PDA

View Full Version : Republicans ‘work for Fox’

Qtec
03-24-2010, 05:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Conservative columnist and former George W. Bush speechwriter David Frum made waves earlier this week when he announced that the Democrats' passage of health reform amounts to the GOP's "Waterloo."

On ABC's Nightline Monday night, Frum showed that he is clearly not happy with the direction that American conservatism -- at least as embodied in the Republican Party -- has taken.

"Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us and now we're discovering we work for Fox," Frum told ABC's Terry Moran. "And this balance here has been completely reversed. The thing that sustains a strong Fox network is the thing that undermines a strong Republican party."

Frum laid the blame for the anger of anti-health reform protesters not with the GOP, but with talk radio and Fox News, which he said was the "real leadership" in setting the terms of the political debate on health care.

"The anger trapped the [Republican] leadership," Frum said, and "the leadership discovered they have no room to maneuver as a result of the anger."

Frum's view of the GOP's electoral prospects seemed dim. "Nobody ever won an election by spitting on his political opponents," he said, evidently referring to the incident this past weekend when anti-health reform protesters spat on Democratic Rep. Emanuel Cleaver.</div></div>

Too true.

Q

Deeman3
03-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Si, I guess all those on the right running in November should just forfeit the next election, right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
03-24-2010, 08:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Frum's view of the GOP's electoral prospects seemed dim. "Nobody ever won an election by spitting on his political opponents," he said, evidently referring to the incident this past weekend when anti-health reform protesters spat on Democratic Rep. Emanuel Cleaver.</div></div>

Too true.

Q [/quote]

I don't think that is true at all. The dem's managed to take control of Washington by villifying republicans and particularly the Bush administration for 6 years.

Steve

LWW
03-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Let's analyze this.

1 - Fox is accused of using the opinion of it's viewers to affect the policy of a political party.

2 - CNN/MSNBC/HNN/ABC/NBC/CBS/NYT/LAT/USN&WR/TIME/NEWSWEEK/ET AL are accused of being puppets of a political party.

The real discussion should be over which is a preferred situation?

LWW

Gayle in MD
03-24-2010, 12:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Conservative columnist and former George W. Bush speechwriter David Frum made waves earlier this week when he announced that the Democrats' passage of health reform amounts to the GOP's "Waterloo."

On ABC's Nightline Monday night, Frum showed that he is clearly not happy with the direction that American conservatism -- at least as embodied in the Republican Party -- has taken.

"Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us and now we're discovering we work for Fox," Frum told ABC's Terry Moran. "And this balance here has been completely reversed. The thing that sustains a strong Fox network is the thing that undermines a strong Republican party."

Frum laid the blame for the anger of anti-health reform protesters not with the GOP, but with talk radio and Fox News, which he said was the "real leadership" in setting the terms of the political debate on health care.

"The anger trapped the [Republican] leadership," Frum said, and "the leadership discovered they have no room to maneuver as a result of the anger."

Too true.

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">While it is true that the nutcases are led by the likes of Limpballs, and Beck, the republicans failed to distance themselves from rhetoric which was bordering on domestic terrorism, and instead, stood there right in front of racist, sexist and threatening signage, cheering those nutcases on.

When you call their offices and protest their behavior, and lack of condemnation, their aides insist, that their congressman or senator does not support the radical elements that were presented, nor agree with their dangerous signage.

That is total BS. Not one time have any of them made a pointed public statement of serious condemnation regarding the radical dangerous behavior which we have seen growing since the election.
they try to say that it is just a few, but when you are right there, it is very evident, it is far, far more than just a few.

It is such a commentary to their overall hypocracy that they accused the president of paling around with domestic terrorists, when their party is full of them!

I wonder, why does Rupert Murdoch want to see our country degrade into unlawful hoards of violent gun toteing malicia bubbas?

Democratic headquarters around the country are being hit, their windows smashed with bricks, bearing racist anti Obama notes.

Sara Palin reveals her map of Democratic targets, using symbols of gun scope, cross hairs.

These people are unbalanced, and out of hand, and it has gotten worse throughout the last year and a half.

It was bound to get out of hand, and when these bubbas start actually killing peoople, instead of just throwing bricks, the responsibility will be on the same Fox pundits who were screaming "Diller the Killer", and the entire Republican Party, who both threw gas on the fire, and failed to denounce what was an obvious threat of violence.

Bachmann and Palin are as insane and violence provoking with their own rhetoric. I blame the leader of the party, who have failed to speak out against the pudit rhetoric of Fox, and against what they stood and cheered right from the balconies of the Capital. I saw it!

