PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to wood workers...

eg8r
03-25-2010, 09:27 AM
I am putting together a 220 gallon reef aquarium now and decided to take the plunge and build my own stand and canopy. I have seen tons of people do it and read all their experiences and thought I was up for the task. LOL, who would have thought making corners meet on a 45 would be so freaking difficult. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I will post some pictures of the stand this evening if anyone is interested

eg8r <~~~pulling my hair out at Lowes screaming "why is molding, especially crown, so freaking expensive

Chopstick
03-25-2010, 09:29 AM
I have a miter saw if you need it.

LWW
03-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Good woodworking is like good photography ... you look like an artiste as long as nobody else ever sees the mistakes.

LWW

eg8r
03-25-2010, 11:36 AM
I appreciate it. I have one also, but dang, it just is not as easy to do as I thought. I did not like any of the crown molding designs so I found some other molding that we turned into crown molding. On the backside we ripped a 45 on the left and right side to make it crown molding. My biggest mistake was not completing this for all the stock I had. I thought I was going to be able to return a 7' stick of the molding. Well turned out I needed it but had already moved the saw blade for some other cuts. LOL, needless to say, I never did get it back in exactly the same spot as before.

eg8r

Sev
03-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Def always good to check your settings. Its always a good idea to have some gages set so you can return to your original settings.

eg8r
03-26-2010, 03:05 PM
The next time I do this I am going to try marking the position to make sure I go back to same spot.

eg8r

Sev
03-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Yup. Its a good idea. Been there too.