PDA

View Full Version : Oh Boy

Qtec
03-07-2010, 07:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The day the Bush administration took over from President Bill Clinton in 2001, America enjoyed a $236 billion budget surplus -- with a projected 10-year surplus of $5.6 trillion," Obama adviser David Axelrod wrote in a Post op-ed published in January, jabbing back at Rove. "When the Bush administration left office, it handed President Obama a $1.3 trillion deficit -- and projected shortfalls of $8 trillion for the next decade." </div></div>

Q................the truth will out.

pooltchr
03-07-2010, 08:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The day the Bush administration took over from President Bill Clinton in 2001, America enjoyed a $236 billion budget surplus -- with a projected 10-year surplus of $5.6 trillion," Obama adviser <span style='font-size: 20pt'>David Axelrod wrote in a Post op-ed</span> published in January, jabbing back at Rove. "When the Bush administration left office, it handed President Obama a $1.3 trillion deficit -- and projected shortfalls of $8 trillion for the next decade." </div></div>

Q................the truth will out. </div></div>

By it's very nature, this would be an opinion, not necessarily a fact. Op-ed stands for Opinion-Editorial.

Steve

LWW
03-07-2010, 08:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The day the Bush administration took over from President Bill Clinton in 2001, America enjoyed a $236 billion budget surplus -- with a projected 10-year surplus of $5.6 trillion," Obama adviser David Axelrod wrote in a Post op-ed published in January, jabbing back at Rove. "When the Bush administration left office, it handed President Obama a $1.3 trillion deficit -- and projected shortfalls of $8 trillion for the next decade." </div></div>

Here we go again.

If the statement is true, explain why the national debt rose every year of the Clinton administration?

If you give Clinton credit for the deficit dropping, which it did, explain why he fought tooth and nail against the republican congress for passing budgets which achieved this?

What's that?

They didn't put that on the spoon for you?

I knew that.

LWW

Gayle in MD
03-07-2010, 09:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The day the Bush administration took over from President Bill Clinton in 2001, America enjoyed a $236 billion budget surplus -- with a projected 10-year surplus of $5.6 trillion," Obama adviser David Axelrod wrote in a Post op-ed published in January, jabbing back at Rove. "When the Bush administration left office, it handed President Obama a $1.3 trillion deficit -- and projected shortfalls of $8 trillion for the next decade." </div></div>

You are exactly right, Q, and I have watched live testimony, from the CBO, about the Clinton surplus, and expectations of the future strides.

Republikooks refuse to accept reality. If the Congressional Budget Office testifies that there was a surplus, that makes it a fact.

They like to ignore and deny the vast damage resulting from the Republokooks and Bush. then, they unrealistically, expect all of it to turn around in one damn year!

Ridiculous people!

G.

eg8r
03-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Hey lookie here, qtip went out and googled his mind off till he could find yet another liar talking about a surplus. I wish qtip would spend equal amount of time getting educated on what a "surplus" actually is.

eg8r

eg8r
03-08-2010, 01:56 PM
What do you think about the CBO saying Obama is going to cost us another $10 trillion of debt (of which none of it fixes any of the spending W did)? Now Obama's estimators say it will only be about $8.6 trillion but we have already seen how poor they estimate.

eg8r

pooltchr
03-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Would those be the same estimators that missed their projection of capping unemployment by 25 percent?

Steve

wolfdancer
03-08-2010, 02:20 PM
then shouldn't one be able to Google their a$$ off and find an equally offsetting article?
If it is a lie as you insist....I'm sure that:
http://artfiles.art.com/5/p/LRG/15/1586/JUQDD00Z/the-truth-is-out-there.jpg

Gayle in MD
03-08-2010, 02:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you think about the CBO saying Obama is going to cost us another $10 trillion of debt (of which none of it fixes any of the spending W did)? Now Obama's estimators say it will only be about $8.6 trillion but we have already seen how poor they estimate.

eg8r </div></div>

They didn't say that, Ed.

eg8r
03-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Go for it. Everyone knows the truth but qtip likes to pick and hunt for the oddball's truths that only people like him believe.