It is a disgrace of huge proportions, and the negligence displayed by the Republicans, is truly indicative of everything about that party which has repulsed me for decades.

G.
</span>

Gayle in MD
03-24-2010, 02:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Conservative columnist and former George W. Bush speechwriter David Frum made waves earlier this week when he announced that the Democrats' passage of health reform amounts to the GOP's "Waterloo."

Too true.

Q </div></div>

check this out:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Authorities are investigating the severing of a gas line at the home of U.S. Rep. Tom Perriello's brother following the posting of his address online by Tea Party activists.

The activists are upset with the Virginia congressman's vote in favor of the health care reform.

At a press conference on Wednesday afternoon, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said that at least 10 members of Congress have requested extra security due to recent threats.

Perriello's office confirmed that a line to a propane tank on a gas grill was cut at Bo Periello's Charlottesville home on Monday.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Tea Party activists had posted the address online thinking it was the congressman's home, telling opponents to drop by and "express their thanks" for his vote.</span>Albemarle County spokeswoman Lee Catlin said the county fire marshal's office was assisting the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

She said investigators did not believe there was an immediate threat to those in the home.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">I hope the FBI finds these thugs and throws them all in jail, where they belong! Same thing with the spitter, and the RW Vandals who are going around the country, throwing bricks into Democratic Headquarters.

Who didn't know the hatefilled Republican poor loser warth, wasn't going to spur their nutcase base?

G. </span>

pooltchr
03-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Gee, Gayle. If that is what you think, is it smart of anyone to possibly say anything that might pi$$ them off?

Does it make sense to purposfully irritate a bunch of psychos???

Or does the fact that you continue with your ultra leftist rants lead us to conclude that you don't really believe the opposition is really all that bad?

Steve

eg8r
03-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Darn another post of qtip's that has no link. Gayle, is qtip's factual or opinion?

eg8r

eg8r
03-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Uh oh, gaylio broke her own golden rule. No linkee anywhere.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-24-2010, 03:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uh oh, gaylio broke her own golden rule. No linkee anywhere.

eg8r </div></div>

I posted that information for one of our members who is smart enough to find the artical for himself, Q.

Ever heard of google?

G.

pooltchr
03-24-2010, 04:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uh oh, gaylio broke her own golden rule. No linkee anywhere.

eg8r </div></div>

I posted that information for one of our members who is smart enough to find the artical for himself, Q.

Ever heard of google?

G. </div></div>

And since you always demand links from everyone else, does that mean you aren't smart enough to find information for yourself???

Steve

wolfdancer
03-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Say now, that is your bestest suggestion as of yet!!!!
I like it; as it has a certain, appealing, je ne sais quoi!!

Qtec
03-25-2010, 02:38 AM
LINK (http://rawstory.com/2010/03/frum-republicans-work-fox-news/)

Happy now?

Anything sensible to say on the actual topic?

Didn't think so.

Q

Qtec
03-25-2010, 02:44 AM
Yep.

Q

Qtec
03-25-2010, 02:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's analyze this.

1 - <u>Fox is accused of using the opinion of it's viewers to affect the policy of a political party.</u>

LWW </div></div>

Eh,,,,,,,,,NO! Where did you get that idea from?
Q

Qtec
03-25-2010, 02:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uh oh, gaylio broke her own golden rule. No linkee anywhere.

eg8r </div></div>

OMG, the self appointed LINK ENFORCER is back...............!?

I bet you are wearing a cape. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Q....LOL......can just see it................LOL......."The Eg8r8or."....... Ha

Gayle in MD
03-25-2010, 05:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uh oh, gaylio broke her own golden rule. No linkee anywhere.

eg8r </div></div>

OMG, the self appointed LINK ENFORCER is back...............!?

I bet you are wearing a cape. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Q....LOL......can just see it................LOL......."The Eg8r8or."....... Ha </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">......."The Eg8r8or.". </div></div> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The Eg8r8oraggrivator.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

eg8r
03-25-2010, 08:13 AM
Good job qtip. It is just so hard to know when gayle's rules are enforced or not. Yep I have something sensible to say, this is an opinion piece. Maybe the Reps work for Fox maybe not. Either way, the shareholders are loving every minute of it. Good for Fox and bad for all politicians.

eg8r

eg8r
03-25-2010, 08:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OMG, the self appointed LINK ENFORCER is back...............!?</div></div>I am the link enforcer? Don't you remember all of gayle's rants about people not posting a link? I am just trying to figure out her logic, if there is any. How does she or you pick and choose when to post the link? Is it because you are lazy or because at some time in the future you want to say you post facts when in all reality you are ignorant of facts and just post opinions?

