PDA

View Full Version : USA/Gallop Poll Shows Majority Approve Of HCBill

Gayle in MD
03-23-2010, 06:17 PM
today's USA/Gallop poll revealed 49% approve to 40% disapprove

That approval rate will grow as the Republican lies and fear mongering are blown away with the facts.

Democratics have accomplished a great and positive CHANGE for Americans that will give many people HOPE for their futures, and protections against being ill, with no health care, and losing one's home because of it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/23/obama-democrats-begin-rea_n_510563.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only hours after the president signed health care reform legislation into law on Tuesday, the immediate political benefits for the Democratic Party are already coming into focus.

According to a Gallup/USA Today poll conducted the day after health care legislation passed the House of Representatives, 49 percent of the respondents think the passage of reform is a "good thing," compared to the 40 percent who think it is bad. The numbers are a welcome relief for a party and a presidency that had been bleeding popular support over the course of the past six months.

Democrats didn't just get a health-care-related boost in the realm of public opinion. The Democratic National Committee reported raising more than $1 million in donations on Tuesday even without making a direct ask. The money is expected to pour in for other campaign committees as well.

Responding to the growing GOP effort to get the legislation repealed, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee launched a new fundraising toolbar on its website, pointing out which Republican senatorial candidates are ready to take away what particular benefits of reform.

Meanwhile, over at the White House the mood was downright jubilant. Days before health care reform passed, the consensus among top officials was that the president could survive a legislative defeat but the party would crumble around him. The polling numbers had risen a bit since Obama confronted House Republicans during their retreat at Baltimore in January. But they were still lethargic and a cause for concern.

More than anything else, a GOP victory would have crystallized the perception that the administration had squandered a historic opportunity to get business done; that Waterloo -- as Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) threatened -- had indeed happened.

And in that sense, Tuesday's signing ceremony was as much a celebration of the past year as a chance for the administration to breathe a bit easier. Speaking just hours after the president made health care reform the law of the land, David Axelrod -- Obama's closest senior strategist -- was asked about the edge of the precipice upon which this White House once stood.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Everybody loves a winner! </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

BRAVO!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

G.

Sev
03-23-2010, 06:25 PM
You will be proven wrong in time. The people are going to be very disappointed in the near future.

LWW
03-24-2010, 05:06 AM
Odd that they don't link to the poll ... and the way they word the question doesn't even suggest that the poll states people support this bill.

It only suggests that the people support reform.

Some people are deceived ... some people want to be deceived.

LWW

Sev
03-24-2010, 07:21 AM
True.
Well lets see.
Peoloci is at 11%.
Reid is at 8%.
Congress is at 12%.
Obama is at 44-46%.
The health care bill is at 37%.

Yup sounds like the country is rock solid behind the government.

LWW
03-24-2010, 07:54 AM
I went to the Gallup survey, and they don't disclose their methodology ... which is a clear sign of a Barbara Streisand poll.

The deceivers know that the naive never look beyond the ladle portion of the spoon.

LWW

eg8r
03-24-2010, 02:07 PM
lww brought up a good point, where is the link to the actual poll? As this is worded...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to a Gallup/USA Today poll conducted the day after health care legislation passed the House of Representatives, 49 percent of the respondents think the passage of reform is a "good thing," compared to the 40 percent who think it is bad.</div></div> 49% think reform is a good idea but what do they think about the actual bill that was just passed? The majority of Americans did not like it.

eg8r

pooltchr
03-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Ed. It's called spin. The party finds some bit of information that supports their agenda, and the Obamatrons drink it down and spread it around like good little children.

Steve

Gayle in MD
03-24-2010, 03:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lww brought up a good point, where is the link to the actual poll? As this is worded...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to a Gallup/USA Today poll conducted the day after health care legislation passed the House of Representatives, 49 percent of the respondents think the passage of reform is a "good thing," compared to the 40 percent who think it is bad.</div></div> 49% think reform is a good idea but what do they think about the actual bill that was just passed? The majority of Americans did not like it.

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only hours after the president signed health care reform legislation into law on Tuesday, the immediate political benefits for the Democratic Party are already coming into focus.

According to a Gallup/USA Today poll conducted the day after health care legislation passed the House of Representatives, 49 percent of the respondents think the <span style='font-size: 20pt'>passage of reform</span> is a "good thing," compared to the 40 percent who think it is bad. The numbers are a welcome relief for a party and a presidency that had been bleeding popular support over the course of the past six months.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Right wingers refuse to READ clear, concise language if it entails getting off their incessant BS Partisan SPIN!! </span>

ugotda7
03-24-2010, 03:09 PM
49% is a majority? Someone isn't smarter than a 5th grader.

wolfdancer
03-24-2010, 03:21 PM
that is a very enlightening post, informative, and well thought out, etc. I have copied it for my friend's 4 and 8 yr old to read and learn from.
Seems to me however, that this every day claim of yours that nobody on the left side of the aisle has the superior intellect of those on the right, might now be a little, "overkill".....this should be a "given" by now,already embedded in the thought processes of, and now old news for, your colleagues. I'm sure they have ascertained all that for themselves by now... with your help, but....with this same, lead in to all of your posts, they themselves might,... just might, begin to wonder about your thoughts re: their intellect??

