PDA

View Full Version : WE'RE #66 ... WE'RE #66 ... WE'RE #66 ...

LWW
04-01-2010, 11:09 PM
THE UNIVERSITY OF DAYTON FLYERS TRIUMPH OVER THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA TARHEELS BY A SCORE OF 79 TO 68 TO WIN THE NATIONAL INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT!

LWW

sack316
04-02-2010, 06:45 AM
Yeah, I bet there is chaos and destruction on the Dayton campus due to all the wild celebration! But you've always gotta feel bad for the losers of big games like this, poor UNC will always wonder what they could have done different in the game. Those kids will be haunted by being "so close". After all, nobody remembers 67th place.

Sack

LWW
04-02-2010, 07:10 AM
The sad thing is that UD could have went fairly deep into the NCAA.

What killed them was an injury plagued season which caused a number of very closes losses. Out of their 12 losses, all were under 10 points. When healthy they had some blowout wins against some good teams.

But, history is full of what could have been but wasn't.

LWW

pooltchr
04-02-2010, 08:17 AM
And yet, the sun still came up this morning. While it's all fun to watch, and interesting to speculate, the bottom line is the outcome of any sporting event is of little reletive significance to anyone other than the participants. You and I would both be still doing the same thing today, regardless of the outcome of a game.

Sometimes, it's important to keep things in perspective. The idiots who passed the horrible HC bill had far more direct impact on my life than any sporting event.

Sports is just fluff. FUN fluff....but just fluff.

Steve

sack316
04-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Good points Steve. That's why the lord gave us gambling... so even little things like sports can have a huge impact on our lives if we want /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

LWW
04-02-2010, 09:02 AM
You would think.

I used to work as a general sales manager of a $70,000,000.00 per year company ... and a VP would routinely miss the immediate 2 days, sometimes 3, of work following the Yankees elimination from championship possibilities.

One of my best practical jokes of all time was in 2001. The Diamondbacks hat then was a virtual clone in color to a Yankees cap ... and this guy had a George Steinbrenner hat that he kept on display atop a bookshelf and credenza behind his desk.

Well, I placed a Diamondbacks cap over the top of the Yankees cap and waited for him to blow a gasket. Then, after a day or 2, it became an inside joke among everyone else as to how long it would take before he noticed.

Well, during spring training of 2002 we had a sales dweeb making a pitch to us in his office and the outside supplier was trying to make some brownie points and points to the cap and says "So Fred, I see you're an Arizona fan, I bet you loved it when the Yankees choked in game 7."

A good laugh was had by all.

Well, almost all.

LWW