PDA

View Full Version : Pool-related (sorry)

hondo
03-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Well, one good thing about getting tossed on AZ and posting
less on here: My pool game has improved considerably in the last 2 weeks.

The best one pocket player for years in Clarksburg has been some old boy from Winchester, Va, they call Geronimo.

He used to beat me 8-5.
Now we play 8-7 and I have been coming out slightly ahead of him lately.
Also, when I'm not shnockered, I've been running racks in
barbox 8 ball.

Would like to have the opportunity to play some of you guys.
I have played a few games with Deeman and Scott Lee but I don't
get around much.

wolfdancer
03-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Don't tell me you lost to either of these guys???
I've seen some pretty good one-hole matches...also,used to get spotted 11-4....and I needed it....but these guys played near Efran's level; one of them even took Efran to the tie breaker in Derby City.

hondo
03-08-2010, 10:58 PM
LOL! Did I say I lost?

If you are playing guys at Reyes' level, you are way over my head.

sack316
03-09-2010, 01:42 AM
glad to hear it Hondo! I've also seen my game finally coming back around now (which is good, as it is just in time for 2 tournaments I have lined up over the next 2 weeks!)

I've been struggling for about the last 2 months as I was getting back "into it". I'd have spurts of shooting well, interrupted by some pretty ugly play in between. Was just absolutely inconsistent. Then finally, last Friday it clicked. I'm filling in on a team this session for a friend that wanted to start one. Maybe I was mad because people haven't been showing up, which is really stressing my very sweet and caring friend, but whatever it was I got in stroke and played great winning both my 8 and 9 ball matches.

Me and a buddy decided to go out after, and a very solid SL5 wanted to play me in 9 ball. I've had trouble playing 9, as I just haven't been able to run fast enough to keep pace with my higher rank. I offered him 6-2 race in 8 if he wanted (I can outhink and dink around in 8 even on a bad night). He refused, and kept begging for 9, if I'd spot him. He wanted me to let him play as a 3 AND spot him all the breaks! I asked him if he thought I was crazy!!! Finally I gave in after some prodding by others, and managed to win despite the huge spot. I think that was the most I've bared down and concentrated in some time... and it was beautiful. So beautiful that when I offered him a chance to win his money back with an even bigger spot of his choosing (I wasn't out looking to make a bunch of $$$ that night) he refused and told me to just enjoy it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I don't remember the last time someone was that afraid to play me... but now I remember how good it feels sometimes /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

hondo
03-09-2010, 05:45 AM
Very good!
We have no leagues in my area so I have to find
a game where I can.

Makes it tough.

sack316
03-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Well I definitely need some one pocket play. I don't spend nearly enough time on a 9-footer because it is mostly league play that I've been doing.

But I'll tell ya what, when I was playing one pocket and trying to learn that game, all my other games improved because of it. Dunno how much of a challenge I could give you in it, but would love to hang out and play sometime. Wish AU and WV were playing again this year, would say we could make a whole weekend of it!

Sack

hondo
03-09-2010, 06:03 AM
Maybe one year we can both go to the Derby City Classic.
That's where I've met the other posters on BD and AZ.

Deeman3
03-09-2010, 08:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe one year we can both go to the Derby City Classic.
That's where I've met the other posters on BD and AZ. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Hondo,

Missing this year was really sad for me. I have come to expect and enjoy it so much. seeing all my buddies even more than the pool playing. I hope to never miss it again. Of course, the reason was business being so good so I almost don't want to jinx that either. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

LWW
03-09-2010, 08:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very good!
We have no leagues in my area so I have to find
a game where I can.

Makes it tough. </div></div>

You must not look very hard?

APA has a league in Fairmont County.

LWW

sack316
03-09-2010, 04:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe one year we can both go to the Derby City Classic.

I'd love that. Have always wanted to go, but never have. Was actually on my way a few years ago after a few guys on the road spotted me in a dive bar hustling all night. They wanted me to go with them. I came home, packed, and promptly passed out. Ah, the good ol' days.

Sack

hondo
03-10-2010, 07:11 AM
I've missed the last 2 years. Maybe next year.

hondo
03-10-2010, 07:11 AM
There is no Fairmont County, moron.

hondo
03-10-2010, 07:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe one year we can both go to the Derby City Classic.

I'd love that. Have always wanted to go, but never have. Was actually on my way a few years ago after a few guys on the road spotted me in a dive bar hustling all night. They wanted me to go with them. I came home, packed, and promptly passed out. Ah, the good ol' days.

