PDA

View Full Version : Guns, Ammo, Hunting, Shooting and Reloading.

Sev
03-24-2010, 08:08 PM
I thought this would be a nice distraction from all the political threads.

There is nothing better than a thorough discussion on one of the great pastimes of America. Guns and the shooting sports. The prefeances of hardware are as different and varied as those in the sport of pool. Perhaps more so due to the many different disaplines where guns are concerned.

So lets hear what your preferances are and some stories.

Sev
03-25-2010, 06:36 AM
I've been shooting since the age of 4. My dad would take me down to the local dump to shoot rats and cans. Great times. I still have that old Mossberg .22. Its pretty much worn out from all the tens of thousands off rounds I put through it. There was a time I couldn't miss anything that came within my peep site and later cross hairs. Good days.

It was the beginning of a life time of shooting and competition.

LWW
03-25-2010, 06:56 AM
I still have my .22LR Colt Woodsman from when I was a kid.

I also learned firearms at a very young age.

Every American should bring home their own dinner from the woods at least once.

LWW

Sev
03-25-2010, 07:36 AM
Ahh the venerable Colt woodsman. It was a good pistol back in the day.
I used to use my fathers Ruger Single Six. Unfortunately my mother sold it after his death and never told me.

What I use now are Hi-Standard supermatic citations. I have a trophy model and a regular on that was customized. Both are ray-gun style. Not much will out shoot them unless you move to Walther or better.

eg8r
03-25-2010, 08:53 AM
I have only owned toy guns and ones that did not look realistic at all. My mother would have no guns in our household. I guess it stuck with me because I have never bought one since.

eg8r

LWW
03-25-2010, 09:37 AM
And there in a nutshell is the difference between left and right.

A conservative who doesn't like guns won't buy one.

A leftist who doesn't like guns will want them banned ... and then keep one hidden away anyway for their own t=interests.

LWW

Sev
03-25-2010, 01:10 PM
I have found over time that some of the most accurate ammunition for the 22 was Remington target. However it has unfortunate tendancy to misfire. Especially in during NRA Olympic style comptetition.
Hansen was another great shooter. Unfortunately the factory was destroyed in Yugoslavia I believe.

Sev
03-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Tried Eley, Noble, T22 and others. Most were more consistent through my Chronograph however the Remington seemed to print better on paper. You wouldn't believe the difference in velocity from bullet to bullet. Some were close to being squib loads.

LWW
03-26-2010, 04:28 AM
I bought a bunch of .22LR target ammo, I'll have to check the brand ... it was an off brand ... that is incredibly accurate.

It was some insane closeout price ... like $10.00 for 2,500 rounds.

I don't shoot the .22 much, but I should.

Picked up used a Ruger bull barrel Volquartsen target also. Nice gun.

LWW

Sev
03-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Nice buy. Let me know what the brand was.
The Ruger is a great pistol.

However if you get the chance to pick up a hi-standard. Say circa 1959 to 1961 and it is a 102,103 or 104 Supermatic Citation you will be amazed.
Also the 107 military is a great choice. However I prefer the raygun style as the angle of of the grip is designed on a more obtuse angle which is more natural to a relaxed grip.

Hi-Standard is the only US made pistol to win an Olympic gold if I remember correctly.

LWW
03-26-2010, 01:08 PM
PMC ... and I understated it. Got in the ammo storage, it was $50.00 for 2,500 rounds.

On hand we currently have:

1,900 rounds of .22 LR target.
400 rounds of .22 LR HP's.
50 rounds of .22 LR HOT SHOTS (Great for varmints.)

500 rounds of 9MM ball.
100 rounds of 9MM JHP Hydra-Shocks.

300 rounds of .380 ACP ball.
100 rounds of .380 ACP Hydra-Shocks.

100 rounds of .45 ACP ball.
100 rounds of .45 ACP Hydra-Shocks.

750 rounds of .223 NATO jacketed.
100 rounds of .223 NATO armor piercing.

200 rounds of .38 special ball.
100 rounds of .38 special JHP's.

100 rounds of .357 (Revolver type, not Sig.) Hydra-Shocks.

100 rounds of 7.62 jacketed.

Plus what is in the couple I keep loaded.

LWW

LWW
03-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Here's my newest type home defender.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/lww/subalbum/CAR15.jpg

LWW

LWW
03-26-2010, 01:32 PM
This is his big brother.

I picked up the nuts last time I was in Texas ... I even made an internet offer to hand deliver a whiff of Bush's nuts to any Talibaner who wanted to stop by.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/lww/NewStuff/BushNuts002.jpg

LWW

LWW
03-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Here's another of our toys.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/lww/NewStuff/DkSd101506005.jpg

LWW

Sev
03-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Nice.

