PDA

View Full Version : Yusuf Islam

wolfdancer
03-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Who said that Muslims don't write and play good music?
Moonshadow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtgXus3eiII)

Chilled
03-14-2010, 04:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who said that Muslims don't write and play good music?
Moonshadow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtgXus3eiII) </div></div>

Yusuf Islam certainly writes and performs some good stuff.

However, "Moonshadow" was written by him when he was plain old Cat Stevens and released as an album track quite a considerable number of years before he ever became a muslim.

Technical foul!? Lol.

I remember several youthful discussions many years ago as regards what the hidden meanings of the lyrics might have been. The conclusions often largely depended on what those discussing it had been smoking. Great song anyway.

LWW
03-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Yep ... wolfie's groovin out on the tunes of an Islamic fundamentalist who supported the death sentence issued against Rashdie by Khomeinei and is alleged to have given financial support to anti semitic groups in the mideast.

LWW

pooltchr
03-14-2010, 07:22 AM
Larry,
That's going a little overboard. I personally enjoy watching movies starring actors whth whom I have serious differences with politically. Same thing with music. Most peoples politics have nothing to do with how well they do their job. (The obvious exception is politicians!)
The fact that Barbara Strisand is an idiot takes nothing away from her voice. Mel Gibson may well be a toad, but his movies are still entertaining.
Let's face the fact that people who may well otherwise be very nice people, can really act like jerks over politics. I could give a couple of good examples right here, but it's Sunday morning and I'm going to be nice.

Steve

LWW
03-14-2010, 08:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larry,
That's going a little overboard.

Steve </div></div>

Perhaps.

OTOS ... it is an accurate statement, wolfie chose to bring religion into it, and I'm holding him to his own standards he demands of others.

As for myself, I enjoy the music of Cat Stevens. Yusuf Islam is asupporter of those who kill innocents.

LWW

LWW
03-14-2010, 09:06 AM
As a follow up ... before wolfie attempts to twist this ... I'm not accusing wolfie of being a terrorist.

LWW

wolfdancer
03-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Do you think that I could have dug that up, and not have known that? I was on youtube looking for that song, when I found out about the name change, etc.

wolfdancer
03-14-2010, 02:23 PM
yeah, if one likes "Moonshadow"....by Cat Stevens....they must be in bed with the terrorists.
Makes about as much sense as the rest of your posts.

cushioncrawler
03-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Terrorism
3:151 "We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve."

4:74 "Fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

4:76 "Those who believe do battle for the cause of Allah; and those who disbelieve do battle for the cause of idols. So fight the minions of the devil."

4:91 "Take them and kill them wherever ye find them. Against such We have given you clear warrant."

8:12 "I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger."

21:97 "Behold them, staring wide (in terror), the eyes of those who disbelieve!"

33:35-36 "Allah repulsed the disbelievers. ... He brought those of the People of the Scripture who supported them down from their strongholds, and cast panic into their hearts. Some ye slew, and ye made captive some.

59:2 "He it is Who hath caused those of the People of the Scripture who disbelieved to go forth from their homes unto the first exile. Ye deemed not that they would go forth, while they deemed that their strongholds would protect them from Allah. But Allah reached them from a place whereof they recked not, and cast terror in their hearts so that they ruined their houses with their own hands and the hands of the believers. So learn a lesson, O ye who have eyes!"

59:13 "Ye are more awful as a fear in their bosoms than Allah.

cushioncrawler
03-14-2010, 03:41 PM
What the Quran says about Holy War
Slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out ... if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. 2:191

Warfare is ordained for you, though it is hateful unto you. 2:216

Fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward. 4:74

Those who believe do battle for the cause of Allah; and those who disbelieve do battle for the cause of idols. So fight the minions of the devil. 4:76

They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve, that ye may be upon a level (with them). So choose not friends from them till they forsake their homes in the way of Allah; if they turn back (to enmity) then take them and kill them wherever ye find them, and choose no friend nor helper from among them. 4:89

If they keep not aloof from you nor offer you peace nor hold their hands, then take them and kill them wherever ye find them. Against such We have given you clear warrant. 4:91

The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom. 5:33

I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger. 8:12

When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them. Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless manoeuvring for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end. Ye (Muslims) slew them not, but Allah slew them. And thou (Muhammad) threwest not when thou didst throw, but Allah threw. 8:15-17

And let not those who disbelieve suppose that they can outstrip (Allah's Purpose). Lo! they cannot escape. Make ready for them all thou canst of (armed) force and of horses tethered, that thereby ye may dismay the enemy of Allah and your enemy, and others beside them whom ye know not. Allah knoweth them. 8:59-60

