PDA

View Full Version : Made me chuckle (and cry a little)

sack316
03-23-2010, 05:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The H.C. plan written by a committee whose chairman doesn't understand it, passed by Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a smoking president that also hasn't read it, w/ funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen... by... a surgeon general who is obese, financed by a country that's broke.What could possibly go wrong? </div></div>

Sack

Sev
03-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Hmmmmmmm.

Sounds like a sound plan to me. Not one flaw to be found. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
03-24-2010, 12:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The H.C. plan written by a committee whose chairman doesn't understand it, passed by Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a smoking president that also hasn't read it, w/ funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen... by... a surgeon general who is obese, financed by a country that's broke.What could possibly go wrong? </div></div>

Sack </div></div>

Condemned by a certain percentage of the population that hasn't read it, and who are all at risk of losing everything without it.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Sev
03-24-2010, 07:15 AM
Its truly amazing that humans made it out of the caves without health care. People in this country have truly become week.

pooltchr
03-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Good points, Sack. But remember, they passed a bill they knew was a bad bill, with the promise they would "fix" it later. My question is why they didn't just take their time and do it right the first time. Would you go out and buy a new car you couldn't afford, knowing it didn't work, but with the idea that you would "fix" it later?????

And what are the chances that they will actually be able to fix it? They nearly couldn't even get the original "bad" bill passed. If they are capable of fixing it, why didn't they fix it to begin with.

Will we be hearing about a giant Toyota-like recall when they find out that they didn't have a workable brake system installed??

Steve

Deeman3
03-24-2010, 01:36 PM
I was just in a meeting with Govenor Riley in Montogemery. He said that Alabama would be adding over 400,000 to the Medicaid rolls with even less to pay for it. No wonder the states are furious over this.

I wonder what the quality of care these folks will be getting as even more doctors refuse to take Medicaid. Just saying they are now covered does nothing for their actual chances of getting a doctor to care for them and reduced the care of the ones already in the program, just as it will for Medicare.

NPR said, this morning, that Mass., the one close to what we have signed, is about 3 years from bankruptsy! Great planning there....

pooltchr
03-24-2010, 02:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just in a meeting with Govenor Riley in Montogemery. He said that Alabama would be adding over 400,000 to the Medicaid rolls with even less to pay for it. No wonder the states are furious over this.

I wonder what the quality of care these folks will be getting as even more doctors refuse to take Medicaid. Just saying they are now covered does nothing for their actual chances of getting a doctor to care for them and reduced the care of the ones already in the program, just as it will for Medicare.

NPR said, this morning, that Mass., the one close to what we have signed, is about 3 years from bankruptsy! Great planning there.... </div></div>

It's simply rationing by design!
This has to be one of the most stupid pieces of legislation ever conceived...much less passed!

Steve

eg8r
03-24-2010, 02:25 PM
LOL, hilarious.

eg8r

wolfdancer
03-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Gayle, the only reason for health care, and I got this straight from a noted expert in the field (see, pulling that lever to vote the big Red machine ticket, is like touching the omelet /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif in "2001"), one becomes an instant expert on all things......
the only reason that hc has even become an issue is we have all become "week", and therefore prone to illnesses and disease.
So, eat them Wheaties, pump that iron......

Sev
03-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Its all about the Razzel Dazzel.

We promised coverage for millions. Nobody ever said anything about actual care.

Cant wait to hear the screams.

pooltchr
03-24-2010, 07:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the only reason that hc has even become an issue is we have all become "week", and therefore prone to illnesses and disease.
So, eat them Wheaties, pump that iron......
</div></div>
Yeah...and we can solve our energy problems if we just put air in our tires!

Steve

wolfdancer
03-24-2010, 07:28 PM
You are butting in once again into a private conversation that I was having with Gayle
Address your posts to others please, as I am not interested in any of your educational material.

Gayle in MD
03-25-2010, 07:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are butting in once again into a private conversation that I was having with Gayle
Address your posts to others please, as I am not interested in any of your educational material. </div></div>

Nor am I! Unfortunately ignoramuses are unable to take a hint.

Ignore them for months, and they just keep on keeping on.

Total Ignore, makes life around here far more pleasant!

G.

pooltchr
03-25-2010, 08:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are butting in once again into a private conversation that I was having with Gayle
Address your posts to others please, as I am not interested in any of your educational material. </div></div>

It's not a private conversation if you are holding it on a public forum. If you want to have a private conversation, I would suggest you use a different medium.

Steve