PDA

View Full Version : Talisman Pro M - Update

griffith_d
08-21-2002, 06:02 AM
I played in my weekly 9 ball tournament last night and my play was cranked up a notch. People all across the room were saying "nice shot", "Damn Dean", "are you going to bank them all in?". I was drawing shots off the 8 in the corner across the full length of the table to the 9 laying on the rail where I was standing.

All I can say is Talisman has really made a difference in my playing recently. In the tournament I got down to the last 6 when I was put out (he slopped the 9 in twice), but kept playing a friend of mine (we usually play for money) and he did not win a game (played 15).

I highly recommend Talisman Pro over any single layered tip. I had a Le Pro MH,...I guess it was ok for a $.50 tip.

Tony, thanks again for the Pro H and M you thru in.

Griff

bluewolf
08-21-2002, 08:41 AM
Glad the talisman pro has helped your game. I have one on my stick and I like it too. But it did not put my game up a notch, it just helped me not to miscue nearly as much and easier to use english without miscueing.

I still have so much to learn though, and in my case, 'it isnt the wand,it is the magician' <G>

bluewolf

TalismanTony
08-21-2002, 09:01 PM
Hi Griff,

Glad to hear you like the tips. Would you mind if I used your comments on my testimonials page?

http://www.talismanbilliards.com/Testimonials.asp

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

griffith_d
08-22-2002, 06:02 AM
Nope, go ahead.

bluewolf
08-22-2002, 06:15 AM
i would like to know the difference between moori and talisman except for price. i have two nice cues but one doesnt have the right balance so we are getting it fixed.my talisman soft feels very much like my husband's moori medium. he thinks the moori grips better. since i will be getting a new ferrule and tip on the cue that is being fixed, i would like to hear ideas, especially if you have used both. btw, i have had no problem with my talisman holding chalk. i have not had to scuff or pick it.i have been very pleased with it but if the moori grips better i might consider getting it on the stick that is being fixed.thanks in advance.

bluewolf

Doctor_D
08-22-2002, 06:29 AM
Good morning:

One aspect I have noticed over the years is that you can have Two (2) very comparable products which, absent pricing information and comparisons, are identical in quality and workmanship. However; regardless of how comparable these products are, as far as quality and workmanship are concerend, a major disparity in price will always raise questions as to whether or not the least expensive of the Two (2) is actually "Cheaper" and not just less expensive.

Many clients I have worked with have, due to the fact that their overhead and overall cost of oepration was much lower then some of their competitors, offered pricing on goods and services which proved significantly lower then their competitors. As a result, they would tend to draw customers seeking bargains and not quality in products and services. Once I restructured their pricing and revenue models, making them more competitive while remain just slightly less expensive then their competitors, business increased with a more prominent customer base and an overall increase in gross and net revenues.

Maybe the arugments over who has the better product, Talisman or Moori, is being fueld more by the price differential then by the inherent value and quality of the products themselves?

Dr. D.

griffith_d
08-22-2002, 06:29 AM
I have not tried a Moori, but I am sure I will in the future for comparison sake alone. I always want to up my game in every aspect, i.e. cue (custom), tip, practice, new shaft (314), instruction videos, professional lessons...whatever it takes I have or will do it.

I am glad you have tried the Moori and most people I have corresponded with say that the playability is close to a Talisman, some also say that nothing beats a Moori, so,....

I have just started playin pool again (the last 1 1/2 years) after taking a 5+ years off (forced) and am trying to regain my game. Since that makes me that much older, blinder, I am hoping I can make that up in smarter playing and the help with good equipment.

Griff

griffith_d
08-22-2002, 06:36 AM
That's is true, in any new company/product getting off the ground and is up against stiff competition, pricing is everything when the product is similiar (function/quality), you price things lower to get customers. That is all a company needs is to get people to try their product to get the product rolling.

That is just good marketing,...plus if the company has good financial backing they can take losses at first until revenues build.

Basically, the lower prices (could even be a loss leader) draws people in, they get a good name, advertising is free (word of mouth) and the company/product takes off.

Griff

Doctor_D
08-22-2002, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith_d:</font><hr> That's is true, in any new company/product getting off the ground and is up against stiff competition, pricing is everything when the product is similiar (function/quality), you price things lower to get customers. That is all a company needs is to get people to try their product to get the product rolling.

That is just good marketing,...plus if the company has good financial backing they can take losses at first until revenues build.

Basically, the lower prices (could even be a loss leader) draws people in, they get a good name, advertising is free (word of mouth) and the company/product takes off.

Griff <hr></blockquote>

Good morming:

Yes, attractive pricing will draw new customers and those seeking to try a new product. However; if the price differential is too great it will have the reverse effect and prove counter productive overall.

Dr. D.

griffith_d
08-22-2002, 06:50 AM
correct

TalismanTony
08-22-2002, 10:08 PM
Dear Doctor_D,

You're so right, and finding the best price point is very tricky.

What I have done is to try and produce best quality products that are within the reach of more players. I aim to widen the market of players using the more expensive layered tips rather than take market share from existing brands.

I also believe that these days people are more aware of the instrinsic value of things. In the case of Moori tips, the market price is far more dependant on supply and demand dynamics than intrinsic value of the product. I am not saying that the product is not worth the price, Moori makes a very fine tip and sets a benchmark for others to follow, and as such it is worth whatever a person pays for it, as long as the person is happy with it after purchase.

I hope that through making my tips more available to more players (less expensive than others) and by giving the very best customer service, Talisman will continue to grow.