PDA

View Full Version : FWIW

hondo
04-01-2010, 07:32 AM
I posted this in a PM to dub a few days ago:

I've done a lot of thinking about what was said, and I've decided that I did indeed cross a line.
You have my sincere apology and my word that I will never say anything about her again.

You have my permission to post this.

pooltchr
04-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Good for you!

Steve

hondo
04-01-2010, 08:55 AM
I have been trying to maintain a state of sobriety, other than beer, for the past year or so,and I have lost touch with reality.
The other day I started drinking some Jameson's and somebody
gave me a hit off some killer weed.

All of a sudden I was able to put myself in dub's place
and realize how I would feel if he had said that about my wife.

As soon as I got home i sent him a PM.

sack316
04-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Drop some acid so you can apologize to the pink elephant you wronged all those years ago too, sir.

Sack

LWW
04-01-2010, 10:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I posted this in a PM to dub a few days ago:

I've done a lot of thinking about what was said, and I've decided that I did indeed cross a line.
You have my sincere apology and my word that I will never say anything about her again.

You have my permission to post this. </div></div>

Do I have your permission to post your follow up PM's?

Did you or did you not accuse me of fabricating my heritage?

Did you or did you accuse JohnnyD of doing the same thing?

Did you or did you not make lame excuses for your racial slur?

Did you or did you not question my faith?

Did you or did you not question JohnnyD's faith?

Did you or did you not accuse me of threatening wolfie ... even after the entire and actual PM was posted and not the truncated deception wolfie has used?

Did I or did I not ask you to be a man of your word and avoid me since you can't post without attacking?

Did you or did you not agree?

Did you or did you not then start this thread in an effort to engulf the forum in flames again ... and, of course, make yourself out as the innocent victim ... knowing that I wouldn't let such a willful and wanton misrepresentation of reality to stand uncontested?

What say ye hondo ... can I post the dialog here so the forum can make a fair judgement of what has been said in PM?

LWW

llotter
04-01-2010, 10:34 AM
I don't usually read hondo's threads because they seem to so full of self pity and lack anything interesting to discuss. Just based on recent thread titles, I was under the impression that he was leaving our happy group through a series of long goodbyes but, like a bad penny, he just keeps coming back. Anyway, I didn't know what 'FWIW' meant so I just stopped by for a look...nothing new here either.

hondo
04-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Hmmm. That's a thought. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hondo
04-01-2010, 11:17 AM
So much for you leave me alone and I'll leave you alone. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

I should have known.

LWW
04-01-2010, 11:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So much for you leave me alone and I'll leave you alone. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

I should have known. </div></div>

I'll take that as a no to allowing a true transcript of the debate to be made public.

You have been exposed by yourself.

Again.

But ... you already knew that.

LWW

LWW
04-01-2010, 11:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So much for you leave me alone and I'll leave you alone. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

I should have known. </div></div>

That is just precious.

You agree that we should avoid each other as I proposed.

You violate that 21 minutes later by starting this thread.

Then, you imply that I have broken the agreement, thereby victimizing hondo.

LWW

hondo
04-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Do I have your permission to post your follow up PM's?

No!

Did you or did you not accuse me of fabricating my heritage?

I said maybe.

Did you or did you accuse JohnnyD of doing the same thing?

YES!

Did you or did you not make lame excuses for your racial slur?

No. I explained to you that it was not a racial slur and why.
You choose to drag this on and on.

Did you or did you not question my faith?

YES!

Did you or did you not question JohnnyD's faith?

YES!

Did you or did you not accuse me of threatening wolfie ...

ABSOLUTELY!

Did I or did I not ask you to be a man of your word and avoid me since you can't post without attacking?

Yes, you did and I'm trying. Did I not say let's just leave each other alone? How's that working for you?

Did you or did you not agree?

Absolutely. Other than answering this post, what have I done?

Did you or did you not then start this thread in an effort to engulf the forum in flames again ... and, of course, make yourself out as the innocent victim ... knowing that I wouldn't let such a willful and wanton misrepresentation of reality to stand uncontested?

No. I realized you didn't want my ap0logy to be known.
I did. What's your problem?

What say ye hondo ... can I post the dialog here so the forum can make a fair judgement of what has been said in PM

No.Dub, if you want me off the forum, I imagine all you have to do is send a PM.
I have tried my best to end this.
Hopefully, everybody can see who the instigator is here.
Your hate foe me just overwhelms me at times.

Have a nice day.

hondo
04-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks, lotter.

Have a nice day.

hondo
04-01-2010, 11:33 AM
One last comment and I give up.

