PDA

View Full Version : On Civility:

Gayle in MD
03-31-2010, 05:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CIVILITY n. practice essential for democracy (obsolete)
Submitted by Sean Price on March 22, 2010
Last weekend was a busy time for less-than-tolerant people in Washington, D.C.

First, there’s this from McClatchy Newspapers:

“Demonstrators outside the U.S. Capitol, angry over the proposed health care bill, shouted ‘nigger’ Saturday at U.S. Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia congressman and civil rights icon who was nearly beaten to death during an Alabama march in the 1960s.

“The protesters also shouted obscenities at other members of the Congressional Black Caucus, lawmakers said.

“‘They were shouting, sort of harassing,’ Lewis said. ‘But, it's okay, I've faced this before. It reminded me of the 60s. It was a lot of downright hate and anger and people being downright mean.’”

Another black congressman was spat on and his attacker arrested.

Then there’s this from the same source:

“Protestors also used a slur as they confronted Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., an openly gay member of Congress. A writer for Huffington Post said the crowd called Frank a ‘faggot.’”

Frank told the Boston Globe that the incident happened as he was walking from the Longworth office building to the Rayburn office building, both a short distance from the Capitol. Frank said the crowd consisted of a couple of hundred of people and that they referred to him as 'homo.'”

Apparently, calling Frank the F-word got a big laugh from the crowd of protesters.

And then there’s this from Politico:

“A health care debate marked by episodes of ugly rhetoric took another turn for the worse late Sunday night when a voice on the Republican side of the House shouted ‘baby killer’ at Rep. Bart Stupak.

“Stupak—a leader among anti-abortion Democrats—was speaking at the time in opposition to a Republican motion to recommit that would have added the text of the so-called Stupak Amendment to the Democrats’ reconciliation bill.”

In other words, Sunday was not a banner day for civil discourse. Of course, Democrats are perfectly capable of behaving immaturely. But Sunday was a Republican-dominated show. "The difference between some of the Republicans [in office] and some of their raucous followers appears to be, unfortunately, diminishing," Frank said. "Obviously, that's not the whole party, but there's a disturbing tendency to forget about civility.”

Most people will just tsk-tsk the name-calling and let it go. But last weekend’s news presents a classic teachable moment for classrooms across the country. Teaching Tolerance offers articles and a new curriculum on the subject of civil discourse. Use them and let us know what your students think.

Most of all let your kids know about what happened over the weekend. There’s no excuse for the behavior the nation witnessed. Maybe some intelligent teaching can keep it from happening again.

Add new comment Printer-friendly version

You might also like:
Lessons We Can Learn
Freedom's Main Line
Chapter 1: Civil Discourse In The Classroom And Beyond
A Commitment to Nonviolence: The Leadership of John Lewis
Against the Current
Subscribe to Enews
Sign up today and receive the latest on anti-bias education issues. Enter your email address:
</div></div>

http://www.tolerance.org/blog/civility-n-practice-essential-democracy-obsolete

LWW
03-31-2010, 05:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“Demonstrators outside the U.S. Capitol, angry over the proposed health care bill, shouted ‘nigger’ Saturday at U.S. Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia congressman and civil rights icon who was nearly beaten to death during an Alabama march in the 1960s.

“The protesters also shouted obscenities at other members of the Congressional Black Caucus, lawmakers said.

“‘They were shouting, sort of harassing,’ Lewis said. ‘But, it's okay, I've faced this before. It reminded me of the 60s. It was a lot of downright hate and anger and people being downright mean.’”

Another black congressman was spat on and his attacker arrested.

Then there’s this from the same source:

“Protestors also used a slur as they confronted Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., an openly gay member of Congress. A writer for Huffington Post said the crowd called Frank a ‘faggot.’”

Frank told the Boston Globe that the incident happened as he was walking from the Longworth office building to the Rayburn office building, both a short distance from the Capitol. Frank said the crowd consisted of a couple of hundred of people and that they referred to him as 'homo.'”

Apparently, calling Frank the F-word got a big laugh from the crowd of protesters.</div></div></div></div>

And the left falls back on typical Alinsky tactics. Scream "RACISM-SEXISM-HOMOPHOBIA" at the tops of their colectivist lungs and toss out false accusations while calling names.

They have taken that bucket to the well one time too many and are recoiling in the terror of desperation that it has lost it's magic for them.

Americans in general, and tea partiers in particular, know that we as a whole are a good nation ... that we are not racists, not sexists, and not homophobics, and are tired of reacting to the myths that the leaders of the left pass out to gin up hatred.

Believing the myths doesn't make the myths true.

Wanting the myths to be true doesn't make the myths true.

Repeating the myths doesn't make the myths true.

Shouting the myths ever louder doesn't make the myths true.

Myths are, by definition, myths.

The left is neither tolerant nor respective of tolerance. What it demands is capitulation.

LWW

Sev
03-31-2010, 06:34 AM
Funny with all those cameras, mikes and cellphones nobody can come up with one piece of evidence to support the claims.

LWW
03-31-2010, 07:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny with all those cameras, mikes and cellphones nobody can come up with one piece of evidence to support the claims. </div></div>

Why would you assume the left needs evidence?

LWW

Sev
03-31-2010, 07:22 AM
OH yah.
What was I thinking????

eg8r
03-31-2010, 07:31 AM
Has any audio been taken to prove any of these allegations? It just seems impossible to believe not a single video camera or mic caught any of this.

eg8r

Qtec
03-31-2010, 08:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has any audio been taken to prove any of these allegations? It just seems impossible to believe not a single video camera or mic caught any of this.

eg8r </div></div>

Check out this video and feel the hate. scary (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/28/congressman-spit-on-by-te_n_516300.html?page=110&show_comment_id=43375250#comment_43375250)

Was he spat on? Looks like it to me. Also, with all that screaming, its no surprise that the negative comments were not clearly recorded.

Q

Feel the

LWW
03-31-2010, 08:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has any audio been taken to prove any of these allegations? It just seems impossible to believe not a single video camera or mic caught any of this.

eg8r </div></div>

Check out this video and feel the hate. scary (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/28/congressman-spit-on-by-te_n_516300.html?page=110&show_comment_id=43375250#comment_43375250)

Was he spat on? Looks like it to me. Also, with all that screaming, its no surprise that the negative comments were not clearly recorded.

Q

Feel the </div></div>

WOW!

A video not showing what you say it will show.

Imagine that.

Better yet, could you point out the time in the video where you think you saw this so I can attempt to see what you are believing?

LWW

bamadog
03-31-2010, 10:43 AM
And yet, libs, like Gayle, celebrate and encourage the shouting down of Rove.
Can you say H Y P O C R I S Y ?

LWW
03-31-2010, 10:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bamadog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And yet, libs, like Gayle, celebrate and encourage the shouting down of Rove.
Can you say H Y P O C R I S Y ? </div></div>

Not just shouting down a speaker. They also:

- Attempted a kidnapping.

- Attempted to take the law into their own hands.

- Violated the civil rights of Rove.

- Violated the civil rights of those in attendance.

- Deprived book buyers of receiving the signature and speech they had paid for.

- Deprived the speaker of earnings from book sales to which he was rightfully entitled.

- Deprived the bookstore of earnings from book sales to which it was rightfully entitled.

- Deprived the publisher of earnings from book sales to which it was rightfully entitled.

LWW

bamadog
03-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Well, their heads are empty and their hearts are filled with hate.
What do you expect?
Liberal mobs regularly pull this on Conservative speakers.
"Civil Rights" to libs is just a bumper sticker.

Gayle in MD
03-31-2010, 11:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has any audio been taken to prove any of these allegations? It just seems impossible to believe not a single video camera or mic caught any of this.

eg8r </div></div>

Q

</div></div>

For heaven's sake, can you believe Eg????

The steps were filled with newspaper reporters, and the clips have been shown everywhere, does he even watch the news????actual words have been edited out of most of the videos shown on the news, what does he expect.....all over the news, but Ed needs proof, LMAO....not that I needed to read about it....I heard it all.

And, it was both inside, and outside. Tea Partiers giving Nancy Pelosi the finger, screaming "B**ch" "F-ing B**ch" the N. word was everywhere,.... "communists"..... "Pigs" you didn't have to even be close, to hear it...

Fine bunch of Americans.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Couldn't believe how those people were acting. It was really disgusting.

Gayle in MD
03-31-2010, 11:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bamadog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And yet, libs, like Gayle, celebrate and encourage the shouting down of Rove.

I see it didn't take you long to join the stalking group.

I don't scream insults at people, nor would I scream at Karl Rove, or anyone else, nor spit, like the pigs that were in town last week.

Rove is a liar, a proven liar, an unindicted criminal, those are the facts, and I don't mind calling him one. That is not the same thing as screaming and spitting like animals, using ethnic and sexual slurs.

Don't bother responding. You're on ignore...now.

G.

llotter
03-31-2010, 12:12 PM
All of what you say is true but the lies will continue on and on until they are accepted as fact. The Left has no allegiance to any truth that does not support their statist goal. Even now, on interview shows, these lies are asserted with such conviction that doubters are quiet and apologetic rather than what they know will be pointless confrontation.

Pointless because the truth is not relevant to those espousing the big lie. Sometimes it seems so pointless that you wonder if these lefties don't have some sort of 'ignore' button that shuts off their hearing much like they do here. We see it here day after day and it is really quite incredible to witness.

Gayle in MD
03-31-2010, 12:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of what you say is true but the lies will continue on and on until they are accepted as fact. The Left has no allegiance to any truth that does not support their statist goal. Even now, on interview shows, these lies are asserted with such conviction that doubters are quiet and apologetic rather than what they know will be pointless confrontation.

Pointless because the truth is not relevant to those espousing the big lie. Sometimes it seems so pointless that you wonder if these lefties don't have some sort of 'ignore' button that shuts off their hearing much like they do here. We see it here day after day and it is really quite incredible to witness. </div></div>

LOL, I've been downtown watching these idiots with my own eyes...FYI.

We've all heard them since the campaign. Screaming like idiots, yelling out "Terrorist!" "Communist!"

It is of no consequence to me what you think, since I think that you are as out of touch with reality, as you think I am.

I just hope the radical right wing jerks, keep it up! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I hope no one gets hurt, though....which is exactly where this is all heading....Grown men, stupid enough to show up within range of the President, with guns strapped to their thighs.

How damn stupid can a person be????

Most people don't approve of that sort of behavior, I can assure you. And the more of it we see, the more the Republican party will dwindle...fine with me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

G.

Under
03-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Distance of the alleged spit was <u>at least 4 foot away and 2 steps or 1.5 foot higher</u>. A difficult shot if there ever was one. Reminds me of the supposed spit on a Seinfeld episode, that mimicked the Kennedy bullet.

The officer (woman) was looking directly at the people behind the step railing. No reaction nor arrest. When a second police officer was brought out there was no arrest. Watch the video. No evidence. No substantiation.

If he had spittle on him, was it captured as evidence? No.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another black congressman was spat on and his attacker arrested. </div></div> NOT REALLY.

here (http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/congressman-cleaver-spat-on/blog-290348/)

In the above video, Congressman Cleaver is spat upon. This is what we are told and for all I know it could be true. I am addressing this issue because someone felt I was wrong for addressing how death threats against Republican Eric Cantor had resulted in arrests and the person confronting me about it thought I was being unfair reading much more into it than what I actually did say. No apologies when I responded pointing out that nowhere did I say such things but instead of common sense and logic, he responded again putting words in my mouth I did not say and attacked me for not addressing how Democrats have been treated.

