PDA

View Full Version : Carville Poll

sack316
03-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Anyone see the stuff bout the Carville poll (from his organization Democracy Corps)? Something about more Americans feel we have LESS standing and respect in the world now than we did 2 years ago.

That result even shocked me. Don't necessarily agree or disagree, just surprised me to hear what most Americans thought on that matter.

Oh, and reminder: it was a CARVILLE poll. So any skewing would most definitely not be against Obama or dems.

Sack

Gayle in MD
03-11-2010, 06:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone see the stuff bout the Carville poll (from his organization Democracy Corps)? Something about more Americans feel we have LESS standing and respect in the world now than we did 2 years ago.

That result even shocked me. Don't necessarily agree or disagree, just surprised me to hear what most Americans thought on that matter.

Oh, and reminder: it was a CARVILLE poll. So any skewing would most definitely not be against Obama or dems.

Sack </div></div>

Doesn't surprise me after what most of us have had to watch on The Hill for the last year and a half.

The Tea Party stuff alone, has been a disgrace to watch. As an American, I often wonder what in the world the rest of the world is thinking about America.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Deeman3
03-11-2010, 08:09 AM
So, you guys are starting to finally miss Bush, right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
03-11-2010, 08:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, you guys are starting to finally miss Bush, right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gifWell, I did get more laughs out of the news when he was on there.

Miss Bush? Pahleeeze!

Qtec
03-11-2010, 07:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Something about more Americans feel we have LESS standing and respect in the world now than we did 2 years ago.
</div></div>

There was that one small matter of the world coming to the brink of economic disaster due to the greed of Wall St and the irresponsibility of the US Govt.
Millions are now worse of and lives have been thrown into chaos across the globe. Countries are going bankrupt. Everyone was affected.

Q

Qtec
03-12-2010, 05:18 AM
...............and its still happening.

Q

Gayle in MD
03-13-2010, 06:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Something about more Americans feel we have LESS standing and respect in the world now than we did 2 years ago.
</div></div>

There was that one small matter of the world coming to the brink of economic disaster due to the greed of Wall St and the irresponsibility of the US Govt.
Millions are now worse of and lives have been thrown into chaos across the globe. Countries are going bankrupt. Everyone was affected.

Q </div></div>

Awe no, really? Wall Street?

Gee, I thought that was all caused by the Community Reinvestment Act. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

cushioncrawler
03-13-2010, 12:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone see the stuff bout the Carville poll (from his organization Democracy Corps)? Something about more Americans feel we have LESS standing and respect in the world now than we did 2 years ago. That result even shocked me. Don't necessarily agree or disagree, just surprised me to hear what most Americans thought on that matter. Oh, and reminder: it was a CARVILLE poll. So any skewing would most definitely not be against Obama or dems. Sack</div></div>The rest of the world didnt think that the average dem polly woz allmost az stupid etc az the others. The rest of the world didnt think that the usofa planet of the apes system would reward pigs so well. The rest of the world didnt think that the average usofa citizen woz so stupid. The rest of the world thort that Obama kood overkum the usofa stupidity. The rest of the world woz stupid.
madMac.

cushioncrawler
03-13-2010, 12:46 PM
I apologize to pigs and apes -- pigs and apes are lovely animals.
What i dont like iz selfish greedy ignorant superstitious human apes -- the worst thing to happen to earth.
madMac.

pooltchr
03-13-2010, 07:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ The rest of the world thort that Obama kood overkum the usofa stupidity.
madMac. </div></div>

Overcome it?????? That is what he was counting on to get elected in the first place!!!!!!!!!

Steve

wolfdancer
03-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Seems like Sack wants to discredit a poll, just because it wasn't conducted by his party.
Say you forgot to add the "B" in a couple of times.
I fixed it up for you:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">woz allmost az(b) stupid etc az(b) the others. </div></div>

sack316
03-14-2010, 12:59 AM
Where in the world do you get the idea I was trying to discredit the poll?