Exhort the believers to fight. If there be of you twenty steadfast they shall overcome two hundred, and if there be of you a hundred (steadfast) they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they (the disbelievers) are a folk without intelligence. 8:65

It is not for any prophet to have captives until he hath made slaughter in the land. 8:67

Slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. 9:5

If they ... assail your religion, then fight the heads of disbelief ... Will ye not fight a folk who broke their solemn pledges, and purposed to drive out the messenger and did attack you first? What! Fear ye them? Now Allah hath more right that ye should fear Him, if ye are believers Fight them! Allah will chastise them at your hands, and He will lay them low and give you victory over them. 9:12-14

O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites! Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. 9:73

Believers ... shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. 9:111

O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you. 9:123

Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks. 47:4

wolfdancer
03-14-2010, 03:49 PM
imagine that...liking the Moonshadow" song...I support all that?
Good thing I didn't mention that I also like
Morning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TWd3skb-Rw)
There might be (K)nights in white satin....burning crosses in front of my house (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muzyOd4Lh8)

cushioncrawler
03-14-2010, 04:07 PM
54: The Moon
54:1 The hour drew nigh and the moon was rent in twain. TWO MOONS.

71:16 And hath made the moon a light therein, and made the sun a lamp ? THE MOON MAKES ITS OWN LIGHT.

25:61 Blessed be He Who hath placed in the heaven mansions of the stars, and hath placed therein a great lamp and a moon giving light!

13:15 And unto Allah falleth prostrate whosoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, as do their shadows in the morning and the evening hours. ALL SHADOWS PROSTRATE TO ALLAH TWICE A DAY.

LWW
03-14-2010, 04:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">imagine that...liking the Moonshadow" song...I support all that?</div></div>

Who said you supported all that?

What's that?

Nobody?

I didn't think so.

LWW

cushioncrawler
03-14-2010, 05:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">imagine that...liking the Moonshadow" song...I support all that?
Good thing I didn't mention that I also like
Morning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TWd3skb-Rw)
There might be (K)nights in white satin....burning crosses in front of my house (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muzyOd4Lh8) </div></div>Woofly -- Knights in white satin iz of course about suicide.
madMac.

(k)Nights in white satin, never reaching the end
Letters I've written, never meaning to send
Beauty I'd always missed with these eyes before
Just what the truth is, I can't say anymore

'Cause I love you
Yes, I love you
Oh, how I love you

Gazing at people, some hand in hand
Just what I'm going through they can't understand
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend
Just what you want to be you will be in the end

And I love you
Yes, I love you
Oh, how I love you
Oh, how I love you

Nights in white satin, never reaching the end
Letters I've written, never meaning to send
Beauty I've always missed with these eyes before
Just what the truth is, I can't say anymore

'Cause I love you
Yes, I love you
Oh, how I love you
Oh, how I love you

'Cause I love you
Yes, I love you
Oh, how I love you
Oh, how I love you

Spoken:
Breathe deep the gathering gloom
Watch lights fade from every room
Bedsitter people look back and lament
Another day's useless energy spent

Impassioned lovers wrestle as one
Lonely man cries for love and has none
New mother picks up and suckles her son
Senior citizens wish they were young

Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colors from our sight
Red is gray and yellow white
But we decide which is right
And which is an Illusion

Chilled
03-14-2010, 08:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you think that I could have dug that up, and not have known that? </div></div>

Wouldn't have thought so no, but then again I also wouldn't have thought that anyone who had dug the clip up and who knew that "Moonshadow" wasn't written by a muslim would proceed to then post it as an example of good music written by a muslim. What's that all about?

Not being a mind reader, all I did was read the words in the opening post in a thread titled "Yusuf Islam" which were as follows.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who said that Muslims don't write and play good music? Moonshadow</div></div>

Now what else do you think those words in that context can possibly mean to a reader other than that the writer thinks that Moonshadow is good music written and played by the muslim Yusuf Islam and that the writer therefore wants to know who says that muslims can't write and play good music like Moonshadow? Honestly, can it ever mean anything else?

I'm quite surprised that your thread was aggressively and unecessarily torpedoed by the tone of the post from someone else which came right after mine. That post seemed a bit WTF! to me. I can only assume that is because of some history between you and him on this subject.

My post contained nothing but very friendly gentle banter. I expected the thread to continue in that vein and had no idea that someone would then dive in firing a sawn off shotgun at you, the singer and muslim terrorists.