eg8r

eg8r
03-25-2010, 08:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ever heard of google?</div></div>Oh give me a break about google, now you are copying me. You are the one that blasts people when they don't post a link. LOL, you don't like it when I call qtip sherlock dipstick because that is what I guess you used to call him but now you are asking me about google when that is exactly where I have been telling you to go for about 8 years when you questioned my posts. LOL, it will be a cold day in hell when you are one step ahead of me on the technology front. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

pooltchr
03-25-2010, 08:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I am just trying to figure out her logic, if there is any.
eg8r </div></div>

Logic is not a requirement for a liberal.

Steve

Gayle in MD
03-25-2010, 08:36 AM
[quote=eg8r]<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ever heard of google?</div></div>Oh give me a break about google, now you are copying me. You are the one that blasts people when they don't post a link. LOL, you don't like it when I call qtip sherlock dipstick because that is what I guess you used to call him but now you are asking me about google when that is exactly where I have been telling you to go for about 8 years when you questioned my posts. LOL, it will be a cold day in hell when you are one step ahead of me on the technology front. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You are the one that blasts people when they don't post a link. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">That's a lie. Asking is not the same as blasting. This particular post shouldn't require any link, since it is common knowledge. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, you don't like it when I call qtip sherlock dipstick because that is what I guess you used to call him </div></div>
<span style="color: #000066">Another lie, I've never been rude to Q., that's your insecure game, because he is far, far more intelligent, and knowledgable thatn you could ever be in your wildest dreams, but now if you want to talk about immaturity, then you would have that one over Q. any day.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but now you are asking me about google when that is exactly where I have been telling you to go for about 8 years when you questioned my posts. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Gross exaggeration. Most of the last eight years I've had you on ignore, where you're probably going to end up again, today, since you are so rude, and immature. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, it will be a cold day in hell when you are one step ahead of me on the technology front. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Life isn't a competition to me, Ed, it's just a fun, interesting journey...I leave the competing to the ranting, rude, foolish and incecure....

You really need to ramp it down....it makes you look very small....</span>

eg8r
03-25-2010, 09:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a lie. Asking is not the same as blasting. This particular post shouldn't require any link, since it is common knowledge. </div></div>Why don't you just post all of your rules so we have the full picture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gross exaggeration. Most of the last eight years I've had you on ignore, where you're probably going to end up again, today, since you are so rude, and immature. </div></div>But this does not mean I did not respond to your posts and you did not read them. We all know you read them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Life isn't a competition to me, Ed, it's just a fun, interesting journey...</div></div>I wish your actions spoke louder than your words (figuratively).

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-25-2010, 09:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a lie. Asking is not the same as blasting. This particular post shouldn't require any link, since it is common knowledge. </div></div>Why don't you just post all of your rules so we have the full picture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gross exaggeration. Most of the last eight years I've had you on ignore, where you're probably going to end up again, today, since you are so rude, and immature. </div></div>But this does not mean I did not respond to your posts and you did not read them. We all know you read them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Life isn't a competition to me, Ed, it's just a fun, interesting journey...</div></div>I wish your actions spoke louder than your words (figuratively).

eg8r </div></div>

They will now....

I gave you another chance, but you're just as immature and childish as you've always been....gave you a shot because Wolf said you had simmered down with the sarcasm and insults...guess that was just a twinkie month...soooooooo

Bye again. You are a waste of time, and NO, I don't read any posts when I get bored with any of you original righties, and never read the A**Ho*e Zealot Biggots from AZB....but your egos won't allow you to believe it, and typical of your personalities in general...
Back to ignore, for you, Ed...C-ya /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif
G.

pooltchr
03-25-2010, 09:37 AM
don't worry, Ed. She doesn't mean it. When she says she is putting you on ignore, what she means is she is going to continue to read your posts, and get someone else to respond for her because she is tired of looking like a fool.

Steve

LWW
03-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Seriously ... why ask G and Q for a link.

I have demonstrated time after time that they don't read them anyway.

I usually have to read them and explain to them that the link doesn't support the story placed on the spoon for them.

LWW

eg8r
03-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Ehh, ignore or not, it doesn't matter. We don't see eye to eye and she would prefer to attack and call me names while condoning any action I might take in similar manner. Call it what you want.

eg8r

pooltchr
03-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Surely you have been around here long enough to understand that is her style whenever anyone disputes her ideas, or challenges her with facts.

Steve