Seems there is a gun show down here every month. Most of my supplies were depleted over the years. However once I get my reloading center set up again I will be good to go.
I would like to pick up a Dillon 1050 for reloading larger quantities. Just have to check and see if it is less expensive these days to reload or just by battle bags of ammo.

wolfdancer
03-26-2010, 07:19 PM
I get the feeling that this is a teflon coating thread to offset the "intimidating" shout box dialogue....but it reminded me of years, decades, back.. about deer hunting in NYS. It's only for a short time, no rifles allowed, just a shotgun with a deer slug.
The once a year "hunters" drink all night, get up early the next day, and the idea is to split the party up, one group wanders off and works their way back, hopefully driving the deer towards the shooters.....since the deer are smarter then most of the city dweller hunters....the ones most likely to be shot are the ones driving the non existent deer herd, usually late in the afternoon. Two stories I remember from back then....there was a deer that was tame and the Alleghany Mountains neighborhood fed him...to protect it, they dressed it in loud clothes, with a sign on it's back...it got shot with the explanation that the hunter thought it had ran into a clothesline.
A young kid was shot and killed, riding a bike, delivering papers, wearing a red jacket....he was mistaken for a deer as well.( probably thought it to be a deer that had escaped from a circus, maybe?...I just thought of that excuse) My friend Bob was part of that inept group of hunters, although his Dad and older brother were expert hunters and fishermen.
Story goes that Bob once came running back to the main party, yelling "a herd of deer over the hill"....they turned out to be cows instead,but 4 legs and a hide...I can see how he could have been mistaken ...another time Bob heard a movement in the bushes, shot and missed .... it was his Dad, who then beat the crap out of him.....all these stories from years back came to mind reading your "hunting" thread....but who knows, you may be a great hunter???

LWW
03-27-2010, 05:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice.

Seems there is a gun show down here every month. Most of my supplies were depleted over the years. However once I get my reloading center set up again I will be good to go.
I would like to pick up a Dillon 1050 for reloading larger quantities. Just have to check and see if it is less expensive these days to reload or just by battle bags of ammo. </div></div>

Gun shows are a great American tradition that we must protect.

The brown shirts have the 2nd amendment in their sights ... and if that falls everything falls.

I've never done my own reloading. What's a good starting setup?

LWW

Sev
03-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Depends what you have.

I wouldnt start with a 9mm or 380 as they are small in if you are using a single stage press it can be frustrating to get the bullets lined up properly.

The 45 ACP is easy to start with as well as any rifle cartridges. Powder and primer selection is critical as well as the condition of the cartridges.
Different powders have different burn rates and thus create different chamber pressures.
Excess chamber pressure can cause bulging or on rare occasions cause the weapon to explode.

Also if you are loading for say a Colt 45 ACP it is wise to get a spring selection for the slide. As teen I ruined my Gold Cup as the guy that sold it to me fail to inquire if I new about different spring weights to be used for different loads.

A good place to start for and initial set up is the RCBS rock chucker. It is a single stage press and made to precise specs. Which is necessary for target rounds.

You also need a electronic scale if your are going to weight each bullet and powder charge.

Either and electronic of manual powder trickler is necessary. The electronic one will save time. However I have always checked the weight of the charge continually on a scale to make sure of consistency.

Pick a caliber and we can start there if I have loaded for it. I have not loaded for 223.

LWW
03-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Sounds like it's not really any less expensive in the long run than buying store bought ammo.

For target practice I usually shoot (90%) cheap ball ammo and a little (10%) home defense rounds just so I remember the feel of the higher pressure rounds.

With the AR, you can find discount .223 NATO rounds at any good gun show for not a lot of money. The Israelis make some really good stuff.

LWW

hondo
03-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Man, I was praying you didn't enter this thread.
Just what they wanted. Their whole point for posting.

Oh, well, you are what you are, my friend.

wolfdancer
03-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Hondo, I only mentioned some old hunting related stories. I even looked for and found my old Rod & Gun Club shirt. I think for every hour of hunting, we sat around drinking and telling hunting stories for 20 hrs. On any given afternoon, even our ex-Mayor was holding court at the bar. Never a fight there, but one guy that I grew up with jumped off the pier,drunk, near closing time, and drowned before anybody could find him in the murky night waters.
I posted originally because I thought it was a ....hunting thread, you know "American Sportsman", and all that....I used to read my cousin's Field and Stream, and Sports Afield, mags...but never read any articles like "these"

LWW
03-27-2010, 02:22 PM
I've considered one of these:

http://www.magnumresearch.com/images/tach_ult_hunt.gif

for some deer/bear hunting.

LWW

Sev
03-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Magnum Research aye?
Nice design.

You would get more out of a Thomson Contender. Of course its a one shot one hit deal.

Also the Casull 454 mag has some good potential. I tend to stay away from hunting with a pistol unless its small game. My reaction is actually better with a long gun.

LWW
03-28-2010, 04:58 AM
The Desert Eagle would be a back up.

I have no desire to scrap with Yogi bare knuckles.

LWW

LWW
03-28-2010, 04:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man, I was praying you didn't enter this thread.
Just what they wanted. Their whole point for posting.

Oh, well, you are what you are, my friend. </div></div>

You aren't here for the hunting are you?

LWW

ugotda7
03-28-2010, 05:26 AM
I prefer AR-15 type variants as I'm very familiar with them.

LWW
03-28-2010, 05:51 AM
I'm honestly shocked they aren't used more for hunting.

LWW

ugotda7
03-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Yeah, they're great rifles.

Sev
03-28-2010, 08:45 AM
True. However you can get 45-70 chambered in a revolver.
Def not for the faint of heart.

Sev
03-28-2010, 08:51 AM
They are a great design. Especially the old AR-10's in 308.
I am hoping to get my hands on a Beowulf once my cash flow becomes steady again.

For now though I am still happy with my HK91. Now that puppy can print on paper 500 yards out using iron sites. Man I miss those days.

