PDA

View Full Version : Hope that I didn't break my phone

wolfdancer
03-04-2010, 12:49 PM
It just rang, and when I answered it...the voice said:
"Hello, I'm calling from the Republican national co.." SLAM !!
Hope I busted his eardrum

sack316
03-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Want a better/more fun solution?

My dear Mother used to always keep a whistle by the phone in the kitchen. Prank phone call= earache for someone! Overbearing telemarketer that won't take a polite "no, thank you" for an answer? Earache for someone!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack--- is actually serious on that one!

wolfdancer
03-04-2010, 01:49 PM
pretty ironic though....that they called...ME, and called while I was on this site, reading the lww/tchr er,inspirational and educational, messages...maybe, only 1 or 2 of them though....they are great at keeping one "regular"

pooltchr
03-04-2010, 02:03 PM
At the risk of telling you something you may or may not know, slamming a phone, and gently hanging it up produces the exact same sound to the caller...a little electronic "click" followed by silence.

Steve

Gayle in MD
03-04-2010, 02:10 PM
I hope you did too! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I use Sack's Mother's solution, also.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

wolfdancer
03-04-2010, 02:17 PM
I didn't slam my phone down....just hung up.... that wasn't quite as allegorical as my updated version.....
But, thanks for the info...It'll save me a phone in case either you or lww call and ask for my advice

pooltchr
03-04-2010, 03:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't slam my phone down....just hung up.... that wasn't quite as allegorical as my updated version.....
But, thanks for the info...It'll save me a phone in case either you or lww call and ask for my advice </div></div>

If that's the only reason, let it go. No sense in paying for something you will never need.

Steve

cushioncrawler
03-04-2010, 03:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It just rang, and when I answered it...the voice said: Hello, I'm calling from the Republican national co.." SLAM !! Hope I busted his eardrum</div></div>Woofly -- This iz what u do. U put on your best indian accent -- and u say......
...........Hello Dear Sir, Sir, This Iz Your Lucky Day, Sir, Do U Hav A Fire Extinguisher In Your Kitchen, Because, Sir, Today We Are Offering A Chemical Extinguisher For Half Price, And It Will Be Delivered To Your Door Before LunchTime Tomorrow At No Extra Cost, And, Sir, We Will Let U Hav A Limit Of 2 Extinguishers At This Price. Sir, Are U Married Sir........ click.
madMac.

sack316
03-05-2010, 07:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope you did too! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I use Sack's Mother's solution, also.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

It really is a beautiful thing! It always tickled me when she would do that. She is so overly nice and patient on the phone, so I always knew if it came to that point, whoever it was darn sure deserved it.

Another fun thing is the Tom Mabe classic. I think it's been posted on here before. But just in case anyone missed it, you can listen here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50) or read it Here (http://www.s-anand.net/blog/telemarketer-in-a-murder-investigation/) . Hilarious!

Sack

Gayle in MD
03-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Funny. And if that doesn't work, and you're on a desk phone, you can say, "Could you hold just a second?" Hit hold, then answer, "IRS, Can I help you."

They'll NEVER call back!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

sack316
03-05-2010, 09:58 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
03-05-2010, 10:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny. And if that doesn't work, and you're on a desk phone, you can say, "Could you hold just a second?" Hit hold, then answer, "IRS, Can I help you."

They'll NEVER call back!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

That only works on Obama's apointees!

Steve