PDA

View Full Version : Dr Deborah Honeycutt. Uppity Black Woman??

Sev
03-30-2010, 07:10 AM
I was just listing to Dr. Honeycutt on Bill Bennett's, Morning in America".

Dr. Debora Honeycutt is running for congress. She's well educated, good looking, clean, articulate, black and running as an independent "Fredric Douglas" republican.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Fredric Douglass was a slave born in Maryland.</span>
http://www.nps.gov/archive/frdo/fdlife.htm

She is also from Georgia. Yes the south. A place where some people believe that every individual no matter what race is nothing but a knuckle dragging ape that just dropped from the tree's.

She is Pro Fair Tax.
<span style='font-size: 11pt'><span style="color: #FF0000">She is Pro Life.</span></span> How dare she!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Pro family.
Anti government health care
Pro small business.
Pro enforcement against illegal immigration.
Pro parents choice for education.
Pro energy production. Ergo. Drill here. Drill now.

I suspect the left will view her as an upitty black woman who should not dare to stand up against the status quo and will be quick to make sure she understands that her place is to remain silent and get back to picking cotton or peaches. They may even go so far as to question her blackness.

She appears to be a candidate worthy of my support even though she is in GA.

http://www.honeycuttforcongress.com/default.asp

<span style="color: #000099"> My candidacy for Congress is focused on
Family, Health and the Pocketbook.

Your Family
We must encourage strong two-parent families. When I was growing up, everybody in my family had to work and had to do their part. This experience gave credence to my belief in the values of the nuclear family. Today 68% of African-American children are born into a single parent family. I see a lot of break down of families in general because the importance of strong families has diminished.
Your Health
We absolutely need health care access for every American, but I oppose a nationwide, government sponsored health care plan. It has failed in other countries. In America a government sponsored one size fits all solution won't fit anyone. We can develop a number of health care solutions through free-market, multi group efforts that allow government to do its part and citizens to do their part. There are ways to help those who are uninsured to be qualified through existing programs and through expanded use of our public health departments.
Your Pocketbook
When I was setting up my own private practice, I was doing my best to help people. I was not able to serve the people most in need because of all the government restrictions. People need assistance and empowerment to help themselves, not to be helpless. They remain helpless because they never get the assistance that allows them to be out of that situation.

Our government should encourage entrepreneurs, not penalize them. According to the Small Business Administration, there were 26 million firms in the US and 97.5% of them have fewer than 20 employees. Yet, 69% fail in the first year. The ones that survive are punished with taxes and regulations. The government should be supportive of small business. My focus is pursuing economic policies that strengthen the economy, empower entrepreneurs, and create legacy wealth for future generations.

Guiding Principles

Dr. Honeycutt believes our Member of Congress should fight FOR small business - not against small business like our current Congressman.
Fairtax.org
Honeycuttmeansbusiness.com
Small Businesses should receive tax breaks - not tax increases

Too many politicians think that our small businesses are just another place to tax in order to put more money into the government's buckets. However, every dollar paid in tax is another dollar that could be used to grow our economy and create jobs.

Small Business already fills out too much paperwork.

The IRS tax law is so thick it would take years just to read it all. Add to that the payroll tax paperwork, environmental regulations, state employment regulations and accounting rules and a business owner could be spending most of their time dealing with the government rather than with their business. What happens? The more time spent dealing with the government means the less time our businesses have to grow our economy. Dr. Honeycutt will work to reduce paperwork and regulations that limit small business growth.

We need a strong educational system and up-to-date job training to support job growth.

When a business needs employees there should be a pool of well educated and motivated people available to fill the job. That is why Dr. Honeycutt will work to ensure that programs are in place to support a strong educational system and up-to-date job training.
Taxation
I believe that our current tax system does not meet the standards expected by Americans. I have examined alternatives and found the FairTax to offer the best hope of returning our tax system to our constitutional principles, providing both increased fairness and dramatic simplification, as well as positioning this country to continue to prosper in the increasingly competitive global marketplace of the 21st century.
Life
I am ardently Pro Life. Abortion is a national offense. It has cost the lives of over 46 million innocent little boys and girls since the Roe v. Wade decision in 1973. My commitment is to protect the most innocent, defenseless, and vulnerable humans among us – the unborn babies.
Education
I believe in teaching the basics with excellence. Reading, writing and mathematical skills are a must. To accomplish high standards in our schools, quality teaching must not only be encouraged but supported. However, until all of our public schools are high quality schools, parents must be allowed educational choice for their children.
Safety and Security
Protecting Americans is among the most important responsibilities of any elected official. I am committed to strengthening our borders and keeping the citizens of the 13th District safe from crime and terrorism.
Immigration
While America is a welcoming nation which honors and appreciates the hard work and strength of immigrants that has contributed to our nation’s prosperity, illegal immigration, however, is threatening the security of our country. My position on dealing with illegal immigration is:
Greatly enhance border security infrastructure along the U.S. - Mexico border extending from the Pacific Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico beginning with the most heavily trafficked border crossings.

Mandatory employer verification of worker eligibility to work in the United States.

Stiff penalties for knowingly hiring illegal workers, not fines that are considered by businesses as simply “a cost of doing business.”

Prohibit illegal aliens from any access to Social Security and other government benefits.

Prohibit companies that hire illegals from receiving government contracts.

End the current “Catch and Release” policy by making expedited removal of illegal aliens mandatory.
Energy
The current gas price crisis is part of our overall energy crisis. I believe we must drill now on our land and in our coastal waters, begin building more refineries and increase our nuclear capacity. It is through this action that we can also give greater attention to alternative sources of fuel and energy.</span>

LWW
03-30-2010, 07:41 AM
I doubt that many of her detractors know who Frederick Douglas is other than a name and picture in a history book.

You have to remember that from 1866 until LBJ blacks voted conservative issues.

Johnson knew the welfare state would be the destruction of the black and poor white family in general.

Following the creation of his "GREAT SOCIETY" Johnson was witnessed to say the following to two governors on Air Force 1:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years." </div></div>

The needle of welfare dependence is the strongest and most dangerous narcotic ever introduced to American culture.

LWW

Sev
03-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Seems Obama is a source of withdraw.

LWW
03-30-2010, 09:26 AM
Obama is simply the head pimp ... or, in the hood what is called the ABC.

LWW

Under
03-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Very good candidate based on listed principles.

Suggest she reconsider position on Fair Tax.
Excellent article in this months National Review.

In addition to the items mentioned in the article, any bill with the word Fair, needs to be watched carefully. As in watch your wallet.

LWW
03-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Out of curiosity, have you read much of Boortz's works on the fair tax?

LWW

Sev
03-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Actually I am a proponent of the Fair Tax.

However your point is well taken in the name.

Remember one of the attributes of the Fair Tax is the removing the necesstiy of the IRS.
Also no taxes are incured until final point of sale. This has the net effect of removing all the multible taxes that exist as components move from jobber to jobber which has the net effect of lowering the net price of all product.

There is much to be said for it.

Sev
03-31-2010, 02:22 PM
Awful quite about this woman.

Especially after some peoples stance on people from the south.