LWW
03-28-2010, 08:58 AM
My eyes are no longer good enough to hit at that distance ... but 100 yards is still nothing with open sights.

LWW

Sev
03-28-2010, 03:23 PM
I hear ya.
Its scopes these day I think for me.
However I am a big fan of peep sight. Love the one on my Marlin 2000 biathlon.

cushioncrawler
03-28-2010, 04:45 PM
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/PeevesPeevesPeeves/catapult.jpg

cushioncrawler
03-28-2010, 04:50 PM
I carry one of theze at all times.
madMac.http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac252/partytownblue/100_0031.jpg

LWW
03-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Hopefully we can keep this discussion alive and troll free.

We also have an Iver-Johnson .22LR pocket pistol.

A .357 Taurus revolver.

A Kimber 1911 .45ACP.

A Rooskie POS SKS 7.62 rifle.

A Colt .38 Special revolver.

LWW

wolfdancer
03-29-2010, 04:42 PM
your "hunting" post reminded me of this very old movie, that might have been remade....I don't have total recall any more.
Plot went that they moved the warning bouys, and that caused shipwrecks, and the survivors would probably be the fittest.
After the swam to the nearby island they were captured,released the next day and given a head start to evade the rich (Republican?) sportsman, that had paid $$$ to hunt and kill them.
Do you have any photos of your kills, or hunting trophies, shooting medals, that you would like to share with your enrapt readers?
You might want to post to this site instead:
*** (http://huntingpictures.net/)
hunting photos, handguns of every kind and a real killer, hunter:
http://www.huntingpictures.net/data/516/404710_WEB-2_marked-med.jpg

cushioncrawler
03-29-2010, 06:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully we can keep this discussion alive and troll free. We also have an Iver-Johnson .22LR pocket pistol. A .357 Taurus revolver. A Kimber 1911 .45ACP. A Rooskie POS SKS 7.62 rifle. A Colt .38 Special revolver. LWW</div></div>Dubb -- A shanghai iz bad. In ozz it iz possible to get a permit for a .22 or .357 or .45 or 7.62 -- but shanghais are strictly illegal -- no one can get a permit for one -- no one iz allowed to hav one.

madSherie used to keep a .22 in the closet.
The first bullet woz a proper bullet -- this woz for a warning shot.
The second bullet woz ratshot -- this woz for a warning body shot.
The third bullet woz a proper bullet -- if still needed -- for a lethal body shot.
madMac.madMac.

Sev
03-29-2010, 06:19 PM
The Kimber is def the top dog of that collection.

I would dump the SKS at the nearest opportunity. As Ugot said the AR frame is pretty nice and has become quite versatile these days.
I often thought it would be sweet to have an ar style chamber in either 280 Remington or 3006.
Of the 2 the 280 actually has a better ballistic coefficient. And produces a more stable and flatter trajectory.

I recently had a 1897 model 94 Carl Gustov model 94 6.5mm
Swedish Mauser redone. I actually found found a new 18 inch barrel for it in the white. Picked that up for 25 buck. The gun was free as it was picked out of a garbage can.

It has a new barrel, its been blued. The bolt has been turn and jeweled. A new synthetic stock has been installed as well as a Timely Trigger. I also has Leopold scope mounts install and its capped off by a Redfield scope. Its still a virgin.

The 6.5mm Swede holds the most meddles for accuracy.

ugotda7
03-29-2010, 09:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are a great design. Especially the old AR-10's in 308.
I am hoping to get my hands on a Beowulf once my cash flow becomes steady again.

For now though I am still happy with my HK91. Now that puppy can print on paper 500 yards out using iron sites. Man I miss those days. </div></div>

Have a Beowulf, got a good deal on it before the gun buying madness started, have yet to shoot it. Ammo is expensive and hard to find though.

LWW
03-30-2010, 02:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully we can keep this discussion alive and troll free. We also have an Iver-Johnson .22LR pocket pistol. A .357 Taurus revolver. A Kimber 1911 .45ACP. A Rooskie POS SKS 7.62 rifle. A Colt .38 Special revolver. LWW</div></div>Dubb -- A shanghai iz bad. In ozz it iz possible to get a permit for a .22 or .357 or .45 or 7.62 -- but shanghais are strictly illegal -- no one can get a permit for one -- no one iz allowed to hav one.

The third bullet woz a proper bullet -- if still needed -- for a lethal body shot.
madMac.madMac. </div></div>

I pray that my country never lays down as the Aussies did in surrendering their freedom.

BTW ... if you ever go back, a .22 is only slightly more lethal than you slingshot.

LWW

LWW
03-30-2010, 02:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Kimber is def the top dog of that collection.</div></div>

Everybody thinks that but me.

I've never fired another handgun that handled quite like a Sig.

LWW

LWW
03-30-2010, 02:19 AM
I wish I had a Beowolf.

LWW

Stretch
03-30-2010, 03:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully we can keep this discussion alive and troll free. We also have an Iver-Johnson .22LR pocket pistol. A .357 Taurus revolver. A Kimber 1911 .45ACP. A Rooskie POS SKS 7.62 rifle. A Colt .38 Special revolver. LWW</div></div>Dubb -- A shanghai iz bad. In ozz it iz possible to get a permit for a .22 or .357 or .45 or 7.62 -- but shanghais are strictly illegal -- no one can get a permit for one -- no one iz allowed to hav one.

madMac.madMac. </div></div>

I pray that my country never lays down as the Aussies did in surrendering their freedom.

BTW ... if you ever go back, a .22 is only slightly more lethal than you slingshot.

LWW </div></div>

Well there you go Mac. According to the illustrious Larry the Australians are doomed to a live a life of servitude armed with nothing more than sling shots. ( being only slightly less usefull than a 22 ).

This is the kind of foriegn relations insights that make the Republican Party such a gosh darn envy on the world stage. St.

cushioncrawler
03-30-2010, 05:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully we can keep this discussion alive and troll free. We also have an Iver-Johnson .22LR pocket pistol. A .357 Taurus revolver. A Kimber 1911 .45ACP. A Rooskie POS SKS 7.62 rifle. A Colt .38 Special revolver. LWW</div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dubb -- A shanghai iz bad. In ozz it iz possible to get a permit for a .22 or .357 or .45 or 7.62 -- but shanghais are strictly illegal -- no one can get a permit for one -- no one iz allowed to hav one. madSherie used to keep a .22 in the closet. The first bullet woz a proper bullet -- this woz for a warning shot. The second bullet woz ratshot -- this woz for a warning body shot. The third bullet woz a proper bullet -- if still needed -- for a lethal body shot.</div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I pray that my country never lays down as the Aussies did in surrendering their freedom. BTW ... if you ever go back, a .22 is only slightly more lethal than you slingshot. LWW</div></div>Dubb -- What with global warming, water in ozz iz now so scarce that few can afford a water'balloon'slingshot. madSherie hadta hand in her .22 years ago, along with allmost everyone else, when the new gun laws came in. But we hav two lots of rednecks across our street and they sometimes hav a good shooting session when they are happy -- the police say they karnt do anything about it if its on their own property. And one old neighbour down the street woz threatened with shooting by hiz loopy neighbour, a viet vet, over a fencing dispute -- dunno how it ended. And every couple of years it sounds like the usofa civil war near here when the gun club get to shoot every roo they can see on one of the farms when they get a permit to cull the roos. And on most weekends there iz lots of shooting in the forest out back -- probly shooting koalas.
madMac.

ugotda7
03-30-2010, 05:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Kimber is def the top dog of that collection.</div></div>

Everybody thinks that but me.

I've never fired another handgun that handled quite like a Sig.

LWW </div></div>

Sigs are awesome - I like the P226 X-Five tactical and P239 (DAK) - both in 9mm.

LWW
03-30-2010, 07:26 AM
We have a 9 ball P228 and a P232 in .380 ACP.

Love both of them.

I wish I knew someone with a Sig 1911?

Never was really impressed with the Beretta 92 ... but that was a political deal and not a true weapons choice when those were contracted for.

I was ready to buy an HK SOCOM ... until I fired one. Not a bad gun at all, but horribly expensive. But, then again, I don't often need a 10 round .45 ACP that I can swim with.

LWW

Sev
03-30-2010, 07:38 AM
Sigs def rock.
Used to shoot my buddies P228. It fit my hand better than any pistol I ever held.

Now if you want a little long distance fun with a wheel gun. The older Dan Wesson in 41 mag with an 8 inch barrel prints very well at 100 yards. On a sunny day you can actually see the glint of sun light on the bullet as it travels down range.

LWW
03-30-2010, 10:17 AM
A friend of mine has a .454 Cassull BFR.

I think a mule kicks lighter... but I've never been kicked by a mule and my curiosity ends short of physical experimentation.

LWW

Sev
03-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Thats a tough one not to comment on. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Never had the pleasure of shooting the Cassull.

I walked into a local gun store a while back and there was a 50 cal Barret sniper rifle. Soooooooo Sweet!!

LWW
03-31-2010, 04:17 AM
Thank the Heavens above that we have a strong NRA to stand as a counterweight to the forces of tyranny at work today.

LWW

Sev
03-31-2010, 06:57 AM
Actually Fatboy invited me out to Vegas to do some shooting with his Barrett.
Shooting targets at 2000 meters has got to be a blast.

Sev
06-01-2010, 07:54 PM
So Larry.
I walk into what I consider my new gun heaven a few weeks ago. The walls are lined racks of assault weapons. The last time I was in there they had a Barret 50 cal sniper for sale. It was sweet.

So anyway I have been looking to get a Kimber in 45ACP or 10mm. So things being what they are currently I have been debating trading a brand new Remington 11-87 Ducks Unlimited 12ga that I won in a raffle about 20 years ago. I put it together once and then put it back in the box. It has the matte parkerized finish.
Not sure what the current value of the shotgun is though.

It would be only the second gun I have ever gotten rid of. However I dont see ever using it sooooooo... .

wolfdancer
06-02-2010, 02:12 AM
shouldn't this be in PMs to each other? Not too many people are that enthralled by your weaponry expertise. I know... this is meant to impress the rest of us...."don't mess with these two, as they are stone cold killers"....
It would be way more impressive if you two had any combat experience, but then combat vets don't talk about guns as if they were adult toys
....one new member here... was a returning Iraq veteran..he got turned off by Monty's "war stories" and left.

Qtec
06-02-2010, 03:59 AM
I asked them, "what about the other 7 years?"

