PDA

View Full Version : There goes the neighborhood

wolfdancer
03-11-2010, 01:43 AM
XXX (http://green.yahoo.com/blog/guest_bloggers/24/all-black-penguin-discovered.html)

Gayle in MD
03-11-2010, 05:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> XXX (http://green.yahoo.com/blog/guest_bloggers/24/all-black-penguin-discovered.html) </div></div>

Did you watch that PBS series about researching various famous people's ancestry?

It was produced by the famous Professor Gates, of the "Police acted ridiculously" controversy. Brilliant man, extremely impressive, and after watching that program, the statement by the President, seemed quite correct to me.

Also, realized how many people actually have African blood. Probably all of us, since civilization began there.

Anyway, if you get the chance, watch it, it is really interesting.

wolfdancer
03-11-2010, 08:48 AM
thanks, I will.

Deeman3
03-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Jack,

As I told you earlier, if the dark brother penguin starts wearing bling, they'll cast him out. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I think there is a little AFrican blood in most of us as Gayle says. Just recently, I have noticed my pants falling down more often.

pooltchr
03-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Just pray you don't start wearing a ball cap sidesays!!!!!!!!!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Steve

eg8r
03-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Well, civilization started near the Garden of Eden.

eg8r

wolfdancer
03-11-2010, 02:51 PM
I have no African blood...and I got the proof...inside my athletic supporter....lol

LWW
03-11-2010, 03:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no African blood...and I got the proof...inside my athletic supporter....lol </div></div>

I'm sure nobody is surprised by that.

LWW

wolfdancer
03-13-2010, 04:50 PM
"Melanism is merely the dark pigmentation of skin, fur -- or in this case, feathers. The unique trait derives from increased melanin in the body. Genes may play a role, but so might other factors. While melanism is common in many different animal species (e.g., Washington D.C. is famous for its melanistic squirrels), the trait is extremely rare in penguins. All-black penguins are so rare there is practically no research on the subject -- biologists guess that perhaps one in every quarter million of penguins shows evidence of at least partial melanism, whereas the penguin we saw appears to be almost entirely (if not entirely).... melanistic."
Now, I'm wondering if "he" isn't also a little .....melancholy, as well????