PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in NYC

08-20-2002, 01:55 AM
I want to start off by saying that this is a great board supported by a great magazine. This is only my first year playing pool, so please excuse my ignorance in the subject.

The first time I picked up BD was Friday of last week when I was on the UES of Manhattan in Amsterdam Billiards. I was in the neighbourhood when I remembered that I needed a new glove. I bought a new glove and the magazine, and that's how it started. I began browsing this site and reading some of the posts tonight initially out of boredom (it's 3:45 AM), but found it to be pretty good reading. I soon noticed how often I found a reference to Corner Billiards. I guess I didn't realise how popular the place is! It's been my main pool hall ever since I started (senior year in high school) and I see Tony Robles once in a while, and hear about him even more often. Anyway, I have a 8-ball league match tomorrow... who knows, maybe another Corner patron will read this and see me there tomorrow.

J. Chapman

PQQLK9
08-20-2002, 06:59 AM
Look for people with CCB key tags dangling from their cases...welcome to the board (I'm not a NY'er but i'd bet UES means upper east side).../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-20-2002, 09:39 AM
Hi John. I played in the league last season but you and I didn't get to play, but I'm the chick with the tattoo on my arm and chest (boob, hooter, whatever) that plays there too. You haven't seen me there this season as I'm taking a break from a couple of things. Anyways, welcome and good luck tonite!

Wendy~~Wendy is my name, ask me again and I'll tell ya the same /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

TomBrooklyn
08-20-2002, 10:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'm the chick with the tattoo on my chest (boob, hooter, whatever).<hr></blockquote> Oh no, you reminded me that Hooters on Staten Island closed down. Boo hoo, sniff, sniff.

SPetty
08-20-2002, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'm the chick with the tattoo on my arm and chest (boob, hooter, whatever) <hr></blockquote>Geez, that describes something on the order of 85% of the women playing bar pool here in Dallas... You're the only one in NYC that fits that description??!? /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

SPetty~~~It actually also describes something on the order of 45% of the men if you include nipple rings...

08-20-2002, 11:28 AM

PQQLK9
08-20-2002, 11:35 AM
[quote=whitewolf
I though that there were just cowboys in Texas. What in the world are we supposed to call this group of people with the ear rings in their nipples?!!!! I must not get around much like I used to LOL. <hr></blockquote>

Texas...where men are men and the sheep are nervous.../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

08-20-2002, 12:14 PM
&lt;&lt;Subject: Re: Newbie in NYC
Posted By: 9 Ball Girl (enthusiast)
****(199.173.224.20)
Date: Tue Aug 20 11:39 AM
[re: JChapman] Favorite! * | * Print Thread
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi John. I played in the league last season but you and I didn't get to play, but I'm the chick with the tattoo on my arm and chest (boob, hooter, whatever) that plays there too. You haven't seen me there this season as I'm taking a break from a couple of things. Anyways, welcome and good luck tonite!

Wendy~~Wendy is my name, ask me again and I'll tell ya the same&gt;&gt;

Ah, I think I know who you are. It's too bad we didn't get to play. I missed the playoffs last season by one or two people. This time around I think (hope) I'll make it. Maybe I'll see you around the hall.

9 Ball Girl
08-20-2002, 12:48 PM
I'm the only one that fits that description in that league at Corner Billiards, possibly the room too. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Doctor_D
08-21-2002, 05:02 AM
Good morning:

Welcome, to our CCB family. Please make yourself right at home! Many of the CCB regulars reside in the NYC Metropolitan area and can be routinely found at the following locations:

Amsterdam West, Manhattan
Amsterdam East, Manhattan
Corner Billiards, Manhattan

I am certain that there are many other locations, as I am sure those who frequent this board will share with you. Personally, you will either find me at Amsterdam West in Manhattan or Comet Billiards in Parsippany, NJ.

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

bluewolf
08-21-2002, 08:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: JChapman:</font><hr> I want to start off by saying that this is a great board supported by a great magazine. This is only my first year playing pool, so please excuse my ignorance in the subject. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>

i am pretty far from you. am in dc area. i just got on here about a month ago and was somewhat daunted by how good everybody seemed here compared to me.everyone here has been very patient, however, with my beginner questions. i think you are going to really like it here.

welcome

bluewolf

9 Ball Girl
08-21-2002, 08:38 AM
And...I think that there are only 3 CCBers from Brooklyn: TomBrooklyn, Naz, and me. You can find us at Hall of Fame Billiards, Platinum Billiards, and Park Slope Billiards. There are some others but these are the main ones.