PDA

View Full Version : Getting Down

cheesemouse
08-18-2002, 05:48 AM
GETTING DOWN
Today at 8am I have to tee it up for the Club Championship. This is a big deal for bragging rights for the long Winter to come. Over the last couple of years when I know I have to put up my best golf game I go thru my one hour set of pool drills to help get me focussd on my routine; I use the same one for golf/pool. For some reason hitting pool balls just relaxes and focus my mind. The stategy thing that is most useful from pool is the way the pool mind is always looking at the three ball run; shooting the first ball for position to get on the second to easily pocket the third. In golf your doing the same basic thing tee to green; driving to a advantageous spot in the fairway so you can approach the green from a good angle to leave yourself a hard charging putt for a birdie or par. If I'm really thinking good on the golf course what I'm really doing is running those last three balls in a nineball rack. This may sound crazy for some but it seems natural to me. By the way I don't explain this process to my golf buddies cause I just get the rolling of the eyes thing from them. So be it..... Play pool and be thankful that you love the game......gotta go hit some range balls.....later. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

PQQLK9
08-18-2002, 08:00 AM
Go get em tiger...(no pun intended) /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif