PDA

View Full Version : The pleasure police strike again!

pooltchr
03-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Tobacco was the first step. Then the pleasure police decided to ban the use of transfats in food preparation. Then someone decided a tax on soft drinks would be good for everyone. After that, the attempt to stop restaurants from adding salt to food in their kitchens.

Now, they have a new target. Lawmakers are proposing an <span style='font-size: 20pt'>18% tax on Pizza!</span> The theory is it will help cut down on obesity in the country.
For the mathmatically challenged, that would mean that $10 Pizza special would cost you $11.80, plus whatever local sales tax would be added on top of that.

Give them an inch, and you know what happens!

Steve

wolfdancer
03-17-2010, 04:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">give them an inch </div></div>
ain't that what they are trying to do...get you to give up a few
inches, on your waistline? I could stand to lose several, and I don't eat Pizza, as a rule. they can tax it 100%....just leave the tax on Tanqueray Gin as is....
Well, obesity caused illnesses which would then seem to affect medical costs...are probably just another "global warming" scare to you...I think Al Gore is behind it.
As Richard Nixon once said " you won't have (me) to kick around anymore, because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference", in my case, a last post,or at least one of my last posts since the site now could be combined with the azb message board, and not miss a beat, or even the threat of a liberal beating.

Sev
03-17-2010, 08:05 PM
If your drinking gin you wont be able to stay away. A couple of nips is all it will take.

LWW
03-17-2010, 08:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A couple of nips is all it will take. </div></div>

Please stop with the anti Japanese remarks ... I can see that some members of this forum have been a bad influence on you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW

Sev
03-17-2010, 08:34 PM
HAHAHHAAHAH!!!
Good catch. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
03-17-2010, 09:04 PM
I can easily avoid the poison pen drippings of you, yer psychotic pal, and a few others....In fact, gin makes me forget, that there are evil people like the 4 or 5 on here, that seemingly hate about half of their fellow Americans...
AND.... I won't have the choice to come back, so dere....

pooltchr
03-17-2010, 09:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">give them an inch </div></div>
ain't that what they are trying to do...get you to give up a few
inches, on your waistline? I could stand to lose several, and I don't eat Pizza, as a rule. they can tax it 100%....just leave the tax on Tanqueray Gin as is....
Well, obesity caused illnesses which would then seem to affect medical costs...are probably just another "global warming" scare to you...I think Al Gore is behind it.
As Richard Nixon once said " you won't have (me) to kick around anymore, because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference", in my case, a last post,or at least one of my last posts since the site now could be combined with the azb message board, and not miss a beat, or even the threat of a liberal beating.

</div></div>

I thought you didn't read my posts or any threads started by me, but I see you were the first to post behind me. Your obsession concerns me. Should I hire a body guard? Just how mentally stable are you???

Oh well, if this is your last post, maybe I need not worry too much.

Steve

pooltchr
03-17-2010, 09:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can easily avoid the poison pen drippings of you, yer psychotic pal, and a few others....In fact, gin makes me forget, that there are evil people like the 4 or 5 on here, that seemingly hate about half of their fellow Americans...
AND.... I won't have the choice to come back, so dere.... </div></div>

Oops, Seems your self imposed exile only lasted a few hours. Here you are again.

Steve

Sev
03-17-2010, 09:32 PM
There is no hate here.
You only reap what you sew.

Chilled
03-18-2010, 12:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ....You only reap what you sew</div></div>

Genetically embroidered crops?

Qtec
03-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Fantasy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>Lawmakers are proposing </span>an 18% tax on Pizza! </div></div>

Reality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(Reuters) - U.S. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>researchers</span> estimate that an 18 percent tax on pizza and soda can push down U.S. adults' calorie intake enough to lower their average weight by 5 pounds (2 kg) per year.

U.S. | Health

<span style='font-size: 20pt'><u>The researchers, writing in the journal Archives of Internal Medicine on Monday,</u> suggested taxing could be used as a weapon in the fight against obesity, which costs the United States an estimated $147 billion a year in health costs.</span> </div></div>

Q

wolfdancer
03-18-2010, 12:19 AM
I don't sew, although I have sowed.

pooltchr
03-18-2010, 07:47 AM
It's already gone beyond research. Lawmakers are already considering it.

Steve

Qtec
03-18-2010, 11:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's already gone beyond research. Lawmakers are already considering it.

Steve </div></div>

Geez, I show you that its medical experts who are proposing that a tax on such fast foods could make a difference but you claim its the lawmakers!

You made a claim but you can't back it up because its not true.
Why not just admit you are wrong?

Wrong is wrong.

Q

pooltchr
03-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Yes, wrong is wrong. Using health as an excuse to enact a pizza tax is wrong. Why don't they just admit that they are going to start taxing everything until we all become slaves of the government? That's what they really want to do!

