PDA

View Full Version : # Of Millionaires Up 16% in 09

Gayle in MD
03-10-2010, 08:36 AM
<span style="color: #000066">Here is a good part of the reason why. </span>

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/financial/2010/03/15/100315ta_talk_surowiecki

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Special Interest
by James Surowiecki

It’s the time of year when a young man’s fancy lightly turns to thoughts of deductions and write-offs. One select group of Americans, though, has a more pressing tax-season task on its mind: preserving a lucrative loophole in the I.R.S. code. The provision allows money managers at privately held partnerships—like hedge and private-equity funds—to treat most of the money they make as capital gains rather than as ordinary income. That means that their income is often taxed at fifteen per cent, a much lower rate than it otherwise would be. In December, the House of Representatives passed a bill closing this loophole, the third time it has done so in three years. But it’s an open question whether the Senate will even take up the bill, let alone pass it.

In a typical private-equity fund, the managers get paid two per cent of assets as a regular fee, plus twenty per cent of the fund’s profits. They pay regular income tax on the two per cent. But on their share of the profits, which is called “carried interest,” they usually pay only long-term capital gains—even though they put up hardly any of the fund’s actual capital, most of which comes from outside investors. The difference in tax rates saves private-equity managers billions of dollars a year, and means that they pay taxes at a much lower rate than, say, your average lawyer. It also means that their taxes are lower than those of people who do the same kind of work, or get the same kind of pay, as they do. A general principle of good taxation is that similar jobs, and similar kinds of compensation, should be taxed the same way: otherwise, the government is effectively subsidizing some jobs over others. But the carried-interest tax break upends this rule. If you manage money for a mutual fund or a public company, you pay regular income taxes; do it for a private fund, and you pay capital gains. Similarly, when a corporate executive gets stock or stock options as a bonus for a job well done, it’s generally subject to income taxes; carried interest, which is also performance-related, isn’t. Like the rest of us, fund managers are being paid for their labor, but, unlike the rest of us, they get to pay taxes as if they were capital.

Opponents of reform have suggested that it will have a “chilling effect” on investment at a time when the economy needs all the help it can get. But doing away with the tax break for fund managers won’t change the incentives for the investors who actually put up the money for these partnerships, because their capital will still be taxed at the capital-gains rate. And while there have been worries that changing the rules could hurt other businesses that are set up as partnerships, like law firms or even mom-and-pop stores, it won’t: the reform proposals currently out there are restricted specifically to the investment business.

from the issue
cartoon bank
e-mail this
As a matter of policy and equity, then, doing away with the tax break makes sense, and the idea has been endorsed by many figures on Wall Street and by both conservative and liberal economists. At a congressional hearing on the subject, Warren Buffett said, “If you believe in taxing people who earn income on their occupation, I think you should tax people on carried interest.” And, more crassly, as a matter of politics in a time of populist fervor the idea seems like a winner. Yet carried interest endures. And its persistence is most important not for what it says about Wall Street but for what it says about Washington.

If we were starting from scratch, after all, it seems unlikely that the Senate would choose this particular moment to pass a bill subsidizing money managers to the tune of billions of dollars a year. But, because the tax break already exists, it exerts a kind of gravitational pull that makes it hard to get rid of. In part, that’s simple economics—those who benefit from the tax break have more money to lobby for it to be kept in place. Furthermore, while the cost of subsidies is spread out among all taxpayers, the benefits are highly concentrated, so, naturally, opposition is generally diluted and diffuse while support is intense. If you work in private equity, it’s possible that nothing the government does matters more than keeping this tax break intact. And this pattern is true not just of subsidies but of government programs in general: every government action creates a constituency with an interest in keeping that action going.

The tendency toward legislative inertia would be harmless if the outside world moved as slowly as Congress does. But, when the world changes and the rules don’t, opportunities to game the system are created, leaving us with results that no one intended. Carried interest is a quintessential example of this: when the law governing partnerships was passed, back in 1954, the goal was to make it easier for people to run what one law professor has termed “simple ventures.” No one imagined that the law would end up covering an industry that manages trillions of dollars in assets, and would cost the government billions in tax revenue. You can see the same problem at work in the case of farm subsidies, which have morphed from a way to keep small farmers afloat during the Great Depression into a multibillion-dollar handout to huge agribusiness companies. And something similar happened during the financial crisis, when outmoded regulations left the government ill equipped to deal with the collapse of huge financial institutions like A.I.G. and Lehman Brothers. (Remarkably, those regulations are still in place.) Too often, we’re using horse-and-buggy laws to deal with a Formula One world. We shouldn’t be too surprised when we get run over. ♦

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/talk/financial/2010/03/15/100315ta_talk_surowiecki#ixzz0hmar2A6b
</div></div>

LWW
03-10-2010, 10:08 AM
So under Obama the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

Glad you finally noticed.

