PDA

View Full Version : new tip info

kenz
04-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Hi. I currently use a Talisman Professional medium tip on my OB shaft. I have had delamination issues with it but I like the hit of the tip. I wondered if anyone has any recommendations on a tip similar or a little softer than that since it is time for me to replace the Talisman. I was thinking of a Kamui black soft or super soft. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

LWW
04-09-2010, 11:50 AM
I've used several Talisman's and never experienced delam.

I'm guessing that you might have just picked up 1 with a defect.

I'd go to their website and contact Tony. He's a great guy.

LWW

Sid_Vicious
04-09-2010, 12:58 PM
I used to have many delams with Talisman tips, others did too. I still have many virgin Talisman tips, wasting away, but I wouldn't trust one for nothing, I'll give them away! I play with Moori med on the play cue I use today, and Moori hards on most others. I would suggest a Moori medium to you. Talisman meds used to be a notch harder in all stated grades, and Moori just the opposite.

One thing about all layered tips, is that fiddling with them a lot with tools accelerates delams. They should also not be left too tall after install. The Talismans I had delam though never had excessive attention, and still delaminated a lot. I NEVER lost a Moori.

You'll like the Moori medium. sid

pooldude
04-09-2010, 01:28 PM
I used Talisman tips for years and swore by them. I had one delam once and didn't think anything about it until the next one did the same thing. After the following two that were put on for me by the same guy that had been putting on all my previous tips also did the same thing I finally gave up and switched tips.

They didn't have this problem at first, but I think they changed where they were made a few years ago and then the problem started.

I also have a few around here somewhere, but it doesn't matter if I find them or not because I don't plan on ever using them again.

gabeski
04-09-2010, 03:43 PM
I have been using the Kamui super soft for about six months and love it. Hope they never quit making them, because I have never found a tip I like as much.

PoolFool
04-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Ditto on the Kamui. I love mine (Soft). I also like Instroke tips. Never had a problem.

PoolFool

cushioncrawler
04-10-2010, 03:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kenz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi. I currently use a Talisman Professional medium tip on my OB shaft. I have had delamination issues with it but I like the hit of the tip. I wondered if anyone has any recommendations on a tip similar or a little softer than that since it is time for me to replace the Talisman. I was thinking of a Kamui black soft or super soft. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.</div></div>Some of the snooker players tell me that their talismans delam -- the top layer kums off -- leeving a nude patch.
My lepros allways delam -- but here, with only one layer, the whole one layer kums off the bakelite (??) backing -- so i just stick it back on again.

Duz anyone out there stick a whole tip on top of the remainder of the old tip??????? -- ie after trimming off most of the old layers, ie leeving just one or two.
madMac.