There's a reason for that I'll get to in a moment. But let's address the spitting incident. First off, when people are screaming, they sometimes spit. The video does not actually show us who spit on Congressman Cleaver. However, he has a police officer right by his side who notices nothing. Instead of turning to her, yes she is a woman, Congressman Cleaver instead continues on and returns a few moments with a big black male police officer and guess what... he can't find anyone who supposedly spit on him. Now why didn't Congressman Cleaver have the female officer with him take action when he clearly saw her standing there and the spitter was right there? Could it be he ignored common sense and discriminated against the female officer because of her gender?

eg8r
03-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Hate for the bill was spread all over this country, why do you think it would be any different there? Also, I am not saying the spit did not happen but I could not see it. Just the man's reaction. Also, there is absolutely zero chance of anyone proving the spit was on purpose or the result of someone yelling. You have about as good a chance proving this as the righties do of proving the bullet was meant to hit the building.

eg8r

bamadog
03-31-2010, 02:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bamadog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And yet, libs, like Gayle, celebrate and encourage the shouting down of Rove.

I see it didn't take you long to join the stalking group.

I don't scream insults at people, nor would I scream at Karl Rove, or anyone else, nor spit, like the pigs that were in town last week.

Rove is a liar, a proven liar, an unindicted criminal, those are the facts, and I don't mind calling him one. That is not the same thing as screaming and spitting like animals, using ethnic and sexual slurs.

Don't bother responding. You're on ignore...now.

G. </div></div>

It is a liberal tradition to shout down and insult those that they disagree with.
Check out the MANY MANY times that Coulter, Horowitz, Rove, Elder, etc are set upon by liberal mobs who deny them their civil rights.
Civilty is not a liberal value.

You're just upset that Rove made a fool of you on national TV.

pooltchr
03-31-2010, 02:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bamadog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You're just upset that Rove made a fool of you on national TV.
</div></div>

She doesn't need Rove for that...she is quite capable of doing that all on her own!

Steve

Qtec
03-31-2010, 10:44 PM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_MNCfcyOPbQg/S7QjvBE9SdI/AAAAAAAABLw/dgwfqAnX8sU/spit.JPG

This is the exact moment the spit is alleged to have happened. Is there 4 ft between them?
Also, when Congressman Cleaver gets to the top of the stairs, he wipes his face.

Q

Qtec
03-31-2010, 11:13 PM
inciting violence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyG-KgrwcO8&feature=related)

Q

LWW
04-01-2010, 05:07 AM
Oh please.

The capitol police officer was right there and saw the whole thing and was looking the 'SPITTER" as you claim right in the face when the non-event happened.

Why didn't they do something?

Why didn't the congressman do something?

LWW

LWW
04-01-2010, 05:10 AM
&gt;&gt;&gt;ACTUAL INCITING OF VIOLENCE&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxHjjJK3BUk)

LWW

eg8r
04-01-2010, 05:33 AM
IF there was any spit, and that is a big IF, it happened because of the guy yelling. Many people spit when they talk. The officer is looking directly at the accused man and did nothing.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-01-2010, 05:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://lh6.ggpht.com/_MNCfcyOPbQg/S7QjvBE9SdI/AAAAAAAABLw/dgwfqAnX8sU/spit.JPG

This is the exact moment the spit is alleged to have happened. Is there 4 ft between them?
Also, when Congressman Cleaver gets to the top of the stairs, he wipes his face.

<span style="color: #000066">One would have to suspend critical thinking skills to deny what is clearly an idiot spitting on an African American Representative, but the right has been denying reality as long as I can remember, so it's no surprise that they continue to do so.

The truth is that that Bubba wasn't the only one spitting that day. I saw numerous Tea Party spitters doing the same thing. Some were spitting at Nancy Pelosi, too. The rightwing media has not reported the extent to which these radical nutcases were out of hand, nor the degree to which Republican Representatives were inciting it.

It's just like Republicans to try to say that this wasn't intentional spitting. The Spitter is clearly out of control, and the Capital Policewomen, is clearly not looking at the spitter at the moment the congressman rears his head back, and tries to wave away more spit with the car in his hand....!

We've watched these RW nutcases since the early in the campaign, with our own eyes. Clearly, they are growing more and more out of control, as we knew they would.

G. </span>
Q </div></div>

LWW
04-01-2010, 06:09 AM
&gt;&gt;&gt;OBAMA SAYS THE SEIU AGENDA IS HIS AGENDA&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ1NJaCtIkM)

LWW

LWW
04-01-2010, 06:13 AM
What is the SEIU agenda?

&gt;&gt;&gt;ELECTION FRAUD, VOTER INTIMIDATION, AND PROMISES TO TAKE THE OPPOSISION AND "BURY THEM, PUT THEM IN THE GROUND"&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg06CC1vkX8)

LWW

LWW
04-01-2010, 06:15 AM
What is the SEIU agenda?

&gt;&gt;&gt;HARRASSMENT AND THREATS&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auh310U8KS8&feature=related)

LWW

LWW
04-01-2010, 06:23 AM
What is the SEIU agenda?

&gt;&gt;&gt;VIOLENCE&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWnxlFbYjVY&feature=related)

LWW

Qtec
04-01-2010, 06:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><u>IF there was any spit, and that is a big IF, it happened because of the guy yelling.</u> Many people spit when they talk. The officer is looking directly at the accused man and did nothing.

eg8r </div></div>

Actually, I agree with you. I don't think it was an intentional spit. If it was, it was a sneaky one but the video clearly shows the Congressman's reaction. He did get sprayed. Not surprising when some crazed TPer - foaming at the mouth- yells at the top of his voice into your face.
The thread topic was on civility...I didn't see any civility in that video coming from the TPs. In fact, the only one who behaved in a civil manner was the guy who got sprayed in the face with someone's saliva.