LWW

pooltchr
03-10-2010, 10:25 AM
If this keeps up, we may all be millionaires soon....of course, by then, a loaf of bread will cost $20, and we will be paying $200k per year for our healthcare!!!

Steve

LWW
03-10-2010, 10:36 AM
The most amazing thing is that Gayle keeps posting articles that demonstrate the failure of the Obama presidency ... she can't be reading them.

In any event, if this continues here is the future of the US dollar. This:
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/03_01/ZimbabDollors3PA_468x628.jpg

$25,000,000.00 Zimbabwe dollars will buy a can of Coke.

Shops have taken to weighing money as it takes too long to count:
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/03_01/ZimbabDollorsPA_468x379.jpg

LWW

wolfdancer
03-10-2010, 01:59 PM
I see the usual suspects have replied....I can't imagine anything either of these two self-imagined "intellectuals" could come up with to counter the quoted text, so I'm guessing it's business as usual...."kill the messenger....."
Hey, these two good folks (did I write that?) may have something, like real important to do, and they have to keep interrupting their busy, dynamic day, to keep responding to you, because as one of them said, worrying that others might be unduly influenced by your "poison pen" posts...."I can't let her get away with that"....
"that" evidently being anything that goes against the grain...or as they called it in "1984"......"Bubbathink"
Or maybe since even others not living in the backwoods states are prone to turn on (the tv)tune in (Fox news) and drop out (of a free-thinking mode)...it might be better called:
"Duckspeak" meaning literally to quack like a duck or to speak without thinking. (GWB was the master of this)
Duckspeak is very useful to point out exactly what someone is saying.....
Here's a 1984, er 2004 article about the "man with no plan", GWB
George W. Bush
In his interview on "Meet the Press," the president proved he has mastered the Orwellian art of duckspeak.
By Christopher Ketcham

George W. Bush's unplugged performance with Tim Russert on Sunday offered hope for even the dumbest of men: You too can become president of the United States.

Yet Bush's apparent inanity conceals his immense talent as a political speaker. If one applies the principles of duckspeak to Bush's performance, he is a doubleplusgood doublethinker. Duckspeak, of course, is the language celebrated in George Orwell's "1984." Characterized by mindless invocation and the repetition of slogans, it was the highest form of speech in Orwell's nightmare demolition of the English language, Newspeak. Orwell wrote:

"Newspeak vocabulary was tiny, and new ways of reducing it were constantly being devised. Newspeak, indeed, differed from most all other languages in that its vocabulary grew smaller instead of larger every year. Each reduction was a gain, since the smaller the area of choice, the smaller the temptation to take thought. Ultimately it was hoped to make articulate speech issue from the larynx without involving the higher brain centres at all. This aim was frankly admitted in the Newspeak word duckspeak, meaning 'to quack like a duck'."
Here is a GWB speech in duckspeak:
President Bush: Quack quack quack winning the war against the terrorists. Quack quack war against terrorists quack war quack hide in caves quack quack quack shadowy networks quack rogue nations. Quack good intelligence system. We need really good intelligence quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack fighting this war on terror.
Footnote:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ultimately it was hoped to make articulate speech issue from the larynx without involving the higher brain centres at all. </div></div>
I believe tchr has ......

pooltchr
03-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Hey wolfie.
Why don't you get a life?

Steve

hondo
03-10-2010, 03:16 PM
When are you going to prove you are the man you claim you are and answer my questions?

Why are you still posting?

You have been exposed, outed.

There is nowhere to go, dub.

Leave while you have a little(very little) dignity left.

hondo
03-10-2010, 03:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey wolfie.

Steve </div></div>

Do we need another group hug?

wolfdancer
03-10-2010, 04:04 PM
you mean like a "close encounter of the third kind"? No thanks....I lose brain cells just reading them posts of his.

LWW
03-10-2010, 04:13 PM
So first you post how you don't read them ... followed by a post that you do.

LWW

pooltchr
03-10-2010, 04:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey wolfie.

Steve </div></div>

Do we need another group hug? </div></div>

Considering Wolfies obsession with me, I would be concerned he might become aroused!

Steve

wolfdancer
03-10-2010, 04:40 PM
It's a conundrum, of sorts....does he, or doesn't he....only his bartender knows for sure.
I'm jes thrilled myself, that an "intellectual" likes yerself, takes time out from rewriting the Constitution, and the Bible, to read my parables.....We haven't heard from your "faithful Indian companion"....????
Have you checked lately to see if JohnnyD has a pulse, or if there is any discernible brain activity? I'm concerned about his scotch drinking..."scotch in the morning , scotch in the evening, scotch at suppertime....."

Stretch
03-10-2010, 05:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When are you going to prove you are the man you claim you are and answer my questions?

Why are you still posting?

You have been exposed, outed.

There is nowhere to go, dub.

Leave while you have a little(very little) dignity left. </div></div>

Hondo

Hondo, like Wolf said he's irrelivent now. At least he's not useing Jesus as an excuse to be a narrow minded bigoted a-hole, but who knows? He might just invent another persona to fill that void in his life again. IMO his inflated ego can't cope with the fact that he's washed up here. So he desperately runs around from thread to thread trying to drum up repys with the same old hate mongering. It's kinda funny though, similar to watching him and Johnny with a bucket over thier heads running into a wall thinking that it's each other. St.

hondo
03-10-2010, 05:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So first you post how you don't read them ... followed by a post that you do.

LWW </div></div>

Just answer my questions or leave.

Your credibility is shot.

hondo
03-10-2010, 05:31 PM
I hope Johnny hasn't over-dosed.

There's only so many times you can drink triple shot
toasts to dub and Jesus without your liver failing.

Perhaps he left this forum in disgust after his idle ( :D)
was outed as a liar and a deceiver?

Or perhaps he's on a religious pilgrimage to Dayton packing
only his Bible and 6 cases of Old Bushmills "scotch."

hondo
03-10-2010, 05:33 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
03-10-2010, 05:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a conundrum, of sorts....does he, or doesn't he....only his bartender knows for sure.
I'm jes thrilled myself, that an "intellectual" likes yerself, takes time out from rewriting the Constitution, and the Bible, to read my parables.....We haven't heard from your "faithful Indian companion"....????
Have you checked lately to see if JohnnyD has a pulse, or if there is any discernible brain activity? I'm concerned about his scotch drinking..."scotch in the morning , scotch in the evening, scotch at suppertime....." </div></div>

Hey. don't wake him up. I like the scotch routine better than the quack routine.

Quack quack quack in the morning, Quack quack quack in the evening, quack quack quack at suppertime.

Actually, it always sounded more like wonk wonk wonk to me.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hondo
03-10-2010, 06:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So first you post how you don't read them ... followed by a post that you do.

LWW </div></div>

Answer my questions or leave.

WWJD?

hondo
03-10-2010, 06:03 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
03-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Hondo, you're starting to sound like Wolfie. Wolfie thinks this is his forum, and he decides who will and will not be allowed here.
And repeating yourself over and over sounds just like the other big leftie who can cut and paste the same response in 50 different threads.
Just let it go.

Steve

LWW
03-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Trolls of a feather sit under the bridge together.

My morbid fascination with our collectivist brethren and sistren on these 2 forums has been their insistence on having a Marxist echo chamber.

They cower in abject fear at the thought of actual adult discourse on the issues of the day ... which is why there is so little of it.

Have you noticed how the level of discussion has risen at AZB now that hondo, big green, mike 60, mike the bike, wolfdancer, hippie pool, and needs weight have went under the big bridge in the sky?

LWW

hondo
03-10-2010, 07:58 PM
I have tried to be nice to you.
I have to bridge the gap between you
and some of the Lefties.

I was booted off of AZ for complaining about the name-calling
and complaining on here about the bias of Wilson.
Then the Klan came on here and badgered me for days.
Then some loudmouth comes on AZ with some crude remarks.
All the Klan claims it was me even though this guy didn't remotely sound like me and wasn't anywhere near me in address.

dub runs his mouth and I call him on it.
They have constantly harassed me and I simply want to see his proof that I am that poster and I want him to take a vow by Jesus that he was not Monty or Flywheel.

Is that too much to ask? I swore by Jesus that I was not Big Green.

