PDA

View Full Version : Home Security Cameras On The Internet(NPR)

Sid_Vicious
08-18-2002, 07:21 AM
Will anybody with experience with these whiz bang surveillence packages that supposedly allow you to monitor your home via an offfice PC etc., please private message or e-mail me with their opinions? I can see good things in their capabilities, are they junk or is there value? Thanks in advance, I don't really want to tie up this board with this so an off line conversation would be appreciated...sid~~~been robbed once, would like to see who visits "the next time"

PQQLK9
08-18-2002, 07:57 AM
Never used one but I would think they would be pretty good...(I know a guy who keeps hungry pit-bulls in his yard)...I never visit him.../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

heater451
08-19-2002, 09:22 AM
You can also find home security camera setups at Sam's Club, or in pieces at Radio Shack.

I don't have experience with either (have a Brinks setup, and two dogs), but I have been curious myself, about being able to "check-in" from the web.

One thing, I would make sure that there's some kind of security for the viewing application/site, since you wouldn't want someone to go on the web, just to make sure that you're not home!

08-19-2002, 07:17 PM
Sid,

I'd love to have peoples comments about this subject. I own a pool room and I would love to see what goes on when I'm not there.

Bob

Tom_In_Cincy
08-20-2002, 02:56 PM
Sid,
I have used web cams for computer room monitoring for the last 3 years. They are great. But, the ones I use start at $500 and up to $1500.

www.axis.com (http://www.axis.com)