PDA

View Full Version : spiritual gifts?

hondo
03-29-2010, 12:35 PM
For those of you who believe in Gifts of the Spirit, what do you think your gift is?

Or if you are not religious how many of you feel you have some psychic abilities?

Stories?

LWW
03-29-2010, 12:41 PM
I was blessed with the ability to see through charlatans like they were a freshly Windexed window pane.

LWW

hondo
03-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks for responding, Larry.
I have always felt I had a similar gift.

BTW, you might look up Gifts of the Spirit.

LWW
03-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Discernment is one of them.

LWW

hondo
03-29-2010, 04:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Discernment is one of them.

LWW </div></div>

Burns original:
O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion

Standard English translation:
And would some Power the small gift give us
To see ourselves as others see us!
It would from many a blunder free us,
And foolish notion.- Robert Burns

cushioncrawler
03-29-2010, 04:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those of you who believe in Gifts of the Spirit, what do you think your gift is? Or if you are not religious how many of you feel you have some psychic abilities?
Stories?</div></div>I dont beleev in psychik stuff. I think that TV shows etc based on mental stuff and ghosts etc are religious propaganda.
The logik iz that if there iz anything supernatural out there, then there must allso be a god or gods.
I dont beleev in God or gods.
But i am scared of the dark -- hmmmmmmm.
madMac.

wolfdancer
03-29-2010, 05:44 PM
I used to quote that, until I realized, he might be talking about me?
Now I only quote
"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep"
It's a metaphor, for
safely wending one's passage through this dangerous minefield here, not knowing who will emerge from the darkness,... stun gun, or "teflon Don" weapon in hand, ready to do one harm.

hondo
03-29-2010, 05:50 PM
I had a premonition that you were going to say that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

sack316
03-29-2010, 07:15 PM
I have dreams all the time that wind up happening. Usually it's just boring mundane things that I don't even think about until that "deja vu" moment happens where I see the scene again. Hoping I can one day harness this ability into some lotto numbers or something /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Also, guess my evil side lives in spirit too... as usually when I am angry with someone, like really really really angry, something bad happens to them. Car wreck, get sick, whatever... just seems to happen.

Oh, and also my kisses seem to heal wounds faster than normal. Dunno why, and it's not like miracle instant healing... but usually within a day or two whatever the ailment was is gone.

Sounds silly I know... but I'm not kidding about any of that.

Sack

hondo
03-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Some similarities with me.
1. My dreams aren't prophetic but many (some?) have been of a spiritual nature.
I have also had lucid dreming and some astral projection. Seriously.
2. Also, bad things seem to happen to people I have had trouble with.
This deeply disturbs me because I certainly don't ask for anything like that.

Once I was attacked in a bar and nearly killed by 2 guys with local mafia connections.
One, less than a year later, had gangrene form on his internal organs ( he was eating morphine patches) and when he died ,
his body caved in. Right out of X-Files!
A year later the other one died a nasty death from AIDS.

I was really upset and wondered if the ill feelings I had for these two had somehow caused it.

I told my story in Sunday School and one member said, "Can you imagine how many other people hated these guys?" ( BTW, I didn't hate them. I hate nobody.)

But it's happened at other times.
I hate it. Seems like bad Karma to me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

hondo
03-29-2010, 08:32 PM
I was going to make a crude joke about the healing kisses
but suffered a pang of guilt at the last minute. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

sack316
03-29-2010, 08:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was going to make a crude joke about the healing kisses
but suffered a pang of guilt at the last minute. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Either guilt... or you were afraid of effects that any ill feelings it may cause me towards you... ***dun dun dun*** (scary music). /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

hondo
03-29-2010, 09:05 PM
That too. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

JohnnyD
03-29-2010, 09:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was going to make a crude joke about the healing kisses
but suffered a pang of guilt at the last minute. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div> You even think terrible thoughts.I pray that your mind will be cleansed of all the evil you think of,AMEN.

sack316
03-29-2010, 10:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was going to make a crude joke about the healing kisses
but suffered a pang of guilt at the last minute. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div> You even think terrible thoughts.I pray that your mind will be cleansed of all the evil you think of,AMEN. </div></div>

everybody has good and bad thoughts. It's that little voice in your head that matters. i.e. Hondo's "pang of guilt" (aka a conscience) separates the good from the bad. Obviously from this example, his is working fine. However, we all appreciate prayers for us, whatever the reason may be.

Sack

JohnnyD
03-29-2010, 10:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a premonition that you were going to say that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div> Hallelujah the evil is coming out of you expell satan.

LAMas
03-29-2010, 11:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a premonition that you were going to say that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div> Hallelujah the evil is coming out of you expell satan. </div></div>

What a wonderous wish for a fellow believer - to expell fluids while on satin sheets.
Can I get an Amen?

hondo
03-30-2010, 05:03 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Deeman3
03-30-2010, 07:59 AM
I often lay my hands on women's breats in an effort to heal them. I am not sure where I got this gift but we all have our burdens to carry.

hondo
03-30-2010, 03:45 PM
That's very touching. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
03-31-2010, 08:18 PM
Now that was funny !!!
Best line I have heard here in quite awhile.
Do you also inquire "do you believe...?"