday players. I met him in the flesh when I was at the Open de Paris tournament in mid January. My coach knows him, so I had the opportunity to shake his hand and congratulate him for his world title and also told him to keep up the good job and go on making us dream and show the French that it is possible to be on top. There, I also watched his match agains US player Stevie Moore (another cool guy I met by the way!). And I could see that Stephan has really a level of play for international competition.

I hope Stephan Cohen will bring other big titles to my country, and I also hope his performances so far will make things change here regarding pool, make the French Federation officials boost this type of billiards because this is an awsome game and sport.

Well, that's it, I'm finished with patirotic stuff, descending French flag! Allez la France!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

acuerate
02-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi Pascal,

We coach French nr. 1 player in snooker which you might know : Yannick Poulain. In fact he's one of our embassodors. I don't know if he also plays pool but I'm sure he could be very good at it.
I agree with what you say about the need for high level peforming players to boost the sport. In Belgium we have a 14 yr old who won the under 19 European open and this is boosting snooker in Belgium already. The kid's name is Luca Brecel and I'm sure he will be a top 16 player within a 3-5 years (if he continues focusing on snooker and not on girls ... ;-) ...
Luca is also coached by Chris Henry.

May be it's time for us to meet some great pool players and get more involved in this game.

Enjoy the game,

Johan

cuesmith
04-17-2010, 04:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pask</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi fellows!

I'm posting this message with a little delay for two reasons : I just forgot to post it earlier, and I also receive BD magazine a bit late each month (after the 20th) because I'm outside the USA.

Well, I'll be kinda patriotic here, but I'm sure you'll understand that I am so proud because pool in France need such news!!! I've been so glad to see that Stephan Cohen is on the BD's Awards list in Feb issue, due to his straightpool world title he won last August, beating the Mika 'The Iceman' Immonen!!!!

BD's granted him the most outstanding performance award. I tell you what, this kind of award is very important and symbolic. As I've discussed in a previous thread of mine dealing with pool popularity, France needs players like him and such performance to see pool rise up. Stephan has always been French #1 since I started pool 15 years ago. He is way up in the skies compared to his runner-ups within French ranking. Regarding the game his technique is awsome, he's really understood what is pool. And about the man, he's very nice, modest and never shows off like sunday players. I met him in the flesh when I was at the Open de Paris tournament in mid January. My coach knows him, so I had the opportunity to shake his hand and congratulate him for his world title and also told him to keep up the good job and go on making us dream and show the French that it is possible to be on top. There, I also watched his match agains US player Stevie Moore (another cool guy I met by the way!). And I could see that Stephan has really a level of play for international competition.

I hope Stephan Cohen will bring other big titles to my country, and I also hope his performances so far will make things change here regarding pool, make the French Federation officials boost this type of billiards because this is an awsome game and sport.

Well, that's it, I'm finished with patirotic stuff, descending French flag! Allez la France!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

I had the pleasure of watching the finals of the Worlds Straight pool Tourney last night on Accu-Stats DVD. I had the double commentary going on because Danny DiLiberto was here watching it with me! I must say that Danny is very proud of his pupil, Stephan, and was in tears watching Stephans interview after the match, where he gave a lot of credit to Danny for the knowlege he shared with Stephan. I highly recommend Accu-Stats videos for the content and this video is a great one for any 14.1 fan. Oh, and I also highly recommend lessons from Danny!
Sherm