Why not support me on this? Or explain to me why my questions
are unreasonable? Especially in light of their harassment of me.

I await your answer.

hondo
03-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Why not answer the questions?

How can you continue to duck 3 easy questions like that?

LWW
03-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Have you seen this one?

http://animatedtv.about.com/library/graphics/crucified.jpg

LWW

hondo
03-10-2010, 08:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hondo, I have decided to answer your questions.
Perhaps this will put an end to your nonsense.

1. I cannot swear to God that I was not Monty or Flywheel because I am a Christian.
I was NOT Monty. My wife was. Of course I dictated her answers.
I WAS Flywheel and I am very sorry for lying.
Sometimes I just can't help myself and winning becomes more important than telling the truth.
I apologize to you, my Jesus, and my Johnny.

2. Sack is right. There is no evidence that you were Big Green.
We on AZ don't hate you, brother hondo, but we don't like
your politics and we wanted to make sure you are never allowed on there again.
It was a low move on our part and I want to sincerely apologize to you.

3. I want so desperately to be liked on this forum.
I'm not a bad guy. I am sorry I have been so hateful to you, Brother Wolf, ans Sister Gayle.
I just want to be liked.

Your friend, LWW.

LWW </div></div>

Brother Larry, I have to admit your post brought a tear to my eye.
Of course I forgive you.
I have been waiting for a honest post from you for years and your post will go a long way to healing the rift between you and the honest, decent folks on here.

Bless you, bro.

eg8r
03-10-2010, 09:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"># Of Millionaires Up 16% in 09 </div></div>Praise God. Only in America. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

sack316
03-11-2010, 12:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you seen this one?

http://animatedtv.about.com/library/graphics/crucified.jpg

LWW </div></div>

lol, a little while back I did a presentation on the history of the crucifixion in art. This was one of my slides! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

wolfdancer
03-11-2010, 01:19 AM
you are full of it, as usual

Qtec
03-11-2010, 04:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"># Of Millionaires Up 16% in 09 </div></div>Praise God. Only in America. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Really think Jesus would share your joy?

link (http://www.twopaths.com/story_SermonOnTheMount.htm)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Beatitudes (5:3-12)

Jesus said the truly fortunate people are those who are rich in the things that matter to God, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>not those who have money, power, popularity or fame.</span> <u>The things that are important in God's kingdom are often the opposite of the worldly things we find so attractive </u></div></div>

Here is something that is not in the GOP manifesto.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> # The merciful are generous, forgiving and compassionate. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>They try to relieve the suffering of other people. </span></div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"># The peacemakers work for reconciliation and understanding to prevent bitterness, family disputes, lawsuits, hostilities and war. </div></div>

Is that the Republican Party of today?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Being obsessed with collecting wealth is a sin similar to the idol worship prohibited by the First Commandment (Exodus 20:2-6, Colossians 3:5):

No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>You cannot serve both God and Money. </span>(NIV, Matthew 6:24)

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, and in their eagerness to be rich some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pains. (NRSV, 1 Timothy 6:10)
</div></div>

Money is man made but the RW Religious conservatives worship it. It the be all and end all. Nothing matters more. For all you guys compassion = Socialism.

Q

Gayle in MD
03-11-2010, 04:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"># Of Millionaires Up 16% in 09 </div></div>Praise God. Only in America. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

LOL, yep, only in America could Republicans block the efforts to restore the regulations which would help to prevent another Wall Street Ponzi theft like the one which added to the millionaire list. Wonder how many of the 16% walked away after cashing out on all the people who lost out on Wall Street.

Either way, when CEO's go from making 30 dollars to every dollar their employees make, to over 300 dollars to every dollar, in twenty years, it's a no brainer there is plenty re-distribution of wealth going on.

Republicans subsidized corporations to move their operations overseas. Changing this is one of the things on the Democratic agenda, along with tighter regulations on Wall Street, attacking Medicare and Medicaid fraud. Too bad some applaud the very un-christain thieves who milk the employment system, by unfairly exploiting their employees, or taking tax dollars in the form of subsidies, and moving their operations out of the country, then hiding profits offshore.

Your admiration for the wealthy is truly amusing. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

G.

hondo
03-11-2010, 06:36 AM

eg8r </div></div>

Hey, if other folks getting filthy stinking rich makes you happy,
I'm happy. Yee Haw!

hondo
03-11-2010, 06:37 AM
Excellent post, Q.