How is letting the entire forum know that I aolpogized to you
breaking our agreement?

Sev
04-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Larry while I understand that you are affronted by other aspects of what has been said in you and Hondo's rolling battle from forum to forum, he has just apologized for his most egregious swipe at you and yours.

You'll have to determine for yourself the amount of sincerity involved. However there is no loss of face in being gracious in accepting an apology when one is tendered.
In doing so it does not exclude you from the ability of demanding separate apologies for each of the affronts to your person you listed above.

Take your victories when they occur no matter how small or large they are.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

hondo
04-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Thank you, Sev. I swear my apology was sincere.

I am so weary of the daily attacks.

He won't let anything die.

I don't know what else to do.

LWW
04-01-2010, 11:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do I have your permission to post your follow up PM's?

No!</div></div>

I already knew what the answer to that one would be ... and everybody knows why.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you or did you not accuse me of fabricating my heritage?

I said maybe.</div></div>

Do you or do you not deny saying the following:

"2nd. I don't believe for a minute that you are any part black.
You simply use that to deflect criticism that you might be racist."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you or did you not make lame excuses for your racial slur?

No. I explained to you that it was not a racial slur and why.
You choose to drag this on and on.</div></div>

So ... you make a lame excuse that it wasn't a racial slur to explain that you didn't make a lame excuse of it being a racial slur, after I have posted the link from AZB that you believe a white calling someone who is a minority or multi racial was to be considered a racial slur?

Had that data from AZB not been available ... and had it not come from someone with a history such as yours ... I would accept that explanation. However, again, your own testimony condemns you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lww</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did I or did I not ask you to be a man of your word and avoid me since you can't post without attacking?</div></div>

Yes, you did and I'm trying. Did I not say let's just leave each other alone? How's that working for you?</div></div>

Not very well since you violated your word in under a half hour without ever hearing from me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lww</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you or did you not agree?

Absolutely. Other than answering this post, what have I done?</div></div>

Not break your word 21 minute later? Not misrepresent what happened? Not claim to be a victim of a fight you started? Not set out with the intention of inflaming the forum again? Maybe if you wouldn't have done that ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=LWW]Did you or did you not then start this thread in an effort to engulf the forum in flames again ... and, of course, make yourself out as the innocent victim ... knowing that I wouldn't let such a willful and wanton misrepresentation of reality to stand uncontested?</div></div>

No. I realized you disdn't want my ap0logy to be known.
I did. What's your problem?</div></div>

So now you deny you started this thread?

AMAZING!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lww</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What say ye hondo ... can I post the dialog here so the forum can make a fair judgement of what has been said in PM</div></div>

No.Dub, if you want me off the forum, I imagine all you have to do is send a PM.
I have tried my best to end this.</div></div>

I don't want you off the forum ... I want you to behave as an adult would and stop misrepresenting, trolling, and claiming to be a victim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully, everybody can see who the instigator is here.</div></div>

Thanks to your efforts, I'm sure they can.

LWW

LWW
04-01-2010, 11:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larry while I understand that you are affronted by other aspects of what has been said in you and Hondo's rolling battle from forum to forum, he has just apologized for his most egregious swipe at you and yours.

You'll have to determine for yourself the amount of sincerity involved. However there is no loss of face in being gracious in accepting an apology when one is tendered.
In doing so it does not exclude you from the ability of demanding separate apologies for each of the affronts to your person you listed above.

</div></div>

I agree, and since this is something I sent and not something hondo sent ... I will post what I sent in reply to hondo's apology, prior to him starting the flame wars again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apology accepted, but we still have the "BOY" issue.

LWW</div></div>

At which point the old hondo immediately reappeared ... and why he doesn't want his replies posted.

LWW

LWW
04-01-2010, 11:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you, Sev. I swear my apology was sincere.

I don't know what else to do. </div></div>

Let me post your replies so that the truth can be known.

LWW

hondo
04-01-2010, 02:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I posted this in a PM to dub a few days ago:

You have my permission to post this. </div></div>

To which he responds: "Not misrepresent what happened?"

I give up.

hondo
04-01-2010, 02:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you, Sev. I swear my apology was sincere.

I don't know what else to do. </div></div>

Let me post your replies so that the truth can be known.

LWW </div></div>

I have only one problem with them being posted.
The moderator will claim I am stirring up trouble and boot me when you are the one who won't let it go.
I said nothing in those PMs that I'm ashamed of.

I know that if I continue to answer your accusations, I'll be the one who gets the boot.

Been there, done that.
I cannot win.