Q

Gayle in MD
04-01-2010, 07:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><u>IF there was any spit, and that is a big IF, it happened because of the guy yelling.</u> Many people spit when they talk. The officer is looking directly at the accused man and did nothing.

eg8r </div></div>

Actually, I agree with you. I don't think it was an intentional spit. If it was, it was a sneaky one but the video clearly shows the Congressman's reaction. He did get sprayed. Not surprising when some crazed TPer - foaming at the mouth- yells at the top of his voice into your face.
The thread topic was on civility...I didn't see any civility in that video coming from the TPs. In fact, the only one who behaved in a civil manner was the guy who got sprayed in the face with someone's saliva.

Q </div></div>

If he hadn't intentionally spit, the Capital Police wouldn't have been ready to arrest him. The only reason why they didn't is because the Representative decided to let him off.

He spit on him alright! And, he wasn't the only spitter that day. There were many others. I think it was in their plans to spit on the Democratics, before they ever got into town! Too much of it was going on, not to have been planned.

The media isn't showing half of what went on, not even a third!

G.

Qtec
04-01-2010, 08:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The media isn't showing half of what went on, not even a third!

G </div></div>

Good point. There must have been 100,s of Tea Party people there taking video......where is it. They could show it just to prove there was no insults, racial slurs etc.

The one video we have all seen shows an angry mob, aggressive and threatening.

The sad thing is, somewhere top health execs were watching on tv, patting themselves on the back, drinking Champagne celebrating how they manipulated the media into spreading their lies and actually getting people to believe it.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>When the GOP decided to vote against Obama on everything, they rejected the democratic process. They were the ones who refused to listen to the will of the people.</span>

Lets not forget that.

Q

Gayle in MD
04-01-2010, 08:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The media isn't showing half of what went on, not even a third!

G </div></div>

Good point. There must have been 100,s of Tea Party people there taking video......where is it. They could show it just to prove there was no insults, racial slurs etc.

The one video we have all seen shows an angry mob, aggressive and threatening.

The sad thing is, somewhere top health execs were watching on tv, patting themselves on the back, drinking Champagne celebrating how they manipulated the media into spreading their lies and actually getting people to believe it.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>When the GOP decided to vote against Obama on everything, they rejected the democratic process. They were the ones who refused to listen to the will of the people.</span>

Lets not forget that.

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">And they're still rejecting it, even rejecting strengthening regulations on the very banks and crooks on Wall Street who bilked the whole country!!!

BTW, did you see the link that showed Romney making a total fool of himself on the subject of Health Care on Larry King?

OMG, gross contradictions!

I find myself wondering how it is that I was the subject of non stop insults from all of these righties who were supposedly outraged over Bush's spending????when I was bashing him for his two wars during tax cuts, and borrowing from china to pay for all of it!!!!

Steve actually wrote, "the debts don't matter" while Bush was running them up! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Talk about re-writing history!</span>

pooltchr
04-01-2010, 08:26 AM
You are so good at taking things out of contest to try and prove a point.

You have absolutely no credibility with anyone other than a couple of LW lemmings around here.

Steve

LWW
04-01-2010, 09:39 AM
So, after all the wailing and gnashing of teeth you admit it was a BS news story to gin up hate on the left ...

LWW

Under
04-01-2010, 11:15 AM
If the Congressman was sure that the alleged intended to spit on him, why didn't he press charges? Can we conclude that he is a tea bag felon.

It is the same, I believe as assault.

There would be the rights of each side.

In your selected frame, the officer is looking directly at the alleged felon.

It is pretty hard to spit the shot in your frame, but it is closer. Approximately 2.5 feet and a higher elevation of say 6 inches. You really have to pucker up to make that shot. The officer, who is his body guard would be on the lookout for spitting and other behavior.

Wiping ones face, is not proof of spit. I ask again, was a sample taken. DNA of any moist area could have made it conclusive.

But an attorney, wouldn't be aware of the legalities of assault, nor be knowledgeable about capturing evidence.

LWW
04-01-2010, 12:03 PM
&gt;&gt;&gt;CLICK HERE FOR A RE-ENACTMENT&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcaq4ElAJrE)

LWW

Under
04-01-2010, 12:14 PM
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>To summarize.

One magic lugger.
</span>

Qtec
04-02-2010, 05:57 AM
You are definitely turning out to be the voice of reason. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is pretty hard to spit the shot in your frame, but it is closer. Approximately<u> 2.5 feet</u> and a higher elevation of say 6 inches. </div></div>

How about 1.5 Ft?

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_MNCfcyOPbQg/S7QjvBE9SdI/AAAAAAAABLw/dgwfqAnX8sU/spit.JPG

Only someone with the level of bias like LWW, Steve, you etc could look at this pic and say there was 2.5 feet between them.

Q

LWW
04-02-2010, 06:40 AM
I used a ruler on your evidence. If the guy is 6 ft tall the distance in about 28 inches.

And your point was?

LWW

Under
04-02-2010, 12:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> by Qtec
Only someone with the level of bias like LWW, Steve, you etc could look at this pic and say there was 2.5 feet between them. </div></div>
1.5 feet or 18 inches, 2.5 feet or 30 inches or LWW measured value of 20 inches. What difference. They all would be difficult to hit.

The key in the trajectory, if there was a trajectory, what is the angle at initiation. Like in the shooting of a canon. The barrel is elevated.

Look closely at the photo. Does the proposed felon have an angle in mind? You know to have a face arrival.

This would need a least a 30 degree elevation. No tilting of the neck and head are seen here nor in the frames of the video. Look again at the downrange shot. The cannon is not even on line. You know, the sighting. As in target in sight

Can you live you life, knowing someone does not agree with what is now known as a very deeply held conviction? The issue is over. The Congressman decided for whatever reason not to spend the alleged assailant nor his time in a courtroom. He did not capture DNA. He did not ask the security guard to capture, mace or otherwise cuff the man.