Gayle in MD
03-11-2010, 06:47 AM
Great Post Q.

LWW
03-11-2010, 08:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hondo, I have decided to answer your questions.
Perhaps this will put an end to your nonsense.

1. I cannot swear to God that I was not Monty or Flywheel because I am a Christian.
I was NOT Monty. My wife was. Of course I dictated her answers.
I WAS Flywheel and I am very sorry for lying.
Sometimes I just can't help myself and winning becomes more important than telling the truth.
I apologize to you, my Jesus, and my Johnny.

2. Sack is right. There is no evidence that you were Big Green.
We on AZ don't hate you, brother hondo, but we don't like
your politics and we wanted to make sure you are never allowed on there again.
It was a low move on our part and I want to sincerely apologize to you.

3. I want so desperately to be liked on this forum.
I'm not a bad guy. I am sorry I have been so hateful to you, Brother Wolf, ans Sister Gayle.
I just want to be liked.

Your friend, LWW.

LWW </div></div>

Brother Larry, I have to admit your post brought a tear to my eye.
Of course I forgive you.
I have been waiting for a honest post from you for years and your post will go a long way to healing the rift between you and the honest, decent folks on here.

Bless you, bro. </div></div>

You really do live in a fantasy world don't you?

LWW

eg8r
03-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Well, aren't you happy to see people succeed? Or do you only care about yourself?

eg8r

eg8r
03-11-2010, 10:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, yep, only in America could Republicans </div></div>blah blah blah.

I am happy for people being successful.

eg8r

eg8r
03-11-2010, 10:23 AM
I totally think Jesus would share my joy. Someone who has money or earns a lot of money is not acting against the Bible. There are verses that state is give you will be repaid 7 times the amount. Not bad.

eg8r

hondo
03-11-2010, 12:06 PM
You mean you were lying AGAIN!!!!!!!

hondo
03-11-2010, 12:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, aren't you happy to see people succeed?

eg8r </div></div>

Pizz on them. I am unhappy when hard working folks can't afford to live and pay for health insurance also.

Aren't you?

hondo
03-11-2010, 12:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I totally think Jesus would share my joy. Someone who has money or earns a lot of money is not acting against the Bible. There are verses that state is give you will be repaid 7 times the amount. Not bad.

eg8r </div></div>

Just goes to show that anybody can justify their beliefs with the Lord.

I know I do.

eg8r
03-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Those people are hard working folks also. Why do you get to pick "which" hard working folk get compensated for their hard work? The "exmaples" Gayle gave are not all-inclusive so why are you acting like they are?

eg8r

eg8r
03-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Can you tell me what part of the Bible refers to having money is bad? I am not talking about the love of money or anything else, just having a lot of money. I am not justifying anything (just answering a question) and would appreciate it if you would try a little harder not to judge.

eg8r

LWW
03-11-2010, 01:46 PM
What's funny is that Gayle and her collectivist minions despise those who created wealth and employ millions because of their efforts ... yet fawn all over the likes of Kerry, Kennedy, Rockefeller, Billary et al who have amassed/inherited great wealth and never contributed a whit to the national wealth.

Theirs is a very strange and twisted logic to come to those conclusions.

Let's not forget ... among Teddy's last acts on this mortal plane was making sure his heirs never had to pay "THEIR FAIR SHARE" in taxes.

LWW

hondo
03-11-2010, 04:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you tell me what part of the Bible refers to having money is bad? I am not talking about the love of money or anything else, just having a lot of money. I am not justifying anything (just answering a question) and would appreciate it if you would try a little harder not to judge.

eg8r </div></div>

Give up your wealth, my brother, and follow me.
I can show you the path to true enlightenment.

http://my.democrats.org/page/content/joindnc?source=OM_LB_yahoo_dnc-search_party

LWW
03-11-2010, 05:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, aren't you happy to see people succeed?

eg8r </div></div>

Pizz on them. I am unhappy when hard working folks can't afford to live and pay for health insurance also.

Aren't you? </div></div>

So why wouldn't you pay your employee a living wage? Why wouldn't you pay her healthcare? Why won't you tip your barber? Why do you hoard your wealth? Why do you complain when the state wants you to pay your fair share?

