PDA

View Full Version : March Madness

sack316
03-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Hondo and myself kinda began talking about it in another thread. So figured I better make a thread for it before we totally hijack that one.

I'm thinking Kansas as the logical favorite.

Kentucky probably has the most talent, but I'm not 100% on the freshman phenoms holding up under pressure. They did well in the SEC tourney, but they also didn't have anything to lose either.

I think WV will have a strong run, and the key game will be meeting up with Kentucky to close out the East bracket. But they are perfectly capable of being a final 4 team. They seem to just know how to win.

I also look for Georgetown to be strong. I don't think they can make it through Kansas in their region, though. But they have stepped up in big games this season. Their downfall has been playing down in lesser ones. They've got talent, but don't know if they have the focus.

Teams that aren't a high seed that I look for to make a splash: BYU (7), Cornell (12), Louisville (9), Richmond (7).

I wouldn't sleep on any team from the Big East. Like the SEC in football, this year the Big East has more depth than any conference. 9 teams with 20+ wins in a very tough schedule is amazing.

But to contradict what I just said, I look for Syracuse to be the first #1 seed to falter. They just looked tired towards the end. But maybe losing in the conference tourney when they did was a blessing and allowed them to rest. But still, out of them, Duke, KU, and UK, they'd be my pick to be upset sometime out of all the #1's. My guess is probably vs. Mich St or Maryland in the sweet 16.

Still working on my final brackets, but those are some of my thoughts so far.

Sack

wolfdancer
03-16-2010, 01:52 AM
My money is on Chaminade....it's been 28 years now, and they are overdue....so they didn't win the whole shebang ...but they ...won one for the ages.....

Deeman3
03-16-2010, 07:33 AM
I pick KU. They are big and have more prison tats than most of the other teams. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LWW
03-16-2010, 08:37 AM
My pick is Kentucky, the best longshot is IMHO Tennessee.

If one Tennessee team shows up they could die in round #1 ... if the other shows up they could win it all.

LWW

eg8r
03-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Doesn't BYU play UF in the first game? If so BYU will not be making any kind of splash. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Since I know UF does not have a snowballs chance in you know where, I think Duke has a good chance to win it.

eg8r

sack316
03-17-2010, 03:55 AM
Well ya never know, UF may do well.

I still don't get THAT into bball even during March Madness. I only get all excited and happy because when it rolls around that means less than a month until opening day in baseball /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

wolfdancer
03-17-2010, 06:51 AM
"more prison tats ".....good one /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

eg8r
03-17-2010, 12:38 PM
I agree completely. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I have been to a couple spring training games and it is so nice to go to the ballpark in the afternoon and watch some baseball.

eg8r

sack316
03-21-2010, 07:55 AM
Well, if they weren't already, I'd have to say after Kansas fell last night that every bracket in the world is busted now. Northern Iowa, you gents just made a whole lot of people cry.

What an odd situation. Now nobody should have a "perfect" bracket. And if by some chance they do, then everyone will know they are an idiot. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

LWW
03-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Or a savant.

I didn't pick NI ... but I'm glad Kansas is out.

I just hope UK doesn't get over confident after 2 blow outs.

LWW

sack316
03-21-2010, 09:40 AM
yeah I'm rooting for UK. My biggest fear with them is the young freshman... how will they hold up as the stage gets bigger and bigger... and as you said after a few blowouts can they keep up the intensity?

My bracket is destroyed. Gtown going down? Really thought they'd show up and play over their heads, not play down. Vandy going down to Murray State? Didn't see that one either. Kinda thought UM would surprise XU after their conference tourney play. Didn't think Wake would beat Tex. Nova went down. KU went down. I'm losing track of all my misses on this one!

Sack

LWW
03-21-2010, 10:21 AM
I actually picked Murray.

The team that really scares me is Tennessee.

LWW

hondo
03-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Who has more future pros?
Kentucky, by far. They have to be the favorite.

Other than that I like Syracuse, WVU,
and maybe Ohio St. and St. Mary's.

Most of St. Mary's guys look like they're in their mid 20s.

And the only team with a better big man than St. Mary's is
Kentucky, maybe.

With Syracuse it depends on whether Onauku plays.
They can't win it all without him.

Ohio St. lacks depth and WVU lacks a center.

hondo
03-21-2010, 07:51 PM
GO WVU.

LWW
03-22-2010, 05:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WVU lacks a center. </div></div>

And a coach who can stay sober.

LWW

wolfdancer
03-22-2010, 12:00 PM
They called a foul on Wake Forest the other day....
"Illegal formation"
Seems they had 3 white players on the floor at the same time....1 over the limit...

Deeman3
03-22-2010, 03:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They called a foul on Wake Forest the other day....
"Illegal formation"
Seems they had 3 white players on the floor at the same time....1 over the limit... </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I did notice that. I was watching and yelling, "Don't throw the ball to the white kid!" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I still have issues with watching them since they traded in their basketball shorts for dresses. Having played long before the prison tatoos, players shooting themsleves in the leg, players running over girlfriends in the parking lot and even the dresses, I am wondering how they can dirbble the ball without getting it caught up in the skirts. Anyone young enough to have had pants on teh ground for this one? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

hondo
03-23-2010, 06:00 PM
Hey, he's Irish! WTF?!?!

hondo
03-23-2010, 06:01 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif