PDA

View Full Version : I came up with a new game...

ObeOne
08-20-2002, 03:36 AM
I was practicing kickshots, and came to a realization: practicing kickshots is boring! So, I created a game that can be played by two or more players /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif.

------------------------------------------

,.-*''*->KICKBALL RULES<-*''*-.,
Kickball is a game that was created to help players of all levels improve their kick shots, and have fun doing it.

::RACK::
One object ball on the center spot, cueball on the head spot.

::OPENING SHOT::
Lag or flip a coin to decide who will take the opening shot. The cueball must hit one or more rails before contacting the object ball. Failure to hit one or more rails is a foul, and results in a loss of 2 points. It is not a foul if the cueball fails to hit the object ball. On a breaking violation, the incoming player can take the table in position, or have the shooter re-break.

::VALID SHOT::
To continue at the table, the shooter must first contact 1 or more rails, and then pocket the object ball. If the object ball is pocketed, the shooter chooses to have the ball spotted on either the head spot, center spot, or foot spot.

::SCORING::
When the object ball is pocketed, the shooter receives points equal to the number of rails struck prior to hitting the object ball. For example, if the shooter contacted two rails, then contacted the object ball and the object ball was pocketed in the called pocket, the shooter would recieve two points.

::FOULS::
[Failure to contact a rail] - shooter loses one point.
[Ball hit off table] - shooter loses one point, and incoming player may choose where the ball is to be spotted (head spot, foot spot, center spot).
[Scratch] - Incoming player recieves ball-in-hand anywhere on the table.
[Object ball contacted before rail] - If the object ball is struck before a rail, the shooter loses one point, and the incoming player may take the table in position, or have the shooter shoot again. If the ball is pocketed and a rail was not struck first, the shooter loses one point, and incoming player recieves ball-in-hand anywhere on the table, and chooses where the ball is to be spotted (head spot, foot spot, or center spot).

::WINNING::
The first player to reach the predetermined point goal wins. Point goal must be decided upon by the players before the game begins.

--------------------------------------------------

Play this game with a friend or two, and you'll be surprised at how quickly your kicks improve. You'll be pocketing shots out of safeties in 9 ball/8 ball that previously you were lucky to even hit.

Happy kicking!

NH_Steve
08-20-2002, 05:30 AM
Sounds good to me...

I like to practice kicking to a certain side of the OB, since you have to be able to do that if you are hoping to have any control over both the OB & CB after the kick. Basically 3 aiming choices for my kicks: 1/2 ball left; 1/2 ball right; full hit -- each to achieve different results as needed. Very rarely can I kick to much finer angles in between with any accuracy, and those 3 choices have the widest margin of error.

Patrick
08-20-2002, 05:37 AM
I like to play Kick 9-ball, where you kick every ball, with that game you practice position play too.

Patrick

PQQLK9
08-20-2002, 06:52 AM
Nice Idea...I'll try it...thanks...

bluewolf
08-20-2002, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: ObeOne:</font><hr> I was practicing kickshots, and came to a realization: practicing kickshots is boring! So, I created a game that can be played by two or more players /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif.

sounds like a good drill

bluewolf