PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News, available only at the BD CCB!

rackmup
08-21-2002, 05:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Challenge Match: Winner goes free!
By BOB STROKER
The Associated Press

WASHINGTON (Aug. 20) - Lawyers for domestic marketing powerhouse Martha Stewart handed over more than a thousand pages of e-mail and phone records Tuesday to a House investigative panel examining her sale of ImClone stock.

But lawmakers heading the investigation didn't rule out issuing a subpoena to force Stewart to appear before the panel.

Stewart responded to the possibility of having to appear before a Senate committee by saying "They are trying to ruin me! I have done nothing wrong other than occasionally browning the meringue on a pie a little too long or perhaps hanging a nineball in a corner for my opponent."

Stewart has requested that "sleeping dogs be allowed to sleep" and perhaps the matter can be resolved over a "friendly nineball match" between herself and Committee Chairman Billy Tauzin. Mr. Tauzin hasn't replied to the challenge.

Stewart's business interests are failing and the only steady cash flow she has is from her recent forays into the world of professional billiards. She, along with her partner, operate a retail billiards accessories business as well as her self-promotion on the Professional Billiards Tour. Stewart turned to her skills in billiards as a means of bolstering a rapidly dwindling legal defense fund.

In other Martha Stewart news, a civil suit has been filed against Stewart on behalf of professional pool player, Keith McCready. It seems McCready and Stewart, after a long set of nineball and several hours at a local tavern, left for a local hourly-rate motel where McCready claims Stewart "stole my clothing that I wore in the movie, "The Color of Money" and has placed them on EBay for auction." McCready was found naked and handcuffed to the bed in a room at the "NoTell Motel" in Tucson, Arizona. There have been no comments from the law firm that represents Stewart.<hr></blockquote>

Regards,

Ken

Lester
08-21-2002, 06:05 AM
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;IT'S LIKE A NIGHTMARE, RACKEMUP. IT JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE AND WORSE! ***Lester***~for proof go to www.marthastewart.con (http://www.marthastewart.con)

Doctor_D
08-21-2002, 06:26 AM
Good morning:

Corporate GREED, of which I have seen more then my share over the previous Five (5) years, has been out of control. Take my word for it, you have not seen anything yet !!!

Dr. D.