Gayle in MD
03-24-2010, 03:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is a very enlightening post, informative, and well thought out, etc. I have copied it for my friend's 4 and 8 yr old to read and learn from.
Seems to me however, that this every day claim of yours that nobody on the left side of the aisle has the superior intellect of those on the right, might now be a little, "overkill".....this should be a "given" by now,already embedded in the thought processes of, and now old news for, your colleagues. I'm sure they have ascertained all that for themselves by now... with your help, but....with this same, lead in to all of your posts, they themselves might,... just might, begin to wonder about your thoughts re: their intellect?? </div></div>

Whomever wrote that threat to you is a sicko!

LWW
03-24-2010, 03:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">today's USA/Gallop poll revealed 49% approve to 40% disapprove

G. </div></div>

That certainly explains this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer is warning that some of his Democratic colleagues are being threatened with violence when they go back to their districts — and he wants Republicans to stand up and condemn the threats.

The Maryland Democrat said more than 10 House Democrats have reported incidents of threats or other forms of harassment about their support of the highly divisive health insurance overhaul vote. Hoyer emphasized that he didn’t have a specific number of threats and that was just an estimate.

TheFederal Bureau of Investigation, Capitol Police and sergeant at arms briefed Democrats behind closed doors today about the incidents of violence — the most high profile of which have been toward Democratic Reps. Thomas Perriello of Virginia, Steve Driehaus of Ohio and Louise Slaughter of New York. ...

But Minority Leader John Boehner already has condemned threats of violence — and sought to explain why people are so angry.

“I know many Americans are angry over this health care bill, and that Washington Democrats just aren’t listening,” Boehner said. “But, as I’ve said, violence and threats are unacceptable. That’s not the American way. We need to take that anger and channel it into positive change. Call your congressman, go out and register people to vote, go volunteer on a political campaign, make your voice heard — but let's do it the right way." ...

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34953.html#ixzz0j8JK0SJ5 </div></div>

LWW

pooltchr
03-24-2010, 04:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is a very enlightening post, informative, and well thought out, etc. I have copied it for my friend's 4 and 8 yr old to read and learn from.
Seems to me however, that this every day claim of yours that nobody on the left side of the aisle has the superior intellect of those on the right, might now be a little, "overkill".....this should be a "given" by now,already embedded in the thought processes of, and now old news for, your colleagues. I'm sure they have ascertained all that for themselves by now... with your help, but....with this same, lead in to all of your posts, they themselves might,... just might, begin to wonder about your thoughts re: their intellect?? </div></div>

</div></div>

What threat????? Whoever sees anything in the above paragraph as a threat is an idiot.

BTW wolfie, who actually wrote that? The first time I saw it was in a post of yours.

Paranoia is a mental problem. Wolfie, and now his friend, seem to be seeing the boogie man around every corner, and in every word written. What a truely sad existance that must be.

Steve

LWW
03-24-2010, 05:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is a very enlightening post, informative, and well thought out, etc. I have copied it for my friend's 4 and 8 yr old to read and learn from.

</div></div>

What threat????? Whoever sees anything in the above paragraph as a threat is an idiot.

BTW wolfie, who actually wrote that? The first time I saw it was in a post of yours.

Paranoia is a mental problem. Wolfie, and now his friend, seem to be seeing the boogie man around every corner, and in every word written. What a truely sad existance that must be.

Steve </div></div>

Here's what went down. Wolfie has threatened me in PM in the past.

Someone forwarded a second PM to me where wolfie had made a threat towards me.

I sent wolfie the following PM, and this quote is the PM in it's entirety from me to wolfie:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have in my possession a PM from you threatening me with your arsenal.

1 - Nobody has to my knowledge threatened you.

2 - This is the second time you have threatened me.

3 - If push comes to shove, you are outmatched in ways beyond your wildest fears.

4 - I take threats to my person very seriously.

5 - At this time I am not sending this to the admins.

6 - That doesn't extend forever.

7 - There are now 3 members that have been threatened by you and/ot Gayle.

8 - I suggest that you grow up.

LWW </div></div>

And then wolfie, as he is known to do, takes a single line and uses it completely out of context so as to misrepresent the situation and then claim to be a victim when it was his own passive-aggressive actions which originated the entire issue.

IOW ... nothing out of the ordinary has happened at all.

LWW

wolfdancer
03-24-2010, 05:47 PM
thank you for the enlightening and informative info re: paranoia.
I was not familiar with the word and noticed, when I looked it up, two distinct meanings:
persecution delusion, and delusions of grandeur.
The quote, since you can't figger it out fer yerself....is from one of lww's missives to me, therefore it is real,and a few others share my concern. He also has admitted to it.
As for the grandeur part....I don't claim intellectual mastery over others, as you constantly do,... how much smarter you iz then any "lefty"...
Seemingly then, you fit your own charge...(hoist by your own petard, maybe???)
Your expert psychological analysis, and conclusions, are both unfounded, I believe, and therefore meaningless to me....

pooltchr
03-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Just trying to help, cookie. The longer you let this kind of thing go, the worse it gets. I'm sure the new Obamacare law covers psychological counselling, so take advantage of it.