Sack </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
03-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Please answer my questions or slither away.

Seems fair, right?

LWW
03-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Well, the APA shows it on their map ... perhaps it's a city. In any event, if you actually sought a league you would have found one by now.

LWW

LWW
03-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Yep ... 19,000 peeps living there.

&gt;&gt;&gt;OH DEAR&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairmont,_West_Virginia)

LWW

hondo
03-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Do you vow by God that you are neither Flywheel or Monty?

Do you have a statement from Wilson stating that BG and I have the same IP?

Just answer the questions or crawl back in your hole.

hondo
03-10-2010, 03:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep ... 19,000 peeps living there.

&gt;&gt;&gt;OH DEAR&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairmont,_West_Virginia)

LWW </div></div>

$500 says it not a county.
We'll go through paypal. ( Oh, dear, how many beatdowns can you take?)

Meanwhile, just answer the questions or crawl back to your hole.

LWW
03-10-2010, 04:11 PM
You spin with the best bro.

LWW

wolfdancer
03-10-2010, 04:27 PM
why not answer the first question, then put up the $$$ to back up
your claim there, Mr.County Mo(u)nty?
I noticed your weak attempt to sidestep the issues.....
Why not just gather up your things, bubble gum wrapper, Captain Midnight secret decoder ring, Red Ryder BB gun, Little Orphan Annie lunch box...and don't fergets.... tchr....and head back to "no man's land".....
Yer # 1 over there....here, as I jes done tole "El profesora"...you are more like # 2

hondo
03-10-2010, 05:52 PM
First, answer the questions.
Second, put up the cash.
I said there is no county in WV called Fairmont.
You said, " Oh dear."

Where's the spin?

Debating you, I feel like Lennox Lewis boxing a strawweight.

You have nothing but lies and BS and you are being humiliated.

hondo
03-10-2010, 05:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why not answer the first question, then put up the $$$ to back up
your claim there, Mr.County Mo(u)nty?
I noticed your weak attempt to sidestep the issues.....
Why not just gather up your things, bubble gum wrapper, Captain Midnight secret decoder ring, Red Ryder BB gun, Little Orphan Annie lunch box...and don't fergets.... tchr....and head back to "no man's land".....
Yer # 1 over there....here, as I jes done tole "El profesora"...you are more like # 2 </div></div>

You have to admit, dub can take more humiliation than any ten posters.

He's actually too humiliated to leave.

He's keeps posting, hoping poor ole pathetic Johnny will
return, saying "Jesus loves you, sir dub."

But to Johnny's credit, he's even bailed on dub.
Or he's in the hospital with DTs, thinking dub's rants were
messages from Jesus.

HOLY HELTER SKELTER, Batman!!!!!

ugotda7
03-11-2010, 01:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, one good thing about getting tossed on AZ and posting

The best one pocket player for years in Clarksburg has been some old boy from Winchester, Va, they call Geronimo.

He used to beat me 8-5.
barbox 8 ball.

get around much. </div></div>

Yet here you are posting again?

I guess your "goodbye cruel world" posts were as meaningless as the rest of your posts - hey, at least you're consistent.

hondo
03-11-2010, 07:08 AM
dub called you back, huh?

Where's the rest of the Klan?

I imagine it's just a matter of time.

LWW
03-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Because you know I already acknowledged it was a city.

That doesn't change the fact that you claimed there were no leagues in your area and I found one in an adjoining county.

The spin is that you were caught in another "WOE IS HONDO!" tall tale and are trying to spin it on me that I didn't tell you the truth.

You should be thanking me for finding a league for you.

LWW

LWW
03-11-2010, 08:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, one good thing about getting tossed on AZ and posting

He used to beat me 8-5.
barbox 8 ball.

get around much. </div></div>

Yet here you are posting again?

I guess your "goodbye cruel world" posts were as meaningless as the rest of your posts - hey, at least you're consistent.

</div></div>

Have you ever seen a situation where hondo didn't claim to be the martyr?

LWW

ugotda7
03-11-2010, 10:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dub called you back, huh?

I imagine it's just a matter of time. </div></div>

I never left. I don't know.....where is the klan - if anybody would know it would be you.

So how's that not posting or replying to me workin' out for ya?

Gayle in MD
03-11-2010, 11:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dub called you back, huh?

I imagine it's just a matter of time. </div></div>

Hondo, who is this Ugotda? Is that a Muslim name? You aren't paling around with terrorists, are you?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hondo
03-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Fairmont plays in the Morgantown league.
If I knew how, I'd try to get involved.

