PDA

View Full Version : My Fans out there in Alabama

Deeman3
03-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Yes, you can catch me on channel 8 and 12 on local TV tonight as we were celbrating the launch of out new Sonata with a ribbon cutting. I may not make the interview cut but you can see my trim self (29 lbs. off since Jan. 4th) leading everyone around and giving a speech or two.

I'll be signing autographs later... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
03-05-2010, 02:14 PM
This won't be carried on national TV ????...

Deeman3
03-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Naw,

I did saddle up next to our Senator while he was being interviewed for a National Telecast but they were just wanting to talk about how not allowing electronic bingo is setting the civil rights act back 40 years!

I wish I had been wearing that Jihad stuff in the picture I send you, then I may have gotten some national attention. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
03-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Ah, that jihad outfit.....I think that it's time for folks to see the real you....after you finish your 9 to 5 job.
I thought I saw a flier of that in the local P.O......these jihadists could be a guy's next door neighbor:
OK, I dare you to expose yourself here...er, not like in Playgirl...but dressed like you were going to a local tea baggers' rally...

eg8r
03-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Very cool. You are a celebrity. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Wow 29 lbs in a couple months. What is your secret?

eg8r

Deeman3
03-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Ed,

All meat, pure proteen and little else. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I just never could nibble on lettuce.

Deeman3
03-05-2010, 04:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah, that jihad outfit.....I think that it's time for folks to see the real you....after you finish your 9 to 5 job.
I thought I saw a flier of that in the local P.O......these jihadists could be a guy's next door neighbor:
OK, I dare you to expose yourself here...er, not like in Playgirl...but dressed like you were going to a local tea baggers' rally...
</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Well, if I had a way to post photos, I would put it up here. I did send it out in a recent newsletter and my Mom called concerned about my mental health. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

wolfdancer
03-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Dee, there are a few free online photo hosting sites....Picassa from Google, and Photobucket....and you can make the photos available to anyone that checks the site, or restrict them for invite only. Some fool here had a public album...then claimed someone broke into that....and he claims he is uber-intelligent....
Let me see if I can get it online....my albums, including family are not restricted,,,,and this nutcase would use those photos in an insulting manor.....

Deeman3
03-05-2010, 04:57 PM
I actually have a photobucket account, Sandybucket, I think is the name but I am not smart enough to know how to use it to post photos on here. I know, it the right wing of my brain hanging on.

On monday, I may try to add it there and see if I can somehow link it up to a post here. God help me! I really mean that. I can run a $190,000,000 business and can't post a photo, how sad! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Have a great weekend everyone. It's motorcycle weather here now!!!! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Qtec
03-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Fans? I don't get it, do you sell fans?

Is this a recall?

Q... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gifr

eg8r
03-07-2010, 06:26 AM
I did a version of the high protein diet to jump start weight loss when I hit a plateau. It definitely worked but for me not very sustainable. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Good luck and keep it up.

eg8r

LWW
03-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Glad to see that there is proof that a non UAW US auto industry can thrive.

What is the pay range there for hourlies?

LWW

Deeman3
03-08-2010, 08:10 AM
We pay from about $11 an hour to about $23 an hour for skilled hourly workers. We have full benefits like health, dental and life insurance, disability both short and long term and, for this area, are very good.

We have never laid off a single employee in 6 years. We structure our product launchs so we always have a replacement vehicle to move team members to instead of re-tooling and laying them off.

It is a very good place to work, IMO. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
03-08-2010, 02:03 PM
So no need to wait for you to show up on Undercover Boss? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
03-08-2010, 02:13 PM
do you have any openings for left handed,left leaning, over the hill, and sliding down the other side... applicants?
I have experience....worked all of 4 days on the Ford assembly line line. I's like to start at the $23 an hour position, and work my way down....

Deeman3
03-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Jack,

I always have a place for you. I like your idea of starting at the top of the food chain. You would not believe how many I have here that propose the very same strategy.

As for being on an episode of Undercover Boss, I think I'll pass. It seems rather self-serving and we all know, as soon as they get back in the office, they forget what they learned on the shop floor. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Another great thing about working in Alabama, no need to buy shoes.....

You know, while $23 an hour would be starvation wages in some areas, that is pretty good here. n my case, I make probably a third of what I did in Detroit but it is worth ever penny to be away from there. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif My apoligies to my many pals there.

As far as 4 days on a Ford Assembly line, that is deserving of respect right there. I would not have worked at Ford without a gun in my back pocket! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
03-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Deeman, just hand me a broom or whatever cuz I'm still needing more than what I'm doing now (hours per week wise that is). I pay for myself, because now I can calibrate and work on all the scales too, which'll save you a bundle! Tempted yet?

Sack

pooltchr
03-08-2010, 05:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Are the plant workers required to wear steel toe flip-flops?

Steve

wolfdancer
03-08-2010, 10:29 PM
That was the Ford Plant in Lorain, Ohio. My step Dad retired from there,worked as a guard...sometimes even showed up sober for work. He pulled out my application at night and put it on top of the pile.
Of course this was after he almost single-handed won WWII. He was a turret gunner in the Army Air Force...not sure how many of our planes he shot down, because I think he had "Turret's syndrome"....not good when your finger is on the trigger.
Pretty good driver though, and Ford trusted him to drive the visiting VIP's around town....after wards, he would pick us all up and we would be "putting on the Ritz" Going for a drive in a new Lincoln, instead of the 47 Dodge.
First time I ever went 100mph.....it's pretty exciting when the driver misses a turn and you end up in a field...

Deeman3
03-09-2010, 08:15 AM
jack,

I have been in the Lorain plant a few times back in my GM days. The Ford plant that really frightened me and that most stayed away from was Woodhaven Stamping. There were serveral cases of rapes of female supervisors on the night shift and most I knew said they never went on the shop floor without a gun!

Can you imagine? The couple of times I visited there, it felt like what I imagine Buckenwald (which I have visited) was like in 1942.

Deeman3
03-09-2010, 08:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Are the plant workers required to wear steel toe flip-flops?

Steve </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Steve,

You have obvioously been here! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>