It's good music whether it was written by a christian, a muslim, a bhuddist or Robert Mitchum as a a snake oil selling fake lay preacher and it has stood the test of time. Thanks for helping us listen to it again.

PS......Loved "Nights in white satin" too. On some reflective days used to listen to it in a darkened room along with other slow paced things like "Albatross"........try printing the lyrics to that Madmac lol.

wolfdancer
03-15-2010, 03:24 AM
The thing is...I wrote the post in a joking manner, and like a comedian once said, "don't worry if you didn't get the joke, sometimes I tell them for my own amusement"....
I think you knew that...but of course...you couldn't pass up the chance to show the world....
By the way...type in "Moonshadow" on Youtube...and Cat Stevens name comes up...not Yusef Islam
Just ignore my posts....they aren't meant for a high intellect like yourself, anyway.

Chilled
03-15-2010, 05:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The thing is...I wrote the post in a joking manner, and like a comedian once said, "don't worry if you didn't get the joke, sometimes I tell them for my own amusement"....
I think you knew that...but of course...you couldn't pass up the chance to show the world....
By the way...type in "Moonshadow" on Youtube...and Cat Stevens name comes up...not Yusef Islam
Just ignore my posts....they aren't meant for a high intellect like yourself, anyway.

</div></div>

WTF!?

What a strange way to deal with normal polite correspondence from someone who hasn't crticised you in any way. Fair enough, if that's how you want it to be.

I'll come clean and admit it......pretending to think, for no apparent purpose, that Moonshadow was written by a muslim is such a finely tuned and well disguised piece of intentional belly aching hilarity that I just didn't have a good enough sense of humour to spot it, even now that I know it's there.

I suspect Inspector Clousseau himself would struggle to find it and he has the dual qualifications of being both a detective and funny.

If you're not careful someone might think you're fibbing rather than just say you made a minor slip.

Then again you could always divert attention again by introducing unprovoked insults and irrelevant but no doubt highly qualified assessments of the intellect of other posters.

LWW
03-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Welcome to wolfie's world.

LWW

Deeman3
03-15-2010, 06:37 AM
I think his new music is good as well. I saw him in concert a year ago. Does that make me a terrorist? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

cushioncrawler
03-15-2010, 03:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chilled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">......Loved "Nights in white satin" too. On some reflective days used to listen to it in a darkened room along with other slow paced things like "Albatross"........try printing the lyrics to that Madmac lol.</div></div>I will checkOut Albatross -- but its "louie louie" that i hav truble with.
...................Lyrics investigation wiki...........
In February, 1964, an outraged parent wrote to Robert Kennedy, then the attorney general of the United States, alleging that the lyrics of "Louie Louie" were obscene. The Federal Bureau of Investigation investigated the complaint. In June, 1965, the FBI laboratory obtained a copy of the recording and, after two years of investigation, concluded that the recording could not be interpreted, that it was "unintelligible at any speed," and therefore the Bureau could not find that the recording was obscene. In September, 1965, an FBI agent interviewed one member of the Kingsmen. He denied that there was any obscenity in the song.[citation needed] The lyrics controversy resurfaced briefly in 2005 when the superintendent of the school system in Benton Harbor, Michigan refused to let the marching band at one of the schools play the song in a parade. She later relented.[8][9]

wolfdancer
03-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Chill out !!!

wolfdancer
03-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Maybe I should send my intended posts to you first, along with an explanation, and you can parse them for any grammatical errors, and make sure they are p.c. as well.
As for Inspector Clousseau....just your typical, inept, right wing *******. (IMHO)
You really should avoid my posts as I don't always dot my i's, nor cross my t's....don't even make much sense, sometimes....and I'm sure that would be frustrating to an English major, and political scholar, like yourself

pooltchr
03-15-2010, 05:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I ...don't even make much sense,
</div></div>

Another point we can agree upon!

Steve

wolfdancer
03-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Wonder what would have happened if I mentioned Procol Harum, instead of Yusaf?..... ??? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA&feature=related)
I'd probably have been accused of racism, by the thought police here

Chilled
03-15-2010, 11:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe I should send my intended posts to you first, along with an explanation, and you can parse them for any grammatical errors, and make sure they are p.c. as well.
As for Inspector Clousseau....just your typical, inept, right wing *******. (IMHO)
You really should avoid my posts as I don't always dot my i's, nor cross my t's....don't even make much sense, sometimes....and I'm sure that would be frustrating to an English major, and political scholar, like yourself </div></div>

Are you capable of posting anything other than jibes in a sneering tone? You've done little else in this thread.

