PDA

View Full Version : So what really happened...

wolfdancer
03-04-2010, 02:02 PM
how did the dream team of the old, grizzled war hero, and the musher, the odds on favorite to win.....lose????
I's mind boggling....almost like the 1948 elections, a shoe in for Thomas Dewey...so much so, that the Chicago Tribune printed out the results before the final count (pre-Diebold then....we actually got an honest count)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/28/Deweytruman12.jpg/250px-Deweytruman12.jpg

Well, here's a possible answer, but warning ....them Republicans do not always use P.C. words to express their thoughts...do not open if easily offended by the truth, or cuss words:
WTF happened? (http://media.photobucket.com/image/mccain%20palin/retortionist/McCain_Palin.jpg?o=9)

Gayle in MD
03-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Just watched a two part documentary on Truman. What a man!

And, Republicans were obstructionists then, too, LOL.

Some things never change! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

wolfdancer
03-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Old "give em hell", Harry....would not have been defeated by the likes of one GWB, unless Diebold was doing the vote counting.
Maybe HST was our last, honest politician.....not that I don't have great respect for JFK, and also believe Bill Clinton looks like a "Preacher Man" next to the likes of the unindicted co-conspirators, gwb and der dickster.

Gayle in MD
03-04-2010, 02:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Old "give em hell", Harry....would not have been defeated by the likes of one GWB, unless Diebold was doing the vote counting.
Maybe HST was our last, honest politician.....not that I don't have great respect for JFK, and also believe Bill Clinton looks like a "Preacher Man" next to the likes of the unindicted co-conspirators, gwb and der dickster. </div></div>

Roosevelt, I and II, Clinton, JFK, and Obama, all of them far better presidents than any of the Republicans, since honest Abe.

GW Bush, of course, the all time worst in history!

And, history will eventually calculate far more negative consequences of Reagan, once we can dig it all out from the deep pit they burried it in, and determine all of the damage from his horrible Middle East decisions, and illegal, immoral Iran/Contra mess, not to mention propping up dictators, and spreading mass weaponry around to barbaric thugs.

I'd love to se a tally of how many American troops have been slaughtered by the weapons sold to them by Republican Administrations, and Republican crooks, but then, we'd have to go all the way back to Prescott Bush's sales to Hitler, to tally all of that up!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
03-04-2010, 03:44 PM
JFK is probably turning over in his grave, knowing you actually place him and Obama in the same regard.

Steve

wolfdancer
03-04-2010, 05:35 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

llotter
03-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Didn't JFK cheat his way into the WH and cheat on his wife? Of course, his brother Teddy was also a scoundrel. The 'Kennedy Way' and the 'Chicago Way' are both common to the 'Democrat Way', lie, cheat and steal. No surprise that the lefties here admire these common cheats.

LWW
03-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Yes, it was the Chicago way which stole Illinois and gave JFK the White House.

And yes, anyone who views Obama and JFK in an equivalent light is merely telling the world that they really don't understand any of this at all.

LWW

hippiepool
03-05-2010, 07:44 PM
J F K was one of two Presidents who were not Masons ......the other one was Lincoln ..... that is , up until O'Bama ....hmmmmmm..... , I wonder .

LWW
03-06-2010, 07:01 AM
Hippie, you tower as an intellectual giant over the leftists on this board.

Welcome aboard.

LWW

Gayle in MD
03-06-2010, 07:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't JFK cheat his way into the WH and cheat on his wife? Of course, his brother Teddy was also a scoundrel. The 'Kennedy Way' and the 'Chicago Way' are both common to the 'Democrat Way', lie, cheat and steal. No surprise that the lefties here admire these common cheats. </div></div>

You dare compare Democratics with Republicans?

Your guy Nixon was the only president forced to resign due to multi level abuse of power, obstruction of Justice, and a slew of other illegal infractions. But then, his crony, Ford, pardoned him before he got his due process. Same way Bush pardoned Libby.

You've had two decent presidents. Lincoln and Eisenhower, one is said to have been gay, and the other had a mistress.

No room for you to slander our people. We wouldn't have troops in the Middle East right now, if voters had listend to Jimmy Carter. Every time we fill up, we're helping Iran and Bush's franchised terrorists operations, to get nukes and weapons to kill more Americans.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

hippiepool
03-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Well , thanx Dubster ....and glad to be here . Having said that , I am in no way a " leftist " .....I am a realist .

eg8r
03-07-2010, 06:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your guy Nixon was the only president forced to resign due to multi level abuse of power, obstruction of Justice, and a slew of other illegal infractions. But then, his crony, Ford, pardoned him before he got his due process. Same way Bush pardoned Libby. </div></div>Libby did not get a pardon. Also, I think Libby and Nixon should have sat in jail.

eg8r

LWW
03-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Please do not expect comprehension of reality from our resident leftists ... that is obviously too high of a standard.