LWW

Qtec
03-11-2010, 05:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I totally think Jesus would share my joy. <u>Someone who has money or earns a lot of money <span style='font-size: 20pt'>is not acting against the Bible. </span></u>
eg8r </div></div>

That's a strawman. I never said or claimed that earning money was against the Bible.

I bet a whole bunch of those new millionaires were the Wall St crooks who sold everyone a box with a turd in it and called it a triple A investment. The same people who are responsible for the chaos that has destroyed the lives of so many people.
So you root for these worms that got their million $ bonus if you want to but don't bring God into it.

Q

Did God make money?

eg8r
03-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Sorry qtip but you never blame the person who bought into all those bad investments.

eg8r

LWW
03-11-2010, 10:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry qtip but you never blame the person who bought into all those bad investments.

eg8r </div></div>

Or the dems in congress who gave them cover.

Or the dems in congress who blocked the regulators for doing their jobs.

Or the dems who backed ACORN.

Or the dems who enacted CRIA.

Or that Clinton signed off on the repeal of Glass-Stigall.

The party tells him B-B-B-BOOOOSH DID IT!!! so that's all he believes.

Meanwhile, the party is borrowing the nation into oblivion to recapitalize the banking system so the process can be repeated.

LWW

hondo
03-11-2010, 10:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, aren't you happy to see people succeed?

eg8r </div></div>

Aren't you? </div></div>

So why wouldn't you pay your employee a living wage? Why wouldn't you pay her healthcare? Why won't you tip your barber? Why do you hoard your wealth? Why do you complain when the state wants you to pay your fair share?

LWW </div></div>

1. $18 an hour. provide lunch. drive her to and from work (30 miles)
2. My barber is a millionaire, an old friend and I pay $20 a haircut.

Truth vs. your hate-filled spins.

hondo
03-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Since you lie about everything

Refuse to admit that you are flywheel and monty
refuse to offer proof that I am Bg
drag your goons over here when you get trapped
constantly shadow post me

it's back to ignore for you.

I find your hate suffocating.

So long, creepy guy.

I suggest that all the decent posters put you on ignore.
You are a bad man.

Gayle in MD
03-12-2010, 02:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I totally think Jesus would share my joy. <u>Someone who has money or earns a lot of money <span style='font-size: 20pt'>is not acting against the Bible. </span></u>
eg8r </div></div>

That's a strawman. I never said or claimed that earning money was against the Bible.

I bet a whole bunch of those new millionaires were the Wall St crooks who sold everyone a box with a turd in it and called it a triple A investment. The same people who are responsible for the chaos that has destroyed the lives of so many people.
So you root for these worms that got their million $ bonus if you want to but don't bring God into it.

Q

Did God make money?

</div></div>

You have no idea how much typing you save me! And you are far better than I at making my points.

G.

cushioncrawler
03-12-2010, 05:09 AM
Gen 47:15
And when money failed in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, all the Egyptians came unto Joseph, and said, Give us bread: for why should we die in thy presence? for the money faileth.
Exd 22:25
If thou lend money to [any of] my people [that is] poor by thee, thou shalt not be to him as an usurer, neither shalt thou lay upon him usury.
Lev 27:15
And if he that sanctified it will redeem his house, then he shall add the fifth [part] of the money of thy estimation unto it, and it shall be his.
Deu 23:19
Thou shalt not lend upon usury to thy brother; usury of money, usury of victuals, usury of any thing that is lent upon usury:
Jhn 2:15
And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
1Ti 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Qtec
03-12-2010, 05:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry qtip but you never blame the person who bought into all those bad investments.

eg8r </div></div>

Why would anyone buy a bad investment if they knew it was a bad investment????????

AGAIN, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>the AAA investments they were sold are now commonly called <u>Toxic Assets</u></span>!

They got conned and you want to <u>blame the victim, not the criminal.</u>

Q

hondo
03-12-2010, 05:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Gen 47:15
And when money failed in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, all the Egyptians came unto Joseph, and said, Give us bread: for why should we die in thy presence? for the money faileth.
Exd 22:25
If thou lend money to [any of] my people [that is] poor by thee, thou shalt not be to him as an usurer, neither shalt thou lay upon him usury.
Lev 27:15
And if he that sanctified it will redeem his house, then he shall add the fifth [part] of the money of thy estimation unto it, and it shall be his.
Deu 23:19
Thou shalt not lend upon usury to thy brother; usury of money, usury of victuals, usury of any thing that is lent upon usury:
Jhn 2:15
And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
1Ti 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
</div></div>

