PDA

View Full Version : Too sweet

Qtec
03-16-2010, 04:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In just over a year, Glenn Beck's blinding burst of stardom has often seemed to overshadow the rest of Fox News.

And that may not be a good thing for the top-rated cable news channel, as many of its staffers are acutely aware.

With his celebrity fueled by a Time cover story, best-selling books, cheerleading role at protest rallies and steady stream of divisive remarks, Beck is drawing big ratings. But there is a deep split within Fox between those -- led by Chairman Roger Ailes -- who are supportive, and many journalists who are worried about the prospect that Beck is becoming the face of the network.

By calling President Obama a racist and branding progressivism a "cancer," Beck has achieved a lightning-rod status that is unusual even for the network owned by Rupert Murdoch. And that, in turn, has complicated the channel's efforts to neutralize White House criticism that Fox is not really a news organization. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Beck has become a constant topic of conversation among Fox journalists, some of whom say they believe he uses distorted or inflammatory rhetoric that<u> undermines their credibility.</u></span></div></div>

LOL

link (http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/kurtz-fox-news-employees-worried-glen)

Q

LWW
03-16-2010, 08:55 AM
The fact that Obama is a racist and progressivism is a mental disease should just be ignored by those of us not infected with swamp water fever?

LWW

llotter
03-16-2010, 12:05 PM
It is a sure sign of desperation when these lefties dig up these worthless stories and make them sound important and relevant? It is getting harder and harder to find anything here worth commenting on.

Gayle in MD
03-16-2010, 12:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In just over a year, Glenn Beck's blinding burst of stardom has often seemed to overshadow the rest of Fox News.

And that may not be a good thing for the top-rated cable news channel, as many of its staffers are acutely aware.

With his celebrity fueled by a Time cover story, best-selling books, cheerleading role at protest rallies and steady stream of divisive remarks, Beck is drawing big ratings. But there is a deep split within Fox between those -- led by Chairman Roger Ailes -- who are supportive, and many journalists who are worried about the prospect that Beck is becoming the face of the network.

By calling President Obama a racist and branding progressivism a "cancer," Beck has achieved a lightning-rod status that is unusual even for the network owned by Rupert Murdoch. And that, in turn, has complicated the channel's efforts to neutralize White House criticism that Fox is not really a news organization. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Beck has become a constant topic of conversation among Fox journalists, some of whom say they believe he uses distorted or inflammatory rhetoric that<u> undermines their credibility.</u></span></div></div>

LOL

link (http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/kurtz-fox-news-employees-worried-glen)

Q </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
03-16-2010, 12:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is a sure sign of desperation when these lefties dig up these worthless stories and make them sound important and relevant? It is getting harder and harder to find anything here worth commenting on. </div></div>

Have a little sympathy. They spent 8 years crying about the Republicans, and now that their party is crumbling before their eyes in just one year of this administration, they have very little to feel good about. Turns out their savior is just fast tracking all the same things they were crying about before.
Gitmo is still open
Troops still in Iraq
Troops still in Afghanistan
Defecit spending continues at record rates
Unemployment passed their own self imposed limit of 8%
Obama's job approval ratings have tanked over healthcare.

To paraphrase Kermit...It's not easy being a lefty!

Steve

wolfdancer
03-16-2010, 01:19 PM
While I have the three "expert" commentators, below your post on ignore...I had to see what they had to say about a report that Fox is questioning the style and delivery of one of their top "news reporters"....
So, lww chips in sumthin about President Obama
Lotter decides, that unlike his own posts, the article is worthless
and as curious as I was....I couldn't read the last post...but I've probably read the same thing in his last 100 posts...
So, the report was about how he delivers the "news", not about the "news" itself, save for his unjournalistic comments re:President Obama..and the Democratic Party.
In conclusion.....these three "thinkers" missed the mark, once again...like in those old Starkist Tuna commercials....about Tuna's looking good Vs tasting good....
Their posts are in poor taste....IMHO....lack any merit, or substance......it reminds me of the last time I visited a nursery
all them babies crying

llotter
03-16-2010, 01:55 PM
The article did not name anyone from Fox that were second guessing Beck and therefore worthless. It was just jealous remarks by losers.

Gayle in MD
03-16-2010, 01:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I have the three "expert" commentators, below your post on ignore...I had to see what they had to say about a report that Fox is questioning the style and delivery of one of their top "news reporters"....
and as curious as I was....I couldn't read the last post...but I've probably read the same thing in his last 100 posts...
So, the report was about how he delivers the "news", not about the "news" itself, save for his unjournalistic comments re:President Obama..and the Democratic Party.
In conclusion.....these three "thinkers" missed the mark, once again...like in those old Starkist Tuna commercials....about Tuna's looking good Vs tasting good....
Their posts are in poor taste....IMHO....lack any merit, or substance......it reminds me of the last time I visited a nursery
all them babies crying
</div></div>

http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=7256

LWW
03-16-2010, 02:09 PM
MSNBC is such a joke.

The rate they are able to command from cable/satellite companies is less than a third of what Fox generates and is on par with the spanish language version of the History Channel and below that of TV VENEZUELA.

So, sour grapes by losers ... to say the least.

But ... our esteemed liberal members here have always preferred rumor and slander over facts and reality.

LWW

LWW
03-16-2010, 02:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I have the three "expert" commentators, below your post on ignore...I had to see what they had to say about a report that Fox is questioning the style and delivery of one of their top "news reporters"....
all them babies crying
</div></div>

http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=7256 </div></div>

Please tell me you aren't desperate enough to use THAT source as "evidence" ... I'm thinking Mr Rove was right about the causation of your delirium.

LWW

Sev
03-16-2010, 02:27 PM
They fear Beck.
Both his content and delivery have been devastating.

llotter
03-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Beck is pretty sharp alright. It takes courage to make the case he makes everyday against the Left when it is so much easier to go along with the crowd. I feel that I am on an adventure of enlightenment right along with him.

eg8r
03-16-2010, 06:20 PM
qtip, is your link an example of "linking to facts" or just opinion? Gayle has this crazy notion that you only link to facts.

Beck has been great for Fox.

eg8r

eg8r
03-16-2010, 06:21 PM
wolfie, what about your post? Anything do with anything or just hypocritically acting like those you attack?

In case you did not see my first post, Beck has been great for Fox and that is why the keep him.

eg8r