What do you want, egg in your beer? Look to people who think like you to console you. No consolation coming from this quarter.

As for bias, looks like you have the market on that quantity.

Under
04-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Correction LWW measured about 28 inches, not 20 that I attributed to him.

LWW
04-02-2010, 02:07 PM
The real issue, which I have waited to see if anyone from the left would pick up on it, is that this IS NOT the path congress takes 99.999% of the time.

Their are underground tunnels and shuttles to ferry them about so that they don't have to deal with the hoi polloi and riff raff such as the electorate.

They chose this path to the capitol building with the sole purpose, as demonstrated by queen Nancy walking the gauntlet carrying a giant gavel, with the sole purpose of getting a hostile and vile response such as racial slurs and the like.

When they didn't get the desired response, even though it seems nearly everybody on the left was there with cameras, they fabricated from thin air ... knowing that their base would lap up whatever was placed upon the spoon for them.

LWW

Under
04-02-2010, 07:08 PM
An excellent point about underground access. Missed it entirely.

At least the congressman did not repeat a Reed statement.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Reid: We won't smell the tourists anymore</span>
12/02/08 11:00 AM EST
The Capitol Visitors Center, which opened this morning, may have tripled its original budget and fallen years behind schedule, but Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid found a silver lining for members of Congress: tourists won't offend them with their B.O. anymore.

LWW
04-03-2010, 06:17 AM
The entire thing was a set up.

Dearest leader desperately needs an incident of violence ... and if they can't find one, I doubt that they are above creating one.

Just as the guy arrested for egging the Tea Party bus has confessed that he was a union thug planted to commit the act and let the crowd accuse the tea partiers ... there will be more plants.

LWW

llotter
04-03-2010, 06:30 AM
There was an FBI undercover/plant in the Michigan militia, no doubt leading them to do much more than they otherwise would. I suspect the Left will pull out all the stops to discredit peaceful, patriotic American citizens.

LWW
04-03-2010, 06:37 AM
The plant was also in fact supposed to be the bomb maker.

So, we seem to have a situation where a plant joins a group ... then suggests that they build a bomb ... then arrests the group for the crime planned by the plant.

This is starting to look like Ruby Ridge and Waco.

LWW

llotter
04-03-2010, 07:38 AM
This has all the trappings of a thugocracy/dictatorship where citizens who disagree with The Moron dare not speak in public. As I have said before, the lefties here will sing his praises even while their neighbors are shipped off to re-education camps.

Gayle in MD
04-03-2010, 08:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This has all the trappings of a thugocracy/dictatorship where citizens who disagree with The Moron dare not speak in public. As I have said before, the lefties here will sing his praises even while their neighbors are shipped off to re-education camps. </div></div>

Where is a Re-education camp? Name one!

The left demonstrated for an end to the Vietnam War, when it became evident that the war could not be won. After The leaking of the Pentagon Papers, we knew we were being lied to by the Nixon Administration. The Richard Nixon broke into Daniel Ellsburgs Psychiatrists office. Broke into the Democratic National Headquarters.

They have demonstrated for women's rights, equal rights for all citizens, including the civil rights for African Americans.

Our students were shot dead on their campus by a REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT! RICHARD NIXON!

Our rights to privacy were destroyed by a REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT! GEORGE BUSH. The Supreme Court just ruled against the Bush Administration on their illegal wire tapping!

You have things a bit backwards, in face, a lot backwards.

Ronald REagan bailed out the savings and loans.

Ronald Reagan FIRED air Traffic controllers.

George Bush flew around in the Enron Jet.

George Bush spied on Americans illegally.

Dick Cheney was behind the outing of a covert Secret CIA NOC Agent.

Dick Cheney burned up all the eividence.

Republicans destroyed over 5 million e-mails after they politicized the Department Of Justice!

Get your facts straight.
G.

LWW
04-03-2010, 08:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This has all the trappings of a thugocracy/dictatorship where citizens who disagree with The Moron dare not speak in public. As I have said before, the lefties here will sing his praises even while their neighbors are shipped off to re-education camps. </div></div>

Where is a Re-education camp? Name one!</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Barack Obama was a founding member of the board of Public Allies in 1992, resigning before his wife became executive director of the Chicago chapter of Public Allies in 1993.

Obama plans to use the nonprofit group, which he features on his campaign Web site, as the model for a national service corps. He calls his Orwellian program, "Universal Voluntary Public Service."

Big Brother had nothing on the Obamas. <span style='font-size: 26pt'>They plan to herd American youth into government-funded reeducation camps where they'll be brainwashed into thinking America is a racist, oppressive place in need of "social change."</span> ...

In exchange, they'll get a monthly stipend of up to $1,800, plus paid health and child care. They also get a post-service education award of $4,725 that can be used to pay off past student loans or fund future education.

But its real mission is to radicalize American youth and use them to bring about "social change" through threats, pressure, tension and confrontation — the tactics used by the father of community organizing, Saul "The Red" Alinsky.

"Our alumni are more than twice as likely as 18-34 year olds to .

.. engage in protest activities," Public Allies boasts in a document found with its tax filings. It has already deployed an army of 2,200 community organizers like Obama to agitate for "justice" and "equality" in his hometown of Chicago and other U.S. cities, including Cincinnati, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, New York, Phoenix, Pittsburgh and Washington. "I get to practice being an activist," and get paid for it, gushed Cincinnati recruit Amy Vincent.