LWW
04-01-2010, 03:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have only one problem with them being posted.
The moderator will claim I am stirring up trouble and boot me when you are the one who won't let it go.</div></div>
Why would they think that ... unless it's the only sane conclusion? I will post every PM from both of us ... an innocent man should embrace full disclosure. I embrace it.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I said nothing in those PMs that I'm ashamed of.</div></div>
You are now directly contradicting yourself ... either that or you aren't ashamed of what you said, you just want to be able to deny it.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know that if I continue to answer your accusations, I'll be the one who gets the boot.</div></div>
If you are innocent ... why don't you want others to see that?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been there, done that.
I cannot win. </div></div>
Maybe, maybe not. I'm fairly convinced that all the mods care about here is not being bothered.

IMHO ... if there was reasonable moderation you, Gayle, wolfie, and stretch would all have been put on the waiver wire.

LWW

JohnnyD
04-01-2010, 04:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have only one problem with them being posted.
The moderator will claim I am stirring up trouble and boot me when you are the one who won't let it go.</div></div>
Why would they think that ... unless it's the only sane conclusion? I will post every PM from both of us ... an innocent man should embrace full disclosure. I embrace it.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I said nothing in those PMs that I'm ashamed of.</div></div>
You are now directly contradicting yourself ... either that or you aren't ashamed of what you said, you just want to be able to deny it.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know that if I continue to answer your accusations, I'll be the one who gets the boot.</div></div>
If you are innocent ... why don't you want others to see that?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been there, done that.
I cannot win. </div></div>
Maybe, maybe not. I'm fairly convinced that all the mods care about here is not being bothered.

IMHO ... if there was reasonable moderation you, Gayle, wolfie, and stretch would all have been put on the waiver wire.

LWW </div></div>You are so correct LWW.Have you noticed wolfdancer has been getting friendlier lately.What a wonderfull young man he is turning out to be.My prayers have been answered.Jesus saved him.

LWW
04-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Yes I have JohnnyD.

Bless you for your patience.

I am of the opinion that discernment has came to many members of this august forum in the last week or 2.

As I told hondo in one of my PM's, I forgive him.

I am a human with all the faults that come with that, but the Christ taught that we should love the sinner and hate the sin. I am attempting as best I can to live up to that standard.

One of the things I admire about you JohnnyD is the grace with which you have endured some of the assaults against you.

LWW

JohnnyD
04-01-2010, 04:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't usually read hondo's threads because they seem to so full of self pity and lack anything interesting to discuss. Just based on recent thread titles, I was under the impression that he was leaving our happy group through a series of long goodbyes but, like a bad penny, he just keeps coming back. Anyway, I didn't know what 'FWIW' meant so I just stopped by for a look...nothing new here either. </div></div> A very truthful and to the point post.I commend you sir.

JohnnyD
04-01-2010, 04:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I have JohnnyD.

Bless you for your patience.

I am of the opinion that discernment has came to many members of this august forum in the last week or 2.

As I told hondo in one of my PM's, I forgive him.

I am a human with all the faults that come with that, but the Christ taught that we should love the sinner and hate the sin. I am attempting as best I can to live up to that standard.

One of the things I admire about you JohnnyD is the grace with which you have endured some of the assaults against you.

LWW </div></div> Well a few weeks ago hondo suggested that i read thru all of your posts which i did.Seems like you always tell the truth and you have tried to be nice to hondo many times.He seems to lure people in and then give it to them again.We all can only hope that the evil of satan is finally leaving him.A toast to you sir for all of your creative writtings.

JohnnyD
04-01-2010, 04:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larry while I understand that you are affronted by other aspects of what has been said in you and Hondo's rolling battle from forum to forum, he has just apologized for his most egregious swipe at you and yours.

</div></div> Mr.Sev the problem is that hondo continues his attacks then says he is sorry then when LWW accepts hondo plays a person that is persecuted.Hondo needs to be sincere in life.

JohnnyD
04-01-2010, 05:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been trying to maintain a state of sobriety, other than beer, for the past year or so,and I have lost touch with reality.
The other day I started drinking some Jameson's and somebody
gave me a hit off some killer weed.

All of a sudden I was able to put myself in dub's place
and realize how I would feel if he had said that about my wife.

As soon as I got home i sent him a PM. </div></div> The continued drug use is shameful for a retired teacher.I pray that you get ahold of yourself and find more to life than sex and drugs.AMEN

JohnnyD
04-01-2010, 05:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you, Sev. I swear my apology was sincere.

I don't know what else to do. </div></div>Be honest and sincere hondo and tell the truth.Jesus loves you.

JohnnyD
04-01-2010, 05:27 PM

I don't know what else to do. </div></div> Get off the drugs and stay off of them.