PDA

View Full Version : Help: hollow sound

02-27-2002, 01:43 AM
Help! My Predator shaft makes a hollow sound when I make certain shot sometimes. Is this normal? BTW, the joint is not lose. Also I've heard that if your tip is getting flatter this causes it also. Probably from the vibration?

BTW, my Moori MH cue tip is not that flat but has a slight curvature to it. I don't shape it often but just left it to shape by itself. Could it be this why it makes the hollow sound? I feel like it's coming from the ferrule/tip area.

02-27-2002, 02:52 AM
thats because the pred shaft has a hole 5 inches deep from the ferrule....I know that the manufacturer places something inside to remove the "hollow sound" that you are referrring to.........Though I hear that in some cases there is nothing inside the hole......

NO it does not affect performance ...it just makes a "hollow sound"

TonyM
02-27-2002, 03:03 PM
An important question is did it make this sound before, or is it a new thing?

Funny sounds at the tip and ferrule are usually caused by something being loose, or cracked. There might be air under ones side of the tip, or the tip might be coming loose in one area. Or perhaps one of the tip laminations is coming loose?

It might even be the ferrule. The best way to resolve the issue is to have the tip replaced. If the sound goes away, then it was the tip. If it does not, then it is likely the ferrule (or some other part of the shaft, like a joint collar, or insert).

And finally, the Predator does make a different sound than most other shafts. Have another Predator owner try your shaft and see if he or she notices anything out of the ordinary.

If it is the typical Predator sound, then you should get used to it.

Tony

BrakenRun
02-27-2002, 05:50 PM
That is typical Predator. Hollow sound and hit is normal for them. That is why I can't stand them. They hit fine but sound and feel awful. I heard so much about them that I had to try one out. Sounds like the shaft is made of drift wood. I think the whole Predator thing is nothing more than a marketing scheme. It is a great product for players that are blameing there lack of skills on equipment. I will have to give Predator credit, the marketing scheme has worked and that is what it is all about, Making Money. Kevin

02-27-2002, 09:15 PM
'That is typical Predator. Hollow sound and hit is normal for them. That is why I can't stand them. They hit fine but sound and feel awful. I heard so much about them that I had to try one out. Sounds like the shaft is made of drift wood. I think the whole Predator thing is nothing more than a marketing scheme. It is a great product for players that are blameing there lack of skills on equipment. I will have to give Predator credit, the marketing scheme has worked and that is what it is all about, Making Money. Kevin "

another sour graping player who can't afford to buy one. either that or he plays suck! LOL

BrakenRun
02-27-2002, 09:47 PM
Owned one, got rid of, don't suck! LOL

02-27-2002, 10:00 PM
yes you do suck! LOL