The silence was deafening.

Q

Qtec
06-02-2010, 04:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shouldn't this be in PMs to each other? Not too many people are that enthralled by your weaponry expertise. I know... this is meant to impress the rest of us...<u>."don't mess with these two, as they are stone cold killers"...</u>.<span style="color: #CC0000">LOL</span>
It would be way more impressive if you two had any combat experience, but then combat vets don't talk about guns as if they were adult toys
....one new member here... was a returning Iraq veteran..he got turned off by Monty's "war stories" and left.

</div></div>

Ouch! You still got it Wolf.

Q...owned. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LWW
06-02-2010, 04:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shouldn't this be in PMs to each other? Not too many people are that enthralled by your weaponry expertise. I know... this is meant to impress the rest of us...."don't mess with these two, as they are stone cold killers"....

</div></div>

Obviously you are enthralled by it.

If you don't like the thread, don't read it.

What's that?

You couldn't troll if you did that?

I know that ... so does everybody else.

LWW

LWW
06-02-2010, 04:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q...owned. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Yes, you are. You should be used to it by now.

LWW

LWW
06-02-2010, 04:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I asked them, "what about the other 7 years?"

The silence was deafening.

Q </div></div>

Actually ... that is a gross misrepresentation of the truth.

What's that?

You know it but want to avoid the embarrassment you self inflict upon yourself daily?

Honesty would be a nice way to start that.

LWW

Sev
06-02-2010, 05:15 AM
And this all has to do with what exactly.

As far as your assertion that veterans dont talk about weapons you are apparently grossly ill informed.
Many are avid hunters, competitive shooter and collectors. I have shot with and competed against WWII veterans right up through the Gulf War veterans.
None of them seemed to have your opinion.

Most however did not discuss what occurred on the battle field and I have never found it appropriate to inquire.

Nope this is a discussion board. Doesn't seem to be any lack of closed discussions made in the open on this site.

And whom would this mystery member be?? Were you perhaps PMing him to death?

hondo
06-02-2010, 05:15 AM
You dig up a thread that's over 2 months old?
Your intentions are obvious. Shallow Sev.

Sev
06-02-2010, 05:25 AM
Not at all.
Elmer has made it a point to keep talking about it at every opportunity.
He obviously is fascinated by the thread and I am considering trading a new shotgun for a used Kimber or Sig.

Merely killing 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak.

Sev
06-02-2010, 06:21 AM
Now back to the topic at hand.

I am figuring I should be able to absorb at least 3/4 of the cost of the pistol on the trade.

It is also nice to not need a pistol permit.

LWW
06-02-2010, 01:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not at all.
Elmer has made it a point to keep talking about it at every opportunity.
He obviously is fascinated by the thread and I am considering trading a new shotgun for a used Kimber or Sig.

Merely killing 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak.
</div></div>

More threats I see.

Isn't it odd how an <s>moonbat</s> <s>leftist</s> <s>demokook</s> <s>pacifist</s> <s>Obamatron</s> person who marches to the beat of a very different drum can see threats nearly everywhere ... except in threatening to throw someone throw a plate glass window or use violence against their wife?

Quite a peculiar ideology if'n y'all ask me.

LWW

wolfdancer
06-02-2010, 02:27 PM
the gun discussions that I was referring to...was your's and Monty's about shooting people.....that happened to look at you sneeringly?
and no matter how you try to color it....it reads like you believe others don't know which end of the barrel the bullet leaves from.
You, lww and Steve really should have your own site....as all this important, insiders info that you try to disseminate in a noble,but unintentionally comedic attempt to educate others....sometimes gets lost in the hubbub here...
it's so hard to seperate the wheat from the chaff...which is a polite way of saying the bs from the truth

hondo
06-02-2010, 02:54 PM
If you choose to respond to your critics as though they are ignorant, so be it.
I've got guns but I'm not an addict.
As you intimated in your post, it's more about timing than
it is any desire to flaunt information.

But I'm used to everything but the truth being expressed on here.

Carry on. Doesn't really bother me. I'm all for gun ownership myself.

wolfdancer
06-02-2010, 03:37 PM
BS !!!
Just from your posts....I'd put your hunting skills on a par with Dick Cheney's. Say, now....there is a great idea....why don't you hook up with lww and go bird hunting?
I come from a family and a neighborhood of hunters,fishermen, and used to belong to the local rod and gun club myself....never did much of either myself....but in the hours I spent at the club bar, listening to the stories...ain't never heer'd anything like your "stories". My old pool team from up here, were also dedicated hunters/fishers....most REAL hunters talk about the hunt itslef, and the game, and not the weapons. I did some bird hunting down in Ga....guy owned 500 acres, and raised hunting dogs..as bad a shot as I am....them dogs didn't know how dangerous it was to point for me....

hondo
06-02-2010, 04:16 PM
I used to be a pretty decent shot, but it's been years since I've fired a gun and I don't hunt.
I'm sure I would be okay if needed.

My wife's a decent shot. Scares me!

