PDA

View Full Version : Seventy Two Virgins

llotter
03-17-2010, 11:54 AM
First we had the suicides in Jonestown, then the many Muslims, followed by the several copycat killings where the killer committed suicide at the end. Now we seem to be watching mass political suicide with their vote on healthcare this week.

Such destructive behavior is always hard to fathom but it does seem to be becoming more common. I wonder is the slow death of Christianity has anything to do with it.

pooltchr
03-17-2010, 12:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First we had the suicides in Jonestown, then the many Muslims, followed by the several copycat killings where the killer committed suicide at the end. Now we seem to be watching mass political suicide with their vote on healthcare this week.

Such destructive behavior is always hard to fathom but it does seem to be becoming more common. I wonder is the slow death of Christianity has anything to do with it. </div></div>

Maybe they just figure life as a Democrat just isn't worth living!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

llotter
03-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Good one, Steve. Are you going to the Alan Hopkins show in PS this week?

pooltchr
03-17-2010, 12:28 PM
No, I'm actually giving lessons again this weekend. Besides, every time I go there, I have this overpowering urge to buy a new cue!!!!

Steve

Sev
03-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Zealots are a dangerous groups. They will sacrifice everything for a belief even if it is completely wrong.

The scary thing is that most people on the hill are as ill informed as many manners of importance as the average individual on the street.

You really cant expect a group of individuals that are by enlarge lawyers that have had no real world experience to understand the mechanics of the country. What they believe to be is not necessarily truth of the matter.

For instance. If you were offered a choice of Chuck Schummer or Oprah to show you how to build a successful business and stable portfolio which would you choose?

wolfdancer
03-17-2010, 01:10 PM
I think Christianity will survive you, the televangelists and your "God's messengers" group here, that both judges and condemns others for not voting republican....We made it through the inquisition, Martin Luther, and Salem....and lately, Jerry Failwell,

llotter
03-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Why bother to build a successful business when, if you partner with Schummer, you can grow rich at the public trough sans the work and the worry.