PDA

View Full Version : T.R. Reid, The Healing Of America

Gayle in MD
03-08-2010, 12:57 PM
The Healing of America by T.R.Reid, is a must read!

The author of a number of well documented books, the reading of which will educate anyone interested in the way our current hatlh Care System is failing us, and which steps must be raten to re-build it.

Among other things, Mr. Reid explains what happened to health care in our country when H.C.insurance shifted from non profit, to a profit based system, and the price we have paid for that shift.

His in depth interview, which aired last Sunday, is available at this link.

http://c-span.org/Watch/Media/2009/11/19/HP/A/26230/TR+Reid+Author+The+Healing+of+America.aspx

cushioncrawler
03-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Usofa needz Jesus.
madMac.
(healing) occurs 14 times in 13 verses in the KJV
Page 1 / 1 (Jer 14:19 - Rev 22:2)
........Jer 14:19 Hast thou utterly rejected Judah? hath thy soul lothed Zion? why hast thou smitten us, and [there is] no healing for us? we looked for peace, and [there is] no good; and for the time of healing, and behold trouble!
........Jer 30:13 [There is] none to plead thy cause, that thou mayest be bound up: thou hast no healing medicines.
........Nah 3:19 [There is] no healing of thy bruise; thy wound is grievous: all that hear the bruit of thee shall clap the hands over thee: for upon whom hath not thy wickedness passed continually?
........Mal 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
........Mat 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
........Mat 9:35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
........Luk 9:6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.
........Luk 9:11 And the people, when they knew [it], followed him: and he received them, and spake unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing.
........Act 4:22 For the man was above forty years old, on whom this miracle of healing was shewed.
........Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
........1Cr 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
........1Cr 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
........Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, [was there] the tree of life, which bare twelve [manner of] fruits, [and] yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree [were] for the healing of the nations.

Gayle in MD
03-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Hey Mack,
What's with the bible verses? The right doesn't take them seriously in their day to day lives, you know. That religious BS is just a cover up for their lack of concern for the ill, and the poor. Empathy, and compassion, is not part of their plan, Just don't touch their guns! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

G.

cushioncrawler
03-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Gayle -- Its uzually very funny to see what the KJ'bible sez about anything.
After all people hav been created to adore etc God and join It in Heaven (or something like that).
madMac.
Last nite on local TV we saw Dawkins v's a heap of politicians etc who believed in God and creation. It woz sickening.

cushioncrawler
03-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Gayle -- Reid sez that usofa infant mortality iz twice az bad az sweden and japan etc.
Biblists in usofa say abortion iz bad -- but infant death in usofa iz an akt of God and iz good -- Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
madMac.

Gayle in MD
03-09-2010, 06:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle -- Reid sez that usofa infant mortality iz twice az bad az sweden and japan etc.
Biblists in usofa say abortion iz bad -- but infant death in usofa iz an akt of God and iz good -- Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
madMac.
</div></div>

Mac,
The contradictions so easily noted among conservatives, are not hard to find, and the same thing can be said of the bible, chock full of contradictions.

But then, their rhetoric is never about solving problems, it's always about lying to their base, so they can get re=-elected, get back into power, and once again, get back on the fascist corporate American payroll.

How hard is it to understand that Health Insurance Companies, make their profits by dropping sick people???!!!!

LAWDY~! Do we need a damn debate to get that simple F-ing point across to the RW idiots!

G.

cushioncrawler
03-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Lets see -- from what Reid sayd.
Gov health admin in good countrys iz 5% (2% in holland) -- private admin in usofa iz 20%.
Direkt doc and hospital etc costs are 1/5 in good countrys, kompared to usofa.
So, if good countrys got usofa docs etc to do the work, but kept their gov admin, their admin would go down to 1%.
And, if the usofa got docs etc from good countrys to do the work, but kept their private admin, the admin would go up to 55%.
madMac.

Gayle in MD
03-10-2010, 07:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle -- Reid sez that usofa infant mortality iz twice az bad az sweden and japan etc.
madMac.
</div></div>

Mac,

Check this out"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(March 9) -- Death after childbirth remains a rarity among American mothers, but new research suggests that the tragic occurrence is on the rise -- and experts are at a loss to pinpoint the reason.

Despite being a leader in medical research and facilities, the United States places 41st on the World Health Organization's list of safest countries for childbirth. As for 2006, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>13 women out of every 100,000 died during or shortly after giving birth, which is higher than rates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Poland, among others.</span><span style='font-size: 20pt'>That's around 550 deaths out of 4 million annual births across the country.</span>
The federal government had set a goal to reduce maternal deaths by 2010, but the new numbers are <span style='font-size: 20pt'>four times higher </span>than what they'd hoped to attain.

Health experts aren't pointing the finger at a specific cause, but they do hypothesize that more obese mothers might be a critical factor. Many maternal fatalities are caused by <span style='font-size: 20pt'>undetected health issues,</span> such as asthma or heart disease -- problems that are more common among obese people.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Pregnancy can exacerbate pre-existing health conditions, leaving obese women -- who now make up 20 percent of pregnancies -- more susceptible to potentially fatal consequences.</span>
"Obesity can lead to hypertensive disorders, diabetes and other medical conditions, and thus can directly and indirectly present significant health risks for pregnant women," Janet Hardy, a perinatal epidemiologist at the University of Massachusetts, said in a statement issued by the Joint Commission, a nonprofit health care accrediting agency.

Cesarean sections might be another important factor. The number of women scheduling cesarean births has increased by 50 percent, to 31 percent of all births, since 1996. And while the risks of C-sections are small, the procedure is still considered major surgery.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Those over 30 are at increased risk. So are black women: They face four times the risk of maternal death compared with whites. </span>And for every woman who dies in childbirth, another 50 suffer from dangerous health complications during or after delivery, the Joint Commission report states.
<span style='font-size: 20pt'>
But once a woman reaches the delivery room, potentially fatal conditions are harder to control.</span> That's why most maternal fatalities aren't considered "preventable" by studies, including a 2008 review in the American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, which concluded that "the majority" of maternal deaths in 124 hospitals couldn't have been prevented in the delivery room.

Instead, advocates hope to see more <span style='font-size: 20pt'>preventive efforts earlier in pregnancies.</span> That means improved awareness of complications among pregnant women and better screening efforts by doctors, along with <span style='font-size: 20pt'>thorough postnatal care.</span>Debate also persists over the safety of out-of-hospital births. A report from the Centers for <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Disease Control and Prevention released last week concluded that they've increased for the first time in two decades. The births still make up less than 1 percent of all births in the country, but home births in particular were up by 5 percent.</span>
The pros and cons of home births have yet to receive much study, and they don't have the backing of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. The agency cites concerns over health of baby and mother in advising against the nonhospital route.

"Despite the rosy picture painted by home birth advocates," the group's statement reads, "a seemingly normal labor and delivery can quickly become life-threatening for both the mother and baby."
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">And yet, some men in this country believe that they have the right to invade a woman's space outside of an abortion clinic.

Having a baby is a health risk. And, in this country, it is a fatal health risk for far too many women.

Yet, some men, think they should have a say in a woman's decision regarding her own personal health, and her very life.

Same A.H.'s who are bashing this president because he thinks it is a moral obligation to provide affordable, quality health Care for all Americans.
Unbelievable!

How come the religious right is always on the bad side of every moral effort, and everything that really is about personal privacy, and the basic equal, human rights for all.

I really have to laugh at these idiots at the Tea Party events. It's a damn comedy show. In fact, the entire Republican Party is a comedy show. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

</span>

cushioncrawler
03-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Reid sez that in gov health admin systems (ie in good countrys) hav admin rates of say 5% (woz 2% in holland last time i looked) -- while usofa private admin rates are say 20% (some are 25%).
Allso, we know that the same medicines and procedures etc in good countrys run at 1/100 to 1/10 to 1/5 the cost u hav in usofa -- lets settle for 1/5.
So, if good countrys used usofa docs and hospitals etc but kept the gov admin their admin rate would be about 1%.
And, if usofa used docs and hospitals etc from the good countrys but kept the usofa admin their admin rate would be about 55%.
I guess that its all thems employees and bonuses denying claims.
madMac.

llotter
03-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Mr. Reid should butt out. He is a good example of a liberal being dumb as a post. It is the height of stupidity to think that he knows enough to run everyone's life and wouldn't hesitate to impose his utopian vision if it were within his power.

Look, we have a health care problem because the government has caused the cost to become out of reach for many, if not most, people. The solution is to get the gov. out and the cost would necessarily decrease to a level within reach of the consumer.

It is the same situation in education and government contracts or all sorts. When the bills get paid with other people's money, there is no real accountability and valuable resources get wasted. We are becoming indentured servants, working nearly half of our time paying for other people's problems before we can start taking care of our own. With much less government, not only would prices fall dramatically but we would all have more money in our pocket to better cope with our own problems.

wolfdancer
03-10-2010, 04:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">llotter should butt out. He is a good example of a rw'r being dumb as a post. It is the height of stupidity to think that he knows enough to run everyone's life and wouldn't hesitate to impose his utopian vision if it were within his power.
</div></div>
I fixed up that post for you....

Gayle in MD
03-10-2010, 05:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reid sez that in gov health admin systems (ie in good countrys) hav admin rates of say 5% (woz 2% in holland last time i looked) -- while usofa private admin rates are say 20% (some are 25%).
Allso, we know that the same medicines and procedures etc in good countrys run at 1/100 to 1/10 to 1/5 the cost u hav in usofa -- lets settle for 1/5.
So, if good countrys used usofa docs and hospitals etc but kept the gov admin their admin rate would be about 1%.
And, if usofa used docs and hospitals etc from the good countrys but kept the usofa admin their admin rate would be about 55%.
I guess that its all thems employees and bonuses denying claims.
madMac. </div></div>

Health insurance, for profit, and health care for profit, it's a no brainer.

