PDA

View Full Version : You heard it here first. ( Maybe)

hondo
03-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Sweet 16 matchups:

Michigan St. over N. Iowa. Close. No Kailin Lucas
makes it tight.

Tennessee over Ohio St.. Too much depth. Can't let Evan
Turner run amock, however.

Syracuse over Butler. Even without Onauku ( sp.?), I think.

Kentucky over Cornell. Kentucky has 1st two guys to go in NBA draft and maybe another lottery pick. Calipari loses this one and they ought to run him out of town.

WVU over Washington. Down to the wire. Hopefully Eers can do it again.

Duke over Purdue. If they can contain Jajuan Johnson.
WVU couldn't.

St. Mary's over Baylor. Only big man better than that big Arab is Cousins. Maybe.

wolfdancer
03-22-2010, 12:08 PM
they was jes a couple more upsets away from having the bottom sixteen, become the sweet sixteen.

hondo
03-22-2010, 12:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they was jes a couple more upsets away from having the bottom sixteen, become the sweet sixteen. </div></div>

Well, not really. Here are the seeds left:

Midwest: 2,5,6,9
West: 1,2,5,6
East: 1,2,11,12
South:1,3,4,10

wolfdancer
03-22-2010, 12:38 PM
don't ruin a good post....with facts

LWW
03-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Wait until UK meets WVU.

Y'all better keep Huggy Bear sober.

LWW

hondo
03-22-2010, 03:12 PM
WVU has no chance against Kentucky.

Kentucky has 7 McDonald's All-Americans.
Cousins is no.1 pick in NBA draft this year.
Wall is no.2 pick.
Patterson is lottery pick.

Our center is a 6'7 nobody. Cousins is 6'11 and the best big man in the nation.
Patterson is 2 inches taller than our center.

Wall is 6'4 and the best player in the country.
Our pg is 6' and a nobody.

Kentucky is taller, faster, quicker, better shooters, 12 deep.

If Huggins had that team he would never lose a game.
Kentucky has more talent than some NBA teams.

You'll get no pissing match from me.
I'm just worried about Washington right now.

It would take a miracle for WVU to beat Kentucky.

hondo
03-22-2010, 09:15 PM
No basketball fans here?

I kinda miss the bigger forum at times.

LWW
03-23-2010, 03:46 AM
If you wouldn't have peed in the pool so many times your season pass wouldn't have been revoked.

LWW

sack316
03-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Mich State over UNI... but then again I didn't think N Iowa would get out of the first round, so hard to sleep on them. If the 3-ball is falling, watch out! But as we see so often, live by the 3, die by the 3.

Tenn over OSU. This is a tough pick, but Tenn is better than they have shown all year. I'm hoping they can keep stepping up now.

Syr over Butler. I thought the orange would be the first #1 to fall, but they have looked like they are supposed to. I think Butler will give them a game, though.

KSU over Xav.

UK over Cornell.

WVU over Wash.

Duke over purdue

Baylor over SMC

Sack

hondo
03-23-2010, 05:15 AM
You can't even post in a basketball thread without your crap, can you?

And then you wonder why I say you're the slimiest
poster on the forums.

hondo
03-23-2010, 05:16 AM
Well, we only disagree on one.

LWW
03-23-2010, 05:57 AM
I was merely commenting on your continual lamentations of assumed victimhood.

You brought the other board up my friend ... why do so if you didn't want to discuss it, unless it was stirring the pot so you could claim to be victimized. Again.

Oh, wait ... that's exactly what you did.

LWW

sack316
03-23-2010, 05:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, we only disagree on one. </div></div>

Yep. So we know at least one of us will at least get one right! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

hondo
03-23-2010, 05:25 PM
I don't see why this thread can't be about basketball.

hondo
03-23-2010, 05:25 PM
LOL! That's probably true.

sack316
03-27-2010, 07:04 AM
7 out of 8... not bad for us there buddy! I sure do wish I had stuck to my theory on the Orange falling early, though!

For this next round, I'm gonna take a little chance...

So I'm going:

Tenn over MSU

Butler over KSU (there's my "chance" I say I'm taking)

UK over WVU (but I am gonna call it and say if UK doesn't get any more solid on their free throws that WVU will pull it out)

Duke over Baylor.

Oh... and I also realized we have been ignoring the women's tourney... so I'm gonna go on a limb and say Uconn, UConn, UCONN! lol

Sack

hondo
03-27-2010, 07:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">7 out of 8... not bad for us there buddy! I sure do wish I had stuck to my theory on the Orange falling early, though!

For this next round, I'm gonna take a little chance...

So I'm going:

Tenn over MSU

Butler over KSU (there's my "chance" I say I'm taking)

UK over WVU (but I am gonna call it and say if UK doesn't get any more solid on their free throws that WVU will pull it out)

Duke over Baylor.

Oh... and I also realized we have been ignoring the women's tourney... so I'm gonna go on a limb and say Uconn, UConn, UCONN! lol

Sack

</div></div>

Tenn over Mich. St.
Kansas St. over Butler
UK over WVU. No Trucky, no winneee.
Baylor over Duke. My shakiest pick.

WTH happened to St. Mary's? The team and their big
man looked scared to death.

LWW
03-27-2010, 08:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't see why this thread can't be about basketball. </div></div>

Don't you own a mirror?

You trolled your own thread into a "WOE IS HONDO ... BANNED BECAUSE OF BEING AN ANGEL" symposium.