Sack

Gayle in MD
03-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Sack,
You can use polls and poll numbers, but the fact is that when people are asked, specifically, under the poll numbers it turns out that most people do want HC Reform, and more than half of them, are angry because they want either single payer, or a public option. Many who say they don't like this bill, want it to be more aggressive, and more progressive.

Nevertheless, for all of the Republican fear mongering, if it passes, when people realize that their HC insurance Co.'s can't drop them, or deny them, any longer, and can't just inadvertantly quadruple the cost of their policies overnight, thanks to the Democratics, they will be happy about it, and that's exactly why Republicans want to block it.

I love the whining about "Behind closed doors" L&lt;AO, after REpublicans repeated the same statement over and over again. start over...lol, and after Cheney took the nations emergy policy behind closed doors, and went all the way to the Supreme Court, trying to keep the dirty deals he made, behind closed doors.

G.

sack316
03-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Is someone ghosting as me in this thread that I just can't see or something?

I posted a thread to say I was surprised about poll results about American's opinions of our own standing in the world currently as compared to 2 years ago. Translated: My being 'surprised' is personally complimentary to this admins job as a whole compared to the admin of 2 years prior.

Now I have one response that says I was trying to discredit a poll. And another that gets back into healthcare. Neither of which I came anywhere near mentioning/doing in this thread. Or did I miss something here?

Sack

wolfdancer
03-14-2010, 04:31 PM
it's a conundrum....of sorts
But right now, there is something more important on my mind, I am watching the discovery Channel....and good news,
after 3300 years, they have answered the question:
"Who's your daddy?"
It turns out King Tut's old man, was... Akhenaten....(I always suspected as much)....and keeping it "all in the family", Tut married his half sister" tut, tut!!

sack316
03-14-2010, 04:55 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
03-15-2010, 11:59 AM
LOL, it is no surprise that the two of them did not bother to read your post and actually have an opinion about. Nope they want to change the subject.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-15-2010, 12:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is someone ghosting as me in this thread that I just can't see or something?

I posted a thread to say I was surprised about poll results about American's opinions of our own standing in the world currently as compared to 2 years ago. Translated: My being 'surprised' is personally complimentary to this admins job as a whole compared to the admin of 2 years prior.

Now I have one response that says I was trying to discredit a poll. And another that gets back into healthcare. Neither of which I came anywhere near mentioning/doing in this thread. Or did I miss something here?

Sack </div></div>

Yep, I was giving an example, using the health care polls, as to polls, in general.

G.

sack316
03-15-2010, 12:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yep, I was giving an example, using the health care polls, as to polls, in general.

G. </div></div>

Ah, ok gotcha. But be careful, your buddy doesn't like that sometimes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Amazing how your side always tries to compare events to something else in an attempt to discredit them... </div></div>

At any rate, I agree with you on polls. But they have been consistently used on here (you yourself refer to them regularly). As do I. Regardless, they do tend to provide for at least a decent basis for discussion I suppose.

Sack

wolfdancer
03-15-2010, 12:15 PM
poor Sack, he just can't keep up as the thread moves left of center...

Gayle in MD
03-15-2010, 12:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G. </div></div>

Ah, ok gotcha. But be careful, your buddy doesn't like that sometimes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Amazing how your side always tries to compare events to something else in an attempt to discredit them... </div></div>

At any rate, I agree with you on polls. But they have been consistently used on here (you yourself refer to them regularly). As do I. Regardless, they do tend to provide for at least a decent basis for discussion I suppose.

Sack </div></div>

I think Q's answer was straight to the point, don't you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> There was that one small matter of the world coming to the brink of economic disaster due to the greed of Wall St and the irresponsibility of the US Govt.

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Oh, and as for Wolfie, I'm always partial to Wolf, you know that.