LWW

wolfdancer
03-07-2010, 01:22 PM
HP, welcome to the "think tank"......it's still "AZB Light" in re:
to the hate posts, stalking, intimidation attempts,etc..
It used to be more active, more "readable", more friendly....until the arrival of lww, which resulted in several good members leaving here. Comparing the post count of lww, and the declining membership here....they might be equal, and opposite.
But if you skip over the posts of lww and tchr....it still ain't bad.

hippiepool
03-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Thanx Wolf ...I can't bring myself to ignore Dub's posts though , It's kind of like a train wreck , It's horrible but you take a peek anyway ...

LWW
03-07-2010, 03:10 PM
There you go copying my zingers again.

LWW

Stretch
03-07-2010, 06:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hippiepool</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanx Wolf ...I can't bring myself to ignore Dub's posts though , It's kind of like a train wreck , It's horrible but you take a peek anyway ... </div></div>

Oh yes, the master of disaster, the the lama of lame, the minister of misinformation, the one and only Miss Larry! I'm sure he will greatfully accept the silver shovel award and use it frequently. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif St.

hippiepool
03-07-2010, 08:57 PM
So you invented that in the 1700's .....?

hippiepool
03-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Miss Larry ....? I never knew ....!!!

LWW
03-07-2010, 09:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hippiepool</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you invented that in the 1700's .....? </div></div>

The train wasn't invented until 1822.

LWW

wolfdancer
03-07-2010, 11:42 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

wolfdancer
03-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Yeah, it's like having the runs....you know you should just flush,... but

JohnnyD
03-08-2010, 12:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, it's like having the runs....you know you should just flush,... but </div></div>Please watch your language on this wonderfull site.Thank you.

LWW
03-08-2010, 06:54 AM
Wolfdancer just got in with the wrong crowd.

LWW

Gayle in MD
03-08-2010, 08:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your guy Nixon was the only president forced to resign due to multi level abuse of power, obstruction of Justice, and a slew of other illegal infractions. But then, his crony, Ford, pardoned him before he got his due process. Same way Bush pardoned Libby. </div></div>Libby did not get a pardon. Also, I think Libby and Nixon should have sat in jail.

eg8r </div></div>

Right you are, but Bushy and Cheney kept their promise to him, didn't they. Cover our a**es, and we'll keep you out of jail.

Surprised to hear you say Libby should have gone to jail, though, thought you were on his side.

G.

eg8r
03-08-2010, 02:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surprised to hear you say Libby should have gone to jail, though, thought you were on his side.</div></div>I stated this all along. I even said it when the first post came out about Libby getting off. I have always said, if you are guilty then you should do the time.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-08-2010, 02:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surprised to hear you say Libby should have gone to jail, though, thought you were on his side.</div></div>I stated this all along. I even said it when the first post came out about Libby getting off. I have always said, if you are guilty then you should do the time.

eg8r </div></div>

Oh, forgive me, I thought you had said that he wasn't guilty because Valarie Plame was just a secretary.

eg8r
03-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Nope, him being guilty had nothing to do with the secretary.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-08-2010, 02:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope, him being guilty had nothing to do with the secretary.

eg8r </div></div>

LOL, your position on the case from the start was that no laws had been broken, and that Ms. Plame was just a secretary.

There wouldn't have been any investigation or trial at all, if she had been just a secretary.

eg8r
03-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Still none of that has to do with what Libby was guilty of. He was guilty and should have been thrown in jail. Now if the Dems did not have such a bad taste in their mouth for what happened to their fav President that lied while under oath they would have never went on that witch hunt about a secretary.

eg8r

hippiepool
03-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Why don't you explain ( for a change ) , what you are refering to .

Gayle in MD
03-08-2010, 03:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still none of that has to do with what Libby was guilty of. He was guilty and should have been thrown in jail. Now if the Dems did not have such a bad taste in their mouth for what happened to their fav President that lied while under oath they would have never went on that witch hunt about a secretary.

eg8r </div></div>

The Dems? LMAO! It was a Republican Appointee who was director of the CIA, who requested the investigation, and a Republican Appointee who was the Federal Attorney that brought the charges. The CIA Director stated that she was a secret agent, in the field of Weapons Of Mass Destruction.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

eg8r
03-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Secret Agent Man, that was a great song. I wonder if the band was ever indicted by outing him? Nevermind, that was a song not a secretary.

eg8r

hippiepool
03-09-2010, 06:50 AM
They've given you a number ....and taken away your name .....

hondo
03-09-2010, 06:57 AM
So, who sang it? No googling, guys. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
03-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Johnny Rivers

Steve

eg8r
03-10-2010, 06:41 AM
LOL, I had no idea who sang it. Just thought it was a "catchy" tune. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

hondo
03-10-2010, 07:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Johnny Rivers

Steve </div></div>

Somebody give tht man a silver dollar! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
03-10-2010, 08:55 AM
In my younger days, I was a radio disk-jockey. Music trivia is pretty easy for me.

(I am the morning DJ, at W O L D....)
Harry Chapin

Steve