PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just love those Family Values guys.?

Qtec
03-05-2010, 04:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Entering the Larry Craig Pantheon
Josh Marshall | March 4, 2010, 1:36AM

Sen. Roy Ashburn (R)

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/images/ashburn-mug.jpg

It's no good for a family values Republican to get picked up on a DUI. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>But substantially worse to get picked up for a DUI after leaving a gay nightclub with an unidentified man in a state vehicle.</span>

That's the sorry state that befell California state Senator Roy Ashburn (R-Bakersfield) early Wednesday.

[[SLIDESHOW: Greatest GOP Sex Scandals]]

In better days Ashburn, a fierce opponent of gay rights, was fighting marriage equality and organizing anti-gay marriage rallies as part of his "Traditional Family Values" campaign.

But he hit a bump in the road -- figuratively, not literally -- Wednesday at around 2 AM when CHP officers observed him weaving and driving erratically in downtown Sacramento. After a field sobriety test, officers determined that Ashburn, who reeked of alcohol and had bloodshot, watery eyes, was under the influence of alcohol and placed him under arrest. He was released from jail just before 4 AM.

Initial reports only noted the DUI arrest and Ashburn issued a contrite apology on Wednesday. But late this evening, the CBS affiliate in Sacramento reported that "sources" confirmed that Ashburn had left Faces, a gay nightclub in downtown Sacramento, just prior to his arrest.

The state issued black Chevrolet Tahoe Ashburn was driving has been impounded at the state Capitol.
</div></div> link (http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2010/03/entering_the_larry_craig_pantheon.php)

Q

LOL (http://www.shewired.com/Article.cfm?ID=24462)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While New Hampshire was one of the lucky states to pass gay marriage last year, it still isn't without opponents who have been hard at work trying to reverse the decision. The NH House judiciary committee recently considered recommending a repeal. That effort failed.

Luckily, Joe My God noticed that NH State representative Nancy Elliot (R-Hillsborough) was recorded talking about the hot topic, and the video made it to YouTube. The headline on Joe My God is 'NH Rep. Nancy Elliot Doesn't Do Anal,' <span style="color: #CC0000"> LOL ...she obviously hasn't seen 'Debbie does Dallas'...... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </span>obviously a deduction from the Elliot quote <u>"We're talking about taking the penis of a man and putting it in the rectum of another man and wriggling it around in excrement. And you have to think, would I want that to be done to me?" </u> <span style="color: #990000"> LMAO......!</span>

She complains that because of the marriage bill, Nashua public schools are "showing presentations of anal sex... They are showing our fifth graders how they can actually perform this kind of sex... that is the context of the lesson, that 'This is something that you, as a fifth grader, you may want to try.'"

The Village Voice makes a great point in noting that at least recess will definitely be livened up! </div></div>

OMG

Q

Gayle in MD
03-05-2010, 09:44 AM
More proof everyday that one in five Americans are mentally unstable. Same number who support Republican policies.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Qtec
03-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Gayle, the silence is deafening.

If no reply comes soon, I'm going to do a fake Anne Coulter report on this! LOL

Q..................."Faggot..................must be a Dem in disguise"

sack316
03-06-2010, 10:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More proof everyday that one in five Americans are mentally unstable. Same number who support Republican policies.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

Yep pretty close. Only a 28% approval rating for republicans in congress, with a 61% disapproval.

And then we have the dems, with a 28% approval as well, and a 63% disapproval.

Even more than your guess... about one in four may well be mentally unstable.

Sack

Gayle in MD
03-06-2010, 10:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More proof everyday that one in five Americans are mentally unstable. Same number who support Republican policies.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

Yep pretty close. Only a 28% approval rating for republicans in congress, with a 61% disapproval.

And then we have the dems, with a 28% approval as well, and a 63% disapproval.

Even more than your guess... about one in four may well be mentally unstable.

Sack </div></div>

The Polls are surely not recession proof, but this President has had the most first year legislative success in history, and that includes Lyndon Johnson, and Ronald Reagan.

He still has some months to go, and I expect if the job numbers conintue to improve, we may see enough approval to make a difference.

The President needs to take a harder stand against the Republicans. I believe much of the high Congressional disapprove is directly connected to the fact that many Liberals, and Independents, who voted for Democratics, are disappointed that he the President and the Congress have made too many concessions to the minority party.

I know that is my biggest criticism.

However, this has also been one of the, if not the, hardest working Congress we've ever seen.

Might makes right. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

This President is determined to tackle all that has been neglected, and to bring about the changes which most of the country voted for.

He needs to dump the non partisan BS. Repubs have made it clear all along, their goal is simply to see him fail, regardless of the consequences. This health bill, for example, has plenty enough concessions, but they vote no anyway.

I am hoping that more of the lies about the bill will be exposed, particularly the one about abortion funding. A total lie. There is NO MONEY included in this bill for funding abortion.

G.

G.

Gayle in MD
03-06-2010, 10:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, the silence is deafening.

If no reply comes soon, I'm going to do a fake Anne Coulter report on this! LOL

Q..................."Faggot..................must be a Dem in disguise" </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

LWW
03-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Isn't it amazing how the far left uses the gay community as a stage prop.

LWW