PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Shooter Shot At Father/Son Finance Advisors

Gayle in MD
03-09-2010, 01:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Robert Mustard, Jr., the man accused of shooting two men at a Dallas office building on Monday morning, was apparently trying to get his revenge on a financial advisory firm that he believed had lost all his money.

According to the Fort Worth News, when Mustard approached his financial adviser, Richard Smith, 66, and his son, Chris, 39, in their office yesterday, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>he accused them of taking "all my money," before opening fire with a 45-caliber weapon. </span>
Mustard shot the elder Smith in the legs and his son -- who fled down an escalator into the lobby -- in the neck. With blood "gushing from both sides of his neck," witnesses told the AP that the younger Smith begged bank employees and customers for help:

"He was screaming and crying," said Abraham Achar, who was visiting his friend at the United Texas Bank on the first floor. "He said, 'He shot my dad.'"
When police arrived, Mustard was still on the premises, authorities said. Police shot at -- but missed -- the gunman, a disbarred lawyer, who then barricaded himself in an office and shot himself in the head.

WATCH WFAA's coverage:

</div></div>
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/09/robert-mustard-jr-dallas_n_491615.html

<span style="color: #000066">Is it my imagination or are these kinds of shooting tragedies increasing?

</span>

Deeman3
03-09-2010, 01:11 PM
They are. With the professor here in Alabama, the Dallas and Austin stuff, it seems to be more and more common every week. It may be just the hard times for a lot of folks that feel they no longer have a lot to lose and it just pushes already stressed people over the top.

Gayle in MD
03-09-2010, 01:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are. With the professor here in Alabama, the Dallas and Austin stuff, it seems to be more and more common every week. It may be just the hard times for a lot of folks that feel they no longer have a lot to lose and it just pushes already stressed people over the top. </div></div>

I and heard yesterday about this really nice man who owned a gas station near Baltimore, North of Baltimore, I think, who was shot and killed.

People in the neighborhood loved this guy, and his family. Long marriage, nothing unusual. All of the neighbors who lived around their home, thought they were such a great family. Some of the family worked in the station, too.

Then, last night it comes out that his wife, and relatives, were all arrested right at his grave site after his funeral!~!

Unbelievable!

G.

wolfdancer
03-09-2010, 02:05 PM
I hope that I'm somewhere near Ala., or touring Ohio,an hey, I've always wanted to revisit the Carolinas, especially after watching "Deliverance" on TV....... when I decide to go "postal"

Deeman3
03-09-2010, 02:14 PM
We are in a period where the values many of us share, not political in particular, are no longer shared by many. A human life to some is not even a consideration anymore and we see more and more, things we usually think of a gang like actions migrating into the mainstream. Not that we have not always had these violent people but now it seems they are in every community and in most social groups.

We, at times, almost become numbed to it and our expectations of what civil people should act like is twisted. My main concern is that the victims are all too often young kids and, they, unlike adults, have no defense against serial violence and torture. The random victims of nutcase shooters is bad but pales in comparison to the stuff we rarely really see coming out of the courts and disfunctional homes nowadays.

Tragic.

Gayle in MD
03-09-2010, 02:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope that I'm somewhere near Ala., or touring Ohio,an hey, I've always wanted to revisit the Carolinas, especially after watching "Deliverance" on TV....... when I decide to go "postal" </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Hey, Can I film the event? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
03-09-2010, 02:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are in a period where the values many of us share, not political in particular, are no longer shared by many. A human life to some is not even a consideration anymore and we see more and more, things we usually think of a gang like actions migrating into the mainstream. Not that we have not always had these violent people but now it seems they are in every community and in most social groups.

We, at times, almost become numbed to it and our expectations of what civil people should act like is twisted. My main concern is that the victims are all too often young kids and, they, unlike adults, have no defense against serial violence and torture. The random victims of nutcase shooters is bad but pales in comparison to the stuff we rarely really see coming out of the courts and disfunctional homes nowadays.

Tragic. </div></div>

Dysfunctional is right! So much of what we think we see, is really just an illusion, when it comes to summing up those around us.

Just like this family, they were white, well off, supposedly, got along well, supposedly, lived in a decent neighborhood... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I really do think emotional illnessses are far more common than most of us realize. Ill parents, raise ill children.

G.

pooltchr
03-09-2010, 02:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope that I'm somewhere near Ala., or touring Ohio,an hey, I've always wanted to revisit the Carolinas, especially after watching "Deliverance" on TV....... when I decide to go "postal" </div></div>

The movid Deliverance took place in Georgia. But if you want to go postal down here, bring it on. Just remember, you never know who is packing down here!

Steve

wolfdancer
03-09-2010, 03:01 PM
I used to play Golf on Mondays, for a couple of years with two postal employees....one a supervisor, the other a sorter. That ended shortly after the P.O. decided that everybody had to sort...right-handed, and John was a lefty. It was the other guys job to retrain him. To the best of my knowledge, John didn't "off" the other guy....
Well, at least I still have most of my marbles, but this poor guy:
losing your marbles (http://www.funnieststuff.net/viewmovie.php?id=1235)

Gayle in MD
03-09-2010, 03:19 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

eg8r
03-10-2010, 06:45 AM
It does seem like these types of stories are in the news more often. My guess is that when times are tough people snap and go crazy.

eg8r