Despite your apparent paranoia, there aren't actually rightie/leftie hating ghosts behind every post and despite your apparent persecution complex everybody isn't out to get you. You are way off base in your conclusions. I have very little interest in politics and I haven't made any posts that are political. I understood when joining that this was the non-pool section, not the politics section. You might contrive to see politics in everything and you might see politics as the driving force in your posting activity, that's your right, good luck to you with that, but don't judge everyone else by yourself.

In the ability to 'have a clue' department it seems Clousseau can give you the 6 and the breaks despite being an incompetent French buffoon. Contrary to the impression you are dishonestly trying to create, l haven't criticised the format of your posts or your grammar or your spelling. In fact I haven't criticised anything at all about any of your posts, not even in my comments on the opening post in this thread which ruffled your feathers for some reason, but don't let the truth or facts get in the way of a good old invented persecution whinge.

Have an honest little look back at this thread. You seem to have conveniently forgotten or deliberately put blinkers on to the fact that I didn't criticise you or your post in any way nor say a word against you personally until YOU, all by yourself, without any provocation at all, suddenly started flinging unprovoked insults at me.

Now you seem surprised that anyone would dare to even reply to the kind of stuff that YOU yourself voluntarily instigated. That earmarks you as a bully, or that you'd like to be a bully. Like all bullies you're now squealing when a new kid in class who you decided to start goading and prodding with a sharp stick because he appears placid happens to then turn round, snap your stick and smack you in the mouth in metaphorical kind.

I treat everyone the way they treat me. If you'd done the same from the start of this thread you wouldn't have caused things to get to this. Grow up.

Chilled
03-15-2010, 11:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chilled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">......Loved "Nights in white satin" too. On some reflective days used to listen to it in a darkened room along with other slow paced things like "Albatross"........try printing the lyrics to that Madmac lol.</div></div>I will checkOut Albatross -- but its "louie louie" that i hav truble with.
In February, 1964, an outraged parent wrote to Robert Kennedy, then the attorney general of the United States, alleging that the lyrics of "Louie Louie" were obscene. The Federal Bureau of Investigation investigated the complaint. In June, 1965, the FBI laboratory obtained a copy of the recording and, after two years of investigation, concluded that the recording could not be interpreted, that it was "unintelligible at any speed," and therefore the Bureau could not find that the recording was obscene. In September, 1965, an FBI agent interviewed one member of the Kingsmen. He denied that there was any obscenity in the song.[citation needed] The lyrics controversy resurfaced briefly in 2005 when the superintendent of the school system in Benton Harbor, Michigan refused to let the marching band at one of the schools play the song in a parade. She later relented.[8][9] </div></div>

Know what you mean madMac. I gave up lots of years ago trying to make sense of Louie Louie. Some of the REM stuff takes a bit of understanding as well. I'm sure there are many others too.

On a more straightforward front....Carly Simon never did own up to who she was singing about either, maybe one day.

Let us know when you've found the lyrics to Albatross, some of us know them by heart and will never forget a word lol.

Stretch
03-16-2010, 12:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chilled</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chilled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">......Loved "Nights in white satin" too. On some reflective days used to listen to it in a darkened room along with other slow paced things like "Albatross"........try printing the lyrics to that Madmac lol.</div></div>I will checkOut Albatross -- but its "louie louie" that i hav truble with.
In February, 1964, an outraged parent wrote to Robert Kennedy, then the attorney general of the United States, alleging that the lyrics of "Louie Louie" were obscene. The Federal Bureau of Investigation investigated the complaint. In June, 1965, the FBI laboratory obtained a copy of the recording and, after two years of investigation, concluded that the recording could not be interpreted, that it was "unintelligible at any speed," and therefore the Bureau could not find that the recording was obscene. In September, 1965, an FBI agent interviewed one member of the Kingsmen. He denied that there was any obscenity in the song.[citation needed] The lyrics controversy resurfaced briefly in 2005 when the superintendent of the school system in Benton Harbor, Michigan refused to let the marching band at one of the schools play the song in a parade. She later relented.[8][9] </div></div>

Know what you mean madMac. I gave up lots of years ago trying to make sense of Louie Louie. Some of the REM stuff takes a bit of understanding as well. I'm sure there are many others too.

On a more straightforward front....Carly Simon never did own up to who she was singing about either, maybe one day.