Steve

LWW
03-25-2010, 06:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The quote, since you can't figger it out fer yerself....is from one of lww's missives to me, therefore it is real,and a few others share my concern. He also has admitted to it.</div></div>

So, you are acknowledging that my posted PM is true and accurate?

LWW

Gayle in MD
03-25-2010, 06:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thank you for the enlightening and informative info re: paranoia.
I was not familiar with the word and noticed, when I looked it up, two distinct meanings:
persecution delusion, and delusions of grandeur.
The quote, since you can't figger it out fer yerself....is from one of lww's missives to me, therefore it is real,and a few others share my concern. He also has admitted to it.
As for the grandeur part....I don't claim intellectual mastery over others, as you constantly do,... how much smarter you iz then any "lefty"...
Seemingly then, you fit your own charge...(hoist by your own petard, maybe???)
Your expert psychological analysis, and conclusions, are both unfounded, I believe, and therefore meaningless to me.... </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">We all know who originated the first threat, Wolf. Your statements about self defense, AFTER you were threatened, is now being called the original threat.

Ignoramous number one, tried to pull off the same revisionist history on me...revising the facts to suit themselves is the Hallmark of the righties on here, in Congress, and by their media pundits.

Pointless to try to reach or communicate with:
"How Can Forty Million People Be So Dumb"

Good that you have informed all of us here, who are your friends. If any psychopathic nutcase causes you any grief, we'll all be there to testify in your behalf....or notify the authorities.

G.

</span>

LWW
03-25-2010, 06:59 AM
Ask wolfie if it's OK for me to [post the first threat?

LWW

eg8r
03-25-2010, 08:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to a Gallup/USA Today poll conducted the day after health care legislation passed the House of Representatives, 49 percent of the respondents think the passage of reform is a "good thing," compared to the 40 percent who think it is bad. </div></div>Hmm, interesting choice of approach. We state why the poll does not say what you want it to say and then you just quote it again with bigger bolded letters. LOL. Just because you yell it over and over again at yourself does not make it true.

I agree the passage of reform is "a good thing" but I don't believe the HC bill that was passed is any type of reform let alone a "good thing".

eg8r

eg8r
03-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Well, what it is called is an effectively written question on a poll in order to get dumb people to answer the way the interrogator wants them to. No harm no foul, gayle fell for it hook line and sinker.

eg8r

eg8r
03-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Hey wolfie, if someone asks you if you believe healthcare reform is a good thing, is your response ObamaCare rules? Just wondering...

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-25-2010, 08:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to a Gallup/USA Today poll conducted the day after health care legislation passed the House of Representatives, 49 percent of the respondents think the passage of reform is a "good thing," compared to the 40 percent who think it is bad. </div></div>Hmm, interesting choice of approach. We state why the poll does not say what you want it to say and then you just quote it again with bigger bolded letters. LOL. Just because you yell it over and over again at yourself does not make it true.

<span style="color: #000066">Just because you're too dumb to read what I wrote on the heading, and what is quoted right in the text, doesn't make it incorrect. In the Poll, the majority (or respondants) approved.

Go back to school....and join a class equal to your maturity and personality, kindergarten. </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I agree the passage of reform is "a good thing" but I don't believe the HC bill that was passed is any type of reform let alone a "good thing".

eg8r </div></div>

eg8r
03-25-2010, 09:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just because you're too dumb to read what I wrote on the heading, and what is quoted right in the text, doesn't make it incorrect. </div></div>Is this an example of you attacking or calling names? I just want to call it out for you so you see examples of you acting this way.

Now, if you look at your heading '...polls shows majority approve of HCBill" and then look at what the poll actually said, "...think the passage of reform is a 'good thing'" you will see that they are two totally different things. Again, good use of phrasing by the interrogator knowing people like you would answer exactly the way he wanted you to without you taking a quick second to actually see his intent. You were duped into believing what he wanted you to believe he meant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go back to school....and join a class equal to your maturity and personality, kindergarten. </div></div>Hmm, interesting your mentioning of maturity in this sentence. It leads me to believe either you don't know what it means or you are quite lacking yourself.

eg8r

pooltchr
03-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Any reasonably intelligent person knows that there is a difference between approving of healthcare reform, and approving of the bill just signed into law.

We have been saying this all along...we needed reform....what we did not need is a poorly planned, full of mistakes that need to be fixed, 2600 page bill rushed through congress and rammed down our throats.

Steve

LWW
03-25-2010, 09:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any reasonably intelligent person knows that there is a difference between approving of healthcare reform, and approving of the bill just signed into law.

Steve </div></div>

True, but most reasonably intelligent people know that Gallup has a long history of inaccuracy, loaded questions, and not always divulging their methodology.

Rasmussen, OTOH, suffers from none of these deficiencies ... hence the far left's love for being told what they want to hear is exposed. Again.

LWW