The subsidies which we all pay to hospitals, and doctors, and pharmaceuticals, it's ridiculous.

They are middle men, milking the government, AND the consumer.

I say cut out the middle men, and make health care affordable for all. The CEO's want their cake and eat it too, the government subsidies, no oversight, and the right to bilk the consumer.

No good.

G.

Gayle in MD
03-16-2010, 02:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">llotter should butt out. He is a good example of a rw'r being dumb as a post. It is the height of stupidity to think that he knows enough to run everyone's life and wouldn't hesitate to impose his utopian vision if it were within his power.
</div></div>
I fixed up that post for you.... </div></div>

The man is completely illogical! There isn't one single well read rightie on the subject of the USA health Care failures on this site.

Everyday, there are more lies posted on here by the right. Just complete lies and misinformation, non stop!

No wonder this country is in the mess it's in!

I would bet you that the entire radical right on this forum, hasn't read a dozen books between them in ten years.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Sev
03-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Lack of proper diet, exercise, healthy lifestyle and age are the greatest contributors to female deaths after birth.

Another words we have a bunch of old fat @ss out of shape females having babies past their prime child bearing age.

If you are an environmentalist it is perfect though. For every one that is born one dies. Keeps the population static.

By the way Gayle didnt you know that most of the world considers females to be disposable??? Something about them being an inferior life form or some such.

Sev
03-16-2010, 02:44 PM
I see that ivory tower has wedged itself in deeper.

wolfdancer
03-16-2010, 03:02 PM
I see they have sent in the reserves....you and Hondo now have a "new" but old, stalker.

Sev
03-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Now now wolfi try to contain yourself. No need to be jealous I promise to be an equal opportunity commentator.

So what was that about Hondo talking smack about Larry and I??? Care to explain?? I cant help but notice you deleted your post in the shout box. Perhaps you misspoke???

I have not been on the net to speak of for months. Perhaps you could provide some links.

Gayle in MD
03-16-2010, 03:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see they have sent in the reserves....you and Hondo now have a "new" but old, stalker. </div></div>

They're all stalkers, lol.

You know, most intelligent people, when they are being completely ignored, get the hint, and back off.

I can just imagine how many of my sisters have rolled their eyes to the heavens, when discussing these individuals, they are relentless, annoying, pompous, arrogant, RW radical knats, and I can assure you many a woman ran the other way when they saw them coming.....

G.

Sev
03-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Hows that cancer coming G?

LWW
03-16-2010, 03:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now now wolfi try to contain yourself. No need to be jealous I promise to be an equal opportunity commentator.

So what was that about Hondo talking smack about Larry and I??? Care to explain?? I cant help but notice you deleted your post in the shout box. Perhaps you misspoke???

I have not been on the net to speak of for months. Perhaps you could provide some links. </div></div>

It seems that brother hondo had some fantasy/delusion that he was gang raped.

The thread is back a few pages.

It's a pitiful tale of someone in total denial of their own actions IMHO.

LWW

Sev
03-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Ahhhh. I just dont get him some times. Most times he seems like a guy you'd enjoy tossing back some drinks with and shooting some pool. Then poof. He gets all excited.

LWW
03-16-2010, 04:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ahhhh. I just dont get him some times. Most times he seems like a guy you'd enjoy tossing back some drinks with and shooting some pool. Then poof. He gets all excited. </div></div>

Here's the amazing part, he has gathered his gang together so that they can all accuse me of forcing you, UGOTDA7, JohnnyD et al to come over and malign the innocent hondo ... in fact, depending on what edition of the story you read you might even actually be me.

Now, when you stop[ laughing, he has also accuse myself ... part caucasian, part black, and part native American ... and JohnnyD who is a black gentleman of being Klan members and/or skinheads along with apostate blasphemers.

Oh, you and UGOTDA7 and SlideRule are also suspects.

Meanwhile, of course, the man who defends the Klan Kleagle and Exalted Cyclops ... the honorable Robert Carlyle Cornelius Calvin Sale Junior Byrd ... at every opportunity is of course a victim of this evil cabal bent on defaming our dear brother hondo and the aforementioned Robert Carlyle Cornelius Calvin Sale Junior Byrd.

But as we all know, according to hondo, suspecting a man of being a racist simply because he joined the nation's largest terrorist organization as a paid recruiter of murderers, rapists, lynchers, and cross burners ... such as Robert Carlyle Cornelius Calvin Sale Junior Byrd did ... is just unreasonable.

OTOH, disagreeing with dearest leader is ... of course ... still deemed to be prima facie evidence of racism.

IOW ... you haven't missed a thing.

LWW

Sev
03-16-2010, 05:06 PM
I almost hurt myself laughing when I read his thread.

Some great lines there.