Steve

hondo
03-18-2010, 05:45 PM
I'm with Steve on this one, Wolfie.

We can't pick and choose which rights we care about.
We've got to stand up for all of them.

cushioncrawler
03-18-2010, 05:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tobacco was the first step. Then the pleasure police decided to ban the use of transfats in food preparation. Then someone decided a tax on soft drinks would be good for everyone. After that, the attempt to stop restaurants from adding salt to food in their kitchens.
Now, they have a new target. Lawmakers are proposing an <span style='font-size: 20pt'>18% tax on Pizza!</span> The theory is it will help cut down on obesity in the country. For the mathmatically challenged, that would mean that $10 Pizza special would cost you $11.80, plus whatever local sales tax would be added on top of that. Give them an inch, and you know what happens! Steve</div></div>If i were king i would tax sugar -- and totally ban transfats (even the natural ones) -- and ban bad faux'sugars.
Salt iz ok, hav az much az u want. Pizzas are ok. Fast food iz ok (if no sugar). Fat iz ok.
madMac.

pooltchr
03-18-2010, 05:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ Pizzas are ok. Fast food iz ok (if no sugar). Fat iz ok.
madMac. </div></div>

If only you knew how much sugar is in pizza sause! Ask Pappa John!!

Steve

wolfdancer
03-18-2010, 07:39 PM
It isn't exactly a new idea.....they taxed cigarettes and alcohol for the same idea.....I believe they call them
Sin taxes.
Didn't seem to stop folks from smoking or drinking, and doubt if this will halt Pizza sales.
I'm not even sure why anybody would bring it up as news

wolfdancer
03-18-2010, 07:50 PM
complain then to the admin... illegals reading your insipid posts, then mockingly replying to them.
I don't owe you the ******* time of day, but just this one time, I will reply:
I asked to be relieved of my duties here as board educator....and like Charon, I can not be relieved until I can find an able replacement.

cushioncrawler
03-18-2010, 08:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pizzas are ok. Fast food iz ok (if no sugar). Fat iz ok.</div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If only you knew how much sugar is in pizza sause! Ask Pappa John!! Steve</div></div>Yeah there iz sugar in everything -- thats why i reckon a sugar tax would be good. I beleev in zero tax -- but sin'taxes etc are ok, ie to try to modyfy behaviour. And, the usofa iz worse off than ozz etc koz ozz etc uze cane sugar whilst usofa uzes corn sugar -- cane sugar iz bad, but corn sugar iz poizon. I used to suck on raw cane that fell of the cane trains that passed our joint in Townsville -- praps raw corn iz ok -- dunno.
madMac.

Sev
03-18-2010, 09:06 PM
I am looking to patten a peckometer and vagometer and sell it to the government so that they can tax sex by both the length of and amount of strokes.

hondo
03-18-2010, 10:11 PM
I like good pizza.

hondo
03-18-2010, 10:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am looking to patten a peckometer and vagometer and sell it to the government so that they can tax sex by both the length of and amount of strokes. </div></div>

I like the way you think. ( Sometimes) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
03-19-2010, 07:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I asked to be relieved of my duties here as board educator....and like Charon, I can not be relieved until I can find an able replacement. </div></div>

A quick visit to any mental hospital should provide you with dozens of offers!!

Steve

pooltchr
03-19-2010, 07:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
but sin'taxes etc are ok, ie to try to modyfy behaviour.
madMac. </div></div>

When did it become the job of the government to try and modify personal behavior of individuals?

Steve

Qtec
03-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Doesn't the LAW tell you what you can and can't do?

The lawmakers have been modifying US citizens behaviour from the beginning.
ie if you are in a car,you have to wear a seat belt. Its for your own good.

Q

pooltchr
03-19-2010, 08:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doesn't the LAW tell you what you can and can't do?

The lawmakers have been modifying US citizens behaviour from the beginning.
ie if you are in a car,you have to wear a seat belt. Its for your own good.

Q </div></div>

There are good laws, and bad laws in our country. Laws designed to protect citizens from the careless actions of others generally fall into the "good" catagory. A law that says you can't push my car off a cliff would be a good law. A law that says you can't push your own car off a cliff would be a bad law.

Steve

hondo
03-19-2010, 08:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I asked to be relieved of my duties here as board educator....and like Charon, I can not be relieved until I can find an able replacement. </div></div>

A quick visit to any mental hospital should provide you with dozens of offers!!

Steve </div></div>

Why can't we stop with the bickering and stick to the topic? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Sev
03-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Oooops!!!
HAAHAAAHA!! Good one.

Sev
03-19-2010, 08:53 PM
They are planning on banning salt in restaurants in NY or so I have heard.

Sev
03-19-2010, 08:55 PM
HEE HEE!!!

Can you imagine the profit potential at the Bunny Far??