My son just started hunting last year and got his 1st buck this past November. ( He's 32!) Cut up the meat too. There's
nothing that boy can't do.

wolfdancer
06-02-2010, 04:54 PM
my cousin, who is my age....is a lifelong hunter/fisherman,and the best one in the neighborhood, when we were growing up.
(still hunts deer every year)... his best friends, two brothers, and their dad were also outdoorsman. One of the brothers was not as good as the rest of the crew, and there are lots of "funny" stories about him, like the time he almost shot his old man, .....but one story about them that I remember....the brothers were ice fishing on Lake Erie, and a big chunk broke off, and headed for the Niagara river....which leads to Niagara Falls. The front page picture was the CG helicopter plucking them off the floe.
That made me remember the story of a 7 yr old who went over, but survived....
Looking that up....the story is on what happened after....it became a religious experience:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Ross, look," I said. "How did I ever survive falling in there? I could have hit one of those rocks."

He put his arm around my shoulder. "I told you, Roger, God truly was watching out for you," he said. Right then I felt weak with relief, almost as if I were floating. God had always watched over me. Not just when I went over the falls, but all through my difficult boyhood he had steered me clear of the rocks and thrown me lifelines when troubles threatened to drag me under.

Finally, all these years later, I understood. My miracle had never ended. And it never will, as long as I trust him always to catch me when I fall."

</div></div>
(Guns, ammo, and then ... God? I got to learn to stay on topic)
+++ (http://www.guideposts.com/story/niagara-falls-survivor?page=0%2C3)

LWW
06-02-2010, 06:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But I'm used to everything but the truth being expressed on here.</div></div>

I've noticed that.

LWW

LWW
06-02-2010, 06:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't hunt. </div></div>

And you got all pizzy when I said just that.

LWW

hondo
06-02-2010, 06:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't hunt. </div></div>

And you got all pizzy when I said just that.

LWW </div></div>

That's because you were insinuating that I was gay.
I'm not. You, I'm not so sure about.
You do an awful lot of protesting which seems odd.

But, hey, dud, you are what you are, butty.

Sev
06-02-2010, 07:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the gun discussions that I was referring to...was your's and Monty's about shooting people.....that happened to look at you sneeringly?
and no matter how you try to color it....it reads like you believe others don't know which end of the barrel the bullet leaves from.
You, lww and Steve really should have your own site....as all this important, insiders info that you try to disseminate in a noble,but unintentionally comedic attempt to educate others....sometimes gets lost in the hubbub here...
it's so hard to seperate the wheat from the chaff...which is a polite way of saying the bs from the truth </div></div>

Well quick draw, I'm not the guy that almost blew off the family jewels now am I.

Sev
06-02-2010, 07:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BS !!!
Just from your posts....I'd put your hunting skills on a par with Dick Cheney's. Say, now....there is a great idea....why don't you hook up with lww and go bird hunting?
I come from a family and a neighborhood of hunters,fishermen, and used to belong to the local rod and gun club myself....never did much of either myself....but in the hours I spent at the club bar, listening to the stories...ain't never heer'd anything like your "stories". My old pool team from up here, were also dedicated hunters/fishers....most REAL hunters talk about the hunt itslef, and the game, and not the weapons. I did some bird hunting down in Ga....guy owned 500 acres, and raised hunting dogs..as bad a shot as I am....them dogs didn't know how dangerous it was to point for me....
</div></div>

To what are you calling bullsh$t??
Hard to tell what you are talking about when you dont quote the passage.

Sev
06-02-2010, 07:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used to be a pretty decent shot, but it's been years since I've fired a gun and I don't hunt.
I'm sure I would be okay if needed.

My wife's a decent shot. Scares me!

My son just started hunting last year and got his 1st buck this past November. ( He's 32!) Cut up the meat too. There's
nothing that boy can't do. </div></div>

I have always enjoyed collecting and competitive shooting. I reload a fair variety of calibers and also do 20 and 12ga. I actually make my own shot for them.

There is nothing like butchering your own. I have a friend that is a hunters hunter. Very dedicated. However I will not let him put a knife to anything I shoot. He's terrible in the butchering department even though we learned together.

wolfdancer
06-02-2010, 07:21 PM
BS...your posts
I thought it to be self evident that not all men are....equally adept at telling the truth here....there's my bs, which I'm afraid does not hold a candle to yours, and ain't even on the same page as your two good buddies.

Sev
06-02-2010, 07:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BS...your posts
I thought it to be self evident that not all men are....equally adept at telling the truth here....there's my bs, which I'm afraid does not hold a candle to yours, and ain't even on the same page as your two good buddies. </div></div>

Ahh I see. Well believe what you will. I am secure in both my hunting and shooting skills. Though I have always been a better marksman than hunter.

Baxter
06-02-2010, 08:58 PM
I've been shooting since I was about 7 or 8. I love guns, and I love shooting sports. I'll never hunt or kill an animal unless I was hungry and needed to eat though. My guns are all for shooting sports, except the Benelli 12 gauge, Springfield Armory .45ACP, and Bersa .380. Those are all for home/self defense. The Bersa is the perfect pocket piece. Holds 7-1, and you can get a good pocket holster for it as well. And yes, I do have my CCL. The Bersa stays on my person most of the time, the .45ACP in my glove compartment, and the 12 gauge next to my nightstand.

Baxter
06-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Never had to use any of them, but came close at home with the 12 gauge. Somebody had been trying to break into our house (me, my GF, and her 2 kids) through the back door 2 weeks in a row (while I wasn't home). Finally on the 3rd week (it was always a Tuesday night, probably because I usually wasn't home) I sat in the backyard with my Benelli and waited. As soon as I heard him starting to climb the fence, I racked it as loud as I can and screamed "I F*CKING DARE YOU!" He didn't show up ever again.

Sev
06-02-2010, 09:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Baxter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never had to use any of them, but came close at home with the 12 gauge. Somebody had been trying to break into our house (me, my GF, and her 2 kids) through the back door 2 weeks in a row (while I wasn't home). Finally on the 3rd week (it was always a Tuesday night, probably because I usually wasn't home) I sat in the backyard with my Benelli and waited. As soon as I heard him starting to climb the fence, I racked it as loud as I can and screamed "I F*CKING DARE YOU!" He didn't show up ever again. </div></div>

Nice. Nothing like the sound of a 12ga racking to catch some attention.

CA is a pretty tough state to get a CCP.

hondo
06-02-2010, 09:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Baxter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never had to use any of them, but came close at home with the 12 gauge. Somebody had been trying to break into our house (me, my GF, and her 2 kids) through the back door 2 weeks in a row (while I wasn't home). Finally on the 3rd week (it was always a Tuesday night, probably because I usually wasn't home) I sat in the backyard with my Benelli and waited. As soon as I heard him starting to climb the fence, I racked it as loud as I can and screamed "I F*CKING DARE YOU!" He didn't show up ever again. </div></div>

I hear you, bro.
We've got to be able to defend ourselves.

wolfdancer
06-03-2010, 01:31 AM
It's odd but this hunting thread...has no mention of hunting in it?...Also the guns that I have seen mentioned, would not be allowed for hunting game in my home state of NY.
Reminds me that old line "that dog don't hunt"
Kind of like this guy...
great white hunter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK70eDdHBQs)

Sev
06-03-2010, 05:00 AM
Please see the title for clarification.

LWW
06-03-2010, 10:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's odd but this hunting thread...has no mention of hunting in it? </div></div>
Well ... you have proven, again, that no matter how low the bar is set you can find your way under it.

Might I suggest that you read the quotes ... all from THIS thread ... and man up with an apology to this august forum for your obvious and willful trolling?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every American should bring home their own dinner from the woods at least once.

LWW </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I get the feeling that this is a teflon coating thread to offset the "intimidating" shout box dialogue....but it reminded me of years, decades, back.. about deer hunting in NYS. It's only for a short time, no rifles allowed, just a shotgun with a deer slug. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hondo, I only mentioned some old hunting related stories.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've considered one of these:

http://www.magnumresearch.com/images/tach_ult_hunt.gif

for some deer/bear hunting.

LWW
</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tend to stay away from hunting with a pistol unless its small game. My reaction is actually better with a long gun. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You aren't here for the hunting are you?

LWW </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm honestly shocked they aren't used more for hunting.

LWW </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">your "hunting" post reminded me of this very old movie, that might have been remade....I don't have total recall any more.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[And on most weekends there iz lots of shooting in the forest out back -- probly shooting koalas.
madMac. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I come from a family and a neighborhood of hunters,fishermen, and used to belong to the local rod and gun club myself</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't hunt. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my cousin, who is my age....is a lifelong hunter/fisherman,and the best one in the neighborhood, when we were growing up.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Though I have always been a better marksman than hunter. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Baxter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll never hunt or kill an animal unless I was hungry and needed to eat though.</div></div>

LWW

Baxter
06-03-2010, 04:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Baxter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never had to use any of them, but came close at home with the 12 gauge. Somebody had been trying to break into our house (me, my GF, and her 2 kids) through the back door 2 weeks in a row (while I wasn't home). Finally on the 3rd week (it was always a Tuesday night, probably because I usually wasn't home) I sat in the backyard with my Benelli and waited. As soon as I heard him starting to climb the fence, I racked it as loud as I can and screamed "I F*CKING DARE YOU!" He didn't show up ever again. </div></div>

CA is a pretty tough state to get a CCP. </div></div>

Yes it is. The paperwork is borderline ridiculous, and they won't issue one to someone unless they have "reasonable cause" to need one. Usually you have to include police reports, restraining orders, etc with you application. I'm lucky though because I come from a family of law enforcement. My grandfather was a highly decorated Sargent with the local police department, he even had medal given to him by the Governor for saving a fellow officer pinned down by gunfire. Anyways, he was good friends with the father of the county Sheriff who issued me my permit, so I had more leeway than most. The marksmanship test you have to pass is too tough for most people anyways. With the gun you are applying for, you have to put 30 rounds through a 10 inch spread from 50 feet in "daytime lighting" and another 30 from 30 feet in "minimal lighting". It wasn't a problem with my Bersa, and I'm thinking about getting one for the 45.