So tell me, if you owed a ton of money to credit cards, and you paid your phone bill on time would you consider yourself out of debt? qtip does.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-08-2010, 02:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go for it. Everyone knows the truth but qtip likes to pick and hunt for the oddball's truths that only people like him believe.

So tell me, if you owed a ton of money to credit cards, and you paid your phone bill on time would you consider yourself out of debt? qtip does.

eg8r </div></div>

Ed, you are using the CBO for an arguement on another thread, while denying their documentation on Clinton's surplus in this one.

The CBO confirms Clinton's surplus.

End of story.

G.

eg8r
03-08-2010, 02:48 PM
You are right, I did not quote them exactly. I even think I jumped the number a bit. Wasn't their number something like $9.7 trillion? So in 4 years (if he can get anything else passed) he will have spent more money than W did in 8 years. Pretty damaging. Also under W our debt to GDP was around 53%. If Obama gets what he wants that number jumps in the 90's. Pretty scary. Talk about fear mongering, Obama scares the crap out of people who actually look at what he is trying to do. I hope he fails on everyone one of these bills.

On top of that the Pay Go bill probably will be ignored every time.

eg8r

eg8r
03-08-2010, 02:49 PM
The White House Budget office thought it will be $1.6 Trillion less than the CBO.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-08-2010, 02:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are right, I did not quote them exactly. I even think I jumped the number a bit. Wasn't their number something like $9.7 trillion? So in 4 years (if he can get anything else passed) he will have spent more money than W did in 8 years. Pretty damaging. Also under W our debt to GDP was around 53%. If Obama gets what he wants that number jumps in the 90's. Pretty scary. Talk about fear mongering, Obama scares the crap out of people who actually look at what he is trying to do. I hope he fails on everyone one of these bills.

On top of that the Pay Go bill probably will be ignored every time.

eg8r </div></div>

Could you provide a link that says passing a health care bill will add 9.7 trillion to our debt. I just watched an entire live testimony, where a CBO represenative read the savings i the billions.

G.

Thank you.

eg8r
03-08-2010, 03:02 PM
I did not ever once state that passing a health care bill will add 9.7 trillion of debt. Why are you twisting what I stated?

eg8r

pooltchr
03-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Ed. You're not paying attention. The government is going to get involved in a massive new program, hire thousands of people for administration, set up bureaus and offices, and it's all going to save us money!!!!

I suspect it will save us at least as much as every other government entitlement program has saved us.

How anybody can believe that making the government bigger and more powerful is good for the country and is going to save us money is beyone comprehension!

Steve

Gayle in MD
03-08-2010, 03:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you think about the CBO saying Obama is going to cost us another $10 trillion of debt (of which none of it fixes any of the spending W did)? Now Obama's estimators say it will only be about $8.6 trillion but we have already seen how poor they estimate.

eg8r </div></div>

If you are going to make these claims, then provide a link to prove them.

Bush's deficits are the deficits we have now. Don't forecast deficits that aren't even factual, unless you provide a link.

Qtec
03-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Denial....is not an argument.
Q

Qtec
03-08-2010, 06:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey lookie here, qtip went out and googled his mind off </div></div>

You should try it yourself sometime. You might learn something.

Oh, that's right, you are not interested in facts.

Q

Qtec
03-08-2010, 06:26 PM
G, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>LACK</span> of facts is the common theme that runs through the posts of eg, Steve and the rest of the RW denialists.

They are all mouth, no substance..they hate facts/the truth.

Q

eg8r
03-08-2010, 08:16 PM
LOL, no it is your way of life.

eg8r

eg8r
03-08-2010, 08:17 PM
LOL, I learned that from you, are you proud?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-09-2010, 06:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">G, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>LACK</span> of facts is the common theme that runs through the posts of eg, Steve and the rest of the RW denialists.

They are all mouth, no substance..they hate facts/the truth.

Q </div></div>

Don't I know it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif They hate facts, and they hate the people who have them! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

pooltchr
03-09-2010, 08:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Don't I know it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif They hate facts, and they hate the people who have them! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

Nobody hates you, Gayle. Some of us pity you because you are under the false impression that you have facts, when all you really have is the spin provided to you by the likes of the DNC and their mouthpiece, HuffPo.

Steve