When are you going to answer the questions?

hondo
03-11-2010, 12:26 PM
He is an AZ bully. Consumed with hate for me.

Appears to have no redeeming qualities that I can see.

Gets real hateful with even the most respected posters on AZ
who dare to disagrre with him.

His politics make Lotter look like a moderate.

Deeman3
03-11-2010, 01:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Hondo, who is this Ugotda? Is that a Muslim name? You aren't paling around with terrorists, are you?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Gayle,

I,for one, am shocked that you, of all people, would associate a perceived Muslim name with terrorists! This is profiling and we just won't have it here in the good old USA! JK

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

LWW
03-11-2010, 01:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fairmont plays in the Morgantown league.
If I knew how, I'd try to get involved.</div></div>

I bet if you asked they would tell you ... unless, of course, your reputation precedes you.

LWW

LWW
03-11-2010, 01:36 PM
If I'm a bully then why are you stalking me?

LWW

wolfdancer
03-11-2010, 01:39 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
03-11-2010, 01:41 PM
If she had any idea who UGOTDA7 was.

LWW

ugotda7
03-11-2010, 02:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is an AZ bully. Consumed with hate for me.

Appears to have no redeeming qualities that I can see.

Gets real hateful with even the most respected posters on AZ
who dare to disagrre with him.

His politics make Lotter look like a moderate. </div></div>

Still confused? Shocking.

Oh, if by hate you mean correcting your perpetual lies then I guess I'm guilty.

The irony is I wouldn't even be over here if you hadn't felt the need to whine and cry over here based on a bunch of lies to try and get some undeserving sympathy. That sure was well played by you huh? Well, at least you're getting some much needed attention.

pooltchr
03-11-2010, 02:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fairmont plays in the Morgantown league.
If I knew how, I'd try to get involved.

</div></div>

Call the league office, or one of the host locations. It's not that difficult at all.

hondo
03-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Not a Muslim but definitely a terrorist. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
03-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks.

hondo
03-11-2010, 04:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I'm a bully then why are you stalking me?

LWW </div></div>

Stop shadow-posting me.
It's against the law. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
03-11-2010, 04:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If she had any idea who UGOTDA7 was.

LWW </div></div>

More threats! Where does it end?

What's wrong with you people?

Have you no civility or common decency in you?

LWW
03-11-2010, 05:30 PM
But how could he claim to be deprived if he became responsible for finding his own solutions in life?

LWW

LWW
03-11-2010, 05:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a Muslim but definitely a terrorist. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

Truth be told ... you and Gayle both should be shining his shoes as thanks for what he has done for the 2 of you.

LWW

LWW
03-11-2010, 05:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If she had any idea who UGOTDA7 was.

LWW </div></div>

Have you no civility or common decency in you? </div></div>

Please quote the threat.

What's that?

There wasn't one?

You just made it all up?

Who would have thought that?

Tell me again about how you know all about "BIG GREEN" even though you can't access the forum ... yet somehow can still quote him from that forum.

All I need do is keep you talking ... you convict yourself.

LWW

hondo
03-11-2010, 10:49 PM
For his service, I thank him.

I respect all servicemaen for serving.

Other than that, he seems like a real creep. As do you.

hondo
03-11-2010, 10:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If she had any idea who UGOTDA7 was.

LWW </div></div>

Please quote the threat.

LWW </div></div>

" If she had any idea who UGOTDA7 was."
LWW

That was easy.

Gayle in MD
03-12-2010, 02:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Gayle,

I,for one, am shocked that you, of all people, would associate a perceived Muslim name with terrorists! This is profiling and we just won't have it here in the good old USA! JK

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span> </div></div> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

ugotda7
03-12-2010, 02:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If she had any idea who UGOTDA7 was.

LWW </div></div>

Please quote the threat.

LWW </div></div>

" If she had any idea who UGOTDA7 was."
LWW

That was easy.

</div></div>

That was a threat?

I tell you, it must be hard to survive day to day being as dumb as you continually demonstrate yourself to be.

LWW
03-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Actually he pulls it off without any trouble at all.

All you have to understand about hondo is that his entire reason for living is to be a victim ... under that mentality, everything is a threat.

LWW

LWW
03-12-2010, 07:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

[color:#FF0000] Gayle[/quote]

Why are you implying that being a muslim requires one to be a terrorist?

That seems racist and advocating profiling if you ask me.

LWW