Public Allies promotes "diversity and inclusion," a program paper says. More than 70% of its recruits are "people of color." When they're not protesting, they're staffing AIDS clinics, handing out condoms, bailing criminals out of jail <span style='font-size: 26pt'>and helping illegal aliens and the homeless obtain food stamps and other welfare.</span></div></div>
&gt;&gt;.THAT WAS EASY&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=458614)

LWW

Gayle in MD
04-03-2010, 08:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> inciting violence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyG-KgrwcO8&feature=related)

Q </div></div>

One Bloggers Comments:

The negativity and hatred of America, by the GOP, is getting out of hand. If they aren’t in the news for drunk driving on the way home from the gay bar, or getting divorced while living in “C” street and acting holier than thou, then they are ACTIVELY hurting Americans with their policies and CONSTANT DISTORTIONS. Our laws and reform are so loaded with pork, for both sides, they are self canceling token legislation that has been intentionally watered down til INEFFECTIVE. Way to go gop, you brainwashed America into a race hating, WORKER hating society of rednecks hypochristians racists. WE REMEMBER WHO BANKRUPTED AMERICA: BUSH/GOP. NOT OBAMA, NOT UNIONS, NOT DEMOCRATS, BUT LYING WAR PROFITEERING REPUBLICANS.

LWW
04-03-2010, 08:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>When the GOP decided to vote against Obama on everything, they rejected the democratic process. They were the ones who refused to listen to the will of the people.</span>

Lets not forget that.

Q </div></div>

I apologize that I missed this earlier.

Serious question ... what is wrong with you?

It is a matter of fact that Obama ran in the campaign in direct opposition to the plan he now champions.

The democrats in the primaries rejected this plan as proposed by Hillary and supported Obama because of his opposition to it.

The public polling shows that the people are squarely against this program.

It is Obama and the demokooks who have refused to hear the people.

But ... you already knew that.

LWW

Qtec
04-03-2010, 06:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1.5 feet or 18 inches, 2.5 feet or 30 inches or LWW measured value of 20 inches. What difference. They all would be difficult to hit. </div></div>

You are either a girl, a cissy or you are blind!

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Any guy worth his salt could make that shot blind folded.</span>

Geez!

Q

Qtec
04-03-2010, 06:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>When the GOP decided to vote against Obama on everything, they rejected the democratic process. They were the ones who refused to listen to the will of the people.</span>

Lets not forget that.

Q </div></div>

It is a matter of fact that Obama ran in the campaign in direct opposition to the plan he now champions.

The democrats in the primaries rejected this plan as proposed by Hillary and supported Obama because of his opposition to it.

LWW </div></div>

When Obama was running his campaign he did not foresee inheriting a country that was on the verge of economic collapse? Did he?
When GW announced his $1.3 TRILLION tax cuts, he did so on the prediction that in 2008 there would be a 5 Trillion surplus.........but then came 9/11.
Unforeseen events. $hit happens.

If the GOP had listened to the people, accepted the election results, you would now have the Public Option or Universal HC but because of GOP total opposition, you now have the abortion of the HC Bill that should have been.

Q

Q

pooltchr
04-03-2010, 07:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
When Obama was running his campaign he did not foresee inheriting a country that was on the verge of economic collapse? Did he?
Q

</div></div>

Are you saying Obama didn't have any idea what he was getting into? I agree! Many of us said a year and a half ago that he didn't have the experience necessary for the job...that he wasn't prepared to be President.

He campaigned for months on the economy, and how he was the only one who could fix it.

Seems he wasn't very well prepared at all, doesn't it?

I'm glad you are starting to see the truth.

The United States has a president who was unprepared for the job, didn't know what he was getting into, and doesn't have a clue what to do.

He's a post turtle!

Steve

sack316
04-03-2010, 08:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Yes

Sack

LWW
04-04-2010, 05:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>When the GOP decided to vote against Obama on everything, they rejected the democratic process. They were the ones who refused to listen to the will of the people.</span>

Lets not forget that.

Q </div></div>

LWW </div></div>

Q

</div></div>

1 - Why don't you just answer the question?

2 - Not only did he foresee it, he was instrumental in causing it.

LWW

Gayle in MD
04-05-2010, 08:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Yes

Sack </div></div>

How so, Sack? John McCain and George Bush were the ones assuring America that the economy was strong right up until the crash, IIRC.

Bush appointed all of the agency heads who were supposed to be watching out for fraud.

Greenspan even stated that fraud didn't bother him, when he testified before the Conress. Fraud is exactly what almost brought the world to it's knees.

Now, you're going to blame Obama???? You're going to try to say that he knew what even the CEO's of the corporations who were running everything say they didn't know?

Unbridled greed on Wall Street, betting without enough back up money, slicing and dicing risk after risk, and it's all President Obama's fault????

He didn't know what was coming until all the rest of us found out.

By that time, he was well into his campaign. Even when he took office, he couldn't have known the breadth of the situation until he was President, and could get answers from those who were SUPPOSED to be in charge....

Bush ignored the warnings, as did Paulson, Greenspan, Rubin....

Those are the facts. It happened on Bush's watch, period!

His great ownership society came down on his watch. The overseers have stated that they didn't act because it would have been against Bush's policies to put a hold on what was going on....

Greenspan, a Republican, admitted his own incompetence and misjudgement. He didn't realize that Wall street would act against their own best interests out of GREED! GREED IS GOOD ACCORDING TO HIS HERO, AYN RAND!

See "The Warning" to learn what Greenspan did to the brilliant WOMAN, Brooksley Born who was warning him in the late nineties! Greenspan is more responsible for this disaster than anyone! He was the Chariman of the Federal Reserve! He gave bad advice to Clinton and Bush!

Facts are facts.

The collapse was in September, just two months before the election! How the hell can you say that President Obama knew all about it when he was running? He only knew for the last eight weeks of a three year campaign!

Facts are facts. Bush lied this country into a war of choice, without any exit plan, and without cause. He did so while cutting taxes, expanding prescription drug program, and doubled the National debt, borrowing to pay for everything he did, most of which he totally screwed up after he messed it up!