Actually, lot of folks don't get his humor.... </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

sack316
03-15-2010, 12:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">poor Sack, he just can't keep up as the thread moves left of center... </div></div>

Well guess that still at least has me 'keeping up' half the time anyway. Better than some can say, eh?

Sack

sack316
03-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah I love me some Wolfie too, to be totally honest. I'm not sure if even he gets his humor... he is that complex.

And yeah, Q gave a very good answer. I thought I had written him something to the effect of a "fair enough" response, but it appears I did not.

But to that point, it's gonna take some fixing to get that opinion changed. Thus far there has been no improvement (in terms of world perspective on us) sans the original excitement of new blood running the show. That seems to have worn off a bit. Which is what I was surprised about originally.

Sack

Gayle in MD
03-18-2010, 09:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I love me some Wolfie too, to be totally honest. I'm not sure if even he gets his humor... he is that complex.

And yeah, Q gave a very good answer. I thought I had written him something to the effect of a "fair enough" response, but it appears I did not.

But to that point, it's gonna take some fixing to get that opinion changed. Thus far there has been no improvement (in terms of world perspective on us) sans the original excitement of new blood running the show. That seems to have worn off a bit. Which is what I was surprised about originally.

Sack </div></div>

Well, as Q pointed out, our financial thieves did cost a boatload of trouble for a number of other countries, and then, there is the little matter of we have no chioce but to finish up the very unpopular messes leftover from Bush,, ie., occupation in Iraq and Afghanistan, which was never popular around the world under Bush's administration.

I do think, though, that it should be clear, that there are vast improvments under the oversight of the current President, in that regard.

Pakistan, is cooperating with us, in many more ways now, which is extremely valuable, both in recent successes of killing off al Qaeda and Taliban operatives, and in finally closing in on accomplishing what we should have been focused on all along, destroying al Qaeda, getting bin Laden, and working to enhance the ability of moderates in the region, to defend themselves from the radical elements, and bring more stability to the region...

G.

Qtec
03-18-2010, 01:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And yeah, Q gave a very good answer. I thought I had written him something to the effect of a "fair enough" response, but it appears I did not. </div></div>

I wasn't blaming you Sack.........I was just stating a fact that many in the USA seem to forget or be unaware of.

In Iceland, the side walks are heated! link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_energy_in_Iceland)

Thanks to Wall St,the US banks and the fraud they perpetrated, every person in that country now owes $30,000 because of the fall of the Icelandic Bank.

Q

Deeman3
03-18-2010, 01:41 PM
You know, when people are asked about HCR, they are told it is budget neutral, which it may be. The direct taxes may be close if governement works as it has never before in histroy to actually stay in budget. What they don't say is that the $500 billion in new taxes on small business while not technically a "tax" it will be paid by consumers in higher costs and reduced jobs offered by those businesses who can't afford it. As well, the "fines" for no having insurance is again not counted as a budget item but will, as opposed to Obama's promise raise the costs to middle class workers.

Those who would have you believe that the $500 billion taken out of Medicare will not be "replaced" by a later congress have not been paying attention for the last 50 years.

This is a train wreck and all but the most ardent Obama supporters know it. The god thing is that it will be the Democrats bill, on their shoulders and they have to hope they can count on those who showed up to vote for Obama in unprecedented numbers for minorities will do so for the Dems over the next few years.

They may think people will forget this as it slow growth and transfers funds from the working class to the welfare class but they will not. This, even to me, is a very expensive way of getting rid of the people in office, so expensive the damage may never be overcome, even with future corective legislation. By then, the workers (most) will have joined the persons who see it as easier to milk the system than to work for it.

sack316
03-18-2010, 03:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I wasn't blaming you Sack.........I was just stating a fact that many in the USA seem to forget or be unaware of.
</div></div>

That point has actually long been my answer as to why other countries hate us. My answer to that question is always "Well, they hate us because we don't know why they hate us".

Sacl