Let us know when you've found the lyrics to Albatross, some of us know them by heart and will never forget a word lol. </div></div>

Carly Simon was singing about Warren Beaty. I heard that somewhere, can't remember where. St.

Chilled
03-16-2010, 01:02 AM
Yep Stretch, Beatty's always been the bookies' favourite with assorted others close behind including Jagger and Kristoffersen, even her husband James Taylor.

Carly has been interviewed by so many people about it several times, the most recent not that long ago and she still point blank refuses to tell.

There's one exception to that.....she did auction off the secret quite a few years ago for a lot of money in a charity event but the buyer, some US chat show host or something like that, had to agree not to reveal the secret.

Maybe on her death bed or after she dies lol.

Stretch
03-16-2010, 01:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chilled</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe I should send my intended posts to you first, along with an explanation, and you can parse them for any grammatical errors, and make sure they are p.c. as well.
You really should avoid my posts as I don't always dot my i's, nor cross my t's....don't even make much sense, sometimes....and I'm sure that would be frustrating to an English major, and political scholar, like yourself </div></div>

Are you capable of posting anything other than jibes in a sneering tone? You've done little else in this thread.

Despite your apparent paranoia, there aren't actually rightie/leftie hating ghosts behind every post and despite your apparent persecution complex everybody isn't out to get you. You are way off base in your conclusions. I have very little interest in politics and I haven't made any posts that are political. I understood when joining that this was the non-pool section, not the politics section. You might contrive to see politics in everything and you might see politics as the driving force in your posting activity, that's your right, good luck to you with that, but don't judge everyone else by yourself.

In the ability to 'have a clue' department it seems Clousseau can give you the 6 and the breaks despite being an incompetent French buffoon. Contrary to the impression you are dishonestly trying to create, l haven't criticised the format of your posts or your grammar or your spelling. In fact I haven't criticised anything at all about any of your posts, not even in my comments on the opening post in this thread which ruffled your feathers for some reason, but don't let the truth or facts get in the way of a good old invented persecution whinge.

Have an honest little look back at this thread. You seem to have conveniently forgotten or deliberately put blinkers on to the fact that I didn't criticise you or your post in any way nor say a word against you personally until YOU, all by yourself, without any provocation at all, suddenly started flinging unprovoked insults at me.

Now you seem surprised that anyone would dare to even reply to the kind of stuff that YOU yourself voluntarily instigated. That earmarks you as a bully, or that you'd like to be a bully. Like all bullies you're now squealing when a new kid in class who you decided to start goading and prodding with a sharp stick because he appears placid happens to then turn round, snap your stick and smack you in the mouth in metaphorical kind.

I treat everyone the way they treat me. If you'd done the same from the start of this thread you wouldn't have caused things to get to this. Grow up.

</div></div>

WOW! I can hardly wait till LWW pisses you off.....unless of course it was him that brought you here. He does that you know, brings in goons from other forumes to have at the regulars he dosn't like.

Hondo, Gayle, Wolf have all been attacked by his fellow Trolls so sometimes they get a little defensive with unfamiliar posters. Just saying there's a lot more going on here than what's on the surface. Otherwise, it's a pretty entertaining free-for-all. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif St.

wolfdancer
03-16-2010, 01:18 AM
I solved the problem, and put him on ignore. He tried to make a big deal out of a no harm, no foul post..

Chilled
03-16-2010, 01:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

WOW! I can hardly wait till LWW pisses you off.....unless of course it was him that brought you here. He does that you know, brings in goons from other forumes to have at the regulars he dosn't like.

Hondo, Gayle, Wolf have all been attacked by his fellow Trolls so sometimes they get a little defensive with unfamiliar posters. Just saying there's a lot more going on here than what's on the surface. Otherwise, it's a pretty entertaining free-for-all. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif St. </div></div>

LOL.

Having reasonable eyesight I of course can't fail to see that opposing political teams have formed here. I have no interest in being in either team.

I can also understand the sort of defensiveness you describe if there is that kind of history. However a history of being attacked by some mercenary political opponents is not in itself any excuse to start lashing out at someone who has no political allegiance and who hasn't attacked in the first place.

At that point it can no longer be meekly tolerated and ceases to be a case of "understandable defensiveness" and enough is enough, hence my responses in kind.

Thanks for the advice.

Deeman3
03-16-2010, 07:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wonder what would have happened if I mentioned Procol Harum, instead of Yusaf?..... ??? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA&feature=related)
I'd probably have been accused of racism, by the thought police here </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> You would get the "big chill" then. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Asigning politics to music is like trying to decypher a Felini movie. </span>