Thank you, bro. Truth vs. truthyness.

eg8r
03-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Hondo explain what this has to do with people making money and you guys thinking it is bad?

eg8r

eg8r
03-12-2010, 01:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would anyone buy a bad investment if they knew it was a bad investment???????? </div></div>In those very specific examples people may have been conned, but that is not the majority, it is just another example of you guys looking for extreme examples as a fear tactic.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-13-2010, 06:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would anyone buy a bad investment if they knew it was a bad investment???????? </div></div>In those very specific examples people may have been conned, but that is not the majority, it is just another example of you guys looking for extreme examples as a fear tactic.

eg8r </div></div>

You are missing the point. You need to look at what happened on Wall Street as a systemic fraud against all investors.

You're always so eager to blame your fellow consumer, (guess that creates a scenario allowing you to feel smarter than the average bear????)..that you miss the overall picture.

Unbridled, unregulated fraud, is not a free market. Our economy is being destroyed by greedy corporate CEO's, China, and particularly OPEC.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

ugotda7
03-13-2010, 08:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hondo explain what this has to do with people making money and you guys thinking it is bad?

eg8r </div></div>

Good luck getting a coherent much less intelligent and well thought out answer to this.

wolfdancer
03-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Ed, ain't nothing wrong with folks making money.....except (and just something that I have read, as I still can't balance my checkbook..., so I don't claim any expertise on the economy) one of the things that led to the great depression, besides the 90% margins, in the stock market, was the concentration of wealth, by a very small percentage of the population. I read some time back that we have about that same concentration today.
Most people live on their income, the rich live off of their investments, thus their wealth increases, while the majority's remain static.
Wealth is power....and while we get to vote for the person of our choice....it's the candidate of their choice that is running for office.....course that's only my ideas and I could be wrong.

pooltchr
03-13-2010, 07:31 PM
[quote=...and while we get to vote for the person of our choice....it's the candidate of their choice that is running for office.....
[/quote]
Giving credit where credit is due, you have finally posted a well reasoned, cohesive, and, dare I say it, intelligent point.
Steve

Qtec
03-14-2010, 06:46 AM
Wrong. You are wrong. You are making a claim,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In those very specific examples people may have been conned, but that is not the majority,</div></div>

.and its nonsense. Anything factual to back it up?

Q

wolfdancer
03-14-2010, 02:39 PM
"Facts????"....we don't need no stinking facts.
If it is written, it is so!!!!

pooltchr
03-14-2010, 02:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Facts????"....we don't need no stinking facts.
</div></div>

We already knew that.

Steve

Gayle in MD
03-15-2010, 11:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Facts????"....we don't need no stinking facts.
If it is written, it is so!!!! </div></div>

I see the clueless cyberstalker is still hot on your posts, adding the usual pointless, irrelevant, self-serving statements with the usual condescending flare of the woefully misinformed.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/200193/How-to-Kill-Gnats-13-Fast-Facts

eg8r
03-15-2010, 12:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most people live on their income, the rich live off of their investments, thus their wealth increases, while the majority's remain static.
</div></div>I completely agree, but let's take this a little further. In order to change their position the wealthy only want to get more wealthy so they do the things that got them there. The poor, well they go out and buy plasma tv's, cigarettes and booze. Yeah, I know it is those evil credit card companies fault.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-15-2010, 12:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most people live on their income, the rich live off of their investments, thus their wealth increases, while the majority's remain static.
</div></div>I completely agree, but let's take this a little further. In order to change their position the wealthy only want to get more wealthy so they do the things that got them there. The poor, well they go out and buy plasma tv's, cigarettes and booze. Yeah, I know it is those evil credit card companies fault.

eg8r </div></div>

What does any of that have to do with Crooks on Wall STreet, bilking their investors?

Fraud is fraud, Ed, and this fraud was an extreme case, to say the least.

You admire crooks now?

G.

eg8r
03-15-2010, 12:13 PM
LOL, whatever qtip.

eg8r

wolfdancer
03-15-2010, 12:20 PM
An interesting book, maybe????
Free Lunch (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17808622)

eg8r
03-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Ask wolfie, he is the one that veered off track. Why did you not post this to him? Can't you see where I said "but let's take this a little further"?

I did not say I admire crooks and you did not say that all 16% were crooks. So quit picking and choosing when you are going to talk in general and then immeadiately choose to get specific.