Sev
06-03-2010, 07:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Baxter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Baxter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never had to use any of them, but came close at home with the 12 gauge. Somebody had been trying to break into our house (me, my GF, and her 2 kids) through the back door 2 weeks in a row (while I wasn't home). Finally on the 3rd week (it was always a Tuesday night, probably because I usually wasn't home) I sat in the backyard with my Benelli and waited. As soon as I heard him starting to climb the fence, I racked it as loud as I can and screamed "I F*CKING DARE YOU!" He didn't show up ever again. </div></div>

CA is a pretty tough state to get a CCP. </div></div>

Yes it is. The paperwork is borderline ridiculous, and they won't issue one to someone unless they have "reasonable cause" to need one. Usually you have to include police reports, restraining orders, etc with you application. I'm lucky though because I come from a family of law enforcement. My grandfather was a highly decorated Sargent with the local police department, he even had medal given to him by the Governor for saving a fellow officer pinned down by gunfire. Anyways, he was good friends with the father of the county Sheriff who issued me my permit, so I had more leeway than most. The marksmanship test you have to pass is too tough for most people anyways. With the gun you are applying for, you have to put 30 rounds through a 10 inch spread from 50 feet in "daytime lighting" and another 30 from 30 feet in "minimal lighting". It wasn't a problem with my Bersa, and I'm thinking about getting one for the 45. </div></div>

Ya gotta love CA. Its a cake walk in NY to get a CCP. Its what they want you to have.

wolfdancer
06-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Well, it turns out that Sev is sorry that he titled the thread that way.
It was meant to be about him and lww, and if he had it to do over he would have called it......
"Top Gun(s)"
I suggested Guns & Roses, but....

LWW
06-04-2010, 03:41 AM
You seem horribly desperate to make it be about you.

Why is it that you simply cannot stand others having peaceful and informative discussion?

My guess is that it's jealousy over being unable to do this yourself.

LWW

Sev
06-04-2010, 04:23 AM
He is carrying on quite a bit.

LWW
06-04-2010, 05:34 AM
Last time I was at the zoo I noticed how easily agitated parrots were.

LWW

Sev
11-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Check this puppy out!!

Barrett MRAD. Modular Sniper.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/

video's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykglRtlfOcA&feature=player_embedded

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=221965

Sev
02-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Man the fun I could have with this!!!

Gepard GM6 Lynx .50 Caliber Rifle

http://networkedblogs.com/e2Vzd

LWW
02-09-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm glad this oldie but goodie was brought back.

LWW

Sev
02-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Never forget. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

JohnnyD
02-09-2011, 06:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man the fun I could have with this!!!

Gepard GM6 Lynx .50 Caliber Rifle

http://networkedblogs.com/e2Vzd </div></div>Ohh my,that is a big one.

Sev
02-09-2011, 09:26 PM
To bad Wolfi is not here. He'd appreciated it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

JohnnyD
02-09-2011, 10:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To bad Wolfi is not here. He'd appreciated it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>But he would never appreciate you as we do mr.Sev.Cheers.

Sev
03-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Auspicious XM25 Assault Weapon in the Hands of Our Boys in Afghanistan

http://guns.com/auspicious-xm25-assault-weapon-in-the-hands-of-our-boys-in-afghanistan.html

LWW
03-04-2011, 05:22 PM
For just plain olde skool kewl, nothing beats THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1zv4PWfR34&feature=related).

LWW

Sev
03-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Yah man. The company that makes them today is right up the street from my old digs.

LWW
03-08-2011, 05:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yah man. The company that makes them today is right up the street from my old digs. </div></div>

What would have happened if Napoleon would have had a few squads, armed with Tommies, at Waterloo?

LWW

Sev
03-08-2011, 09:00 AM
It would not have been good.

LWW
03-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Unless ye had been a redcoat!

LWW

Sev
03-08-2011, 09:53 AM
There is that.

LWW
03-08-2011, 10:09 AM
[Napoleon}A tommy ... a tommy ... my kingdom for a tommy![/Napoleon}

Sev
03-09-2011, 02:59 PM
The 45-70 will never die.

http://www.ammoland.com/2011/03/09/winchester-model-1886-short-rifle/

LWW
03-11-2011, 05:53 AM
On a lighter note:
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/03_01/MiniGunBulletsLL_468x350.jpg

LWW
03-11-2011, 06:01 AM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/03_01/MiniGunHandLL_468x348.jpg

LWW
03-11-2011, 06:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The SwissMiniGun is the size of a key fob but fires tiny 270mph bullets powerful enough to kill at close range.
Officially the world's smallest working revolver, the gun is being marketed as a collector's item and measures just 2.16 inches long (5.5cm). It can fire real 4.53 bullets up to a range of 367ft (112m).
The stainless steel gun costs 3,000 although the manufacturers also produce extravagant, made-to-order versions made out of 18-carat gold with customised diamond studs which sell for up to 30,000.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#ixzz1GI6eCR4u (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-526655/Introducing-worlds-smallest-gun-fires-deadly-300mph-bullets--just-TWO-inches-long.html#ixzz1GI6eCR4u) </div></div>

Sev
03-11-2011, 10:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The SwissMiniGun is the size of a key fob but fires tiny 270mph bullets powerful enough to kill at close range.
Officially the world's smallest working revolver, the gun is being marketed as a collector's item and measures just 2.16 inches long (5.5cm). It can fire real 4.53 bullets up to a range of 367ft (112m).
The stainless steel gun costs 3,000 although the manufacturers also produce extravagant, made-to-order versions made out of 18-carat gold with customised diamond studs which sell for up to 30,000.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#ixzz1GI6eCR4u (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-526655/Introducing-worlds-smallest-gun-fires-deadly-300mph-bullets--just-TWO-inches-long.html#ixzz1GI6eCR4u) </div></div> </div></div>

Thats pretty neat.

LWW
03-11-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm betting you could bluff one through customs also.