WV dies in this round.

My sheet still has Tennessee, Michigan State, Kentucky, and Duke.

My final 4 was Kentucky vs Duke and Tennessee vs Syracuse, with Kentucky beating Syracuse in the final.

LWW

hondo
03-27-2010, 09:33 AM
I would love to see somebody knock UK on their ass
but I doubt that will happen.

Cousins, Wall & Patterson will go in the first 7 NBA picks.
Cousins and Wall one and two.

WVU has nobody to guard Cousins or Patterson and Orton for that matter.

The only team with an outside chance to beat them will be Tennessee but that's a stretch.

UK by 30 over WVU.
If WVU wins Huggy Bear is coach of the year and they ought to run Cal out of town.

hondo
03-27-2010, 09:36 AM
I've played 3 different places, mouth.

UK over Syracuse

WVU over Ohio St.

UK over Tennessee. My best chance.

LWW
03-27-2010, 10:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've played 3 different places, mouth.</div></div>

1 - You lament the discussion can't be about basketball.

2 - I point out that this is simply because you insist upon turning the thread into a "WOE IS HONDO" thread.

3 - I return the topic to basketball.

4 - You launch an ad hominem attack.

These threads are so predictable.

LWW

hondo
03-27-2010, 11:48 AM
dub, you know nothing about basketball other than
bragging that the most loaded team in years is gonna win. DUH!

All you've done is trash a fine thread again.

I am trying to be civil to you but you are such a vile lowlife that's it's hard for me to do, bro.

At one time I used to think that you had some redeeming qualities.
I'm trying to remember what they were.

You're not honest, honorable, sincere, forgiving, Christian.
All you do is hate.
I pity you, brother.

Also, you can judge a person by their friends.
Look at your friends:putrid haters like punter and ugo,
blowhards like slide rule and Dawg, really slow guys like
Johnny and Cuejoey.

Yeah, you've got quite a following.

You must be very proud.

LWW
03-27-2010, 11:55 AM
And there we have it ... hondo has once again started a thread with the sole intent of demonstrating that he is a martyr, and then when it doesn't go that way he trashes it until he finds a sliver of an opening.

Simply amazing.

LWW

hondo
03-27-2010, 05:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And there we have it ... hondo has once again started a thread with the sole intent of demonstrating that he is a martyr, and then when it doesn't go that way he trashes it until he finds a sliver of an opening.

Simply amazing.

LWW </div></div>

Did you watch Butler/Kansas St.?
Of course you didn't.
What a silly question!!!

I sincerely apologize.

ugotda7
03-27-2010, 05:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And there we have it ... hondo has once again started a thread with the sole intent of demonstrating that he is a martyr, and then when it doesn't go that way he trashes it until he finds a sliver of an opening.

Simply amazing.

LWW </div></div>

What!!! Another thread dragged down by Hondo!!! Say it ain't so!!!

pooltchr
03-27-2010, 07:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WVU has no chance against Kentucky.

It would take a miracle for WVU to beat Kentucky. </div></div>

Oh, ye of little faith!

Steve

sack316
03-28-2010, 07:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to see somebody knock UK on their ass
but I doubt that will happen.
</div></div>

Well, you got it! And even though I missed the pick, I called it about the free throws. I was out at the poolhall last night, and some asked me what my pick was, I told them UK unless they shot under 65% ft's. They were only 55.2% for that game. Pathetic, and ya can't win big games that way. But congrats to WVU, they played great. The defense was solid, and forced UK to fire up all those 3's they missed.

And I got Butler over KSU right.

Also, I do gotta give it to dub, he has been calling a strong run from Tennessee since the beginning. It's a tough day for folks in the SEC states. We always want the SEC to get championships... but nobody likes rooting for Tenn... I don't think people in Tenn even like rooting for them /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

LWW
03-28-2010, 08:06 AM
The inability to make the 3 has been their Achilles heel all year long.

Yesterday it cost them.

LWW

sack316
03-28-2010, 08:33 AM
Granted had they hit their 3's it woulda been no contest. But those are always hit or miss... live by or die by in basketball if that's part of your game. But free throws... those should be drilled drilled drilled in practice, and nearly as second nature as dribbling the ball. They are just like they sound... "free"... free uncontested points for the team. And the way a good team can counteract it's cold shooting. Granted, it ALL "matters", but IMO the FT's were the difference in the game.

Sack

pooltchr
03-28-2010, 08:42 AM
It didn't hurt their cause that WVa was able to drill so many 3 pointers either.
I have made it clear, being a Carolina boy, that I have no love for KY, although I do grudgingly give them respect.
Now, I find myself having to pull for Duke, which also goes against all my natural instincts! I have to support the ACC, just as you pull for the SEC.
Next weekend should be interesting.

Steve

sack316
03-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Yeah, and you know I think I've been a little unfair in my analysis. I stand by what I've said about UK's mess ups... but WV played great. They did win the game. I think I've kinda sounded like I'm saying UK lost it... but no, WV WON it and earned their final four trip.

Sack

hondo
03-28-2010, 11:06 AM
I feel Tennessee has to be considered the favorite now.

Imagine if they had Tyler Smith!!!!

hondo
03-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Wasn't a particularly strong coaching job by Cal.

But, he's probably the best recruiter in the nation.

hondo
03-28-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm rooting for Duke, but Baylor will not be easy.