George Bush is the man who weakened America's economy, and the Republican spent us into a debt ditch, while Bush never vetoed a single spending bill for six years!

Get REAL!

G.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warning/

ugotda7
04-05-2010, 10:41 AM
A Liberal Guide to Debating Conservatives
Mar 31, 2010 Author Scot Cerullo

Liberals have long since learned that debating Conservatives can be a challenging endeavor, since Conservatives have a penchant for fortifying their arguments with facts, statistics, history and other elements that create convincing and thoughtful arguments.

Not to worry. The following are several tips Liberals can use right away to begin defeating Conservatives in every debate, every time.

Lib Tip # 1: Drop the Race Card: The moment your Conservative opponent begins crafting a cogent, air-tight argument buttressed in fact, drop the race card. This technique is designed to stifle further discussion, impugns your opponent and puts him on the defensive. Often, this is enough of a distraction to direct attention away from your lack of qualitative, quantitative evidence.

Lib Tip # 2: Impugn the Source: When debating a Conservative, content is less important than character. When your Conservative opponent states a compelling argument, do not address the argument and instead attack the Conservative personally. Since we are all sinners, it shouldn’t take long to find something wrong with your opponent. Use it.

Lib Tip # 3: Social Justice Trumps Logic: Argue every issue from a “Social Justice” or “Moral” high-ground. The Conservative will attempt to show that your ideas are unworkable, unsustainable or downright illogical. Don’t worry about any of that. Just stay on message by arguing from the moral, social justice perspective.

Lib Tip # 4: Exploit the Weakest Link: Define your opponent by his weakest link. If 10,000 Tea Partiers hold a rally, and one guy has a placard that is inappropriate, that is all you need to characterize the entire group as radical, racist militants. See how that works? It’s simple and fun and, most importantly, deflects all those awkward facts and articulate points away from the discussion and leaves the Conservative in a defensive mode.

Lib Tip # 5: Use “New Speak”: If health care is not a right according to the Constitution, and you want it to be a right, claim it is and then raise your voice. Raising your voice is always the best course of action in lieu of a good argument. Redefine words to suit your needs, and always be on guard for any stray, powerful fact or statistic the Conservative may use to support their position.

Lib Tip # 6: State the Opposite of what you believe: If you are in favor of taking money from producers and giving it to non-producers, that’s fine, but make sure your wording is a bit more obtuse than that. Try saying you are in favor of moral and social justice, and characterize everyone who earns a good living as somehow having won the lottery in life, and all those who want as being desperately hard-working folks who have an almost allergic reaction to hand-outs. Never imply or point out in any way that people can change their situation simply by making better decisions.

Lib Tip # 7: Define America by it’s Errors, not its Successes: Taking a cue from Lib Tip # 4, it is important to characterize America by it’s errors in judgement and misdeeds. It is critical that you completely overlook the good things America has done, and the manner in which it has beaten back one dictatorship after another. In fact, you must go to some lengths to divert people from the notion that without America, the world would be a far more dangerous, hostile, sad place. So talk about Indians and Slaves.

Lib Tip # 8: Blame talk radio and FOX news for fanning hate and racism: Avoid at all costs the fact that both talk radio and FOX news stand in defiant refutation of an otherwise fully agreeable media that presents only one template, a liberal template. Also, attempt to divert attention should someone ask why Conservative Talk Radio and FOX news is growing exponentially, while traditional, liberal media is closing offices, thinning their employees and running deficits like, you know, the government.

Lib Tip # 9: Government is Good: Insist that a massive expansion of government is a good thing. Assert that it is our patriotic duty to pay ever more in taxes so that a centralized government comprised of east and west coast Liberal elites can decide what is best for the unwashed masses, since it would be sheer lunacy to allow individuals the right to make decisions for themselves. If you run into problems, see Tips 1-8.

Lib Tip # 10: Assign Blame away from Yourself: Always assign blame to the other guy, preferably a Conservative. This may require rewriting history so that people may one day believe that Reagan did NOT usher in 25 years of prosperity, or it may require still more retooling of the content of public school text books. But over time we’ll get there.

Remember: The ends justify the means. No matter how cruel and violating the means may be, if it results in a mediocre society where all citizens ultimately suck off the the government for their most meager needs, it will all be worthwhile.

There is of course the small matter of where all the money for all these programs will come from. Right now, they come from spirited entrepreneurs, dreamers with drive and other people whose passion poses a direct threat to the new world we want to usher in.

But first things first. Learn the ten tips to squelch free speech, hurt your opponent with the intellectual equivelant of a kick to the groin and avoid facts, statistics and studies altogether, as those will get you in trouble.

Good luck Liberals! Battle on and remember what Dennis Prager said: The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen. Oh wait, no. You don’t want to remember that. My bad. Here, try this: From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs. Yeah, that’s the one. Whew!

pooltchr
04-05-2010, 11:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ How the hell can you say that President Obama knew all about it when he was running? He only knew for the last eight weeks of a three year campaign!

</div></div>

Good question. After all, he was just a senator who was one of a hundred individuals in this country whose job it is to be aware of the state of our country. Of course, we know all he ever did while there was vote "present" most of the time, but one would HOPE that a senator with aspirations for the White House would make an effort to be aware of what is going on.

So should we conclude
1. He was an incompetent senator?
2. He failed to educate himself for the job he was running for?
3. He knew, and didn't care?
4. He was an integral part of the problem?
or 5. All of the above?

Steve

Under
04-05-2010, 01:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 1.5 feet or 18 inches, 2.5 feet or 30 inches or LWW measured value of 28 (corrected) inches. What difference. They all would be difficult to hit.

The key in the trajectory, if there was a trajectory, what is the angle at initiation. Like in the shooting of a canon. The barrel is elevated.

Look closely at the photo. Does the proposed felon have an angle in mind? You know to have a face arrival.

