PDA

View Full Version : how to put draw on a Soccor ball

wolfdancer
03-03-2010, 06:02 PM
no luck (http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/sow_experts/post/Strong-wind-scores-an-incredible-own-goal?urn=sow,225434)
Does the Goalie get credit for the goal?

cushioncrawler
03-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Amazing. Being No5 i hav kicked a lot of goal'kix in my time -- alltho nowadays it seems to be the goalie who takes the goal'kick. Ballarat iz cold'n'windy -- but nothing like this ever happened to me.
This own'goal would hav been especially funny if the goalie had scored against hizself.
madMac.

Chilled
03-04-2010, 03:31 AM
Funny $hit to watch but that wasn't a legal goal. It should have been disallowed. Under the laws of the game you can't score an 'own goal' directly from a goal kick, with or without wind or 'draw' on the ball lol. Someone has to make contact with the ball after the goal kick and before it crosses your own goal line before it can be a legal goal.

You can score a goal against your opposition directly from a goal kick without anyone touching the ball, but not an 'own goal'.

The correct refereeing decision in this case would definitely have been a corner to the opposing side, not a goal.

LWW
03-04-2010, 06:19 AM
That's what I thought.

LWW

cushioncrawler
03-04-2010, 03:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chilled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny $hit to watch but that wasn't a legal goal. It should have been disallowed. Under the laws of the game you can't score an 'own goal' directly from a goal kick, with or without wind or 'draw' on the ball lol. Someone has to make contact with the ball after the goal kick and before it crosses your own goal line before it can be a legal goal. You can score a goal against your opposition directly from a goal kick without anyone touching the ball, but not an 'own goal'. The correct refereeing decision in this case would definitely have been a corner to the opposing side, not a goal.</div></div>Well spotted -- i woz thinking this myself but koodnt be bothered looking it up. I notice that the rules allso cover the situation where the goalkeeper touches the (this) ball before it goze into the net.
madMac.

Chilled
03-04-2010, 04:49 PM
I didn't look it up either madmac, didn't need to as the subject of accidentally putting a goal kick directly into your own net has been a regular sports quiz trick question for at least 50 years.

Re this particular specific game the losing team appealed to their league authority because of the easily verifiable refereeing mistake in awarding the goal and were awarded a replay.

cushioncrawler
03-04-2010, 05:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chilled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't look it up either madmac, didn't need to as the subject of accidentally putting a goal kick directly into your own net has been a regular sports quiz trick question for at least 50 years. Re this particular specific game the losing team appealed to their league authority because of the easily verifiable refereeing mistake in awarding the goal and were awarded a replay.</div></div>Good one. But the bizness re putting the goal kick direktly into your own net can get komplikated.
........ What if the goalie touches the ball on the way in??????

I notice that if the ball exits the penalty area the ball iz then "in play" -- but i guess that the rule saying that u karnt score a goal for the opposition by a direkt goal'kick overides this "in play" rule -- but i suspekt that the authoritys didnt aktually think of this possibility.
madMac.

Chilled
03-04-2010, 07:02 PM
If the ball is touched by anyone from the defending side after the goal kick is taken and before it leaves the box, the goal kick has to be retaken so if they touch it inside the box it's immediately whistled up for a retake. That's why you will occasionally see an astute defender deliberately go into the box and touch the ball if a keeper has attempted a short goal kick to him and got the weight wrong.

If it's touched outside the box by the keeper or a defender and and then it goes directly into the net it's a goal.

I agree with madmac that the authorities probably didn't envisage the ball leaving the box in the air and being carried back in on the wind untouched otherwise they might have changed the wording a little.

Pretty sure some pool rules wording could be improved as well lol.