All I said is that it is great that in America poor and middle class can and do become millionaires. Your thread says exactly that UNTIL you choose to focus on only those you perceive as crooks. I have always said you are doom and gloom and you never hesitate to prove me correct. This is fear mongering on your part but I am sure you are not going to admit it.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-15-2010, 12:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ask wolfie, he is the one that veered off track. Why did you not post this to him? Can't you see where I said "but let's take this a little further"?

I did not say I admire crooks and you did not say that all 16% were crooks. So quit picking and choosing when you are going to talk in general and then immeadiately choose to get specific.

All I said is that it is great that in America poor and middle class can and do become millionaires. Your thread says exactly that UNTIL you choose to focus on only those you perceive as crooks. I have always said you are doom and gloom and you never hesitate to prove me correct. This is fear mongering on your part but I am sure you are not going to admit it.

eg8r </div></div>

If you think this huge rise in the number of millionaires had nothing to do with the wholesale gouging and corruption by corporate CEO's, who bilked the world, and our country our of trillions upon trillions of wealth, then I have some real good real estate deals I can turn you onto.

wolfdancer
03-15-2010, 12:49 PM
you give a new meaning to "pick up the ball and run with it"
I'm always amazed at how you can turn a simple statement that goes agin yer class rule principles, and then go off on a tangent about others
If I believed in multiple lifetimes, I'd peg you, a couple hundred years ago, as a plantation owner, with lots of "Darkies" to work the fields for you.....
So, back to my original question....why can't you stay "on point" as I do, and stop adding in all these imagined "evils", and moral failings, of others just because they don't vote "big blue"?

eg8r
03-15-2010, 12:52 PM
LOL, you went off subject and I followed along. If you can't stay on point, don't get upset if I call you out for it.

eg8r

eg8r
03-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Were you going to answer my questions?

eg8r

pooltchr
03-15-2010, 01:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you think this huge rise in the number of millionaires had nothing to do with the wholesale gouging and corruption by corporate CEO's, who bilked the world, and our country our of trillions upon trillions of wealth, then I have some real good real estate deals I can turn you onto.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>
As the value of a dollar decreases, one would expect that the number of people who can accumulate a million of them would increase. And given what your master is doing to the economy, we might all be millionairs soon. Of course, a weekly trip to the grocery store might average a couple of thousand dollars.

Making a million is going to be far easier for this generation than it was for ours. But the value of that million is going to mean far less.

Steve

wolfdancer
03-15-2010, 05:58 PM
I've seen 12 yr old kids write better stuff on sidewalks then Mr. IQ.....who has recently added Barbra Streisand to his list of people dumber then him.
I wonder if he and lww gots da same ghost writer....as that recurrent claim runs through both of their posts.

pooltchr
03-15-2010, 06:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've seen 12 yr old kids write better stuff on sidewalks then Mr. IQ.....who has recently added Barbra Streisand to his list of people dumber then him.
I wonder if he and lww gots da same ghost writer....as that recurrent claim runs through both of their posts.
</div></div>

And this has to do with the topic of the thread how??????

Oh, wait. I forgot. Your job isn't to add anything to the discussion. You're just hear to attack and insult others.

What a boring life you must have!

Steve

pooltchr
03-15-2010, 06:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">added Barbra Streisand to his list of people dumber then him.

</div></div>

Shoot! I'll bet evey you are smarter than Barbara!

Steve

wolfdancer
03-15-2010, 06:51 PM
ya took the words outta my head, i think....
on another topic...."who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?" My "shadow" thinks he knows....also seems he objects to any tit for tat....believing that his insulting posts should not be replied to in a like manner.....
I think them "right only" rules, are in effect, right now, only on AZB, but given time...
I am at a disadvantage as if I reply to his stalking reply, then I will certainly be reported for stalking......
Strange (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UvMaNcxSSY&feature=related)

Gayle in MD
03-16-2010, 01:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ya took the words outta my head, i think....
on another topic...."who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?" My "shadow" thinks he knows....also seems he objects to any tit for tat....believing that his insulting posts should not be replied to in a like manner.....
I think them "right only" rules, are in effect, right now, only on AZB, but given time...
I am at a disadvantage as if I reply to his stalking reply, then I will certainly be reported for stalking......
Strange (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UvMaNcxSSY&feature=related) </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Total Ignore. It's the only way. There is nothing of value in their posts anyway.

G. </span>