This would need a least a 30 degree elevation. No tilting of the neck and head are seen here nor in the frames of the video. Look again at the downrange shot. The cannon is not even on line. You know, the sighting. As in target in sight

Can you live you life, knowing someone does not agree with what is now known as a very deeply held conviction? The issue is over. The Congressman decided for whatever reason not to spend the alleged assailant nor his time in a courtroom. He did not capture DNA. He did not ask the security guard to capture, mace or otherwise cuff the man.

What do you want, egg in your beer? Look to people who think like you to console you. No consolation coming from this quarter.

As for bias, looks like you have the market on that quantity. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are either a girl, a [sic]cissy or you are blind!
Any guy worth his salt could make that shot blind folded.
Geez!
Q </div></div>

I am not a girl,[sic]cissy or blind. Are you?

Try again as there are several degrees of difficulty such as no elevated neck, nor in line of shot.

Can you understand a sentence, angles, and distances?
To discard my comments with a sissy comment is well like a mentally challenged female. Or, am I repeating myself?

No DNA, No cuffing of an offender, No possible shot and No class.

Do they teach the young ones in the Netherlands to Spit Like a Kentucky Hilly billy?

Or do your countrymen have specialized tongue talents that you claim?

With all due apologies to Hilly Billys and those with specialized interests of a sexual nature.

LWW
04-05-2010, 02:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>Any guy worth his salt could make that shot blind folded.</span>

Geez!

Q </div></div>

Completely irrelevant to the reality, and if anything it destroys your argument.

From a distance of 30 inches, yes it is quite easy to spit on someone.

It is also unbelievable that somebody could spit on a congressman from 30 inches with both he and the LEO looking right at them and the spitter get no reaction.

Face, you have nothing to support your story.

But, you already knew that.

LWW

sack316
04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Don't have time to read the whole thing, in a bit of a rush at the moment. But did see the question "now you want to blame Obama?"

No, friend, I do not. All I said was that he knew what he was getting into. If he did not know, then it stands to reason he thought things were relatively OK too... in which case he wouldn't campaign on such big change and reform in the economy. But he did, and even warned of impending disaster scenarios, iirc. That is not me passing blame, that is me stating he was well aware of how bad the situation was he was getting into. That's all.

Sack

Alfie
04-05-2010, 06:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [...a war of choice, without any exit plan, ... </div></div>

Just an aside ...
I never agreed with that "exit strategy" thing. When two sides are warring they war until one side cries uncle. I know there are different kinds and intensities of warfare, all situationally dictated. IMO, GB didn't think the situation warranted an exit strategy.

eg8r
04-05-2010, 07:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Facts are facts.

The collapse was in September, just two months before the election! How the hell can you say that President Obama knew all about it when he was running? He only knew for the last eight weeks of a three year campaign!
</div></div>The fact here is that you are pathetically trying to come up with excuses and it just is not working. I am glad Obama is more of a man than you are and is at least keeping his excuses at bay and just working in his own underperforming way at fixing it. Sure he does blame W for the problems but he is out there trying to do something. You on the other hand live by excuses alone, no more or less, and are probably going to take every tax deduction possible instead of just paying your fair share.

eg8r

LWW
04-05-2010, 10:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Facts are facts.

</div></div>The fact here is that you are pathetically trying to come up with excuses and it just is not working. I am glad Obama is more of a man than you are and is at least keeping his excuses at bay and just working in his own underperforming way at fixing it. Sure he does blame W for the problems but he is out there trying to do something. You on the other hand live by excuses alone, no more or less, and are probably going to take every tax deduction possible instead of just paying your fair share.

eg8r </div></div>

I have never met a leftist who actually wanted to pay their fair share.

We have a professor of Marxist studies on AZB who dogs everyone else as being part of the evil rich ... yet laments his tax burden on his 6 figure employment package.

LWW

hondo
04-05-2010, 10:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Under</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 1.5 feet or 18 inches, 2.5 feet or 30 inches or LWW measured value of 28 (corrected) inches. What difference. They all would be difficult to hit.

As for bias, looks like you have the market on that quantity. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are either a girl, a [sic]cissy or you are blind!
Any guy worth his salt could make that shot blind folded.
Geez!
Q </div></div>

I am not a girl,[sic]cissy or blind. Are you?

Try again as there are several degrees of difficulty such as no elevated neck, nor in line of shot.

Can you understand a sentence, angles, and distances?
To discard my comments with a sissy comment is well like a mentally challenged female. Or, am I repeating myself?

No DNA, No cuffing of an offender, No possible shot and No class.

Do they teach the young ones in the Netherlands to Spit Like a Kentucky Hilly billy?

Or do your countrymen have specialized tongue talents that you claim?

With all due apologies to Hilly Billys and those with specialized interests of a sexual nature.

</div></div>

I believe your buddy on here is from Kentucky.

hondo
04-05-2010, 10:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alfie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [...a war of choice, without any exit plan, ... </div></div>

Just an aside ...
I never agreed with that "exit strategy" thing. When two sides are warring they war until one side cries uncle. I know there are different kinds and intensities of warfare, all situationally dictated. IMO, GB didn't think the situation warranted an exit strategy. </div></div>

Alfie, figuring out a way to win IS an exit strategy.
If you can't win there is no way out and the death count grows and grows and grows.

LWW
04-05-2010, 10:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe your buddy on here is from Kentucky. </div></div>

If that's me then you are correct.

However, I have not dedicated my life to feigning martyrdom at every opportunity, and I also acknowledge that Kentucky has hillbillies.

LWW

hondo
04-05-2010, 10:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Facts are facts.

</div></div> I am glad Obama is more of a man than you are

eg8r </div></div>

Hmmm. Kind of a weak insult. I'm sure Gayle's husband is glad that Obama is more of a man than she is. LOL!