PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by ccboard_admin

08-20-2002, 08:33 AM

Pizza Bob
08-20-2002, 09:13 AM
Probably Plaster of Paris. Seem to be two schools of thought on this - one says P-o-P and the other says Bee's Wax. If someone says Bondo - throw them out and don't let them get near your table. The beauty of P-o-P or Bee's Wax is the impermanence of it, so the table can be broken down and set-up again. Bondo you'd have to sand off the slates.

The glue is probably just a 3M spray type glue to help hold the cloth until you can get a staple in it. It's just an aid, not a device onto itself. Good luck with your move.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

StLSteve
08-20-2002, 10:18 AM
My table was delivered and set up yesterday, they stretched and stapled all the way around, no glue of any type. Not sure what he filled the cracks with, he put a little pile of it (powder - sort of a light tan color) on the slate and put water in the middle of the pile and used a putty knife to mix it. after filling the screw holes and cracks between the slate he then sanded it smooth. The table is an Olhausen bought new from a local dealer (A.E. Schmidt, I'm not sure if I spelled their name right). They do good work and I understand this is the correct way to put a table together. No more leaving the house to shoot /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif